Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#463 Jan 1, 2013
duzitreallymatter wrote:
Gee, just about everybody links their information.
Gee, you don't.

And you whine and cry and say I don't.

I would say the concern people have for passing legislation exerting more control over guns is the 32,000 people that end up dead every year from holes in their bodies made by firearms.

Not just because that they want to torture tiny-dicked persons such as yourself... though that may be a guilty pleasure.

Location hidden

#464 Jan 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The nonpartisan Bay Area Center for Voting Research (BACVR) lists Detroit as the most liberal city in the US
So we can discount anything that they say.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#465 Jan 1, 2013
The average maximum sentence length for murder was 20 years and 11 months.
The average maximum time served was 9 years and 2 months - 44 percent of the actual sentence.
Twenty-nine percent of parole discharges returned to prison were reincarcerated for murder.

*U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#466 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
We already have you but you don't seem to be able to notice. You are like a fly with his wings pulled off, you can't fly but you don't have the brains to know it. The rest of us enjoy poking you and watching you try.

Location hidden

#467 Jan 1, 2013
Tray wrote:
The average maximum sentence length for murder was 20 years and 11 months.
Yes, and I hear Pluto is no longer considered a planet.

Location hidden

#468 Jan 1, 2013
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#469 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and I hear Pluto is no longer considered a planet.
Criminals killed by their armed victims never reoffend.

Location hidden

#470 Jan 1, 2013
Tray wrote:
You are like a fly with his wings pulled off,.
Wipe your chin, sonny, you are a frightful mess!

Location hidden

#471 Jan 1, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Criminals killed by their armed victims never reoffend.
Children who play with their daddy's gun spray their brains all over the bed spread.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#472 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you don't.
I would say the concern people have for passing legislation exerting more control over guns is the 32,000 people that end up dead every year from holes in their bodies made by firearms.
Not just because that they want to torture tiny-dicked persons such as yourself... though that may be a guilty pleasure.
What in heavens name is your infatuation with tiny dicks? It is becoming alarming. We could refer you to people that can help you. And we won't tell a soul!

You need to improve your reading comprehension. If it hard for you to read click on the blue things. Many times the links have charts which are like pictures. These might help you a great deal.

A link I provided, especially for you, separated gun deaths by thug vs. thug, suicides, self defense, police action, accidental, etc. Your horrifying picture becomes a bit clearer as not being the gloom and doom you want it to be.

Are any deaths a good thing? NO. Thugs killing thugs are a wash to most people. Suicides are self inflicted and Japans statistics show, Japan 23.8 (no guns) vs. US 12.0) LINK ALERT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie... LINK ALERT. Self defense can be stopped by thugs not having criminal activity as a job profession. Police action shootings revert back to thugs changing their career path. Accidental, well you can't cure stupid. They kill themselves everyday driving stupid, stupid work habits, stupid drinking habits, stupid electrical work while standing on an aluminum ladder in water, ad nauseum. Over 50% of your 32,000 are suicides (refer back to the Japan rates for a comparison).

LINK ALERT http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/unit... LINK ALERT
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#473 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wipe your chin, sonny, you are a frightful mess!
POKE POKE POKE Hee Hee Hee
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#474 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Children who play with their daddy's gun spray their brains all over the bed spread.
http://www.examiner.com/articl e/15-year-old-boy-uses-his-fat her-s-gun-to-stop-2-home-invad ers
downhill246

Taylor, TX

#475 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

You are easy.

Location hidden

#476 Jan 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are easy.
You are cheap.

$2.

Wipe your chin, Sweetie, you are a frightful mess.

Location hidden

#477 Jan 1, 2013
Tray wrote:
BY ROBERT ZULLO
Richmond Times-Dispatch

A King and Queen County couple is dead following an apparent murder-suicide Saturday night at their home near West Point, police said.

Chief Deputy W.R. Balderson of the King and Queen County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were called to the house in the 1100-block of Elsom Mascot Road about 9:15 p.m. by a “third party” he would not identify.
Advertisement

They found 48-year-old Robin Stout and her husband, Thomas Stout, 42, dead of gunshot wounds.

Balderson said a preliminary investigation indicates Thomas Stout shot his wife with a handgun before killing himself. The couple’s 12-year-old daughter was not home at the time.

Asked if there was any history of domestic problems, Balderson said there “have been a couple of calls out to that residence over the past couple of years,” though he said police were not releasing details.

However, he added that Quin Rivers Inc., a Virginia-based nonprofit serving Caroline, Charles City, Hanover, King and Queen, King George, King William, New Kent, Spotsylvania, Stafford counties and the city of Fredericksburg, operates a domestic-abuse program called Project Hope. The hotline is 877-966-4357.
(clip)
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#478 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you don't.
Nah...it's their hoplophobia...but it can be treated;

http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/library/hop...

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/hoplophobi...

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/hoplophobi...

Oh...did you see those blue letters above...?...those are called "links"...clicking on a "link" will take you to information, preferably of a credible source, that will either support, defend or clarify previously provided information.

Hope you enjoy...seems you could better yourself by trying one of these to get over your "irrational" fear.

Location hidden

#479 Jan 1, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...it's their hoplophobia...but it can be treated;.
The treatment comes in January when the fiscal cliff is behind us and legislation is introduced which will end the sales of these tiny-dicked deadly toys to persons like yourself who should not be allowed access to slingshots let alone deadly weapons, especially assault weapons that have no place in our society.

tick tock.

Location hidden

#480 Jan 1, 2013
Marauder wrote:
Oh...did you see those blue letters above...?...those are called "links"...
Here's a link to flying saucers:

http://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/

They are reported daily... it seems... and just as credible as your links.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#481 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The treatment comes in January when the fiscal cliff is behind us and legislation is introduced which will end the sales of these tiny-dicked deadly toys to persons like yourself who should not be allowed access to slingshots let alone deadly weapons, especially assault weapons that have no place in our society.
tick tock.
So says one of the little sheep. Of course when we do the things that you support, it's ok then for us to have access to those "deadly weapons".

"...legislation is introduced which will end the sales of these tiny-dicked deadly toys to persons like yourself..."

Getting legislation "introduced" is one thing...getting it passed is another. BTW...what are "tiny-dicked deadly toys"...? Is that something you played with as a kid...? Did you play with the "tiny dick" or the "deadly toy"...? Was it a G.I. Joe...?

So what do you think the plans will be for those already owned by "persons like yourself"...that you can't control...?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#482 Jan 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link to flying saucers:
http://www.ufosightingsdaily.com/
They are reported daily... it seems... and just as credible as your links.
Cool...I'll have to get somemore tinfoil to put on the ceilings in the house. I want it to look just like yours and protect me from the UFO's. Thank you so much for your link.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MSNBC host has perfectly logical reason for not... 3 min VoteForPeace 9
News 'We will be the last mass shooting': Florida st... 3 min Ted Haggard s Mas... 11
News Russian election meddling 'incontrovertible,' T... 3 min Used to be a demo... 20
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Riverside Rednek 59,124
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,703,840
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min unborn lives matter 330,011
News Russian election plot touched even minor Donald... 7 min Cordwainer Trout 9
News Dem Sen Nelson: 'Let's Get These Assault Weapon... 28 min TRUMP 45 122
More from around the web