Double standard seen in white man's killing

Aug 21, 2013 Full story: Washington Times 1,006

Five days after an Australian college student was gunned down by a trio of "bored" Oklahoma teens, the political and social reverberations continue to build across the nation and abroad.

Full Story
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#454 Aug 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman, dear, did not kill for fun - he killed because he did not use his common sense and he had a gun - a weapon much more effective than a packet of skittles and an iced tea.
Dear, some have suggested that the prosecution should have argued that Martin was actually the person standing his ground. After all, he was the one being pursued.
Doesn't quite fit your guys scenarios but Zimmerman was following Mr. Martin. And that fact is hard to argue.
So?
Following someone is a legal endeavor.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#455 Aug 25, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Following someone is a legal endeavor.
Should I stand my ground if I am followed and pull out my gun to kill them?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#456 Aug 25, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
An airplane could be considered a bird too. Big deal.
Dear, I don't think airplanes are known to follow folks as they walk home with a packet of skittles and an iced tea. And birds don't usually use guns.

Try another misfit analogy?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#457 Aug 25, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>...
If Martin's parents press their civil suit, information suppressed during the criminal trial can be brought out and some of that information will show Martin was no angel.
^There^ is the other edge of that sword they wrecklessly flail with childish abandon, and they may soon learn it is a sharp edge. It has the potential to not only cut up the angel image the media has painted of Trayvon, but may well open up the whole enchilada of the real truth about why there is such a high percentage of blacks in our prisons.
More blacks are shot and killed by other blacks than all the other "colors" put together. As much as 84% of all blacks murdered, are shot by other blacks. So says the FBI's numbers, and that is exactly why the percentage of blacks in our prisons is so high.
They try to make the large numbers look like there is something wrong with our judicial system, when the truth is that there is, in fact, that much crime being committed by the black community. Truth, when finally exposed, can be a bitch sometimes.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#458 Aug 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, straight from the horse's mouth to the dispatcher. Enjoy.

Dispatcher - Are you following him?

Zimmerman - Yeah

Dispatcher - Ok, we don't need you to do that.
He did not say Stop. He said he didn't have to. You sure want to stir the hate sparky.

Paris

#459 Aug 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Guess, the party line has grown from dead people, acorn, black people and now it is us white folks riddled with guilt. LOLL

Perhaps, guys, you might want to look at your loser candidates and wonder why they did not win the last two elections.
They'd did not promise lies and free money and the mooches only care about the free stuff. Obama proved that with the worst record and still the low information voters vote fo mo free chit instead of their country.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#460 Aug 25, 2013
Responsibility."Should I stand my ground and pull out my gun to kill them"Post 455.Chris Lane would be alive today and the wisdom of stand your ground laws would be proven.You believe justice was not served because it wasn't"your justice".

Paris

#461 Aug 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Should I stand my ground if I am followed and pull out my gun to kill them?
That act is against the law. You were not attacked.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#462 Aug 25, 2013
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Charlie. Zimmerman was found not guilty. Just think, if that rabid animal trayvon would have kept his hands to himself, he might still be alive today.
Then the 3 individuals in this case should be found not guilty as well. Who knows what the white Australian dude did to them before they were forced to kill him just to protect themselves.

Tawas City, Michigan

#463 Aug 25, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
If Zimmerman killed for fun, he should have gone to prison. I think he had a case for self defense.
I'd like see what you'd do if someone pounded your head on a sidewalk. Since you have said you keep guns for self protection, I suppose maybe you should turn yours in as so you'd be consistent.
Zimmerman's idea of fun was tracking & terrorizing a black kid just because that kid was black. Then when he got in over his head and the black kid fought back against his stalker, Zimmerman had to pull out his gun and shoot an unarmed kid.

Typical coward.

Btw, I don't stalk people like Zimmerman did. He got away with murder.

Tawas City, Michigan

#464 Aug 25, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like Blacks never get a break. You must be allergic to newspapers.
Not in our "justice" system they don't.

Guaranteed the 2 black kids get the death penalty or life in prison, while the white kid gets probation at most.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#465 Aug 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Should I stand my ground if I am followed and pull out my gun to kill them?
Don't know. You have conveniently left out some vital information in order to address your moot point.
I do not know about you, but if I was just being "followed" with no other facts to know for sure what the "follower" has in mind, I would get the hell out of Dodge, and fast. Only fools and idiots wade into a confrontation (stand their ground) without having a good understanding of the facts about the other person and their intent. Assumptions and miscalculations at that moment often makes dead fools and idiots.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#466 Aug 25, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, I don't think airplanes are known to follow folks as they walk home with a packet of skittles and an iced tea. And birds don't usually use guns.
Try another misfit analogy?
Are you really that dense?
You have no point. All you got is sour grapes emotionalism that shows you as immature and devoid of objective thought.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#467 Aug 25, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the 3 individuals in this case should be found not guilty as well. Who knows what the white Australian dude did to them before they were forced to kill him just to protect themselves.
OMG !

Tawas City, Michigan

#468 Aug 25, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you accept the fact and admit that Trayvon Martin played a vital part in his own death?
When you accept the fact and admit that Zimmerman was stalking a black kid with the intent of causing him harm, which is why he continued pursuing Trayvon after being specifically instructed by authorities NOT to.

Trayvon was defending himself against a stalker intent on doing him harm.

Tawas City, Michigan

#469 Aug 25, 2013
Christopher Keller wrote:
This was very clearly a hate crime.
Then you should have no difficulty proving in court they attacked this guy because he was white.

Maybe you should contact the District Attorney and lend him your expertise....
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#470 Aug 25, 2013
AswersRus.Amazing!Three thugs stalking an innocent man,incidently who was Caucasian,with a weapon in the car.It's broad daylight and he's alone.Wonder what their intent was?He should consider the legal and moral grounds of stand your ground.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#471 Aug 25, 2013
AnswersRus.Excuse the typo on your monicker.

Tawas City, Michigan

#472 Aug 25, 2013
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
this is exactly why I chose to put my career on hold, and stay home with my kids.
that being said, getting back on track is much harder than it used to be, most employers don't consider staying home to raise kids to be a full-time job.
so now I work a part time job for minimum wage, and we need every nickel.
it isn't much, but it allows me to put my kids on the bus, and get them off again.
(but we also choose to live a "cash-only" lifestyle, which makes it a little easier.)
Good for you.

Growing up poor on a farm and watching my parents struggle with debt every day, I joined the military right out of high school because I refused to go into debt just to attend college.

The only time I've ever owed anyone any money was when I finally bought my first house; and even then it was paid off in less than 10 years. The only reason I got a mortgage was the interest rate was so low I would make more money in the stock market instead of paying cash straight out for the property.

If more people lived "cash-only" this country would be much better off.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#473 Aug 25, 2013
We the Sheeple.Omg!Not another"victim of racism,poverty,social injustice,colonial imperialism,rightwing conspiracy.......zzzz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 182,072
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 min Brian_G 307,068
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min shinningelectr0n 1,155,777
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 39 min Hidingfromyou 133,974
10 Races to Watch in 2016: New York's 11th Dist... 43 min Shinichiro Takizawa 12
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 1 hr Brilliant Bolshevik 121
US Rep. Grimm pleads guilty to federal tax evasion 1 hr jogosdofriv4 6
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr Quirky 294,339
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 3 hr Enter 272
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 3 hr barefoot2626 531
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 10 hr mjjcpa 931
More from around the web