Surrender may be only way out for Boe...

Surrender may be only way out for Boehner

There are 184 comments on the The Washington Post story from Oct 9, 2013, titled Surrender may be only way out for Boehner. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

As the government shutdown and the threat of a federal debt default begin to merge into a singular Washington crisis, the only way out for House Speaker John A. Boehner may be something he disparaged earlier this week as "unconditional surrender."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#164 Oct 12, 2013
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>You are right about one thing: The problem was Mondale & Dukakis!!.. Clinton; a centrist??.. Well, maybe, after he lost Congress........
not so Bill began tacking to the center soon after the primaries began and he saw that the only real competition was Jerry Brown. So Brown became the darling of the parties ideological wing, and ended up with about 20-25% of the primary votes. The rather than bring on Brown or Harkin as V.P. Gore was brought on. Gore was also considered a moderate....The only thing close to ideological in nature was the budget with the tax increase and that worked out well.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#165 Oct 12, 2013
I am sorry that I made gramatical-errors.
English is too dificult for me.
Shinichiro Takizawa wrote:
[4]
So,
if
American-politicians and Putin colluded as you say,
then American-politicians violated treason.
----->>>>>

So,
if
American-politicians and Putin colluded as you say,
then American-politicians committed treason.

Since: May 13

North Miami Beach, FL

#166 Oct 13, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Fux and MSNBC push their propaganda and it is true that Stewart seems to mock the repteabags a lot.
But, dear, is so easy, and there is so much fodder for humor to show the repteabag hypocrisy.
I believe other late night folks also show up the repteabag nonsense.
thethirdrail
whose history -- Propaganda -- Nonsense -- Humor ("You Have to
Pass A Bill-Pelosi-Before You Read It").Would you buy a car like this You've Never heard of the
Air(when it was broadcasting but it went bust)Crowd Van Jones etc.
etc.--- Nonsense--what happens when your Out of Control Spending
Maxis Out Your Credit (Oh I know you'll just blame those who Have
been trying to fix others fiasco's .Oh--I know you'll just Keep
Printing More Worthless Paper
To Buy Back Your Own Treasury Notes
Until Soros China etc.etc.etc. Saaaay enough Already!!!
1 post removed

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#168 Oct 14, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Stay that line. I meant THE daughter. No offense.
no problem, either line works....I don't get offended on topix, in fact, I try to offend...annoying libs and dems is what made this country great....no wait, it's drinking and cheating.

I almost used the line....." she's been plucked more times that the rose of trellise" which would you say works best.?
liberals are heros

Des Moines, IA

#169 Oct 14, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
no problem, either line works....I don't get offended on topix, in fact, I try to offend...annoying libs and dems is what made this country great....no wait, it's drinking and cheating.
I almost used the line....." she's been plucked more times that the rose of trellise" which would you say works best.?
So you really are a big fan of Bohners, I take it.....

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#170 Oct 14, 2013
liberals are heros wrote:
<quoted text>So you really are a big fan of Bohners, I take it.....
your name identifies you as someone who can't be trusted, so i'll ignore you the rest of your life.
Cat74

United States

#171 Oct 14, 2013
How do you figure Boehner will have to surrender? He has offered several solutions to the shutdown problem, and each time the tribal leader turns them down. At this point the American people have had a look at who the culprit is, and they are beginning to turn on Obama.
liberals are heros

Des Moines, IA

#172 Oct 14, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
your name identifies you as someone who can't be trusted, so i'll ignore you the rest of your life.
Promise?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#173 Oct 14, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest a third option - chicken feathers.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#174 Oct 14, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest a third option - chicken feathers.
Sure not seeing Paul Ryan or Eric Cantor pushing their way in front of any TV cameras, are ya?.......Tough to keep in the crosshairs....lol....

Since: May 13

North Miami Beach, FL

#175 Oct 17, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Fux is a comedy channel.
Jon Stewart is an important voice who illustrates (through humor) the political climate of today. That he mocks and illustrates the hypocrisy of the repteabags is interesting and usually correct. It seems that the WSJ/NBC poll shows that by a 22-point margin (53 percent to 31 percent), the public blames the Republican Party more for the shutdown than President Barack Obama.
"Look, you think Obamacare's a big enough threat to this country that you need to shut down the government over it, fine. Own it. Don't fart and point at the dog." (Jon Stewart)
thethirdrail
----------I wonder What the Polls and John Stewart will be saying
---After they factor in the Out of Control Spending like Obama-Care
Cat74

United States

#176 Oct 17, 2013
That is their secret, they won't factor in Obamacare. We really have to start giving our elected officials some thought. China downgraded the credit rate again. We are stupid to keep doing what we are doing, and expecting a different result. And our needy greedy will have drank up the new credit level by December when we have to do this all over again.
Cat74

United States

#177 Oct 17, 2013
What the Democrats really want to do is downgrade the dollar. That has been their plan since Clinton was President.
liberal waiting on check

Byhalia, MS

#178 Oct 17, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>If you ain't payin, start prayin. You'll have to confess to the IRS.
the large corporations and the rich are gonna pay for your health insurance if you cant afford it. they have the money. lets keep this health care reform act train moving! america's est ideal since our national parks.
liberal waiting on check

Byhalia, MS

#179 Oct 17, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
What the Democrats really want to do is downgrade the dollar. That has been their plan since Clinton was President.
quit watching fox news!

Location hidden

#180 Oct 17, 2013
liberal waiting on check wrote:
<quoted text>
the large corporations and the rich are gonna pay for your health insurance if you cant afford it. they have the money. lets keep this health care reform act train moving! america's est ideal since our national parks.
Good News, Mister Redneck.....37,000 signed up in Washington State and 27,000 signed up in ol' Kentucky....the States sites work better than the national one.....
Eric Gustafson

Virginia Beach, VA

#181 Oct 17, 2013
Well the stock market tripling since Obama has been on duty is a strange path to devaluing the US Dollar.

Anybody with a 401K plan that lost it's value under George Bush and seen all the gains since Mar 2009 wouldn't think like you think about making money.

Which leaves a rational individual to believe you don't have any money, or pension funds invested in the capital markets to celebrate it's growth.
Cat74 wrote:

Location hidden

#182 Oct 17, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
100% BULLSH*T......
drinK the hivE

New York, NY

#183 Oct 17, 2013
When The Left Goes 2 Far 2 The Left - They All Have The Same Problem - "Bread & Butter And Toilet Paper"

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072009/1248715399_a...

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#184 Oct 17, 2013
drinK the hivE wrote:
When The Left Goes 2 Far 2 The Left - They All Have The Same Problem - "Bread & Butter And Toilet Paper"
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/072009/1248715399_a...
And that is one thing novice travelers all learn.. If going outside the U.S. Forget bringing Marlboro's and Levi's.. Bring U.S. toilet paper.. You will not wants to use the local ones & every culture will barter for it.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min NICK 80,682
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,761,882
News US judge refuses to dismiss ex-Trump aide Paul ... 7 min Trump suckers 164
News 'It's about time': President Trump pardons late... 7 min inbred Genius 67
News Trump presses for action as House GOP struggles... 9 min Raydot 44
News President Trump proposing billions in spending ... 10 min Stormy Abandonment 191
News Trump disclosure of lawyer payment raises new l... 15 min Trump suckers 141
News Supreme Court delivers blow to workers' rights 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 144
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 2 hr fish and poi 365
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 2 hr Annie Oakly 1,130