Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, Al...

Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner

There are 181 comments on the WTMA-AM North Charleston story from Jun 23, 2013, titled Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner. In it, WTMA-AM North Charleston reports that:

An immigration reform bill in the Senate now has crucial Republican support after senators struck a deal centered on border security last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMA-AM North Charleston.

spud

Bangor, PA

#138 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want amnesty either. I don't like the fact that people can cross the border and then live and work here without problems. This has to be addressed immediately and as you probably know all these laws have to be passed by Congress. The bill passed by the Senate is a very balanced bipartisan solution. It's a excellent opportunity for America to have a bill created by both sides and , even though it's not a perfect bill it is decently balanced.
Read the first two sentences of your post, then explain to me how S744 would be your solution. S744 IS an amnesty first bill with PROMISES of tighter border security later. You say you don't want amnesty and you want tighter security. Well, this bill is everything you DON'T want. The truth of the matter is, we don't need to declare an amnesty in order to pass a bill which would include Everify, stronger border security and a better tracking system for visa holders. The larger truth is that the people who voted yes on S744 don't want border security or any other kind of control.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#139 Jun 29, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
READ MY LIPS, cupcake.
we the people do not want another amnesty. PERIOD.
Are you the voice of all the Americans ? You are just one person who opposes this bill but more than 50% agree with it.

Bloomfield, NJ

#140 Jun 29, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Giving them your Cloaked Amnesty is NOT going to solve a damn thing. It will simply take away from Americans and their children.
People who oppose immigration bill are people who don't know the history of America. When Europeans came here they didn't have any paperwork with them yet they had a great contribution to the Americans society. It will happen the same with hispanics.

Bloomfield, NJ

#141 Jun 29, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> Its a B.S bill designed for the convenience of illegals only.Tell me which part benefits Americans?
The economical growth will benefit Americans.

Bloomfield, NJ

#142 Jun 29, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Read the first two sentences of your post, then explain to me how S744 would be your solution. S744 IS an amnesty first bill with PROMISES of tighter border security later. You say you don't want amnesty and you want tighter security. Well, this bill is everything you DON'T want. The truth of the matter is, we don't need to declare an amnesty in order to pass a bill which would include Everify, stronger border security and a better tracking system for visa holders. The larger truth is that the people who voted yes on S744 don't want border security or any other kind of control.
I think there should be a clear decision about these 11 million people. Either they are legalized or they are deported. The worst thing you want to do is to make their life miserable.

Bloomfield, NJ

#143 Jun 29, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not reform, it's amnesty. Reform will not help illegal aliens because they are not in the immigration system, they went around it. The only thing that help them is amnesty with no requirements because they can't follow any laws.
The House will not even look at the Senate bill, who wants to read that 1,000+ page, 24 pound monster? They have their own bill.
Amnesty is right now since they can work and live here without any problems. I wonder how you feel about this situation.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#144 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
People who oppose immigration bill are people who don't know the history of America. When Europeans came here they didn't have any paperwork with them yet they had a great contribution to the Americans society. It will happen the same with hispanics.
The results of the Simpson-Mazzoli Act proves otherwise.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#145 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
The economical growth will benefit Americans.
The unemployment rate is 7.6%.
There are more than 4 million long term unemployed non farm workers currently.

Explain how dumping millions of functionally illiterate, uneducated, nominally inexperienced illegals into the job market is going to provide economic growth benefiting Americans?
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#146 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pathetic ! Why didn't Bush enforce the laws ? Oh, I almost forgot : he attacked Iraq instead of securing the border.
Why won't Obama secure the Border, oh ya he needs illegals votes.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

#147 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems it is you that doesn't know history. The Europeans came legally not illegally. Learn to know the difference oh clueless one.

Bloomfield, NJ

#148 Jun 29, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
The unemployment rate is 7.6%.
There are more than 4 million long term unemployed non farm workers currently.
Explain how dumping millions of functionally illiterate, uneducated, nominally inexperienced illegals into the job market is going to provide economic growth benefiting Americans?
CBO would be more than happy to answer that question.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

#149 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there should be a clear decision about these 11 million people. Either they are legalized or they are deported. The worst thing you want to do is to make their life miserable.
These lawbreakers made life miserable for themselves by sneaking over the border uninivited. Put the blame where the blame belongs.

Bloomfield, NJ

#150 Jun 29, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
The Europeans came legally not illegally.
Hahahahahahahaha!!!

Bloomfield, NJ

#151 Jun 29, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Why won't Obama secure the Border, oh ya he needs illegals votes.
Under his administration a lot of people have been deported and the border has been strengthen. Is there room for more border security ? Of course there is.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#152 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right grandma..I am a Native American Indian without knowledge of My Country. FY and the mule you rode in on.

Bloomfield, NJ

#153 Jun 29, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
These lawbreakers made life miserable for themselves by sneaking over the border uninivited. Put the blame where the blame belongs.
Calling them lawbreakers or criminals is a clear exaggeration. Let's say you live in a very poor and dangerous area in Mexico not far from Mexico US border. You wanna escape and when you get to the border you say "Man, I wanna get there cause there are so many opportunities for me but I won't go cause by doing that I would break the law!". Is this how you would think ?

The US government is the one and the only one that should be blamed for this situation. Since the beginning of mankind until the end of it people would seek to move to a better place. It's survival instinct.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#154 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling them lawbreakers or criminals is a clear exaggeration. Let's say you live in a very poor and dangerous area in Mexico not far from Mexico US border. You wanna escape and when you get to the border you say "Man, I wanna get there cause there are so many opportunities for me but I won't go cause by doing that I would break the law!". Is this how you would think ?
The US government is the one and the only one that should be blamed for this situation. Since the beginning of mankind until the end of it people would seek to move to a better place. It's survival instinct.
Here's the reality.

Mexicans created Mexico,nobody else.
You come here and create the same environment you're fleeing from and then latch onto a new host city and drain IT of its resources leaving a wake of destruction and lawlessness in your path.
50% of our prison system is populated by frickin illegals being housed and cared for by a system they never contributed to.
Mexico has enough natural resources where its entire population could live a better standard of life than even Americans and you won't fight the corrupt few who keep you in poverty.
Nothing good comes to any society that encourages tens of millions of uneducated and unskilled baby making machines,period.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#155 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Under his administration a lot of people have been deported and the border has been strengthen. Is there room for more border security ? Of course there is.
They say their deported More Agents on Border with their rubber bullets.LOL

Bloomfield, NJ

#156 Jun 29, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the reality.
Mexicans created Mexico,nobody else.
You come here and create the same environment you're fleeing from and then latch onto a new host city and drain IT of its resources leaving a wake of destruction and lawlessness in your path.
50% of our prison system is populated by frickin illegals being housed and cared for by a system they never contributed to.
Mexico has enough natural resources where its entire population could live a better standard of life than even Americans and you won't fight the corrupt few who keep you in poverty.
Nothing good comes to any society that encourages tens of millions of uneducated and unskilled baby making machines,period.
I was talking about the situation in northen Mexico. People from the center or south don't even want to come here because they live well.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#157 Jun 29, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the situation in northen Mexico. People from the center or south don't even want to come here because they live well.
Then why don't they help their brothers and sisters to the north,and any other impoverished area?
Why should we support your uneducated and unskilled class?
We have enough of our own dead-beats,we don't need tens of millions of yours.
Take care of your own back yard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 172,104
News Ted Cruz's Fight to Protect the Open Internet 8 min sandy1 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Bluestater 1,265,118
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 28 min Holla Isabella 53
News Debate illustrates power of Fox News in GOP cam... 32 min serfs up 5
Time to go? 45 min Citizen 2,633
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 51 min LeDuped 190,686
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Quirky 337,040
News 5 things about Congress' fight over Planned Par... 9 hr Cat74 116
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 9 hr positronium 156
More from around the web