Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of G...

Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage

There are 3875 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 15, 2014, titled Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage. In it, EDGE reports that:

For foes of same-sex marriage, their losing streak keeps growing. Some sense a lost cause, others vow to fight on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3250 Aug 6, 2014
eJohn's latest argument against marriage equality is that Frankie is an idiot. Therefore polygamy must stay illegal.

Who is the idiot?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#3251 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
eJohn's latest argument against marriage equality is that Frankie is an idiot. Therefore polygamy must stay illegal.
Who is the idiot?
Still you.

Poof1

“don't tell me how”

Since: May 14

to live my life

#3252 Aug 6, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think the judging, especially of your posts, is probably being under-reported. Lots of people using mobile devices to read Topix can't see the voting buttons and can't vote. So I'm guessing that the people judging your posts are only a small fraction of the ones that think you're an idiot.
Yes a very small fraction
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3253 Aug 6, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Still you.
I have good arguments in favor of legalizing polygamy. You are against it but have no valid arguments why, so you troll me.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3254 Aug 6, 2014
Every adult human being must be free without state, public, eJohn, religious or other forcible interference, to choose the form of heterosexual, homosexual or sexually mixed family life, provided that it does no harm neither to the directly involved parties or to other people.

eJohn says I am an idiot for believing that. eJohn is stupid. eJohn is anti-marriage equality.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3255 Aug 6, 2014
Polygamy, when based on equal rights of all parties involved, leads to more love. A human may finally be free to openly love and /or sexually desire more than one person and be loved by more than one person. This seems to be a much better way, than – like it usually is done in our societies – to practice love and sex with others secretly behind the back of your partner, exactly the person with whom you wanted to have a relationship based on love and trust.

eJohn says I am an idiot for believing that people should be free to choose their family style. eJohn is stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3256 Aug 6, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes a very small fraction
Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3257 Aug 6, 2014
So Poof1, eJohn and Sheeple walk into a bar. The bartender says "Get the hell out of here."

YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3258 Aug 6, 2014
Every person, who wants to be monogamous should be free to do so and this should be supported by the state. Those who want to practice polygamy should also have the freedom to do so, and this should be supported by the state as well.

Marriage is good for society. All marriages, even non gay ones. Yes folks, even polygamy. There are gay polygamists, boys and girls. What about them? Are you against their gay marriage? Of course not! They're gay right?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3259 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation- You have no reason to want polygamy to stay illegal except your bigotry and ignorance.
If you insist something must be illegal, you really should say why. Just sayin'.
I never insisted polygamy must be illegal. I'm simply pointing out polygamy IS illegal, and will likely REMAIN illegal for all the reasons I've repeatedly posted- including the inherent harm to women and children.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3260 Aug 6, 2014
Polygamy requires a high degree of human maturity, as it requires to trust a spouse or a partner, to give freedom, to exercise less control and overcome the fear of loss in case your partner does feel love and sexual desire for other people. This is particularly true in societies where this form of life is new as a recognized form of life, as the entire cultural background (social relations, morals, literature, visual arts, music, etc.) and the whole mentality has for centuries been shaped by the rule of monogamy and is now focused entirely on monogamous relationships and sees love or sexual desire for more than one person as something forbidden, dangerous and shameful.

Why do eJohn, Sheeple and Poof1 see someone's choice of marriage and family life as forbidden, dangerous and shameful?

Tawas City, Michigan

#3261 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have good arguments in favor of legalizing polygamy. You are against it but have no valid arguments why, so you troll me.
And yet polygamy remains illegal. Gee, looks like your "good arguments" are totally ineffective, while we are able to keep polygamy illegal without putting up any argument whatsoever.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3262 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Every adult human being must be free without state, public, eJohn, religious or other forcible interference, to choose the form of heterosexual, homosexual or sexually mixed family life, provided that it does no harm neither to the directly involved parties or to other people.
eJohn says I am an idiot for believing that. eJohn is stupid. eJohn is anti-marriage equality.
The whole "provided that is does no harm" is where your arguments fall short. Which is yet another reason polygamy remains illegal.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3263 Aug 6, 2014
If a woman wants to marry a man with two other wives, it's HER DAMN CHOICE. Not Sheeples, eJohn's, Poof1's.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3264 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy, when based on equal rights of all parties involved, leads to more love. A human may finally be free to openly love and /or sexually desire more than one person and be loved by more than one person. This seems to be a much better way, than – like it usually is done in our societies – to practice love and sex with others secretly behind the back of your partner, exactly the person with whom you wanted to have a relationship based on love and trust.
eJohn says I am an idiot for believing that people should be free to choose their family style. eJohn is stupid.
Again your argument falls apart, because multiple wives DON'T have equal rights; they get partial spousal rights which they must share with the other wives.

Just one example: a monogamous wife has the sole right to determine medical treatment for her incapacitated husband; a polygamous "wife" must share that right with the other "wives".

Ditto for an estate- a monogamous wife has the sole right to inheritance when her husband dies; a polygamous "wife" must share that right with the other "wives".

So polygamous "wives" DON'T have equal rights, but rather shared diminished rights.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3265 Aug 6, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole "provided that is does no harm" is where your arguments fall short. Which is yet another reason polygamy remains illegal.
The burden of proof of harm is on you. This is the USA. This is not Sheepleland where you can make declarations such as you do. Polygamy is no more harmful than monogamy. You cannot simply declare it's more harmful. Prove it or shuddup jackass.

Now tell me about Warren Jeffs. Then I'll find some criminal in a same sex marriage for you. Ban abuse and crime, don't ban marriage.

To stop littering along the highway would you ban driving on the highway? You probably would. Glad it's not Sheepleland.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3266 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Every person, who wants to be monogamous should be free to do so and this should be supported by the state. Those who want to practice polygamy should also have the freedom to do so, and this should be supported by the state as well.
Marriage is good for society. All marriages, even non gay ones. Yes folks, even polygamy. There are gay polygamists, boys and girls. What about them? Are you against their gay marriage? Of course not! They're gay right?
Gay polygamists are treated the same as everyone else.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#3267 Aug 6, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay polygamists are treated the same as everyone else.
Yes. Gay monogamists are treated like everyone else also. Trouble is in many states they can't marry same one of the same sex like they want to.

Tawas City, Michigan

#3268 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy requires a high degree of human maturity, as it requires to trust a spouse or a partner, to give freedom, to exercise less control and overcome the fear of loss in case your partner does feel love and sexual desire for other people. This is particularly true in societies where this form of life is new as a recognized form of life, as the entire cultural background (social relations, morals, literature, visual arts, music, etc.) and the whole mentality has for centuries been shaped by the rule of monogamy and is now focused entirely on monogamous relationships and sees love or sexual desire for more than one person as something forbidden, dangerous and shameful.
Why do eJohn, Sheeple and Poof1 see someone's choice of marriage and family life as forbidden, dangerous and shameful?
Yeah, we see how well that works out for women in children in societies where polygamy has been the norm...

Tawas City, Michigan

#3269 Aug 6, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
If a woman wants to marry a man with two other wives, it's HER DAMN CHOICE. Not Sheeples, eJohn's, Poof1's.
True. But that doesn't mean the state has to recognize such a "marriage".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min President Trump 1,483,623
Time to go? (Jun '15) 3 min Irongrouch 12,982
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 3 min President Donald ... 3,890
News Churchill bust back in Oval Office 3 min Trump your President 126
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Just call me ABE 2 256,727
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Amused 22,174
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 5 min Man Up 64
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 28 min OzRitz 2,075
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 36 min -BoB- 409,759
News Popovich blasts Donald Trump and aides: They're... 42 min Chicagoan by Birth 72
More from around the web