Some tea party congressmen find signs of political backlash at home

Oct 6, 2013 Full story: The Washington Post 413

Nearly three years after a band of renegade congressmen brought the tea party insurgency to Washington, there are early rumblings of a political backlash in some of their districts.

Full Story

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#378 Oct 19, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>Obama bailed out those fake french bussies by brokering a diplomatic end to Syria's threat. Sucks to be a insignificant neo-con.

hahahahahahahaha
Obama can't even keep the White House garden going with Michele's 24 slaves.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#379 Oct 19, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see all you loon children running around singing Sugar Sugar, because uncle sugars teat is stuck in your mouth.
That low quality jab tells me your a little frustrated this morning

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#380 Oct 19, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, France is moving back to the right. I'll see if they have some used guillotines and bring them to DC. It won't hurt though, you loons have already lost your minds.
Are you calling for an American Robespierre?

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#381 Oct 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>France is againest same-sex marriages...kinda rough for you, Pookie.....
Yes, did you see the riots from the citizens against. They hav a leftist too that ignors the citizens wishes. 60% are against obamabungle.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#382 Oct 19, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Dodgers in six.
Bring in the next one.
Oops!
3 posts removed

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#386 Oct 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm calling for a house cleaning in Washington, from both parties that have individuals that sold their souls to the moneymongers. Robespierre had the right idea, he just took it too far with no direction.
No Robespierre had a definite direct..first was to kill anyone who was rich and supported the monarchy...second to kill anyone who opposed the directory...The trouble he had was each execution created more enemies
If Marxism were an establish ideology I believe he would have given it a warm bloody embrace
1 post removed

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#388 Oct 20, 2013
lafraud cry-a-thon: Day 348

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#389 Oct 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Very possibly, fanatics do tend to grasp at straws.
yep they do grasp at straws...
like false historical equivalents....
twisting quotes out of context to prove a false equivalent.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#390 Oct 20, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Very possibly, fanatics do tend to grasp at straws.
Cooz Cruzer Luzer grasped the short straw. DUMBOSPAMBOT Birther nut.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#391 Oct 20, 2013
Mykro wrote:
<quoted text>Cooz Cruzer Luzer grasped the short straw. DUMBOSPAMBOT Birther nut.
Saul Alinsky lives!...fencewalkers...Saul says, "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition"...Prepare yourselves...
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#392 Oct 20, 2013
Obamacare can be done away with by having 3/4 of the House, and Senate vote against it, and 3/4 of the States to vote it down. That is how we got rid of Prohibition. It took 14 years. So just because we have Obamacare today is no guarantee we will have it forever. When the people get a good look at it up close, and personal they will demand it be repealed.

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#393 Oct 21, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes good one. We will end the liberal party.
How are you going to do that? After all the GOP has taken great pains to alienate women, minorities, and the poor. Those groups are increasingly out weighing the demographics of white, male, middle class.

I think you guys have elected your last President for awhile. No matter who the Democrats put up in the next election (even Hillary, God forbid) you guys have pretty much shot yourselves in the foot.

The GOP wants to alienate the majority of women by telling them what they can do with their bodies, alienate minorities instead of getting them on board with their party, and the poor... well they have always hated the poor.

Good luck.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#394 Oct 21, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Obamacare can be done away with by having 3/4 of the House, and Senate vote against it, and 3/4 of the States to vote it down. That is how we got rid of Prohibition. It took 14 years. So just because we have Obamacare today is no guarantee we will have it forever. When the people get a good look at it up close, and personal they will demand it be repealed.
You don't need a constitutional amendment all you need is 50%+1 in both houses, which is a much smaller margin....... and a President willing to sign....
...ahhh never mind ...great plan it will keep you guys busy
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#395 Oct 21, 2013
You will have a ne President in 3 years, and he will sign it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#396 Oct 22, 2013
...a ne President?......

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#397 Oct 22, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You will have a ne President in 3 years, and he will sign it.
I hate to tell you dude, but the next president will probably be a Democrat again. The GOP alienates the majority of women, minorities, and low income people. The days when white, male, middle class and rich folks were in the vast majority are pretty much over. The country is a lot more diverse that it has been in the past, and the GOP refuse to change with the times. It is one of the things that cost them the last election, and they still aren't wising up and doing anything to fix the problem.
1 post removed

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#399 Oct 22, 2013
TN Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to tell you dude, but the next president will probably be a Democrat again. The GOP alienates the majority of women, minorities, and low income people. The days when white, male, middle class and rich folks were in the vast majority are pretty much over. The country is a lot more diverse that it has been in the past, and the GOP refuse to change with the times. It is one of the things that cost them the last election, and they still aren't wising up and doing anything to fix the problem.
yes, you are right...trouble is, those same people (white, male, middle class and rich) pay most of the taxes, so when they are gone, either taxed to death, dead, or moved away, what are you brilliant libs gonna do for revenue to fund your freebies for voters?

Location hidden

#400 Oct 22, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, you are right...trouble is, those same people (white, male, middle class and rich) pay most of the taxes, so when they are gone, either taxed to death, dead, or moved away, what are you brilliant libs gonna do for revenue to fund your freebies for voters?
Myself and many i know, are as you've described and we have no desire to follow a party, that would allow their teaparty faction, do as much damage and threaten our economy.....so then, i guess with the GOP, it's about which white, middle class wealthy?......

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#401 Oct 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Myself and many i know, are as you've described and we have no desire to follow a party, that would allow their teaparty faction, do as much damage and threaten our economy.....so then, i guess with the GOP, it's about which white, middle class wealthy?......
just stating the fact bub, that the people he named, are the taxpayers.....lovem or hatem, they pay the freight for most of the shit that goes on around this country.

Location hidden

#402 Oct 22, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
just stating the fact bub, that the people he named, are the taxpayers.....lovem or hatem, they pay the freight for most of the shit that goes on around this country.
So you would agree, that would include the $24 Billion that the shutdown cost all of us taxpayers, also?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Nuculur option 1,111,534
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Fed Up Again 263,700
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Scrutiny 178,246
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 11 min serfs up 448
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 18 min D-U-H 363
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 18 min barefoot2626 147
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min Resident 49,907
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min positronium 154,352
Thousands Attend Climate March in New York 1 hr The Nouvo Bolsheviks 37
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••