Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1255 Jan 12, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
Feds powers a limited to numbered fixed powers
thing is: you don't know what you are talking about so it's a waste of eyeballs to go more than a sentence or two.

Far enough for a quick snicker...

Location hidden

#1256 Jan 12, 2013
Erwin Rommel wrote:
<quoted text> What is wrong douchebag? Hit a nerve?
Gosh, you are the one whining and crying.

Why not go ask the lazy fat douchebag you're married to to give you a hug?
Erwin Rommel

East Tawas, MI

#1257 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say the did (or they didn't), spoogebreath.
If you come up for air once in a while- even if you read this thread- you would find out that there are fifty states with fifty legislatures... and many (if not all) are looking at transfer of of deadly weapons.
REquiring background checks on all...
I know, it will make it harder for you felons and mental cases to buy guns.
Not all states are supporting a ban you pathetic piece of sh^t. When is the last time you had sex? When your mother hatched you? That can not be true because your mother did not have any kids that lived.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1258 Jan 12, 2013
Erwin Rommel wrote:
<quoted text> Not all states are supporting a ban you pathetic piece of sh^t. When is the last time you had sex? When your mother hatched you? That can not be true because your mother did not have any kids that lived.
He's an idiot, he forgot that just recently most states opted out of federal sex offender registries because it was costing the states too much money to keep up the registry and the feds weren't paying the big moolah they did back when they thought no one was looking, LOL.

I don't know where people think the feds are going to get any money for registration, much less keeping it up, they're already racing to 20 trillion in the hole already...which is kind of funny, this school shooting is a great distraction from Benghazi and the bad economy, but none of the feds has the money to pay for gun control and the people are already reeling from the looming Obama care taxes coming up the pipeline.
Marauder

Palmer, AK

#1259 Jan 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if there's a billion.
You don't want an abortion, JAGGoff: don't have one.
Then don't tell anyone they can't have one...and quit bellyaching about the doctors and clinics that provide them...

Dang you're a "frustrated control freak"

Location hidden

#1260 Jan 12, 2013
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Feds powers a limited to numbered fixed powers, the rest of the powers belong to the people.
The US Congress has the power to regulate firearms, darling, I hate to be the one to break it to you.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1261 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The US Congress has the power to regulate firearms, darling, I hate to be the one to break it to you.
You sound like a Prius driving lesbian! Yes congress does have the power but do not have the money to enforce any regulations, just like each state can accept a 'sportrifle ban' or not. I would not hold my breath on ALL the states honoring such a dumb and unenforcable law. All this will do is, like it already has, drive the value of collections thru the roof. So i thank idiots like you and spocko to put up such loosing battles and making my guns worth ALOT more. Hats off to Rommel the desert fox and Downhill for trying to deal rationaly with such gundumb and dim individuals.
1 post removed
Erwin Rommel

East Tawas, MI

#1263 Jan 13, 2013
Bleeding hearts just do not understand that we will keep our firearms, may have to jump thru new hoops for new purchases but, after the new laws are passed and the next fruitcake goes on a people killing spree, we get to say, told you that would not work. And yes i love the fact that something i paid 1000$ for is now worth 2500 and climbing everyday......
3 posts removed
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1267 Jan 13, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really trust the government That Much to not think they won't?
Democrats have Always been the ones to "Restrict".
Look at another angle, 16 TRILLION and climbing. If you do have a job, notice the extra 5%+ for Taxes???And i'll wager your not in that 400K+ group of wage earners who You thought were the ones going to "payup" Haa Haa
The deception and the stupidity that falls for it, is amazing.
You do realize that probably close to half of what the middle class was 6 years ago is gone,right?
Since 2007-10 there have been 2.36 Million foreclosures,3.48 Million default notices filed and 3.46 million scheduled foreclosure auctions. That was 2 years ago. In 2011 2.7 Million foreclousures were reported along with 1.89 Million with default notices and scheduled foreclousures. 2012, somebody else can search it, I've made my point. The trend is continuing.
Oh and don't forget to add in the Millions who don't own a house but got smacked down when their investments took a shit or lost their jobs.....or about ready too.
A new trend is starting now to go along with that, higher taxes for everyone. As fast as it's happening,you bet the Gov't wants to disarm the people. Easier to control the millions more people who will wake up and find nothing left.
Just look at how it's being justifyed.
A brain damaged retard get ahold of his Mom's completely legal guns and kills children.
Now the NRA and it's pro gun argument looks bad because a law abiding gunowner's gun did it. They must be stopped!!
They can't say because most gun violence is from ghetto thugbanging criminals,, justify's harsher gun restrictions on those who DO abide by the law. For one,,,it would favor the pro-gun argument of allowing guns for self defense, invalidating the reasons to take them away.
A tyrannical gov't doesn't want the people to have guns, It's too big a threat to them,,,wait and see.
Of course, wait and see.

After all that blubbering of "Obama's going to take all the guns away".

Where's your proof?

All you have is teabagger rumor, opinion and conjecture and not even a basic understanding of how the government works.

There isn't any way Obama without the help of 2/3 of the states, can repeal the 2nd amendment

Just like teabaggers had "proof"in 2008.

www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2008/bara... 's...- Cached

Then again before this election.

www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/09/nra-claims... ...- Cached

Where has Obama infringed on the 2nd amendment?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#1268 Jan 13, 2013
Armed people are free. No state can control those who have the machinery and the will to resist, no mob can take their liberty and property. And no 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out … People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically right. Guns ended that, and a social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work.
– L. Neil Smith (from The Probability Broach)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#1269 Jan 13, 2013
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

Location hidden

#1270 Jan 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.– James Madison
James Madison did not allow the slaves he owned to be armed.

Makes him a liar.

Location hidden

#1271 Jan 13, 2013
American Lady wrote:
And no 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman
Happens all the time.

And it is the 220 thug who is married to the 110 woman who has the iron.

Over one thousand women are killed every year by their thug of a husband or boyfriend.

Every year.

Like this:
Police say Peter Jones killed his wife before fatally shooting himself at their Canarsie home. A neighbor says Elsie Jones recently asked hubby for a divorce.

A married Brooklyn couple who had been arguing for weeks were found dead Friday in an apparent murder-suicide.

Peter Jones, 53, shot his wife, Elsie Jones, 38, and then likely turned the gun on himself in the living room of their four-story townhouse on St. Jude Place, police said.

It was unclear when the violence erupted in Canarsie, but stunned friends and neighbors said the couple, who leave behind an 8-year-old son, had not been seen since Wednesday.

“She had asked him for a divorce. I think they went to counseling,” neighbor Maria Moses, 43, said.“He shot her in the head and then shot himself in the head. It’s really scary. I couldn’t sleep last night when I realized they were missing.”
panetoo

Celina, OH

#1272 Jan 13, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>As in Europe where guns are not to be found, driving like an idiot is dealt with harshly. We don't care about people who die from guns and auto accidents that we don't know, we only care about our individual rats, NOT about our neighbor.
Once again an uninformed voter and lib who thinks law abiding citizens should be punished for what some crazy people do. Aren't the people being punished enough with outrageous taxes, regulations, and freedom destroying exe orders?
xando

Phoenix, AZ

#1273 Jan 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
James Madison did not allow the slaves he owned to be armed.
Makes him a liar.
No, his slaves were considered 3/5 of a citizen and as a result did not have full rights.
But why would someone with a Nazi war criminal in their avatar care?

Location hidden

#1274 Jan 13, 2013
xando wrote:
<quoted text>No, his slaves were considered 3/5 of a citizen
Slaves.
1 post removed
Facts Matter

Anderson, IN

#1276 Jan 13, 2013
Why let facts get in the way of a good emotional response to a mass shooting.

Guns don't assault, people do. Where's the legislation dealing with that? There are many guns that are classified as semi-automatic, including hand guns. No gun has ever assaulted anyone without human intervention.

FBI stats show that more people are killed by hammers than rifles. Where's the background check regulation to buy hammers? Gun violence is concentrated in urban center with over 250K people.

Gunless England has more violent crimes per 100K people than the gun toting US, yet its gun control is held up as an example of an enlightened society.

History teaches us that a disarming of a society is the last hurdle for tyranny to hurdle before becoming the nightmare that it is.

Watch this 20/20 report.

Location hidden

#1277 Jan 13, 2013
Facts Matter wrote:
Why let facts get in the way of a good emotional response to a mass shooting.
Guns don't assault, people do.
You know... when cops give out speeding tickets, they don't give them to the cars.

Similarly... though I could be wrong... I do not think any firearm in the history of USA has ever been arrested...

There are any number of items that Americans are not allowed to possess... many thousands... and even if you limited to firearms, there are firearms (and other weapons) that Americans are not allowed to possess.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

Location hidden

#1278 Jan 13, 2013
Facts Matter wrote:
FBI stats show that more people are killed by hammers than rifles.
Show us those stats, since you say you have them.

Location hidden

#1279 Jan 13, 2013
Facts Matter wrote:
History teaches us that a disarming of a society is the last hurdle for tyranny to hurdle before becoming the nightmare that it is.
Actually, that is a load of [email protected]

Putting aside passing laws to keep gun gnutters from owning assault weapons and carrying them into public spaces is hardly "disarming society".

Americans are fed up with your demanding of special rights- your screeching that having access to assault weapons that can kill dozens within a few minutes, as happened in Sandy Hook, makes for a safer Union.

You brought us Sandy Hook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,620,620
News Race and Beyond: Let's Talk About Race and Poverty (Oct '12) 2 min Classic rocker 209
News Barack Obama 4 min Retribution 71
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Jim-ca 37,136
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 10 min Frankie Rizzo 13,144
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 min cpeter1313 318,379
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 49 min LIbEralS 37,494
More from around the web