Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of G...

Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage

There are 3875 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 15, 2014, titled Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage. In it, EDGE reports that:

For foes of same-sex marriage, their losing streak keeps growing. Some sense a lost cause, others vow to fight on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#3370 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poof once bragged he has a friend who is a mod and does dirty business for the Poof. True? Or bluster? Doesn't matter. He's dishonest and a troll.
He also once posted that he doesn't care about polygamy at all. He just argues against it to piss me off.
Post the link or are you taking poetic license again (lying)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3371 Aug 6, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>What is to stop it ? Why are you against bigamy, seems like its the same thing as polygamy, one man and many wives. What would stop a woman married to a man who has 4 other wives, from marring another man? Why does it have to be the same marriage, the man marries the different women, the old wives don't marry the new wife, just the husband. Clearly you have not thought this out. In the case of Mr Brown and his 4 sister wives, he is married to each woman, the 4 women are not married to each other. So what would stop one of his 4 wives from bringing home a new husband? If she and the new husband consent to marriage, what the other husband and his other 3 wives wish matters not.
Bigamy is generally fraud. Polygamy is consensual. Big difference.

Polygamy is not the same as bigamy. One is the crime defined under cohabitation statutes of living as a plural family or with a person married to another person. The other is the crime of having two or more marriage licenses. The latter has nothing to do with the structure of your family and has almost exclusively involved people who hold themselves out (falsely) as monogamous. The state can prosecute people who obtained more than one marriage license. Bigamy has not been an offense committed by polygamists who traditionally have one official marriage license.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3372 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's bigamy and fraud, there are perfectly good laws against that Poofster.
In polygamy all parties are equal and in the same marriage. And all parties are of course are adults who have consented to their marriage.
Why shouldn't you, Old SniffsButt Bill (aka $3 Bill) and Dummy Dan be allowed to get married?
Awright Poofster. Talk to us tough guy.
The problem is that version of polygamy has never existed.

So you're saying in your version of "polygamy perfected", wife #2 can veto her husband's decision to marry wife # 4? Just how does that work?

Doesn't that violate hubby's right to marry whomever he wants without having to first get approval from his existing wives?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3373 Aug 6, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Post the link or are you taking poetic license again (lying)
No need, not as important to me as it is to you.

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#3374 Aug 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is twisted Sheepie, a result of seeing reality backwards. Do you tell peaceful pot smokers that they are guilty until proven innocent? You get mad when I tell you you do not understand the Constitution and yet here is a good example of what I am talking about.
Polygamists are under no burden to prove anything. Just like pot smokers are under no obligation to prove pot is safe, it may be the most harmful thing on earth but if I want to smoke it it just isn't any of your business. I own my body, you do NOT own my body, and I have a right to do anything I want with my own property, and you have no right to do what you want with my property. Gay marriage may be the end of humanity but if you want to get married no one has any right to tell you no.
I say you see reality backwards, not to be mean but to point out to you that you see reality backwards.
Prove yet again you have zero understanding how the laws which govern our society are passed and how they work.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3375 Aug 6, 2014
Oliver wrote:
involve multiple partners. Finally, an additional problem is that this defense of polygamy reduces marriage to only a sexual relationship...
There must be a forum on polygamy somewhere on the internet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3376 Aug 6, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text> So what would stop one of his 4 wives from bringing home a new husband?
What would stop your wife from bringing home a new husband?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#3377 Aug 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said I could drink Raw Milk, provided I could prove, it does no harm.
If I want to harm myself I have every right to do so. It just isn't any of your business. The fact that you stick your nose into other people's business and prevent them from exercising the rights they were born with from the self ownership of their own life and body, is very unAmerican.
If you want to use heroin, why is that any of my business? If I want to drink raw milk why is that any of your business? If you want to marry a man and I want to marry two women, again, it is our own business.
We need the death penalty for those who can not mind their own business.
Proving yet again you have zero understanding of the American system of jurisprudence.

Btw, I'm pretty sure even in your anarchist world the death penalty would violate my rights.

Proving yet again you're a hypocrite.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3378 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's circular reasoning. Invalid, Bozo.
That's merely your opinion, bozo.

Polygamy remains illegal regardless of whether you believe my logic I round or square or oblong.

That's all that matters.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3379 Aug 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seven Eleven told me [in the gay marriage thread] that if I support gay marriage I am supporting pedophilia because all gays are child molesters. Why should anyone believe him? Why should anyone believe you? Both of you are equally stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =RzVLQTovv_gXX
Child molestation is illegal, regardless of the sexual orientation of the perpetrator. Legalizing marriage between same-sex couples doesn't legalize child molestation.

On the other hand, child marriage is LEGAL in every state, so legalizing polygamy would legalize adults marrying multiple children as young as age 14- depending on the state.

Unless like Frankie, you are proposing the new & improved "polygamy perfected" where only adults are allowed to marry multiple adults.

Though that does raise an equal protection argument if a monogamist can marry a 14 y/o child but a polygamist can't.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3380 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't same sex throuples marry? You won't say. You just dodge and say "because it's illegal". That's illogical, spice trooper. It's circular reasoning.
It's also quite true.

A same sex throuple can't marry because it's illegal.

When you ask a stupid question, you get an appropriately stupid answer.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3381 Aug 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only illegitimate concerns about polygamy, like gay marriage, there are no legitimate concerns.
How do we limit drinking to age 21? How do we limit drivers to 55 MPH on the freeway? How do we limit donuts to cops?
You have a one tract mind when it comes to limiting the freedom of others comrade. That is despicable and no way for a decent human being to behave.
Those are merely your irrational anarchist opinions.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3382 Aug 6, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove yet again you have zero understanding how the laws which govern our society are passed and how they work.
You want him to prove yet again he has zero understanding of how the laws which govern our society are passed and how they work, eh?

Pretty good trick. Prove you have no understanding. How about yourself? Prove to me you have no understanding dingbat. Can't wait. Make it good! Let's hear it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3383 Aug 6, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's merely your opinion, bozo.
Polygamy remains illegal regardless of whether you believe my logic I round or square or oblong.
That's all that matters.
No that's not just my opinion. It's a fact. Insisting polygamy must not be allowed because it is illegal is circular reasoning.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#3384 Aug 6, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we prevent a 60 year old gay man from marrying a 14 year old boy?
Simple- get a state law passed which limits the age a boy can marry to age 18. Problem solved.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3385 Aug 6, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also quite true.
A same sex throuple can't marry because it's illegal.
When you ask a stupid question, you get an appropriately stupid answer.
Yes I always do, from you. I can count on it. Ah good times.

So you are saying polygamy should not be allowed because it's against the law?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#3386 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to stop littering on the highways, Sheeple wants to make driving on the highways illegal. He must, because that's the way he wants to stop child marriage. Ban marriage. But only polygamy mind you.
But 99% of child marriages are monogamous. Banning polygamy does nothing to stop 99% of child marriages. Sheeple doesn't care about that reality. Dammit! Because some polygamists have married children and now all polygamists must be punished!
Sheeple e cares little about child marriage because the best way to stop it would be to ban monogamy and he knows it. Or else he's stupider than I give him credit for.
Nope, as I've stated before, the best way to prevent child marriages is to raise the marriage age in every state to 18.

Once you've done that, I'll reconsider my opposition to legalizing polygamy. Until then, I remain opposed.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3387 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeple's logic on that is that if we allow polygamy that 60 year old gay man can then force marry and legally rape "thousands" of "13 year-olds".
So we should only allow that 60 year old man to marry one 13 year old boy at a time, you see. That's why SSM should be legal and polygamy illegal you see.
So that 60 year old gay man can still marry thousands of 13 year old boys and rape them but ONLY ONE AT A TIME, you see.
Actually, the youngest a boy can marry in the US is age 14, but your basic point is sadly true. Under current state laws, a man or woman can marry and legally rape one child at a time.

Which is why I've repeatedly stated my support for banning anyone from marrying any child under age 18 for any reason- male, female, gay, straight, monogamous, polygamous, etc.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3388 Aug 6, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple- get a state law passed which limits the age a boy can marry to age 18. Problem solved.
But you insist that won't solve child marriage and that we must keep polygamy illegal to stop child marriage. And now you contradict yourself. I don't know why I bother with your dumbass. Fun I guess.

So now you're saying we can just get a state law passed and not have to keep polygamy illegal?

Make up your mind and get back to us 'K? Anxiously awaiting your ridiculous reply.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#3389 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
What would stop your wife from bringing home a new husband?
The current laws against bigamy/polygamy.

She would first have to divorce husband #1 to marry husband #2.

If polygamy is legalized, she can bring home as man new husbands as she wants.

Unless you're saying husband #1 can veto her marriage to husband # 2, but then that kinda violates her newly created right to marry as many men as she wants.

Hmmm, what a conundrum...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democratic states wary as Trump embarks on vict... 5 min Taste2106 20
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 9 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 13,192
News Study: Illegal immigrants having more kids in US (Apr '09) 9 min Lips9271 5,752
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 12 min Xrcb 14,932
Michelle Obama Voted Ugliest First Lady (Mar '09) 13 min Skittlez8773 360
News House prohibits $15-an-hour minimum wage 13 min clay 24
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 253,598
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 28 min Cheech the Conser... 1,460,334
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 48 min taletha roxxx 404,359
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr WasteWater 645
News Michigan recount now in doubt; Pennsylvania set... 1 hr Labia9350 7
More from around the web