Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of G...

Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage

There are 3875 comments on the EDGE story from Jun 15, 2014, titled Losing Streak Lengthens for Foes of Gay Marriage. In it, EDGE reports that:

For foes of same-sex marriage, their losing streak keeps growing. Some sense a lost cause, others vow to fight on.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2520 Jul 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how do you know it won't work in court, since no one cares enough to take it to court.
I don't think people should have the choice to legally murder or rape either.
Legalizing polygamy won't legalize murder and rape.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2521 Jul 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Where?
Who are all these people you keep claiming are demanding polygamy be legalized?
Did they bring a case to court?
Or lobby their legislators?
Or get an amendment on the state ballot?
Just where are all these people you keep claiming are demanding polygamy be legalized.
Unlike others in his field, Mark Goldfeder, a law professor at Emory University, thinks that the two rulings had significant impact on the future of polygamy in the United States. Goldfeder, who specializes in the intersection of law and religion, says that the courts will need to find other justifications to keep anti-polygamy statutes in place.

"It's one hundred percent likely that these polygamist cases will come, but they will no longer turn on whether a relationship is immoral," Goldfeder says.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2522 Jul 21, 2014
Moral disapproval is not a reason to deny polygamists marriage folks. It used to be back in the 19th Century but you know how those appeals to tradition work as an argument, doncha kiddies?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2523 Jul 21, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
You STUPID FK, no one CARES so STFU ---
Sure, you clowns post angry responses all day long but you don't care. People obviously care, including you dummy. You're screaming for chrissakes! You don't care, my shellback squidly ass.

Ah good times.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#2524 Jul 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wastewater calls it sniveling. You call it whining. What it really is of course is advocating marriage equality. Just like you do. But it's not sniveling or whining when you two clowns do it, eh?
Actually it's your need for attention. It's quite evident Gay Topixs is the only thing you've got going. You've driven any friends you might have, other than your beer bottles, away.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2525 Jul 21, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it's your need for attention. It's quite evident Gay Topixs is the only thing you've got going. You've driven any friends you might have, other than your beer bottles, away.
So now your latest argument is marriage equality should not be allowed because the only thing Frankie has going is gay Topix and he has driven away what friends he may have other than beer bottles. Got it. I will add it to my list, giving you full credit of course.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

El Paso, TX

#2526 Jul 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So now your latest argument is marriage equality should not be allowed because the only thing Frankie has going is gay Topix and he has driven away what friends he may have other than beer bottles. Got it. I will add it to my list, giving you full credit of course.
The truth hurts doesn't it.

This is the only place you can get attention, that's why you spew your spam. And that's all it is, spam.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2527 Jul 21, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the only place you can get attention, that's why you spew your spam. And that's all it is, spam.
MMMMmmm good. Spam and eggs.....

Oops,,,, forgot about the cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2528 Jul 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Moral disapproval is not a reason to deny polygamists marriage folks. It used to be back in the 19th Century but you know how those appeals to tradition work as an argument, doncha kiddies?
Frankie..... Frankie.... Frankie..... There must be a better way to get the attention you need.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2529 Jul 21, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie..... Frankie.... Frankie..... There must be a better way to get the attention you need.
I'll take that as an admission you have no argument against polygamy except hate, ignorance and bigotry.

Advocate SSM= Hero!
Advocate polygamy= needing attention.

I come here for the debate and I beat you badly in that, so now you wanna hurt my feelings.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#2530 Jul 21, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurts you. The truth is you are an ignorant bigot with no argument.

My argument is that moral disapproval is not grounds to deny marriage equality.

And your argument is "Gay Topixs is the only thing you've got going. You've driven any friends you might have, other than your beer bottles, away. Truth hurts"

And Wastewater's argument is the only reason I am here is because I need attention.

We'll leave it to someone honest and objective to decide who's argument makes any sense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Raju

New York, NY

#2531 Jul 21, 2014
Poof1 wrote:
<quoted text>why cant a man marry a sheep. Is it because YOU don't approve of man sheep love? How very 19th century of you.
Woman Leaves $13M Fortune to Pet Cat
A 4-year-old stray cat that was rescued from the streets of Rome has inherited a $13 million fortune from its owner, the wealthy widow of an Italian property tycoon.
Maria Assunta left the fortune to her beloved kitty Tommaso when she died two weeks ago at the age of 94. The feline’s newfound riches include cash, as well as properties in Rome, Milan and land in Calabria.
As her health began to fail two years ago, Assunta, who had no children, began to seek out a way to see that Tommaso was properly cared for after she died. In November 2009, she bequeathed her entire estate to the alley cat that she’d rescued.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12 ...
We can leave money in a will to a beloved pet, so why could that woman not marry the cat?
Don't be a bigot
Good point Poof. I'd marry the damn cat for couple million bucks isn't that what your thinking genius? Damn you are a pervert. Bet you grew up on a farm 'ey?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Raju

New York, NY

#2532 Jul 21, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
MMMMmmm good. Spam and eggs.....
Oops,,,, forgot about the cholesterol and high blood pressure.
How many cans of spam do you get every month with your food stamps?

-curious

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2533 Jul 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Scare decisis simply means to stand by things decided, Miss Congeniality. If we stood by things decided, SSM would not be allowed in many states where it now is.
This is a simple concept, but of course it's irrelevant. Polygamy should be allowed. You're just searching for a "gotcha" because you have no real argument against it except your ignorance and bigotry.
'Moreover, they see themselves as part of a GROWING TREND of folks who do not view monogamy as any type of ideal.“There’s this huge group of younger people that are involved in these things,” says Ryan – an observation that seemed borne out of a monthly event called “Poly Cocktails,” held at an upstairs bar on the Lower East Side a few weeks later, in which one would have been hard-pressed to realize that this wasn’t your run-of-the-mill mixer (a guy who’d wandered in accidentally must have eventually figured it out; he was later seen by the bar grinning widely as he chatted up two women).'
http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/millennia...
Decided by SCOTUS, dumbass. Not the states. The State bans violate the federal constitution.

"scare" decisis......... and you call me ignorant?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2534 Jul 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your argument is "Gay Topixs is the only thing you've got going. You've driven any friends you might have, other than your beer bottles, away. Truth hurts"
And Wastewater's argument is the only reason I am here is because I need attention.
We'll leave it to someone honest and objective to decide who's argument makes any sense.
Your argument? Who are you?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#2535 Jul 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that as an admission you have no argument against polygamy except hate, ignorance and bigotry.
Advocate SSM= Hero!
Advocate polygamy= needing attention.
I come here for the debate and I beat you badly in that, so now you wanna hurt my feelings.
You think you "beat" him badly, do ya?

How many states have legalized polygamy, dickweed?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2536 Jul 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So now polygamy should be illegal because I want to argue that it shouldn't be? Got it. Will add it to the list "Gay arguments against marriage equality" will give you full credit of course.
I didn't say that's why polygamy SHOULD be illegal, I said that's why polygamy WILL remain illegal.

No one- yourself included- is willing to do the work necessary to make it legal. Just another indication that no one- not even polygamists- care if polygamy is legal or illegal.

The status quo will remain.

El Paso, TX

#2537 Jul 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your repetitious blather is argument? Really? Sure seems like an attempt to get attention. Most of us are now just scrolling right past your piles of bullshit. You're done Frankie. Take your ranting elsewhere.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2538 Jul 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Legalizing polygamy won't legalize murder and rape.
Actually it would legalize the rape of multiple young girls by their "husband".

If polygamy remains illegal, the man could be charged with rape for having sex with his multiple 15 y/o "wives".

So yes, legalizing polygamy WOULD legalize rape.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2539 Jul 22, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike others in his field, Mark Goldfeder, a law professor at Emory University, thinks that the two rulings had significant impact on the future of polygamy in the United States. Goldfeder, who specializes in the intersection of law and religion, says that the courts will need to find other justifications to keep anti-polygamy statutes in place.
"It's one hundred percent likely that these polygamist cases will come, but they will no longer turn on whether a relationship is immoral," Goldfeder says.
Since there are no court cases challenging the polygamy bans, the courts don't need any justification to keep anti-polygamy statutes in place.

It's not like the courts can just act all on their own without a case.

Again, where are all these people you keep claiming are clamoring for polygamy to be legal??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 min coco 15,862
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Grey Ghost 1,510,375
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 239,666
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 17 min Nobel Unlikely 7,648
News Comey, Rogers appearance before House Intellige... 1 hr Only the TRUTH 11
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr More Trump Lies 262,698
News After setback, abortion foes keep pressing Cong... 2 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
News Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on amm... 3 hr davy 210
More from around the web