Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#78398 Oct 26, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it, a seventeen year old walking at seven in the evening with a packet of skittles and an iced tea should NOT be followed by a wannabe cop with a gun.
Nobody deserves that, even you.
Face it, you're a lying sack of shit ignoramus and GZ was found not guilty. Now back to working the parking lots of rap concerts.
1 post removed
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78400 Oct 26, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that time no. The cop got lucky, unlike his wife who was getting beat up by him at home, probably when he was drunk on another occasion, or occasions. Of course she backed off on her claims, most of the women who file charges do because they are afraid of what will happen to them. Not that it does any good. I'm sure Zimmerman beat her up anyway.
Love that K-Mart crystal ball you're using. You seem to be "sure' of a lot of things you have no evidence of. How about a more practical explanation? Zim and his GF weren't getting along and probably argued a lot. She filed a restraining order against him out of spite. After all, if she got "beat up" then why didn't she ever call the police? Why did she never go to a hospital? Why did she not seek any kind of help?

Much like the Martin case, you guys on the left create these wild made-up stories that have so many holes it's hard to decide which one to plug first.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78401 Oct 26, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
He shouldn't have been chasing a kid with a gun. The fact that the kid could fight better than his wife, when he chose to start beating up on her was the only reason he didn't beat him to death. He just couldn't accept the fact that he couldn't beat up a kid and so he shot him. Typical psycho.
He chased Martin for about ten seconds. Martin easily outran him. Then Zimmerman spent the next several minutes talking to the police dispatcher--more than enough time for Martin to crawl home if he wanted. But Martin didn't do that. Martin waited for Zimmerman in the dark instead of going back to the place he was staying at. It's clear that Martin planned a retaliation attack. When he launched his attack, Zimmerman fought back. The only reason he used his gun is because Martin discovered it on him while he was beating the hell out of Zimmerman. Zimmerman had no choice but to shoot Martin. It was either that, or Martin taking his gun and shooting him. Zimmerman made the right decision.
Spike

Akron, OH

#78402 Oct 26, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, he shot himself and stuck the gun in Zimmerman's hand.
Anyhings possible. Years ago a African from South Bend died from 22 stab wounds in his back and the cause of death was ruled a suicide and no one disagreed.
5 posts removed

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#78408 Oct 26, 2013
Natty Bumppo wrote:
<quoted text>Thank God for people like Zim, taking care of the black savage criminals on the street. Little Bare Ass, the bleeding heart liberal brainwashed dumbass. Bet he lives right along with Blacks on either side of his shack. Hahahahahahahhaahhaah,.
Exactly......
3 posts removed
PATRIOT DVC

Ixtepec, Mexico

#78412 Oct 27, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what my credibility is with you? An ignorant racist, black hater. I showed you the proof you demanded and you didn't like it. Of course it was never offered in court as evidence. His attorneys managed to squelch it because it wasn't the original tape.
Well using the original would avoid situations like the NBC tape that was altered. At least what was shown at the trial was EVIDENCE and FACTS which when presented proved a NOT GUILTY verdict. That's all that counts. I like 45 cal handguns for self defense. The leave bigger holes!
PATRIOT DVC

Ixtepec, Mexico

#78413 Oct 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
... that cheap handgun he got at a gun show because someone like you with no morals was all to happy to sell him the gun and the NRA insists you have the 'right' to sell to complete strangers.
The above post easily wins the idiot of the year award. He spews about selling to "strangers" as though every gun dealer should only sell firearms to his next door neighbor hahaha. I guess the guys working in Cabelas should walk around town shaking hands and getting to know EVERYONE so they can sell firearms without "risking" offending our stupid liberal brethren hahaha.
1 post removed
Recthomas Fuller

Buffalo, NY

#78415 Oct 27, 2013
Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>

Quotes without reputable links are NOT EVIDENCE.

Besides, those charges were reduced, and they do not reflect what really happened in the bar when Zimmerman got between his friend and an ATF undercover agent.

You can't dispute the Evidence, boy.

And that Evidence proves that George Zimmerman is a man who is not afraid to back his friends in a fight.

And that Evidence also proves that you post so often you barely got time to suck a pr!ck.

Fantasize much?
Is that why they call him barefool?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78416 Oct 27, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text>A cheap handgun he bought from another criminal who likely stole it from a legal gun dealer. Gun dealers have to have bars on their doors to keep thugs from breaking in. Sometimes trucks and tow chains will defeat that security.
Most gun owners I know will not sell a weapon to a person who does not have CWP, regardless of a law allowing a non felon to carry a handgun in their glove box or home.
Only douchebags and morons will sell to anyone.
Ole bare back and animals like him sell more guns to criminals in one day than all guns sold at gun shows in a year

These punks are anti gun only because they don't want their victims armed or they may end up like ashtray

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78417 Oct 27, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text>The last time I checked NYC only has 850 permit holders, not counting retired Law Enforcement. New York State permits are not good in NYC,which is irrational at best

However, in the case of the biker swarm. I doubt a handgun would have been of much use. It also could have led to the death or injury of bystanders because a novice would not have checked his background before firing. NY'S laws have change and I am not sure if the castle doctrine applies to an automobile. When I lived in NY , there was no castle doctrine. You had to retreat even if you were in your own home and had the option of retreating.
A pistol would have stopped the bikers in their tracks

And even a novice can learn to shoot safely

After the third or fourth biker was shot in the head even the dumbest of these criminals would have backed off

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78418 Oct 27, 2013
Recthomas Fuller wrote:
<quoted text>Is that why they call him barefool?
Bare back because he does not make his homeies use condoms when they top him
2 posts removed
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78421 Oct 27, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text> The last time I checked NYC only has 850 permit holders, not counting retired Law Enforcement. New York State permits are not good in NYC,which is irrational at best
However, in the case of the biker swarm. I doubt a handgun would have been of much use. It also could have led to the death or injury of bystanders because a novice would not have checked his background before firing. NY'S laws have change and I am not sure if the castle doctrine applies to an automobile. When I lived in NY , there was no castle doctrine. You had to retreat even if you were in your own home and had the option of retreating.
Anybody who takes a course for CCW is trained to look "downrange" before firing a gun.

The point I make about that situation unlikely to happen in my state is not because the driver would have gunned down the attackers, but because the criminals would have to suspect that he had a firearm. They would have to consider that the driver could very well be armed and launching such an attack could easily get themselves killed.

It reminds me of a debate I was having with another blogger when the legislatures introduced the CCW law. He asked why I wanted it to pass? I explained that besides the obvious, I worry about my mother. She never drove a car in her life and walks everywhere she can. She loves her walks to the church, the store, grocery shopping and the neighbors. The neighborhood isn't what it used to be. He then replied asking that if the law passed, would my elderly mother carry a firearm? To that I replied, no she wouldn't, but the criminal doesn't know that.

Lawbreakers like certainty--or at least as much certainty as they can have before committing a crime. When you have an armed society, you bring uncertainty to the criminals. In my state, we have something like 400,000 CCW holders and the classes are still full--some with waiting lists.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78422 Oct 27, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text>LOl, No one would sell a gun to a guy like barefoot. He probably is unable to buy one legally in any state. Being a felon and all restricts you ability to legally buy a lot of things
Ole bareback is slinging guns on his corner just like he sells he mom, sisters, daughters and crack.........

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78423 Oct 27, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text>Head sots at moving targets a tricky at best. If the guy had a gun he could have gone for center mass. Every instructor I ever had teaches you to go for center mass in a shooing situation using a handgun
You are correct except for the fact that when seated in a SUV and a punk walks up to your window center mass would mean shooting thru your car door.....

But when a animal has his face a inch from your window a head shot is very easy to make.......

And then you only need to buy a new window.....

Killing a animal and then paying to fix the car door and window regulator takes all the fun out of shooting these wild animals.....

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78424 Oct 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Anybody who takes a course for CCW is trained to look "downrange" before firing a gun.

The point I make about that situation unlikely to happen in my state is not because the driver would have gunned down the attackers, but because the criminals would have to suspect that he had a firearm. They would have to consider that the driver could very well be armed and launching such an attack could easily get themselves killed.

It reminds me of a debate I was having with another blogger when the legislatures introduced the CCW law. He asked why I wanted it to pass? I explained that besides the obvious, I worry about my mother. She never drove a car in her life and walks everywhere she can. She loves her walks to the church, the store, grocery shopping and the neighbors. The neighborhood isn't what it used to be. He then replied asking that if the law passed, would my elderly mother carry a firearm? To that I replied, no she wouldn't, but the criminal doesn't know that.

Lawbreakers like certainty--or at least as much certainty as they can have before committing a crime. When you have an armed society, you bring uncertainty to the criminals. In my state, we have something like 400,000 CCW holders and the classes are still full--some with waiting lists.
100 percent correct

If in Zims neighborhood their were big signs saying that security carries guns when Zim asked ashtray where he was going ashtray out of fear would not have started the confrontation

Just the thought that Zim may have been armed would have saved the punks life for another day and another good man would have shot him

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#78425 Oct 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
I worry about my mother.
You don't have to worry about your mother, she is ugly and fat, and gives it away anyway... one would only have to be patient... clearly: she is your mother.

And now that she gets her welfare put straight into the bank, she isn't going to be carrying cash.
PATRIOT DVC

Ixtepec, Mexico

#78426 Oct 27, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text> Head sots at moving targets a tricky at best. If the guy had a gun he could have gone for center mass. Every instructor I ever had teaches you to go for center mass in a shooing situation using a handgun
Two in the chest one in the head does it every time. Its called the Mozambique Drill. The 9mm is a puny cartridge. Self defense requires the best of the best.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78427 Oct 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to worry about your mother, she is ugly and fat, and gives it away anyway... one would only have to be patient... clearly: she is your mother.

And now that she gets her welfare put straight into the bank, she isn't going to be carrying cash.
Once again ole bare back proves he was beaten to a pulp..........

Every time he is proven a moron or liar he is forced to revert to his rants

They will either contain his gay sex fantasies or he will pretend that he knows who a posters family is yet he can't even tell us their real name

Common thing for animals to do........

They don't realize how stupid it makes them look.......

“Facts”

Location hidden

#78428 Oct 27, 2013
PATRIOT DVC wrote:
<quoted text>Two in the chest one in the head does it every time. Its called the Mozambique Drill. The 9mm is a puny cartridge. Self defense requires the best of the best.
We call it a triple tap

Yes a will take a jacked up hot 40sw hand load any day compared to. 9mm or even a 45
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78429 Oct 27, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We call it a triple tap
Yes a will take a jacked up hot 40sw hand load any day compared to. 9mm or even a 45
While no expert, I say a 9mm with hollow points is all you really need unless you are taking on a gang or something. I always worry about what the bullet will do once it goes through my subject. The less kickback, the more accuracy. As we were taught, shooting at pieces of cardboard and shooting at real people that are moving or shooting back at you are two different things. I hope I never find out, but it's always good information to have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Now a New York pizzeria faces a Pizzagatea threats 2 min Extasy5142 2
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 4 min True Judgment 464
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 7 min Vulva2976 14,851
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Just call me ABE 2 253,419
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 17 min Tango8776 13,150
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 min Susanm 312,821
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Grey Ghost 1,459,445
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 31 min Lips9431 1,117
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 41 min Licks7319 404,198
More from around the web