N.Y. Democrat: I got death threats ov...

N.Y. Democrat: I got death threats over gun control support

There are 97 comments on the New York Daily News story from Apr 3, 2013, titled N.Y. Democrat: I got death threats over gun control support. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

Despite the death threats, Rep. Carolyn Maloney said she is moving forward with her bill calling for gun owners to have liability insurance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Apr 3, 2013
As President Obama prepares to head to Colorado on Wednesday to push gun control legislation, some are calling into question the validity of a key statistic he’s using to tout his message on near-universal background checks.

During several speeches, Obama has said 40 percent of all gun purchases were made without a background check.

But that number is nearly two decades old and comes from a poll with a relatively tiny sample size. Gun rights groups like the National Rifle Association, as well as The Washington Post’s “Fact Checker,” are calling out the president’s stat, saying his numbers on background checks need a background check of their own.

During a speech last week, Obama asked,“Why wouldn’t we want to make it more difficult for a dangerous person to get his or her hand on a gun? Why wouldn’t we want to close the loophole that allows as many as 40 percent of all gun purchases to take place without a background check? Why wouldn’t we do that?”

The oft-cited figure, it turns out, was pulled from a 1997 study done by the National Institute of Justice. In the study, researchers estimated about 40 percent of all firearm sales took place through people other than licensed gun dealers. The conclusion was based on data from a 1994 survey of 2,568 households. Of those, only 251 people answered the question about where they got their guns.

PolitiFact tracked down the co-author of the study, Duke University professor Philip Cook, and asked him if he thought the 40 percent estimate is accurate.

“The answer is I have no idea,” Cook reportedly told PolitiFact.“This survey was done almost 20 years ago.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/03/ob...

“Make America Great Again”

Since: Jun 07

Bring Obama Back!

#2 Apr 3, 2013
There is only one way to deal with these cowardly right-wingers who make threats like this... I would volunteer to be the one to handle it.
goose

Carol Stream, IL

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
There is only one way to deal with these cowardly right-wingers who make threats like this... I would volunteer to be the one to handle it.
Would you handle the cowardly left wing threats in the same way? I bet not!
Don't give me any B.S. the left does not do this either! Plenty of deranged individuals out there!

Bring Obama Back!

#4 Apr 3, 2013
goose wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you handle the cowardly left wing threats in the same way? I bet not!
Don't give me any B.S. the left does not do this either! Plenty of deranged individuals out there!
The Left doesn't go to public town hall meetings armed with assault weapons... these disgusting cowards on the right are the only idiots who would look to shoot those with whom they can't debate or win the political argument against.
August

Silver Springs, FL

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The Left doesn't go to public town hall meetings armed with assault weapons... these disgusting cowards on the right are the only idiots who would look to shoot those with whom they can't debate or win the political argument against.
So you have a problem with people exercising their rights? Your hypocrisy is showing...again. You exercise your First Amendment right by getting on here and spewing your leftist propaganda yet you would deny others from exercising their Second Amendment right. How very liberal of you.
FormerParatroope r

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
How would you handle it? With violence, with a gun? Would you volunteer to handle the left wing radicals who make the same threats?
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 3, 2013
NY democrat Senator Malcolm Smith is also a lying democrat. Bye Bye Malcolm.
FormerParatroope r

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike those on the left who prefer to bomb police stations?
Ninthman

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#9 Apr 3, 2013
Senator Malcolm Smith smells like Obama and Blago.

Paris

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I would like to volunteer you try my house first.

Paris

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaha Yes you liberal scum build bombs and blow up government buildings to kill people. The you become college professors and announce the beginning of Obama's reign of terror.
Maloney Baloney

Sun City, AZ

#12 Apr 3, 2013
What proof does she have?
Just take her word for it?
I guess she shouldn't be too worried as she has a nice public paid armed guard detail (so Maloney Baloney, are your bodyguards subkect to the 7 round magazine restriction? Didn't think so.)
As far as threats, the genius who doesn't know how to spell Marine Corps is willing to commit violence based upon its pin brained view of the world, but apparently that is okay.
If Maloney Baloney wants to target a specific group in an attempt to cause them problems, she is bound to upset some people.
If the telephone were around at the time, I'm sure that there were American colonists who would have phoned in some death threats to the British when they decided to confisgate the weapons that started the Revolutionary War...
Perhaps history repeats itself...

Paris

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Sound Familiar?

Obama admin pushes banks to make home loans to people with weak credit...
Maloney Baloney

Sun City, AZ

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Here we go, Marine Fraud Pat decllaring itself judge, jury and executioner. If Pattie Cakes shows up at your door, you could call 911 for the criminal trespass and show your appreciation for its visit by sending him several high speed tokens of your affection.
The headline would read:
Attempted break in by crazed imposter wearing uniform.
Armed citizen given award for terminating violent rampage.

Paris

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Associated Press bans 'illegal immigrant'...

Opts instead for 'living in or entering a country without legal permission'...

Leno: AP Replaces 'Illegal Immigrant' With 'Undocumented Democrat'...

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lefties go to schools, theaters and Arizona political rallies armed with assault weapons.
Your Ex

United States

#17 Apr 3, 2013
Here in CO
Industries are leaving
Conventions are getting cancelled
Hunters are canceling trips
All because of newly passed gun laws that county Sherriffs are calling
Unenforceable.
Thanks, knee-jerk politicians
We'll remember this come next local elections.

Bring Obama Back!

#18 Apr 3, 2013
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lefties go to schools, theaters and Arizona political rallies armed with assault weapons.
Why is it that you cowards on the right always throw rocks and then hide your hands?
You fools proudly flaunted assault weapons and handguns at town hall meetings and then when people who proclaimed the very beliefs you spew on here daily you desperately try to push them off as left.
You fools scratch and claw at every attempt to regulate guns but won't claim your brothern when they use guns to kill.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#19 Apr 3, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that you cowards on the right always throw rocks and then hide your hands?
You fools proudly flaunted assault weapons and handguns at town hall meetings and then when people who proclaimed the very beliefs you spew on here daily you desperately try to push them off as left.
You fools scratch and claw at every attempt to regulate guns but won't claim your brothern when they use guns to kill.
What in the hell are you babbling about Lefty?

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#20 Apr 3, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you handle it? With violence, with a gun? Would you volunteer to handle the left wing radicals who make the same threats?
No he wouldn't, because he's a hypocrite little bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 min coco 15,862
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,510,375
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 239,666
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 17 min Nobel Unlikely 7,648
News Comey, Rogers appearance before House Intellige... 1 hr Only the TRUTH 11
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr More Trump Lies 262,698
News After setback, abortion foes keep pressing Cong... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
News Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on amm... 3 hr davy 210
More from around the web