Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

Dec 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NBC29

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Comments
1,861 - 1,880 of 2,689 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2013
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Those were not full auto. They were just like the ones supplied in Bush's Operation Wide Receiver you hypocrite.
How many did we lose track of under Operation Wide Receiver and were used to kill Federal Agents...?
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
How many did we lose track of under Operation Wide Receiver and were used to kill Federal Agents...?
One Agent. Not Agents. And his lost was not in vain. Boarder Agents are now trained NOT to attack an armed gang with a bean bag.
I read an article from an ATF Agent that said "can you imagine if the ATF or FBI had arrested the person LEGALLY buying all the guns because we thought he MIGHT take them to Mexico. The news would have gone wild with that story".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>One Agent. Not Agents. And his lost was not in vain. Boarder Agents are now trained NOT to attack an armed gang with a bean bag.
I read an article from an ATF Agent that said "can you imagine if the ATF or FBI had arrested the person LEGALLY buying all the guns because we thought he MIGHT take them to Mexico. The news would have gone wild with that story".
AGENTS...TWO...PLURAL...

One Boarder Patrol Agent

One ICE Agent

Two Federal Agents.

Only thing about that story is it didn't happen that way...they weren't "LEGALLY buying all the guns"...were they...?
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
AGENTS...TWO...PLURAL...
One Boarder Patrol Agent
One ICE Agent
Two Federal Agents.
Only thing about that story is it didn't happen that way...they weren't "LEGALLY buying all the guns"...were they...?
The guns were bought legally. Agent Brian Terry is the only known dead with a gun traced back to F&F. According to testimony given in Congressional hearings the ATF could not make an arrest because no US laws had been broken by the "straw buyers" at the time the weapons were purchased.
Tray

New Albany, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>The guns were bought legally. Agent Brian Terry is the only known dead with a gun traced back to F&F. According to testimony given in Congressional hearings the ATF could not make an arrest because no US laws had been broken by the "straw buyers" at the time the weapons were purchased.
Oh course Holder hiding the records of the operation and Obama protecting him with "executive privilege" was very helpful.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>The guns were bought legally. Agent Brian Terry is the only known dead with a gun traced back to F&F. According to testimony given in Congressional hearings the ATF could not make an arrest because no US laws had been broken by the "straw buyers" at the time the weapons were purchased.
Doesn't appear the ATF has been very convincing in there replys to Congress. In fact, they did have an opportunity to arrest them in Nov 2010.

http://oversight.house.gov/release/issa-grass...

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Good morning, Marauder. How are the temps up there?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
Good morning, Marauder. How are the temps up there?
48 below zero at the Yukon River Bridge...

40 below in Fairbanks

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
48 below zero at the Yukon River Bridge...
40 below in Fairbanks
Ouch, Iíve been in Atlanta the past couple of days grumbling about temps in the 30ís. Iíll be back in Florida around 8 tonight, high today 75.

I can't imagine your frigid temps.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch, Iíve been in Atlanta the past couple of days grumbling about temps in the 30ís. Iíll be back in Florida around 8 tonight, high today 75.
I can't imagine your frigid temps.
Put some in a box and mail it...lol

It felt worse a few days ago...it was only 20 below...but we had winds up to 23 mph...took the wind chill to 51 below zero...cuts right thru you.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of being a dupe of the gun industry do you not understand?
The percent of people who hunt is the smallest in American history.
If not for the gun industry's success at CREATING FEAR, they would have no way to sell more guns.
Therefore, they keep you doped up with lies.
Sure ,that makes sense. Did the gun industry pay all the people in the most violent cities in the US to go around shooting the crap out of each other, too?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
Editorial: Was Fast And Furious A Gun-Control Plot?

"Scandal: Rather than a botched attempt to catch criminals, was the ATF program actually an attempt to advance gun-control efforts by an administration that has blamed Mexican violence on easy access to U.S. weapons?

If "Operation Fast and Furious" was merely a botched attempt at law enforcement, why was a supervisor of the operation, David Voth, "jovial, if not, not giddy but just delighted about" marked guns showing up at crime scenes in Mexico, as career Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent John Dodson told Rep. Darrell Issa's House Oversight Committee?

Perhaps because all was going as planned until it was learned that two of the AK-47s recovered at the scene of the fatal shooting of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry in December were bought in ATF's Operation Fast and Furious. That wasn't supposed to happen.

"Allowing loads of weapons that we knew to be destined for criminals ó this was the plan," Dodson testified to the panel. "It was so mandated."

ATF agent Olindo James Casa said that "on several occasions I personally requested to interdict or seize firearms, but I was always ordered to stand down and not to seize the firearms."

Yet, as we've noted, gun-tracking operations stopped at the border. That seems odd if the purpose was to catch gun traffickers and their drug-lord bosses. It makes sense, however, if the real purpose was to perpetuate, in the interests of pursuing the administration's gun-control agenda, what Bob Owens of Pajamas Media calls the "90% lie."

Unwilling to guarantee a secure southern border, and as part of a campaign to reinstate an expired assault weapons ban, the administration has charged that much of Mexico's gun violence is our fault. Both governments have pushed the myth that 90% of weapons confiscated by Mexican authorities originate in the U.S."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0622 ...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>One Agent. Not Agents. And his lost was not in vain. Boarder Agents are now trained NOT to attack an armed gang with a bean bag.
The liberal media would have said job well done.

When Uriel Patino walked into a Glendale, Ariz., gun store last August and placed an order for 20 handguns, federal gun agents already knew the 25-year-old man as the most prolific figure in a trafficking ring that was supplying hundreds of guns to Mexico's brutal Sinoloa drug cartel, according to federal court documents and congressional investigators.

In the prior 10 months, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives traced 673 area gun purchases to the Phoenix resident, congressional investigators found.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
When Uriel Patino walked into a Glendale, Ariz., gun store last August and placed an order for 20 handguns, federal gun agents already knew the 25-year-old man as the most prolific figure in a trafficking ring that was supplying hundreds of guns to Mexico's brutal Sinoloa drug cartel, according to federal court documents and congressional investigators.
In the prior 10 months, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives traced 673 area gun purchases to the Phoenix resident, congressional investigators found.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washingto...
In an interview last November, Zapata's family told CBS News they feel that U.S. law enforcement could have stopped the sale of a gun used to kill their son. CBS News obtained law enforcement records that show the gun that killed Zapata came from the U.S., and the suspects who allegedly trafficked it had been under law enforcement's watch for months in Dallas but weren't arrested.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-5745727...

Prosecutors recently sentenced a Texas man, Manuel Barba, for trafficking a weapon connected to the murder of Immigration and Customs (ICE) Agent Jaime Zapata. Nobody was more astonished to learn of the case than Zapata's parents, who didn't know that Barba had been arrested or linked to their son's murder.

"The family was obviously surprised to learn that there was a case involving a weapon linked to the Zapata incident," attorney Trey Martinez told CBS News. Martinez represents Zapata's parents and the surviving ICE agent in the assault, Victor Avila. "They were surprised they had never been contacted in the capacity as victims so they could give a response or some kind of reaction at the time of sentencing."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-5738308...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And when you misrepresent numbers, YOU become worthless.
Fortunate that I can back mine up with real sources.

And do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Editorial: Was Fast And Furious A Gun-Control Plot?
Operation Wide REceiver: I guess the plot goes back to George Bush.

Just imagine if only background checks had been required of all firearms at all gun shows.

Wipe your chin, donglicker, and move over a few steps so they can mop up the puddle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the liberal media is good enough for your to copy & spam their text, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wipe your chin, donglicker.

I'm sure you want to tighten up those background checks.

No one should be allowed to purchase more than one handgun a month, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
Perhaps because all was going as planned until it was learned that two of the AK-47s recovered at the scene of the fatal shooting of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry
Find that weapon that was used to kill agent Terry yet, donglicker?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunate that I can back mine up with real sources.
And do.
ROTFLMAO...BS!
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

wowed wrote:
<quoted text>
Machine guns are usually too bulky and eat too much ammo. Modern firearms are the way to go. Technology now allows us to print guns on a 3-D printer, how ya going to track that?
How many people in the USA are killed with hammers and clubs? Answer, more than with rifles.
How many deaths are the result of alcohol as opposed to gun deaths in America? Answer 100 to 1 with alcohol related deaths far outreaching gun deaths.
How many countries in past history have had a vast number of its civillians murdered? Answer, all of the ones that banned guns.
Evidently you cannot see the facts in front of you. Tell me, have you drank any strange kool aid lately, something is wrong with you, you have no understanding of truth any more. Maybe someone has put a voodoo spell on you, seek help immediately before its too late.
The loony toons world of a simpleton ... print guns? Too bad you can't print a functional brain - moron!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••