Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Huh

Faribault, MN

#74671 Sep 11, 2013
Jit wrote:
I don't cli off on links given by trash like you....Don't want virus in my PC.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74672 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gang culture is not a race thing at all."
^That^ is the biggest load of crap I have read today so far.
This IS a discussion of race in America.
Yes there are gangs of all colors.
Tell me about the gangs that are rainbow gangs, and make a point of having a diverse membership.
No, race can not be left out of it. The FBI's statistics on gun deaths in this country show that over 80% of ALL gun deaths in America, are blacks shooting other blacks.
It is not racist to talk about what to do about changing that sad fact of just who is shooting the VAST amjority of black people in this country.
Are you saying we should just shut up and let them shoot each other? How does that solve anything concerning stopping gun crimes?
There is white gangs black gangs Asian gangs I have seen many biker groups with all colors. Heck even the Amish have gangs....
STOP MAKING IT SOUND LIKE ONLY COLORED PEOPLE ARE IN GANGS AND CRIME......THAT IS BS AND YOUR LYING.

Racism is ugly and it makes people who are racist ugly.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74673 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this where I get to seriously ask you to engage in an honest discussion of the gang culture and how it is killing our youth?
Is this the point where you will honestly begin the discussion and avoid making it a black/white thing?
<quoted text>
So your answer is "no, this is not where Huh will engage in an honest discussion."?
I WAS HONEST YOU WERE LYING..........There is gangs of all colors. STOP THE RACISM.
1 post removed
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74675 Sep 11, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be more concerned about the virus that's eating away at your brain if I were you.
Hey numbnut!...ever hear of a web proxy?
...ever hear of antivirus protection?
Yes but people like you who can openly show how they are traitors to the USA and the Constitution most likely have viruses that wont be fixed by anti-virus.

Cant trust demonic people like you.
3 posts removed
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74679 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gang culture is not a race thing at all."
^That^ is the biggest load of crap I have read today so far.
This IS a discussion of race in America.
Yes there are gangs of all colors.
Tell me about the gangs that are rainbow gangs, and make a point of having a diverse membership.
No, race can not be left out of it. The FBI's statistics on gun deaths in this country show that over 80% of ALL gun deaths in America, are blacks shooting other blacks.
It is not racist to talk about what to do about changing that sad fact of just who is shooting the VAST amjority of black people in this country.
Are you saying we should just shut up and let them shoot each other? How does that solve anything concerning stopping gun crimes?
You are correct. There is no diversity where gangs are concerned. The biggest threat to the black community are inner-city black gangs, the thug culture that goes with them, poor educational opportunities and/or interest, drugs, irresponsible breeding, and the government supported welfare system.

No, we should not sit back and let them kill each other. An entire generation of young people are being destroyed and the growing anger based on ignorance, gangs, and the thug culture is a ticking time bomb; a time bomb that is already leaching out of the inner-city as illustrated by the death of an infant in a baby carriage, an Australian baseball player, and a WW II vet and yes, even Trayvon Martin.

One has to wonder why those bigots, both black and white who post on this thread have not realized the common problem that we all face.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74680 Sep 11, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!...You give me way to much credit!
But thank you for the confidence you have in my abilities.
If you could at least gain 'a fraction' of them you might start to embark down a road that leads to true happiness, as opposed to the road that has lead you to be unmistakenly miserable and self destructive.
Good Bye.
I am happy in my own life. I do fear for this nation and world when there is so many nasty evil slime like you still alive. In 2013 it is shocking how many Nazi fascist KKK pigs like you are still alive and around...

I live in a northern state so guess don't see many of your ilk.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74681 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
One has to wonder why those bigots, both black and white who post on this thread have not realized the common problem that we all face.
Yes, guns come into these murders, massacres and shootings - perhaps there is a "thread" there?
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74682 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS HONEST YOU WERE LYING..........There is gangs of all colors. STOP THE RACISM.
Of course there are gangs of all colors, but you will find that almost all gangs are gangs of one color.

The gangs that threatens inner-city black people are black.

It is not racist to point out the destruction of the inner-city and the part that black gangs are playing in it. In fact, it might be considered racist if one cries race every time some one points out the doom that is going on in our cities.

We all should be concerned about what is going on in our cities. Blacks, including the so called leaders who deny or excuse are part of the problem. Black people have to be in the forefront of solving the problem, and crying racism just will not cut it.

If I have a tooth ache and I deny the pain and blame the dentist who did not discover the decayed tooth at my last appointment, I will never get relief. Forget the blame, fill the tooth.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74683 Sep 11, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
Zimmer's attorney says there was a gun in the vehicle.?
Mark O'Mara, who nonetheless stressed that his client says he didn't use it to threaten anyone. "The gun was holstered under his shirt, and it stayed there the whole time,"

Mrs. Zimmerman and anyone else should be concerned about whether Zimmie has a gun - under, over, below, or up his shirt.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74684 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
There is white gangs black gangs Asian gangs I have seen many biker groups with all colors. Heck even the Amish have gangs....
STOP MAKING IT SOUND LIKE ONLY COLORED PEOPLE ARE IN GANGS AND CRIME......THAT IS BS AND YOUR LYING.
Racism is ugly and it makes people who are racist ugly.
You just do not get it do you.

It is your claim.
I have said nothing about only black gangs Mr. Huh. I clearly said that there are in fact gangs of all colors.
I asked you to engage in and discuss the fact ... from the FBI's statistics ... that in those gangs of ALL colors, the black gang culture is killing each other to the tune of OVER 80% of ALL gun deaths in this country.

That is a fact. It needs addressed. It is the single biggest group of gun deaths there is ... blacks shooting other blacks.

Why do you run from that fact? Why do you cry "racism" where none exists? Factual statistical numbers are not racist Mr. Huh, they are simply numbers. They are numbers that show where the biggest tally of gun deaths is occuring.
Do you have anything to offer concerning how we could realistically address that sad fact, and try to stop the bloodshed in our streets?
It is red blood that is being spilled. It is being spilled 4 times as often as ANY other source. It is black on black crime.
Can a black be racist to another black?
Can a white be racist to other whites?

What do you have to offer to address those deplorable black gun death numbers?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74685 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I clearly wrote "Yes there are gangs of all colors."

You can read I assume.

Why do you run from some simple numbers?
Pointing out the numbers is racist?
What a foolish thing for you to claim.

I point to an alarming statistical number from the FBI's database, and you call me a racist for asking you to explore why those numbers exist in such a lopsided fashion.

Whites, reds, yellows, browns, and any and all other "colors" of people are NOT shooting OVER 80% of our black youth Mr. Huh.
Other blacks are shooting their own.

What can you offer to address that sad fact?
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74686 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, guns come into these murders, massacres and shootings - perhaps there is a "thread" there?
When I made that post I was thinking about the plight the inner-city. That is the one central problem that faces our cities and threatens to explode across the country.

Guns are the tools of destructions that are used often to kill, both in our cities and in rural America. That applies to the gangbangers and the country people who own shotguns, pistols, and automatic weapons. It looks like this country does not have the stomach do anything about controlling or regulating guns.

We are in a round robin. Criminals have guns. People want guns to protect themselves from criminals.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74687 Sep 11, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be more concerned about the virus that's eating away at your brain if I were you.
Hey numbnut!...ever hear of a web proxy?
...ever hear of antivirus protection?
Speaking of protection.
Ask him if he ever heard of condo ...
Never mind.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74688 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are gangs of all colors, but you will find that almost all gangs are gangs of one color.
The gangs that threatens inner-city black people are black.
It is not racist to point out the destruction of the inner-city and the part that black gangs are playing in it. In fact, it might be considered racist if one cries race every time some one points out the doom that is going on in our cities.
We all should be concerned about what is going on in our cities. Blacks, including the so called leaders who deny or excuse are part of the problem. Black people have to be in the forefront of solving the problem, and crying racism just will not cut it.
If I have a tooth ache and I deny the pain and blame the dentist who did not discover the decayed tooth at my last appointment, I will never get relief. Forget the blame, fill the tooth.
Lying is wrong......You should stop. Inner cities were destroyed when greedy companies out sourced jobs to COMMIE CHINA AND CARTEL MEXICO.

It is not color that is problem it is POVERTY. Where whites are in poverty they are in gangs and crime...IT IS POVERTY NOT RACE........

Until you old Nazi KKK pigs cant stop your hate and racism BS and look at real problem nothing will change.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74689 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
I clearly wrote "Yes there are gangs of all colors."
You can read I assume.
Why do you run from some simple numbers?
Pointing out the numbers is racist?
What a foolish thing for you to claim.
I point to an alarming statistical number from the FBI's database, and you call me a racist for asking you to explore why those numbers exist in such a lopsided fashion.
Whites, reds, yellows, browns, and any and all other "colors" of people are NOT shooting OVER 80% of our black youth Mr. Huh.
Other blacks are shooting their own.
What can you offer to address that sad fact?
Poverty is the problem not race...

Wherever you find poverty you find gangs and violence.......STOP YOUR NAZI KKK BLAME COLORED PEOPLE BS OK HITLER BOY.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74690 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. There is no diversity where gangs are concerned. The biggest threat to the black community are inner-city black gangs, the thug culture that goes with them, poor educational opportunities and/or interest, drugs, irresponsible breeding, and the government supported welfare system.
No, we should not sit back and let them kill each other. An entire generation of young people are being destroyed and the growing anger based on ignorance, gangs, and the thug culture is a ticking time bomb; a time bomb that is already leaching out of the inner-city as illustrated by the death of an infant in a baby carriage, an Australian baseball player, and a WW II vet and yes, even Trayvon Martin.
Man is an animal, and therefore by his very nature alone, is generally blind to his own foilables.
Logic and reason are a learned approach to living together, and they are hard for the animal man to grasp ... let alone master.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74691 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty is the problem not race...
Wherever you find poverty you find gangs and violence.......STOP YOUR NAZI KKK BLAME COLORED PEOPLE BS OK HITLER BOY.
It is you who are claiming that race is the problem. You will not find that in my words Mr. Huh. You blame whitey for all your problems and the problems of blacks.

You bitch about rich people and how greedy they are and that they outsourced jobs because they are so greedy and nasty because they have money and you do not.
Then you turn around and say that money will solve the problems that plague the poor OF ALL COLORS in our cities.
You seem to think that only black people are capable of being in poverty.
You talk as if only black people have had it bad. That is a weak and dangerous position to place one's self in.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74692 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
When I made that post I was thinking about the plight the inner-city. That is the one central problem that faces our cities and threatens to explode across the country.
Guns are the tools of destructions that are used often to kill, both in our cities and in rural America. That applies to the gangbangers and the country people who own shotguns, pistols, and automatic weapons. It looks like this country does not have the stomach do anything about controlling or regulating guns.
We are in a round robin. Criminals have guns. People want guns to protect themselves from criminals.
It is not the tool which needs controlled and regulated by the state Grandpa. You know that.

You do know that because you then wrote this;

"We are in a round robin. Criminals have guns. People want guns to protect themselves from criminals."
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74693 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you who are claiming that race is the problem. You will not find that in my words Mr. Huh. You blame whitey for all your problems and the problems of blacks.
You bitch about rich people and how greedy they are and that they outsourced jobs because they are so greedy and nasty because they have money and you do not.
Then you turn around and say that money will solve the problems that plague the poor OF ALL COLORS in our cities.
You seem to think that only black people are capable of being in poverty.
You talk as if only black people have had it bad. That is a weak and dangerous position to place one's self in.
NO NO NO..F-ING JERK DONT TWIST WHAT I SAID LIAR....Race is not the problem and it is you who said it was.

POVERTY IS THE PROBLEM,.....Now if you don't like facts lets end our chat since your lies drive me crazy and wont waste time arguing with an idiot like you.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74694 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys do not like to look at the big picture and you do not like to look at guns as being part of the problem.

Unless you do, you will continue to tribalize the issues and try and pit one group of amerikkkkans against another and not look at the common thread of guns.

There is no hope for you guys - it will come from the younger generation of rational and reasoned thinkers who want our country to succeed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Truth is might 315,275
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) 11 min Frindly 291
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 29 min Scout Larry 16,892
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 30 min Truth is might 24,371
News Naked man arrested was high on LSD chasing seag... 30 min anonymous 1
News Time to settle immigration debate, once and for... 35 min HOLLA ISABELLA 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min Quirky 1,565,661
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 55 min CodeTalker 279,910
News Can Trump pardon anyone? Himself? Can he fire M... 2 hr Palin s Turkey Th... 62
News Democrats, civil rights group aim to block Trum... 5 hr RoxLo 147
More from around the web