Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

#12962 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"They cannot help themselves.
Every time they hear or see "President Obama" and "birth" in the same sentence, it sends them into an uncontrollable and frantic seizure.
They twist and turn; they hem and haw. They speak with such gibberish that it renders them mute. You'd understand what comes out from between a horse's hind legs much better than the babble they utter.
No matter the topic in this life, you can be rest assured that it WILL eventually come around to President Obama and his birth. Just like clock-work.
The price of tea in China...but, oh yeah, President Obama isn't an American citizen. Peter O'Toole and Carey Grant never winning an Oscar...but, oh yeah, President Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.
Adam and Eve being banished from the Garden of Eden...but, oh yeah, President Obama's birth certificate isn't real. Man reaches the moon...but, oh yeah, President Obama was born overseas.
They will NEVER disappoint me with their predictability and deceit.
Their symptoms should not be confused with Tourette Syndrome (TS).
They have some common symptoms, such as socially inappropriate behaviors, Attention Deficit Disorder-like symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive-like symptoms, self-injurious behavior, anxiety, depression, impulsivity, hyperactivity, stuttering, stress, stammering, aggression and temper outbursts.
Oh my, many of those symptoms are displayed in this forum everyday, around the clock.
But do NOT be fooled. There are significant differences. TS is an inherited disorder; what they have is acquired. TS affects the nervous system; what they have affects their entire body, mind and soul. TS is found in all populations; what they have is found ONLY among the foolish of the foolish.
The cause of TS is unknown; what they have is caused by hatred, ignorance, vile, bigotry and a host of other evils. There is no known cure for TS; there are MANY cures for what ails them.
They are as bulls in a china shop, just messing up things. But a better analogy would be that they are as snakes bellying in the dark caverns of vile, filth, darkness and evil.
Some would say that what they have is known as OBamabirth Syndrome (better known as O the BS).
They simply cannot help themselves. Every forum on Topix they have brought up President Obama's birth (or most certainly will).
Such simple-minded, idiotic folk they are. Y'all don't bother by responding to me with your vile and mostly bile posts. I WILL ignore. Just rate it as your predisposed, so-called minds surely will and talk it out amongst yourselves and consider it a therapy-starter, idiots!"
Today, Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) is still in hiding. Stay tuned for more news about the Captain (the alleged Murderer).
This Azz Clown is a Laugh a Minute

“ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END”

Since: Mar 12

IT'S BEEN NICE

#12963 Apr 26, 2012
george wrote:
<quoted text>Did you by any chance READ the entire article, or do you by chance have "selective" reading skills, that is you only read the parts you want to beleive and ignore the rest?
You are so much in denial over this it is pitiful.
Everyone they talked to in that nieghborhood has said they also called 911 multiple times over the last year about suspicious behavior, it was becoming a daily event, and all they talked to said it mostly was young black men that they seen, why are you having such a problem accepting this?
I don't care how much you all deny this, Zimmerman had GOOD reason to be suspicious of Martin, all Martin had to do is tell him who he was and what he was doing there, anyone with half an ounce of common sense can figure that one out, instead he attacked Zimmerman,that right there tells me Martin was up to no good that night.
Sad part is, I believe deep down you know this, but are to narrow minded to accept it.

He didn't have to tell the Captain (the alleged Murderer) a damn thing.

You act like you know what happened. You do NOT. You're only taking the alleged murderer's word.

The alleged murderer's word is no good!
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

#12964 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
This Azz Clown is a Laugh a Minute
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#12965 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not pre-suppose you know the politicians I "love and adore." I have to laugh at that one.
I disagree with your reason on why this case happened. That is highly inaccurate. I have no idea what you mean by "bullying tactics."
I have NEVER favored a police state. The Congress and the conservative-tilted Supreme Court share responsibility there. The Rehnquist and Roberts Courts have been terrible in protecting individual liberties against local police as well as federal authority. We will NOT get a court in our lifetime to undo the many wrongs they've put upon the American people.
This situation came about because Sanford Police refused to adequately investigate this case and make an arrest. Hopefully, the Department of Justice's investigation will usher Wolfinger out of office sooner.
If it were up to me, his arrogant ass would be in prison right now. Chief Lee is done. Only the t's being crossed and i's being dotted is left to do. That thing about refusing to accept his resignation has nothing to do with him staying on the job. I actually think it to be a smart move by the mayor.
This concerns his severance agreement. It is better for Chief Lee that he signs it as soon as possible. The mayor (who provided the critical vote) wants to see the outcome of the Department of Justice's investigation. Anything negative about Chief Lee coming out of those results will lessen any monies due him under a future severance agreement.
The amount of money is too little involved to save the city much. This is more a political muscling than anything else.
"Innocent people were maimed or killed because of this incident," you say. Just assign the blame accordingly.
You know? I agree with you people on many points... including that Zimmerman is probably guilty.

But you sure do need to lose that "holier than thou" attitude.... especially zazz.

You're reminding me why I don't like extremist... right AND left!

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#12966 Apr 26, 2012
george wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you by any chance READ the entire article, or do you by chance have "selective" reading skills, that is you only read the parts you want to beleive and ignore the rest?
You are so much in denial over this it is pitiful.
Everyone they talked to in that nieghborhood has said they also called 911 multiple times over the last year about suspicious behavior, it was becoming a daily event, and all they talked to said it mostly was young black men that they seen, why are you having such a problem accepting this?
I don't care how much you all deny this, Zimmerman had GOOD reason to be suspicious of Martin, all Martin had to do is tell him who he was and what he was doing there, anyone with half an ounce of common sense can figure that one out, instead he attacked Zimmerman,that right there tells me Martin was up to no good that night.
Sad part is, I believe deep down you know this, but are to narrow minded to accept it.
All Zimmerman had to do was tell Martin who he was and what he was doing there. He didn't, not even when Martin demanded to know why he was following him. Instead he maintained a belligerent posture and replied "WTF are you doing here" as he shoved Martin thus provoking a fight.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#12967 Apr 26, 2012
george wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you by any chance READ the entire article, or do you by chance have "selective" reading skills, that is you only read the parts you want to beleive and ignore the rest?
You are so much in denial over this it is pitiful.
Everyone they talked to in that nieghborhood has said they also called 911 multiple times over the last year about suspicious behavior, it was becoming a daily event, and all they talked to said it mostly was young black men that they seen, why are you having such a problem accepting this?
I don't care how much you all deny this, Zimmerman had GOOD reason to be suspicious of Martin, all Martin had to do is tell him who he was and what he was doing there, anyone with half an ounce of common sense can figure that one out, instead he attacked Zimmerman,that right there tells me Martin was up to no good that night.
Sad part is, I believe deep down you know this, but are to narrow minded to accept it.
Zimmerman's good reason for suspecting Martin was,,,---,,, Martin was Black. Thank you your honor, I no longer have any use for this witness.
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

#12968 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't have to tell the Captain (the alleged Murderer) a damn thing.
You act like you know what happened. You do NOT. You're only taking the alleged murderer's word.
The alleged murderer's word is no good!
This Azz is a Laugh a Minute

“ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END”

Since: Mar 12

IT'S BEEN NICE

#12969 Apr 26, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman was a self appointed captain. He and his buddy organized the neighborhood watch, were responsible for bringing in the cops to do a watch presentation, nominated each others and were elected to head the watch program that they had initiated setting up when the HOA voted by saying I yi yi.
And the Homeowner Association members certified their "I yi yi" by referring to Zimmerman as "Captain, Zimmerman" in their February 2012 newsletter.

That will be used as evidence in the eventual civil suit that they can all thank their Captain for.

No matter the outcome of this case, there sure will be a lot of people upset with Captain Zimmerman (the alleged murderer).

Is there any place on Earth he can go without looking over his shoulder?

Maybe, just maybe.
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

#12970 Apr 26, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You know? I agree with you people on many points... including that Zimmerman is probably guilty.
But you sure do need to lose that "holier than thou" attitude.... especially zazz.
You're reminding me why I don't like extremist... right AND left!
This Azz Clown is a Laugh a Minute
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#12971 Apr 26, 2012
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Chasing someone through the night and killing him based on nothing more then a profile is against the law.
I never gave much credence to the profiling issue that was brought up. I've always felt the case on it was weak.

But then I guess a simply question is, did Zimmerman pursue Tray because he wore a hoodie? Or because he was black? Combine that with the 911 tapes and it's food for thought.

But I still don't think it's enough for the DOJ to do anything.

And I certainly don't believe he'll be convicted of anything substantial either.
1 post removed
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

#12973 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Homeowner Association members certified their "I yi yi" by referring to Zimmerman as "Captain, Zimmerman" in their February 2012 newsletter.
That will be used as evidence in the eventual civil suit that they can all thank their Captain for.
No matter the outcome of this case, there sure will be a lot of people upset with Captain Zimmerman (the alleged murderer).
Is there any place on Earth he can go without looking over his shoulder?
Maybe, just maybe.
This Azz Clown is a Laugh a Minute
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

#12974 Apr 26, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I never gave much credence to the profiling issue that was brought up. I've always felt the case on it was weak.
But then I guess a simply question is, did Zimmerman pursue Tray because he wore a hoodie? Or because he was black? Combine that with the 911 tapes and it's food for thought.
But I still don't think it's enough for the DOJ to do anything.
And I certainly don't believe he'll be convicted of anything substantial either.
This Azz Clown is a Laugh a Minute

“ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END”

Since: Mar 12

IT'S BEEN NICE

#12975 Apr 26, 2012
For those counting the hours, this post will run on the hour until 5pm ET / 8pm PT. We can all thank Judy-IT Judy for its continual running. I know I do.

In meetings all day, so it may not be on the top of the hour, but it will be posted.

"They cannot help themselves.

Every time they hear or see "President Obama" and "birth" in the same sentence, it sends them into an uncontrollable and frantic seizure.

They twist and turn; they hem and haw. They speak with such gibberish that it renders them mute. You'd understand what comes out from between a horse's hind legs much better than the babble they utter.

No matter the topic in this life, you can be rest assured that it WILL eventually come around to President Obama and his birth. Just like clock-work.

The price of tea in China...but, oh yeah, President Obama isn't an American citizen. Peter O'Toole and Carey Grant never winning an Oscar...but, oh yeah, President Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.

Adam and Eve being banished from the Garden of Eden...but, oh yeah, President Obama's birth certificate isn't real. Man reaches the moon...but, oh yeah, President Obama was born overseas.

They will NEVER disappoint me with their predictability and deceit.

Their symptoms should not be confused with Tourette Syndrome (TS).

They have some common symptoms, such as socially inappropriate behaviors, Attention Deficit Disorder-like symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive-like symptoms, self-injurious behavior, anxiety, depression, impulsivity, hyperactivity, stuttering, stress, stammering, aggression and temper outbursts.

Oh my, many of those symptoms are displayed in this forum everyday, around the clock.

But do NOT be fooled. There are significant differences. TS is an inherited disorder; what they have is acquired. TS affects the nervous system; what they have affects their entire body, mind and soul. TS is found in all populations; what they have is found ONLY among the foolish of the foolish.

The cause of TS is unknown; what they have is caused by hatred, ignorance, vile, bigotry and a host of other evils. There is no known cure for TS; there are MANY cures for what ails them.

They are as bulls in a china shop, just messing up things. But a better analogy would be that they are as snakes bellying in the dark caverns of vile, filth, darkness and evil.

Some would say that what they have is known as OBamabirth Syndrome (better known as O the BS).

They simply cannot help themselves. Every forum on Topix they have brought up President Obama's birth (or most certainly will).

Such simple-minded, idiotic folk they are. Y'all don't bother by responding to me with your vile and mostly bile posts. I WILL ignore. Just rate it as your predisposed, so-called minds surely will and talk it out amongst yourselves and consider it a therapy-starter, idiots!"

Today, Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) is still in hiding. He may have changed locations. Only those in the know knows for sure. Stay tuned for more news about the Captain (the alleged Murderer).
Juan G13

Hayward, CA

#12976 Apr 26, 2012
dem blacks shoud leave before Mexican People gonna kill dem as OUR COUNTRY thes is no USA whites illegaly came over from london MEXICANS & DRUGS WIL FOREVER RUN WHITES OUT TO LONDON.

“ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END”

Since: Mar 12

IT'S BEEN NICE

#12977 Apr 26, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You know? I agree with you people on many points... including that Zimmerman is probably guilty.

But you sure do need to lose that "holier than thou" attitude.... especially zazz.

You're reminding me why I don't like extremist... right AND left!
That doesn't bother me in the least, if that is how you view it.
SpeakUp Useful Idiots

Houston, TX

#12978 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
For those counting the hours, this post will run on the hour until 5pm ET / 8pm PT. We can all thank Judy-IT Judy for its continual running. I know I do.
In meetings all day, so it may not be on the top of the hour, but it will be posted.
"They cannot help themselves.
Every time they hear or see "President Obama" and "birth" in the same sentence, it sends them into an uncontrollable and frantic seizure.
They twist and turn; they hem and haw. They speak with such gibberish that it renders them mute. You'd understand what comes out from between a horse's hind legs much better than the babble they utter.
No matter the topic in this life, you can be rest assured that it WILL eventually come around to President Obama and his birth. Just like clock-work.
The price of tea in China...but, oh yeah, President Obama isn't an American citizen. Peter O'Toole and Carey Grant never winning an Oscar...but, oh yeah, President Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.
Adam and Eve being banished from the Garden of Eden...but, oh yeah, President Obama's birth certificate isn't real. Man reaches the moon...but, oh yeah, President Obama was born overseas.
They will NEVER disappoint me with their predictability and deceit.
Their symptoms should not be confused with Tourette Syndrome (TS).
They have some common symptoms, such as socially inappropriate behaviors, Attention Deficit Disorder-like symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive-like symptoms, self-injurious behavior, anxiety, depression, impulsivity, hyperactivity, stuttering, stress, stammering, aggression and temper outbursts.
Oh my, many of those symptoms are displayed in this forum everyday, around the clock.
But do NOT be fooled. There are significant differences. TS is an inherited disorder; what they have is acquired. TS affects the nervous system; what they have affects their entire body, mind and soul. TS is found in all populations; what they have is found ONLY among the foolish of the foolish.
The cause of TS is unknown; what they have is caused by hatred, ignorance, vile, bigotry and a host of other evils. There is no known cure for TS; there are MANY cures for what ails them.
They are as bulls in a china shop, just messing up things. But a better analogy would be that they are as snakes bellying in the dark caverns of vile, filth, darkness and evil.
Some would say that what they have is known as OBamabirth Syndrome (better known as O the BS).
They simply cannot help themselves. Every forum on Topix they have brought up President Obama's birth (or most certainly will).
Such simple-minded, idiotic folk they are. Y'all don't bother by responding to me with your vile and mostly bile posts. I WILL ignore. Just rate it as your predisposed, so-called minds surely will and talk it out amongst yourselves and consider it a therapy-starter, idiots!"
Today, Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) is still in hiding. He may have changed locations. Only those in the know knows for sure. Stay tuned for more news about the Captain (the alleged Murderer).
This Azz Clown is a Laugh a Minute
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#12979 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't bother me in the least, if that is how you view it.
It never bothers extremists to be thought of that way.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#12980 Apr 26, 2012
One Term President wrote:
Hell 2,250 Blacks have been Killed by other Blacks since Trayvon was shot.
Not a GD word from the Negro Leaders, you'd think they would be out marching.
Their motto: Mo momey for the rest of us.
cjrian

United States

#12981 Apr 26, 2012
Christo1 wrote:
For those counting the hours, this post will run on the hour until 5pm ET / 8pm PT. We can all thank Judy-IT Judy for its continual running. I know I do.
In meetings all day, so it may not be on the top of the hour, but it will be posted.
"They cannot help themselves.
Every time they hear or see "President Obama" and "birth" in the same sentence, it sends them into an uncontrollable and frantic seizure.
They twist and turn; they hem and haw. They speak with such gibberish that it renders them mute. You'd understand what comes out from between a horse's hind legs much better than the babble they utter.
No matter the topic in this life, you can be rest assured that it WILL eventually come around to President Obama and his birth. Just like clock-work.
The price of tea in China...but, oh yeah, President Obama isn't an American citizen. Peter O'Toole and Carey Grant never winning an Oscar...but, oh yeah, President Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.
Adam and Eve being banished from the Garden of Eden...but, oh yeah, President Obama's birth certificate isn't real. Man reaches the moon...but, oh yeah, President Obama was born overseas.
They will NEVER disappoint me with their predictability and deceit.
Their symptoms should not be confused with Tourette Syndrome (TS).
They have some common symptoms, such as socially inappropriate behaviors, Attention Deficit Disorder-like symptoms, Obsessive-Compulsive-like symptoms, self-injurious behavior, anxiety, depression, impulsivity, hyperactivity, stuttering, stress, stammering, aggression and temper outbursts.
Oh my, many of those symptoms are displayed in this forum everyday, around the clock.
But do NOT be fooled. There are significant differences. TS is an inherited disorder; what they have is acquired. TS affects the nervous system; what they have affects their entire body, mind and soul. TS is found in all populations; what they have is found ONLY among the foolish of the foolish.
The cause of TS is unknown; what they have is caused by hatred, ignorance, vile, bigotry and a host of other evils. There is no known cure for TS; there are MANY cures for what ails them.
They are as bulls in a china shop, just messing up things. But a better analogy would be that they are as snakes bellying in the dark caverns of vile, filth, darkness and evil.
Some would say that what they have is known as OBamabirth Syndrome (better known as O the BS).
They simply cannot help themselves. Every forum on Topix they have brought up President Obama's birth (or most certainly will).
Such simple-minded, idiotic folk they are. Y'all don't bother by responding to me with your vile and mostly bile posts. I WILL ignore. Just rate it as your predisposed, so-called minds surely will and talk it out amongst yourselves and consider it a therapy-starter, idiots!"
Today, Captain Zimmerman (the alleged Murderer) is still in hiding. He may have changed locations. Only those in the know knows for sure. Stay tuned for more news about the Captain (the alleged Murderer).
Is that rant supposed to be an example of WHY one should not drink before breakfast?

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#12982 Apr 26, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I never gave much credence to the profiling issue that was brought up. I've always felt the case on it was weak.
But then I guess a simply question is, did Zimmerman pursue Tray because he wore a hoodie? Or because he was black? Combine that with the 911 tapes and it's food for thought.
But I still don't think it's enough for the DOJ to do anything.
And I certainly don't believe he'll be convicted of anything substantial either.
Zimmerman wasn't even sure Trayvon was black. He was ask if he was hispanic, Zimmerman replied, "I Think He Is Black".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,262,080
Time to go? 8 min the truth is the ... 2,278
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 23 min actorvet 60,794
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 27 min actorvet 336,245
News Obama: 'I think if I ran I could win, but I can't' 32 min R12 Freon 2
News Republicans, Netanyahu Rip Iran Nuke Deal 32 min actorvet 106
News Vietnamese-American community, at a glance 43 min Nha Trang 26
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 194,359
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr IND 189,801
More from around the web