Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52069 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#52806 Mar 4, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a scientific paper, it's an opinion piece.
If you think it's a scientific paper, then it's obvious you have no idea what science even is.
Where is the hypothesis. What was the experiment? What were the positive and negative controls?
Damn, you're dumb boy.
It's a published thesis. It validates it's points with referenced studies. The dummy is you.

However, I simply noted the first paragraph that relates the accepted social science perspective of marriage.

I know you don't like it because it destroys your denial of reality.

Sorry.

Smile.

Location hidden

#52807 Mar 4, 2014
Registered Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply note the first paragraph doesn't discuss marriage at all, and the second paragraph clearly states that marriage is not a requirement or even desired for many people engaging in mating behavior.
Yeah the first paragraph does. You lie.

I never claimed marriage is a requirement for mating behavior. You lie.

Smile.

Location hidden

#52808 Mar 4, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's rooted in biology. Biology is the study of animal behavior. Homosexuality exists across hundred of species in the animal kingdom, including our own. Homosexuality can;t possibly be a scientifically defective strategy, because science doesn't make those judgement calls. It merely observes what's there. Not to mention that I have posted a study for Kimary several times which he keeps choosing to ignore because it blows his entire argument right out of the water.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F1...
It is actually an evolutionary advantageous behavior in at least some circumstances. Kimary just doesn't understand genetics very well.
Not ignored it at all. In fact, the article I posted about the conundrum of homosexuality noted the study. It just isn't an accepted or conclusive theory as the article I posted explained.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52809 Mar 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a published thesis. It validates it's points with referenced studies. The dummy is you.
However, I simply noted the first paragraph that relates the accepted social science perspective of marriage.
Sorry.
Smile.
the·sis /&#712;TH&#275;sis/

noun a statement or theory that is put forward as a premise to be maintained or proved. "his central thesis is that psychological life is not part of the material world" synonyms: theory, contention, argument, line of argument, proposal, proposition, idea, claim, premise, assumption, hypothesis, postulation, supposition More

a long essay or dissertation involving personal research, written by a candidate for a college degree. "a doctoral thesis" synonyms: dissertation, essay, paper, treatise, disquisition, composition, monograph, study

.....atleast we agree on that. A thesis is just one persons theory.....a theory is just an opinion, like I said earlier......
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52810 Mar 4, 2014
theory

A set of assumptions,propositions, or accepted facts that attempts to provide a plausible or rational explanation of cause-and-effect (causal) relationships among a group of observed phenomenon. The word's origin (from the Greek thorós,a spectator), stresses the fact that all theories are mental models of the perceived reality.

.......a theory is an assumption, not fact.......
LaffsAtStupidHom os

New York, NY

#52811 Mar 4, 2014
relax wrote:
theory
A set of assumptions,propositions, or accepted facts that attempts to provide a plausible or rational explanation of cause-and-effect (causal) relationships among a group of observed phenomenon. The word's origin (from the Greek thorós,a spectator), stresses the fact that all theories are mental models of the perceived reality.
Hi Exlax. I just wanted to say, that I think you are full of chit.
Have a nice life, butt plug. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
1 post removed
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52813 Mar 4, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
In the reality of it all; Yes she was just his wife!
So his niece knows him better than his wife, eh?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52814 Mar 4, 2014
relax wrote:
theory
Somebody didn't pay attention in Biology class.

Do you know the definition of a scientific theory?

Scientific theories are testable. They describe the causal elements responsible for a particular natural phenomenon, and are used to explain and predict aspects of the physical universe or specific areas of inquiry (e.g. electricity, chemistry, astronomy). Scientists use theories as a foundation to gain further scientific knowledge, as well as to accomplish goals such as inventing technology or curing disease. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a guess (i.e., unsubstantiated and speculative).

Gravity is a theory. Why don't you go test it out by jumping off a tall building?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52815 Mar 4, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
Smile.
Damn, KiMerde! ALL theses validate their points with referenced studies. That doesn't make them correct.

And one man's thesis does not determine the "accepted social science perspective."

You are so clueless.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52816 Mar 4, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody didn't pay attention in Biology class.
Scientific theories are testable. They describe the causal elements responsible for a particular natural phenomenon, and are used to explain and predict aspects of the physical universe or specific areas of inquiry (e.g. electricity, chemistry, astronomy). Scientists use theories as a foundation to gain further scientific knowledge, as well as to accomplish goals such as inventing technology or curing disease. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a guess (i.e., unsubstantiated and speculative).
Gravity is a theory. Why don't you go test it out by jumping off a tall building?
Who said anything about a scientific theory, you or someone else may have, I didn't. Kimare said that article was a published thesis, which I agree with and stated so. Don't go putting words in my mouth. A thesisis is someone's personal research and conclusions based on others study. Which is exactly what I said earlier when the article was brought up. I did use the word opinion, but that is exactly what a personal conclusion is, ones opinion on the matter. I'm not into games, don't go trying to bend my words and I will give you the same respect. That's how adults converse. And yes,When it comes to scientific theories, I agree with what you just said, scientific theories is the foundation to GAINING scientific knowledge, but you see, kimare didn't say scientific theory, he said a published thesis.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52817 Mar 4, 2014
In my opinion, I don't see where science has anything to do with 2 people getting married, same sex or not. So instead of making childish insults, why not try persuasion and explaining your point. One of the things I did learn in speech is that when debating a topic the last thing to do in order to get your point across, is to try to insult, especially on the internet, that's just lame. Insults from anonymous people are only validated by weak minded individuals. I may not be the smartest man alive, but those who know me, know I'm not weak minded. As I've stated before, insults only void and nullify your point, no matter if your stance is right or wrong. As soon as you attempt to insult, the person you are trying to get your point across to could care less about your views. I'm not saying you are, but if you're thinking that you don't care what me or others think, then you wouldn't be here. Ill carry on adult conversation or nothing with you, your choice. Its the internet its very easy to ignore faceless, nameless people.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52818 Mar 4, 2014
Maybe you are confusing me with another poster.
http://chronicle.com/article/article-content/...
thats the article I'm refering to and at the time we were in agreement. You stated the following and i was in agreement about it not being a scientific study
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMerde is completely clueless about what constitutes a scientific study. He thinks if somebody has PhD after their name that every word they utter must be fact.
unless your stance has changed, i still believe the article in itself, is not a scientific study, therefore we would still be in agreement

Location hidden

#52819 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, KiMerde! ALL theses validate their points with referenced studies. That doesn't make them correct.
And one man's thesis does not determine the "accepted social science perspective."
You are so clueless.
Lets see,

I point out the first paragraph noting accepted facts about marriage. Facts that validate my point about marriage being a constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

The thesis goes on to develop theories about short term MATING BEHAVIOR validated with numerous references to other studies.

You girls confuse and deny the whole thing, clearly incapable of comprehending it.

You post NOT ONE SINGLE study disproving a single point of the thesis.

Who am I going to believe? Gosh, that's a tough one...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#52820 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless.
I wasn't arguing the short term theories of mating behavior.

However, do you have any referenced studies that counter their points?

Or should we just trust your opinion???

Smirk.

Location hidden

#52821 Mar 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Somebody didn't pay attention in Biology class.
Great idea.

Smile.

Location hidden

#52822 Mar 5, 2014
relax wrote:
In my opinion, I don't see where science has anything to do with 2 people getting married, same sex or not.
And that is your problem of denial.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#52823 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And, in other news, same sex couples can still legally marry in Illinois.

Your trolling this thread is silly, since your comments are irrelevant to the laws of this state. Perhaps you should start a thread about another state where the action is still playing out.
relax

Kewanee, IL

#52824 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not denying anything. Denying is saying no its not possible, which is not what I said. Instead of just copying others ideas, why don't you explain in your own words how science causes 2 people to fall in love and get married. People get married for all kinds of reasons and that includes straight people. Religious reasons,love, financial, the feeling of obligation, children, arranged marriage, pressure, the list goes on and on. So instead of trying to act superior, why not try and explain in your own words how any of that applies to the so called science of marriage. People get lazy anymore, everyone wants argue a subject to death using others ideas, but no one wants to think on their own, this guy says this,she says that. Never here is my opinion and this is why I think it. Now, I'm not the one claiming science caused people to get married, you are. How do you come up to this conclusion? Is it just from whatever the first thing you read was? Is there a difference of how straight people and homosexuals decide?
As in any good debate, opposite sides are open to listening and I am. The attemp at persuasion is what fuels any good debate, Good debate does not derive from the old my_____ is bigger then your _____ mentality.Or are you going to keep repeating the same smug remarks over and over using others ideas and finishing everything with a childish "smile" . Where do you come to the conclusion that its science that causes people to end up together?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#52825 Mar 5, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see,
I point out the first paragraph noting accepted facts about marriage. Facts that validate my point about marriage being a constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
The thesis goes on to develop theories about short term MATING BEHAVIOR validated with numerous references to other studies.
You girls confuse and deny the whole thing, clearly incapable of comprehending it.
You post NOT ONE SINGLE study disproving a single point of the thesis.
Who am I going to believe? Gosh, that's a tough one...
Snicker.
Did your "facts" invalidate the legal validity of my marriage?
Did even ONE SINGLE "FACT" you posted negate my federally recognized marriage?

We all see just how well your "facts" are working out for you.
Scott

United States

#52826 Mar 5, 2014
10 Reasons Why Homosexual “Marriage” is Harmful and Must be Opposed
1. It Is Not Marriage

Calling something marriage does not make it marriage. Marriage has always been a covenant between a man and a woman which is by its nature ordered toward the procreation and education of children and the unity and wellbeing of the spouses.

The promoters of same-sex “marriage” propose something entirely different. They propose the union between two men or two women. This denies the self-evident biological, physiological, and psychological differences between men and women which find their complementarity in marriage. It also denies the specific primary purpose of marriage: the perpetuation of the human race and the raising of children.

Two entirely different things cannot be considered the same thing.

2. It Violates Natural Law

Marriage is not just any relationship between human beings. It is a relationship rooted in human nature and thus governed by natural law.

Natural law’s most elementary precept is that “good is to be done and pursued, and evil is to be avoided.” By his natural reason, man can perceive what is morally good or bad for him. Thus, he can know the end or purpose of each of his acts and how it is morally wrong to transform the means that help him accomplish an act into the act’s purpose.

Any situation which institutionalizes the circumvention of the purpose of the sexual act violates natural law and the objective norm of morality.

Being rooted in human nature, natural law is universal and immutable. It applies to the entire human race, equally. It commands and forbids consistently, everywhere and always. Saint Paul taught in the Epistle to the Romans that the natural law is inscribed on the heart of every man.(Rom. 2:14-15)

3. It Always Denies a Child Either a Father or a Mother

It is in the child’s best interests that he be raised under the influence of his natural father and mother. This rule is confirmed by the evident difficulties faced by the many children who are orphans or are raised by a single parent, a relative, or a foster parent.

The unfortunate situation of these children will be the norm for all children of a same-sex “marriage.” A child of a same-sex “marriage” will always be deprived of either his natural mother or father. He will necessarily be raised by one party who has no blood relationship with him. He will always be deprived of either a mother or a father role model.

Same-sex “marriage” ignores a child’s best interests.

4. It Validates and Promotes the Homosexual Lifestyle

In the name of the “family,” same-sex “marriage” serves to validate not only such unions but the whole homosexual lifestyle in all its bisexual and transgender variants.

Civil laws are structuring principles of man's life in society. As such, they play a very important and sometimes decisive role in influencing patterns of thought and behavior. They externally shape the life of society, but also profoundly modify everyone’s perception and evaluation of forms of behavior.

Legal recognition of same-sex “marriage” would necessarily obscure certain basic moral values, devalue traditional marriage, and weaken public morality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,263,670
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min DanFromSmithville 171,833
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min An NFL Fan 190,197
News Republican-led House panel seeks interview with... 14 min cpeter1313 51
News Poll: If Trump Runs As Independent, Hillary Cli... 15 min woodtick57 11
Time to go? 16 min Citizen 2,512
News Nation's capital is sinking into the ocean 18 min fatbacksx 24
News Hillary Clinton is promising that all homes wil... 52 min xxxrayted 52
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr NTR1 336,713
News Planned Parenthood chief apologizes after video 1 hr Cat74 384
More from around the web