Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1663 Jan 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another white guy... not a burglar, I guess...
What does race have to do with it? Or are you one of those "when in doubt play the race card" people?

Cancer patient detains home invaders, MLive.com , Michigan,
63-year-old cancer patient Dixon Smith was at home in Laketon Township, Mich. when a pair of burglars broke into his house. Smith spotted one of the criminals walking by his front window, and then heard the burglars talking downstairs. After retrieving a shotgun, Smith confronted the intruders, ordering them to the ground. The burglars complied, and Smith held the pair until police could arrive. According to Smith, the police response took “Kind of a long five to 10 minutes.”

Salt Lake City, UT

#1664 Jan 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's okay when you compare Democrats to the KKK, eh?
What do you suppose is the rate of gun ownership in the KKK?
How many are members of the NRA?
I have never compared the KKK to any group (unlike you). I don't know about your other two questions.

Salt Lake City, UT

#1665 Jan 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The assault weapon used in Sandy Hook belonged to the killer's mom.
Anything else, dear?
We know it was in all of the papers that he stole the firearms from his mother. But you surmised that had the last ban been in force Sandy Hook would not have happened. I reminded you of the fact that the Columbine massacre happened during the great ban of 1994. The gun bans don't even slow down killers.

Must you duck, dodge and swirl instead of staying on track? I must take the time to congratulate you, I haven't seen a 3rd grade tirade from you in a few days.
Tray

Etta, MS

#1666 Jan 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
https://docs.google.com/docume nt/d/12sWYN6XHsuYe-dNDdToOJ2pN IwEpLQOMzGB3AyhtsfE/edit?pli=1
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#1667 Jan 18, 2013
wowed wrote:
<quoted text>
It was pathetic to see Holder sitting on the panel with Biden to discuss gun control. What a bunch of hypocrites.
----

This is much worse than being hypocritical...these people are Traitors and a Danger to Our society - these are the enemies within Our Founders warned US about.

Gun-Rights Advocates from at least 47 states are participating. All rallies begin January 19 at 12 p.m. local time:

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/47-states-revolt-a...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1668 Jan 18, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>
What does race have to do with it?
I guess it's okay when the gun gnutters insist race has something to do with it.

Funny how you have yet to object.

Location hidden

#1669 Jan 18, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>I have never compared the KKK to any group (unlike you).
I guess you are really shy when it comes time for you to voice objections.

Location hidden

#1670 Jan 18, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>We know it was in all of the papers that he stole the firearms from his mother.
You know nothing of the kind.

His mother gave him permission to use these weapons certainly; she took him to the range and certainly he used them with her permission.

What proof do you have that he stole anything?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1671 Jan 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Assault rifles have been illegal for a long time- some seventy years.
Do try to keep up with your propaganda.
Lying, "frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1672 Jan 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If there had still been a ban: there would have been no Sandy Hook.
BS!
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1673 Jan 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I guess it's okay when you compare Democrats to the KKK, eh?"

"Compare!"...hell, they started it!!!!
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1674 Jan 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
His mother gave him permission to use these weapons certainly; she took him to the range and certainly he used them with her permission.
"His mother gave him permission to use these weapons certainly; she took him to the range and certainly he used them with her permission."

At the range...under supervision...have anything that says otherwise...?

"What proof do you have that he stole anything?"

27 dead people...the first being his mother with 4 bullets to the head. But I'm sure you'll say she gave him permission to murder her.
1 post removed
yawn

Huntsville, AL

#1676 Jan 19, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying, "frustrated control freak".
there is that irrational spam from some nut trying to force guns into all aspects of civil society

Salt Lake City, UT

#1677 Jan 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's okay when the gun gnutters insist race has something to do with it.
Funny how you have yet to object.
I have only seen few people dragging race into the issue, both sides of the issue. If race has something to do with an issue it has something to do with it. You brought up race where it didn't matter. When the race card is played it is normally an attempt to put a person on the defensive. Why object to something that doesn't pertain? You assume I am white.

Salt Lake City, UT

#1678 Jan 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are really shy when it comes time for you to voice objections.
Object to what? You made the statement "I guess it's okay when you compare Democrats to the KKK, eh?."

I stated the fact that I had never compared the KKK to any group. Voice my objections to what?

It seems we are back to that reading comprehension problem you appear to have. Perhaps it is selective retention? Maybe this will help http://www.understandmore.com/i-adults.htm

Salt Lake City, UT

#1679 Jan 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been down this road and your theories and summations was blown out of the water by several people. Both from a legal context and common sense context.

Him having permission to use them previously didn't give him carte blanch access to them. Do you actually think his mother actually gave him permission to use them for murder? Even if she "gave him permission" that very day as soon as he shot her and removed the firearms from the house he stole them. Until an official report is released and vetted one has to use common sense.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#1680 Jan 19, 2013
yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
there is that irrational spam from some nut trying to force guns into all aspects of civil society
Yup...right back in your face...right where I'm going to stay...because I will not allow your lying, BS go unchallenged...like your statement below;

"...trying to force guns into all aspects of civil society."

Lie much...? Can YOU show ANY "aspect of civil society" where guns have NOT been already...?

Salt Lake City, UT

#1681 Jan 19, 2013
yawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn there is that irrational spam from some nut trying to force guns CONTROL laws into all aspects of civil society

The last ban had the Columbine massacre (most notable) right in the middle of it. Chicago, right now with some of the strictest anti gun laws, has a crazy murder count. Guns can not be carried by anyone in Chicago (except LEOs and politicians)- there should be very few gun deaths if a ban worked. Not to mention all of the attacks where firearms were not even used.

I think "frustrated control freak" is a pretty good definition of many (not all) gun control advocates.
little wolf

United States

#1682 Jan 19, 2013
There's going to be litte waco type killings everywhere because people are not going to give up their right to keep and bear arms.They believe the enemies are here and more are coming here every Day.The Muslims sleeper cells are just one type of enemy we will face.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#1683 Jan 19, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that he had his mother's permission to use HER GUNS to shoot her then murder 26 other people? If she did not give him permission to use them, and he did so unlawfully, then YES....he did steal them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,683,404
News The Government Will Almost Certainly Shut Down ... 3 min DR X 14
News With Congress divided, US governemnt heads for ... 8 min Dem sh----le shut... 22
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Drumpf Disaster 52,420
News Midnight government shutdown nears; no accord i... 18 min DR X 10
News Trump: a year since his election, how do voters... 38 min Cat 1,121
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 39 min cpeter1313 17,471
News What will Republicans say to justify condoning ... 1 hr Taletha 27
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 2 hr youll shoot your ... 236
News GOP committee blasts 'Schumer shutdown' as chai... 4 hr Ozzie 36
More from around the web