Vice-presidential debate: Joe Biden v...

Vice-presidential debate: Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan, who will be tougher?

There are 64 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 8, 2012, titled Vice-presidential debate: Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan, who will be tougher?. In it, Washington Times reports that:

WASHINGTON , October 8, 2012 - The Veep Debate on October 11, Thursday, is stacking up to be a slugfest between two very tough guys.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Benghazi may come up. It will be interesting to see how Biden tries to get around that.
Gravediggers

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Tougher?!?!?!?!?

Who will respond more intelligently with FACTS and who is more EMOTIONALLY MATURE?

Paul Ryan has the intelligence, the emotional stability to lead this nation.

Joe Biden does not!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Paris

#3 Oct 8, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
Benghazi may come up. It will be interesting to see how Biden tries to get around that.
PAPER: Romney To Slam Obama For 'Fundamentally Misunderstanding Threat Of Radical Islam'... NOW NOW NOW YA’LL JUST IGNORE THAT LIBYA MESS, DEATHS AND ALL……..oh and Fast and Furious too…..just speed bumps. H-O-P-E and C-H-A-N-G-E IS NOT A STRATEGY it’s a ploy.

REPORT: Ambassador Stevens Wanted Security Team to Stay in Libya Past August...

Made 'Multiple Pleas' For More Security...

Warned of Danger on Day of Death...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 8, 2012
It's team obama who should be worried about biden blowing it big time...The guy is capable of saying anything...Like the time he was talking about a man in a wheelchair and told the guy to standup and take a bow...Sounds like something you’d hear on Family Guy.

“Here we go!”

Since: Feb 07

Tampa, FL

#5 Oct 8, 2012
It's not who's 'tougher' although a sense of 'toughness' is appreciated in a VP.

He who connects with the American People best, wins.
HTS

Sidney, MT

#6 Oct 8, 2012
It's astounding to realize that liberals are looking to Joe Biden to pick up the slack and clean up Obama's pathetic debate performance. I'm inviting friends over for the Biden/Ryan debate. We're making popcorn and everything. This will be truly entertaining to watch Biden make an even bigger fool of himself.

Since: Jan 07

Plymouth, PA

#7 Oct 8, 2012
I caught a clip of Biden bemoaning the economic stagnation of the last four years. The supporers standing behind him looked confused. He may well have been reading a campaign speech from 2008. I cannot imagine what he will say, without a teleprompter or cue cards that will make any sense. I wish he would stop saying he is originally from Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Full Monty

Lawrenceville, GA

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Just read where the ENTERTAINMENT for the event will be The DANCING BEEFETTES of WALMART. Nimble and light on their feet these dancing THONGS are FANTASTIC.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Paris

#9 Oct 8, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Tougher?!?!?!?!?
Who will respond more intelligently with FACTS and who is more EMOTIONALLY MATURE?
Paul Ryan has the intelligence, the emotional stability to lead this nation.
Joe Biden does not!
OH SO THAT’S WHAT YOU BEEN DOING…..PERFORMING

Obama apologizes to Hollywood for debate debacle...

I Can't 'Perform Flawlessly, Night After Night'

Obama and Biden the song and dance team.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 8, 2012
Debates are not supposed to be about who is tougher. It's supposed to be about substance and truth. You can stand and yell and scream and be tough but if you lie about everything, how is that helpful?

Romney told outright lies on many points but the biggest was his health care plan includes pre-existing conditions. That was a LIE and confirmed to be untrue by his staffer but Romney has not go the kahuna's to come out and say he lied. This lie affects 86 Million people!!!!!

Mitt Romney: "I don't know what I said, but I stand by it, whatever it was".

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 8, 2012
HTS wrote:
It's astounding to realize that liberals are looking to Joe Biden to pick up the slack and clean up Obama's pathetic debate performance. I'm inviting friends over for the Biden/Ryan debate. We're making popcorn and everything. This will be truly entertaining to watch Biden make an even bigger fool of himself.
Really? Perhaps you should get a job reading minds? You listen to TV too much.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#12 Oct 8, 2012
What does toughness have to do with it?
One can do math.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Oct 8, 2012
HTS wrote:
If nothing else, the buzz about how poorly Obama performed last Wednesday will interest viewers who might not have otherwise turned in to future debates. The solid Romney performance will enthuse Republicans and dishearten Democrats. The Democrat ticket could turn things around in the remaining three debates -- but, in fact, things will get progressively worse for Obama.

Consider what will happen on October 11. Joe Biden, the 69-year-old gaffe-prone politician, whose benefit to Democrats has been that he makes Obama look smart, will face off against the very smart, very fit 42-year-old Paul Ryan. Romney set the tone: Republicans will defend our positions on issues like entitlements. Ryan is the man who can run circles around a hack like Biden.

Ryan has not only youth, intelligence, and ideas on his side; Ryan and Romney both have won campaigns in which most of the voters were Democrats and independents. Biden has no clue how to appeal to anything but the Democrat base. Moreover, Ryan exudes confidence and optimism. He is as close to Reagan as Republicans have had in the last quarter-century. What does Biden exude? Shopworn clichés and smugness.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/10/obamas...

“Truth to Power!”

Charles City, VA

#14 Oct 8, 2012

Joe Biden is a Draft Dodging POS. That's how tough he is!

Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Paul Ryan tax reform figures do not add up and will raise taxes on the middle class.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Oct 8, 2012
Paul Ryan a Romney 47%er that is dependent on government. Ryan should find a job in the private sector IF HE CAN.

Since: Dec 07

Kemp, TX

#17 Oct 8, 2012
carolo43 wrote:
Debates are not supposed to be about who is tougher. It's supposed to be about substance and truth. You can stand and yell and scream and be tough but if you lie about everything, how is that helpful?
Romney told outright lies on many points but the biggest was his health care plan includes pre-existing conditions. That was a LIE and confirmed to be untrue by his staffer but Romney has not go the kahuna's to come out and say he lied. This lie affects 86 Million people!!!!!
Mitt Romney: "I don't know what I said, but I stand by it, whatever it was".
BS.........6 million to pay fines and taxes next year on nobamacare

Many companies considering using part time help with college students to avoid paying.

Single moms being affected by nobamacaretax.

Nobama stands by his total screwing of the American people.

Kemp, TX

#18 Oct 8, 2012
Tony wrote:
Paul Ryan tax reform figures do not add up and will raise taxes on the middle class.
Nobama's shovel ready, cash for clunkers and green energy projects have added 90 billion to the deficit!!

Talk about not adding up!!! Adding down, maybe!!! LMAO

“Truth to Power!”

Charles City, VA

#19 Oct 8, 2012
carolo43 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Perhaps you should get a job reading minds? You listen to TV too much.

It's going to be a very long night for you watching Biden LIE and GAFFE his arse off.

Perhaps you should start drinking early? It might damper the pain.

Kemp, TX

#20 Oct 8, 2012
Tony wrote:
Paul Ryan a Romney 47%er that is dependent on government. Ryan should find a job in the private sector IF HE CAN.
After graduating from college, Ryan worked as a marketing consultant for his family's Janesville-based business, Ryan Inc., a construction firm founded by his great-grandfather in 1884. Ryan also headed up his own consulting firm.

Barrack Obama worked as, uh, "commuity organizer" which in other words recieved government grants where 3/4 went to salaries and the rest went to the community!!

Really! Who had the real job, bozo?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One dead after car plows into group of proteste... 2 min Galt 240
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,582,076
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Dwight Dickum 26,389
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Science 222,250
News Dems risk culture war fight in Charlottesville ... 4 min Dee Dee Dee 59
News Monument madness a leftist cover to crumble Ame... 11 min RustyS 13
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 11 min Katrina 1,447
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min ImPeach 287,603
More from around the web