Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

Marauder

Palmer, AK

#510 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
AH! There's the problem...
Yeah...other people that can read and comprehend and don't have to depend on the liberal media or people like you...I can see where that would be a problem for you.
swxxxt

Ellwood City, PA

#511 Jan 2, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Its a serious issue only when a shooting of certain type happens? otherwise Gun Control isnt that big of a issue

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#512 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, 500 people killed with guns in one city.
What they need obviously is more guns...
In the right hands that would probably help. But right now only the criminals and politicians (I know it is hard to tell them apart) can carry.

I know you have been asked this before and haven't answered it yet, but we'll try again. Where is a criminal most likely to commit a crime using a dangerous weapon, a "gun free zone" or a place where there is a good chance someone can hasten a thug's demise?
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#513 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The gun knobbers think nothing has changed since someone took one of their tiny-dicked toys into a elementary school in Sandy Hook and shot yet another 27 people, including 20 children.
They are wrong.
Why is it the ones always wanting to infringe on rights are the ones it does not apply to? Those who don't carry want those who do banned. Typical is the government wanting to change a right that protects us from the government. Isn't that like having a rapist wanting to make rape legal? I'm sure if given the chance criminals would want to ban police and prisons. The anti-gun people screamed to ban guns on school property, that removal of a right was going to stop killing in schools. But as usual it has been proven to be a lie. The shock of a school shooting will wear off and common sense will return and as usual the idea of an inanimate object causing crime will die down.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#514 Jan 2, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
That had nothing to do with the question...the so called "gun show loophole" that doesn't exist.
I didn't say gun show loop hole.

And the gun show loop hole does of course exist.

In some states... others were wise enough to close it.

Location hidden

#515 Jan 2, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...other people that can read and comprehend
That wouldn't be you, darling.

Start with the gun show loop hole.

Location hidden

#516 Jan 2, 2013
swxxxt wrote:
otherwise Gun Control isnt that big of a issue
It's not gun control that is the problem.

It is the lack of gun control that is the problem.

Location hidden

#517 Jan 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Why is it the ones always wanting to infringe on rights
Why is it that the gun gnutters want special rights and cry when Americans don't listen when they have to blame video games for the massacres like Sandy Hook?

Location hidden

#518 Jan 2, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>In the right hands that would probably help. But right now only the criminals and politicians (I know it is hard to tell them apart) can carry.
That is a lie on its face.

There are in the neighborhood of 8 million concealed carry permits out there.

Lies: Something we can expect from gun gnutters.

Location hidden

#519 Jan 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
Typical is the government wanting to change a right that protects us from the government.
Typical fallacious gun gnutter reasoning.

Now waiting for you to bring in Lassie and Timmy and how he fell down into the well.

Or was he pushed?

There are 27 dead in Sandy Hook and the NRA put the weapon in the killer's hands.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#520 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that the gun gnutters want special rights and cry when Americans don't listen when they have to blame video games for the massacres like Sandy Hook?
How is exercising the basic right to self defense a special right? How is blaming the millions of law abiding citizens for the actions of a few criminals logical? How does my right to self defense infringe on your rights in any way? A killer went into a self defense infringed zone and killed. That is a fact but to blame anything but him is foolish. He holds the blame not what he watched on TV, or game he played, or what tool he used to commit his crimes. As usual you dodge the real questions or posts and just release hot air.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#521 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical fallacious gun gnutter reasoning.
Now waiting for you to bring in Lassie and Timmy and how he fell down into the well.
Or was he pushed?
There are 27 dead in Sandy Hook and the NRA put the weapon in the killer's hands.
Liar liar. The NRA didn't write the constitution or issue basic human rights. The anti self defense crowd (YOU) killed those kids by making it an easy target for any random act of violence.(YOU) make it easy for harm to come to those who can't fight back.

Location hidden

#522 Jan 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> How is exercising the basic right to self defense a special right?
How is carrying an assault weapon into a public school a basic right?

Location hidden

#523 Jan 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Liar liar. The NRA didn't write the constitution
It obvious you are the liar, honey.

The NRA doesn't have a clue what the first amendment is.

It hasn't stopped them from insisting they do.

Location hidden

#524 Jan 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
How does my right to self defense infringe on your rights in any way?
How does me insisting on background checks so I can stop you from selling your guns to felons infringe on your "rights" in any way?

Do check with the US Constitution.

Location hidden

#525 Jan 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
The anti self defense crowd (YOU) killed those
The pro-killing kids crowd- you- put this automatic weapon in the killer's hands.

In real life, Sweetie.

What's next? Flamethrowers?

Location hidden

#526 Jan 2, 2013
Tray wrote:
As usual you dodge the real questions or posts and just release hot air.
I'm not the one rolling around on the floor insisting I have a right to carry assault weapons into public schools.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#527 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pro-killing kids crowd- you- put this automatic weapon in the killer's hands.
In real life, Sweetie.
What's next? Flamethrowers?
Said the pro-molesting-kids chapter president- YOU
Matter of FACT

United States

#528 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The gun knobbers think nothing has changed since someone took one of their tiny-dicked toys into a elementary school in Sandy Hook and shot yet another 27 people, including 20 children.
They are wrong.
The largest mass murders are commited with fire, poisen, explosives, box cutters, and tanks.

Guns are used but very ineffective. If there is a large number of people in a targeted location the only way to attempt to protect them is with barriers and armed guards.

Look at any Federal Reserve Building. The windows are protected with bullet resistant film from 3M, there are a perimeter of posts to protect against vehicles, there is no parking near the building, all entries are secured OR guarded by armed guards, everyone must enter using an access card, every entrance is double doors so if one is breached there is another keeping an intruder out.

None of this is rocket scientist stuff, it just needs to be implemented in schools.

Note the following info on the new Sandy Hook school. Outdoor sidewalks and entry door WILL BE MONITORED:

http://newtown.sandyhook.schooldesk.net/LinkC...

I.E. they are stepping up security at the school.

Location hidden

#529 Jan 2, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Said the pro-molesting-kids chapter president- YOU
Not a tea bagger, sorry, check at tea party headquarters, show them your ankle bracelet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Horn Dog 220,650
News Teresi Speaks Out Against Proposed Cut In CDBG ... 33 min Cant sleep 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min Brad 1,508,813
News North Korea blasts Trump for being too much lik... 52 min jonjedi 61
News Trump to GOP: Pass health care bill or seal you... 57 min jonjedi 124
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 59 min jonjedi 7,431
News Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on amm... 1 hr late 70s early 80s 10
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr AMERICAN SUNSHINE 261,980
News Trump Transition Team Communications Incidental... 5 hr Ms Sassy 41
News Comey: FBI probing links between Russia, Trump ... 6 hr jonjedi 382
News Ivanka Trump: A White House force, just not an ... 7 hr jonjedi 105
More from around the web