Pentagon chief to remove military ban on women in combat

Jan 23, 2013 Full story: Chicago Tribune 108

The U.S. military will formally end its ban on women serving in frontline combat roles, officials said on Wednesday, in a move that could open thousands of fighting jobs to female service members for the first time.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Jan 24, 2013
Yep, Obama's war on women continues. Let's kill them, abortions not working.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Jan 24, 2013
Oh my, I must call Este' Lauder and see if they have night creams in camo.
liberal women are ugly

Southampton, NY

#3 Jan 24, 2013
The Battle Axe Brigade

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Jan 24, 2013
Another step toward equality.

If women can do the job there is no reason to ban them from combat.

Location hidden

#5 Jan 24, 2013
liberal women are ugly wrote:
The Battle Axe Brigade
We will only be asked to attack every 28 days. God help the liberals then.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#6 Jan 24, 2013
I look at it this. Equal opportunity.

Here is the issue I have though. These little chicken hawks, these girlie men, the only way to put it, these pussies like Obama, Cameron, Panetta, Clinton, Bush, McLame, Graham, Sarkozy, Merchle, Romney, etc.....

You guys want to go to war so bad. Then lead it. Be like Alexander the Great, Ghengis Khan, Napoleon, etc... Get out there and lead it.

Stop being a bitch behind a desk telling other people what they have to do. You want to pick a fight, then go fight it. You want Assad out, then grab a gun, go over there and do it. Stop being a little bitch and having someone else do your dirty work.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#7 Jan 24, 2013
Our men are taught to protect our women. I hate to be the one to tell our alternative livers, but men and women are different. How do you think men will react when our women are tortured. Obama wants to weaken the military, and disarm civilians. Isn't it time to ask ourselves why?
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jan 24, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>We will only be asked to attack every 28 days. God help the liberals then.
Yes, contraire....if that could somehow be coordinated!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#9 Jan 24, 2013
obama throws like a girl, maybe he could join up when he leaves his current job?

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Our men are taught to protect our women. I hate to be the one to tell our alternative livers, but men and women are different. How do you think men will react when our women are tortured. Obama wants to weaken the military, and disarm civilians. Isn't it time to ask ourselves why?
it might work, unless they demand separate shower and latrine facilities
Robert

Douglasville, GA

#11 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
But if they can't do the job then that is ok right, women want to be treated the same until they don't. If they are going to be treated the same and the only positions available to them are in combat units they that is where they go like it or not.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Gays in the military will say this is unfair. Having to actually be in a fox hole with a women.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
obama throws like a girl, maybe he could join up when he leaves his current job?
OMG, don't give a grenade.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 24, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, contraire....if that could somehow be coordinated!
Yes, they will say the PMS brigade is worse than water boarding.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#15 Jan 24, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
And by definition there is no reason to exclude them from the draft. Start registering women for the draft NOW, just as young men are required to do. We'll see whether women really want to be all THAT equal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
I look at it this. Equal opportunity.
Here is the issue I have though. These little chicken hawks, these girlie men, the only way to put it, these pussies like Obama, Cameron, Panetta, Clinton, Bush, McLame, Graham, Sarkozy, Merchle, Romney, etc.....
You guys want to go to war so bad. Then lead it. Be like Alexander the Great, Ghengis Khan, Napoleon, etc... Get out there and lead it.
Stop being a bitch behind a desk telling other people what they have to do. You want to pick a fight, then go fight it. You want Assad out, then grab a gun, go over there and do it. Stop being a little bitch and having someone else do your dirty work.
We'd have no more wars if the President and members of Congress were required to lead the battle.

Tawas City, Michigan

#17 Jan 24, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
What's sick is you think it's acceptable for our MEN to be tortured?

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Jan 24, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
it might work, unless they demand separate shower and latrine facilities
There aren't a whole lot of showers on the front lines, and a latrine is a hole dug in the ground.

If that's your biggest concern, I suggest you stay in the rear with the gear.

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
But if they can't do the job then that is ok right, women want to be treated the same until they don't. If they are going to be treated the same and the only positions available to them are in combat units they that is where they go like it or not.
If they can meet the qualifications then they will go, like it or not. Just like men.

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Jan 24, 2013
Kenhunt wrote:
<quoted text>
And by definition there is no reason to exclude them from the draft. Start registering women for the draft NOW, just as young men are required to do. We'll see whether women really want to be all THAT equal.
Agreed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,154,581
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 1 min Ambivalent 340
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 min positronium 293,601
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 4 min tha Professor 332
Two military suicide bills, different results: ... 4 min Cordwainer Trout 7
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 min woodtick57 2,407
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Sunshine 165,616
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 35 min Uncle Bob 1,547
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 44 min barefoot2626 817
More from around the web