Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of G...

Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage

There are 3875 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 15, 2014, titled Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage. In it, EDGE reports that:

For foes of same-sex marriage, their losing streak keeps growing. Some sense a lost cause, others vow to fight on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3490 Aug 7, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie, I have tried to discuss polygamy with you, as usual you resort to nonsense.
You said you don't care abut polygamy you just oppose it to piss me off. Which is the lie? Do you suddenly care?

You're just looking for an angle. Your goal is to troll me. Not keep poly illegal.

When we cut through all your silly bullsh!t. we find that I support marriage equality and you don't. That's the bottom line.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#3491 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Divorce is very rare in polygamy. Much lower than in monogamy. Polygamy requires a lot of trust and respect. Polygamy leads to stable families. Two or more moms or dads are better than one.
World wide polygamy? If it just the US, divorce among polygamist is nonexistent. Why you ask, polygamy is illegal

As I told you yesterday, Kody Brown's children all say they have one mother, the other wives are looked upon as aunts.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3492 Aug 7, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "I have NO ARGUMENT AGAINST POLYGAMY" are you not understanding???
And, YES! I DO want a detailed plan to cover every detail of the legal complexities of polygamy! YOU'RE the one that wants my support so desperately. That means that YOU'RE the one that has to convince me that you're not just talking out of your ass.
If you have a proposal, present it. If you don't, quit wasting everyone's time.
The part where you're angry with me for supporting polygamy when you support it too.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#3493 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren Jeffs is a criminal. Polygamy is not. If I find a bad man in a same sex marriage will you want to ban SSM? I'm sure I can find one. So what do you say? Are you up for it?
The thing is I don't want to ban SSM just because a criminal is in a SSM. That's your schtick.
Warren Jeffs is not in jail for polygamy, he raped children, that happened to be his spiritual wife
Sheriff Joe

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#3494 Aug 7, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
People have the right to pass laws making certain human behaviors illegal. People passing laws to make certain human behaviors illegal are not bigoted. Judges usurping the rights of people are the ones, who are bigoted. It is utterly insane for a nation to allow a few radicals within one and one half percent of the population to redefine morality and force their depraved behavior on the children of new generations.
You make very good points. I don't think any "right" should be attached to a behavior, especially a sexually perverted one. For this reason the whole notion of "I was born this way" is being pushed on us. I'm still awaiting the photos of the "gay" gene.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#3495 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no "version" of polygamy. That is the point. People decide among themselves what 'version" of a marriage they choose. The state supports that for you, it should support it for polygamists too.
In your version of polygamy, the husband of wives 1-4 wishes to add wife five, three out of four say yes, wife one says no.The man can not marry his intended new bride., Doesn't that violate his right to as many wives as he see's fit?

Can the man marry his new chosen wife, if the others say no?

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#3496 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fraud. Maybe your wife is also married to another man. You really don't know. Separate vacations....hmmmm. Makes one wonder eh?
Why shouldn't bigamy be recognized?How does it harm you?

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#3497 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
We're both saying that polygamy should be allowed. You are just looking for an angle. A "gotcha!" You care little about polygamy by your own admission, remember dummy?
P.S. Why do you call yourself Poof?
Why not bigamy, One husband two consenting wives, that don't know each other. Just as in polygamy the two wives are not married to each other, the common bond is the husband
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3498 Aug 7, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Warren Jeffs is not in jail for polygamy, he raped children, that happened to be his spiritual wife
Exactly! Very good Poofster!

So why do you say he is the reason we should keep polygamy illegal?

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

to live my life

#3499 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you don't care abut polygamy you just oppose it to piss me off. Which is the lie? Do you suddenly care?
You're just looking for an angle. Your goal is to troll me. Not keep poly illegal.
When we cut through all your silly bullsh!t. we find that I support marriage equality and you don't. That's the bottom line.
Frankie, I have tried to discuss polygamy with you, as usual you resort to nonsense. How am I keeping polygamy illegal, I have no say in the matter. I am just trying to discuss marriage equality, why are you shouting me down, censorship, is not a nice thing. Now lets get back on track, When we are talking about Polygamy I assume its on a world wide scale. Could you please give an answer?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3500 Aug 7, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why not bigamy, One husband two consenting wives, that don't know each other. Just as in polygamy the two wives are not married to each other, the common bond is the husband
Because there is no consent. If the wives don't know of each other, that's fraud.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3501 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you worried about it? What business is it of yours what arrangements consenting adults make among themselves? You didn't like it when people told you how to marry, now you do it to others. Classic hypocrite.
Do you get permission from your husband when you bottom for Poof1? That's you and your husbands business.
Why can't you answer the question?

You claim you want to discuss marriage equality, yet here once again you avoid answering a specific question about your magical "polygamy perfected" version of polygamy.

YOU claimed all marriages in your "polygamy perfected" would be consensual adults. So I'm simply asking what happens if wife # 2 does NOT consent to her husband marrying potential wife #4.

Now once again dodge the question and avoid discussing your new & improved version of polygamy...

Tawas City, Michigan

#3502 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy. Here we go again. What don't you understand about consenting adults? Why cannot you accept the arrangements they make among themselves? Why must you have veto power over their family decisions?
You're still avoiding the question.

YOU are claiming your new & improved "polygamy perfected" is only for consenting adults. So I'm asking what happens if wife #2 does NOT consent to her husband marrying wife #4?

Will he not be able to marry wife #4?

It's very telling that you can't answer that simple question.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3503 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they didn't give you their support you found sympathetic a judge who would. Same will happen with polygamy. What's good for the gay goose is good for the poly gander.
Judges are a part of society, and they asked many of the same questions when cases came before them. We answered them to their satisfaction.

If was as easy as you claim, then why haven't any polygamists found a "sympathetic judge" over the past 150+ years??

Tawas City, Michigan

#3504 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us why your husband has veto power for you to marry Poof1.
He doesn't. I can divorce him at any time and marry Poof1- assuming Poof1 consents.

So I've answered your question.

Now see if you can answer mine:

In your new & improved version of "polygamy perfected", does wife # 2 get to veto her husband's decision to marry wife #4 by not giving her consent?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3505 Aug 7, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>In your version of polygamy, the husband of wives 1-4 wishes to add wife five, three out of four say yes, wife one says no.The man can not marry his intended new bride., Doesn't that violate his right to as many wives as he see's fit?
Can the man marry his new chosen wife, if the others say no?
I have no "version" of polygamy. That is the point.

People decide among themselves what "version" of a marriage they choose. The state supports that for you, it should support it for polygamists too.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3506 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Divorce is very rare in polygamy. Much lower than in monogamy. Polygamy requires a lot of trust and respect. Polygamy leads to stable families. Two or more moms or dads are better than one.
Since polygamy is illegal in the US, there is no polygamous divorce because there is no polygamous marriage.

In all other countries where polygamy is legal, the divorce rate is low because the men have all the power and their "wives" are essentially their property. So the only time divorce happens is when one of his "wives" gets too old & fat & ugly and it's time to add young fresh meat to the harem.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3507 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren Jeffs is a criminal. Polygamy is not. If I find a bad man in a same sex marriage will you want to ban SSM? I'm sure I can find one. So what do you say? Are you up for it?
The thing is I don't want to ban SSM just because a criminal is in a SSM. That's your schtick.
Ooops, wrong yet again.

In America polygamy is indeed a crime; especially when underage children are being married off as is typical with polygamy.

Which is why Warren Jeffs is in prison.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3508 Aug 7, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frankie, I have tried to discuss polygamy with you,
Which would be good because at least you are not screaming and whining "Off Topic!" But the problem is you are not discussing anything, you are looking for an angle so you feel you've "won" against the Great Frankie Rizzo.

Like in the old Westerns. A young gun out to kill the old master gun to gain a reputation as a badass. Most of those young whippersnappers are lying dead in the dust but ya never know eh? You might get lucky. You might just find a "gotcha!" Then you can give Sheeple a celebratory pat on the ass.

Polygamy should be allowed.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3509 Aug 7, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fraud. Maybe your wife is also married to another man. You really don't know. Separate vacations....hmmmm. Makes one wonder eh?
How is it fraud?

Bigamy is the state of being legally married to more than one person at a time.

Assuming polygamy is legalized, then how is it fraud to be married to more than one person at a time?

Bigamy is merely the legal term for legalized polygamy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min what 265,193
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 11 min oops 26,088
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 15 min dane jah 88
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min VetnorsGate 1,521,952
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Dr Guru 240,348
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 42 min Retribution 40
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 48 min Retribution 317
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 2 hr Trump your President 314
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 179
More from around the web