A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To...

A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms

There are 508 comments on the National Public Radio story from Mar 27, 2013, titled A Hot Topic: Climate Change Coming To Classrooms. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

By the time today's K-12 students grow up, the challenges posed by climate change are expected to be severe and sweeping.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#178 Apr 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never pretended to be a professor. It's a nickname, dumbass.
And your hypocrisy was what was funny...you posted this:
"do you ever tire of making moronic posts? if you want anyone to take your "scholarly advice"....you best start posting in a scholarly manner. if you're able."
You've never made anything BUT moronic posts...you have no scholarly ANYTHING to offer...we know you're UNABLE to post in such a manner.
In short, you were describing yourself, bumpkin. That was what I was laughing at. YOU.:)
do you always get into an emotional tizzy when you're unable to substantiate your claims? Jest tell me what your plan is for changing the climate...and how much it will change it? If you're a smart as you think you are....you should be able to do that.
I'm betting you can't though !:-D

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#179 Apr 12, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>do you always get into an emotional tizzy when you're unable to substantiate your claims? Jest tell me what your plan is for changing the climate...and how much it will change it? If you're a smart as you think you are....you should be able to do that.
Tell me why the hell I should care what a dumbass troll like yourself thinks?

LOL

Love it when stupid people act all arrogant and relevant...:)

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#180 Apr 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why the hell I should care what a dumbass troll like yourself thinks?
LOL
Love it when stupid people act all arrogant and relevant...:)
you must. You do it often.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#181 Apr 12, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>you must. You do it often.
Not as often as you do your "I KNOW you are but what am I??" act...:)

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#182 Apr 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as often as you do your "I KNOW you are but what am I??" act...:)
well....that would be your opinion, and it's all your own. Just don't confuse it as factual like you seem to do with all your other opinions, son.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#183 Apr 12, 2013
wrongdownthemiddleofthegully wrote:
......the word is spelled STINKING.
I use the word, "steenking" after a toxic topix AGW denier used it. "Steenking' is a campy take, used in many movies. That "wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" is unset with my use of "steenking" is a prime reason to continue my usage of it.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#184 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
You did graduate, didn't you?
//////////
"wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" gaffed:
Yes, I did.
//////////
litesong wrote:
"wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" is one up on 6 toxic topix AGW deniers, who never got their hi skule DEE-plooomaas. "wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" is nostalgic for its hi skule days, so it likes to consort with people who don't have hi skule DEE-plooomaas.

Still, "wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" didn't get upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc. Bet its college degree had no mathematics or science, either. You do have a degree, don't you.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#185 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
....... is unset with my use of "steenking".......
Should be, ".....is upset with my use of "steenking"..... "

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#186 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the word, "steenking" after a toxic topix AGW denier used it. "Steenking' is a campy take, used in many movies. That "wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" is unset with my use of "steenking" is a prime reason to continue my usage of it.
thanks for putting so much thought into this post!! there may be hope for you yet.....but i doubt it.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#187 Apr 12, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>do you always get into an emotional tizzy when you're unable to substantiate your claims? Jest tell me what your plan is for changing the climate...and how much it will change it? If you're a smart as you think you are....you should be able to do that.
May I cut in? I'm sure The Professor can answer, but in the meantime let me offer a few suggestions for lowering our carbon footprint to slow climate change for you to ignore:

1- Stop subsidizing fossil fuels.
2- Buy recycled products.
3- Stop deforestation.
4- Use more energy-efficient cars.
5- Use CFL lightbulbs.
6- Support clean energy.

If you require more ideas for you to dismiss in fighting against the ultimate ravages of climate change, just ask.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#188 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
You did graduate, didn't you?
//////////
"wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" gaffed:
Yes, I did.
//////////
litesong wrote:
"wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" is one up on 6 toxic topix AGW deniers, who never got their hi skule DEE-plooomaas. "wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" is nostalgic for its hi skule days, so it likes to consort with people who don't have hi skule DEE-plooomaas.
Still, "wrongdownthemiddleoftheg ully" didn't get upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc. Bet its college degree had no mathematics or science, either. You do have a degree, don't you.
yes......an mba, too. when will you get your GED?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#189 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
btw....are you not clever enough to use the conventional reply and use quotations that most educated people here utilize.
It's really quite simple....you need a tutorial?

Location hidden

#190 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
That pronunciation reached its height of popularity with,
"Badges? We don't need no steenkin' badges" in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#191 Apr 12, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>May I cut in? I'm sure The Professor can answer, but in the meantime let me offer a few suggestions for lowering our carbon footprint to slow climate change for you to ignore:
3- Stop deforestation.
5- Use CFL lightbulbs.
6- Support clean energy.
If you require more ideas for you to dismiss in fighting against the ultimate ravages of climate change, just ask.
I make a good living exploiting green energy....tax credits, RIN's. They pay my company much more than dollar to dollar fossil fuel credits.
I have no problem with people using energy efficient cars, but good luck mandating it in this real world.
How much deforestation is going on in our country on a net/net basis?
Light bulbs......can I buy you a half caff latte? lol
ONE LAST QUESTION, son. what quantitative benefit will your little list make on altering climate change?
That's all I've been asking all along!:-)
Peace!

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#192 Apr 12, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>May I cut in? I'm sure The Professor can answer, but in the meantime let me offer a few suggestions for lowering our carbon footprint to slow climate change for you to ignore:
3- Stop deforestation.
5- Use CFL lightbulbs.
6- Support clean energy.
psssst....you need to stop needlessly wasting energy. i just caught you!!!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#193 Apr 12, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
That pronunciation reached its height of popularity with,
"Badges? We don't need no steenkin' badges" in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre".
Yes, I like, "steenking" because toxic topix AGW deniers are kings at steenk. Maybe I should use, "steenkking". But then toxic topix AGW deniers might think I see the real connection they have with the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS). Yeah, maybe I SHOULD use, "steenkkking". That would be very accurate, indeed!

Several toxic topix AGW deniers have actually defended the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS), showing how upright, self-righteous, & godly(in an ungodly manner) that the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) is.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#194 Apr 12, 2013
wrongdownthemiddleofthegully wrote:
......you need to stop needlessly wasting energy. i just caught you!!!
You couldn't catch a watt in a root mean square.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#195 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I like, "steenking" because toxic topix AGW deniers are kings at steenk. Maybe I should use, "steenkking". But then toxic topix AGW deniers might think I see the real connection they have with the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS). Yeah, maybe I SHOULD use, "steenkkking". That would be very accurate, indeed!
Several toxic topix AGW deniers have actually defended the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS), showing how upright, self-righteous, & godly(in an ungodly manner) that the kkk(ALWAYS SMALL LETTERS) is.
yeah....maybe you should do that! by categorizing people as racists just because they question the validity of man made global warming and its proposed solutions......people on the periphery will easily realize that you're just a political hack with no sound FACTS. We can all conserve energy by not needlessly wasting time reading your inane tripe.
But.....for some reason you think you're brighter than other's and you have facts on your side. Sadly, you can never seem to present a good case for either.:-/

Location hidden

#196 Apr 12, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>I make a good living exploiting green energy....tax credits, RIN's. They pay my company much more than dollar to dollar fossil fuel credits.
I have no problem with people using energy efficient cars, but good luck mandating it in this real world.
How much deforestation is going on in our country on a net/net basis?
Light bulbs......can I buy you a half caff latte? lol
ONE LAST QUESTION, son. what quantitative benefit will your little list make on altering climate change?
That's all I've been asking all along!:-)
Peace!
Believe it or not, my ideas were not just for you to comply with, Mr. Rite. With regard to "the real world", many countries are far ahead of us in their understanding of climate change, and are doing something about it.

You seem surprised to learn that fighting climate change requires doing the "little things", like changing the types of lightbulbs we use. This can even be done by right wing mouthbreathers, with nary a sip of latte. We welcome all drinkers of Coors, Red Bull, and moonshine, that is, those who want to save the asses of themselves and their (unfortunate) children.

To answer your last question, dad, it's going to require our more enightened people to teach the less enlightened ones that all our keisters are on the line, and saving our world might be a good idea. Our younger people are more apt to realize what's going on. Our future is literally in their hands.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#197 Apr 12, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't catch a watt in a root mean square.
you're full of opinions. you can never seem to prove them to be factual, though, son.
poor little litesong...it tries to be heavy handed....but just lacks the mental ability to make a good point. about anything!!:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disp... 4 min YourEx 8
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,405,650
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min One way or another 201,713
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 16 min PayupSucka 323
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Brian_G 60,666
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Dr Guru 219,717
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 33 min Just Think 5,697
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 47 min Brian_G 391,568
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Abe 233,550
News The Latest: First lady calls out Trump, - hatefula 11 hr LoveTRUMPHate 86
More from around the web