Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#73580 Aug 29, 2013
Session_Whine wrote:
<quoted text>I guess his wife forgot about the beating he gave her. Oh wait, that is why she lied for him. She is afraid.
She is indeed. She knew she had better perjure herself or pay the price.

He'll divorce his sorry ass after the dust settles.

Did you see her interview?

Location hidden

#73581 Aug 29, 2013
Session_Whine wrote:
<quoted text>You definitely did not attend college with that diatribe. You must be very popular in your town. Aren't you embarrassed?
He must be embarrassed. He posts under dozens of names and locations.
1 post removed
Truth

Rome, GA

#73583 Aug 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
The Florida investigative journalist who is the first reporter to sit down with George Zimmerman’s wife, Shellie, said that during their “stunning” hourlong interview, the acquitted killer’s wife said that her husband has “beaten down her self-esteem,” but she is “looking forward to getting her life back.”

Christi O’Connor spoke with ABCNews.com today about her experience locking down an interview with Shellie Zimmerman as the media focused its attention on her husband, who was acquitted of second-degree murder charges in the death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, in Sanford, Fla., in February 2012.

“When I asked her why she was doing [the interview], Shellie said,‘I want to start my life back.’ George Zimmerman has beaten down her self-esteem,” O’Connor told ABCNews.com , adding that Shellie is using this opportunity for a new start.“She has a moment in the spotlight. She wants everyone to know that she changed her life.”

Shellie also told O’Connor that the aftermath of the shooting and months until the trial put a major strain on the couple’s relationship.

“It put great stress on their marriage,” she said.“Constantly having to move. She got threats. A lot of threats. She doesn’t want to reveal from who…. They are constantly living under fear of being attacked.”

O’Connor, who is working on a book about the George Zimmerman trial, also hinted that there was evidence that was mishandled, saying that during the sensational trial,“there were so many untruths told.”

“What the jury never heard could have led to a different verdict,” she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/08...
The prosecution withheld evidence that would have shown the true Martin. The not guilty verdict would have come back a lot quicker if they released the evidence to the defense. The good thing is that if the Martins file suit against Zimmerman we will all see what a wonderful child the pedophile Martin was.
Truth

Rome, GA

#73584 Aug 29, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>Subrina's gonna have to loosen up those purse strings that she has so greedily been clutching onto and share the wealth.

I bet they've already started to hide all their ill-gotten gains when they realized that they might well indeed be held liable for the piss poor way they raised their thug.

I bet Subrina threw a conniption fit when she was told that she most likely is gonna have to pony up!

Bwahahahahaha.....gotta love it!
I hope they lose everything like Zimmerman did. Zimmerman will definitely collect. I hope he sues the pansy panther party as well. I doubt they have much.
2 posts removed
Truth

Rome, GA

#73587 Aug 29, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Grandpa, if you "oppose the government violating anybody's civil rights," then surely you must not deride the leaders who oppose Bloomberg's unconstitutional stop and frisk policies.

Well over 80%, probably over 90% of those stopped and frisked have done nothing wrong, broke no law. Many have been stopped many times.

Now, please do not think that stopping and frisking people on account of the race of criminals is a good thing. It is NOT. In your analogy, you fail to mention the many White men who have terrorized this nation, yet White men are not profiled on account of that.

You fail to mention the many White men who beat and kill their wives or girlfriends, yet White men are not profiled on account of that. You fail to mention the overwhelming amount of White men who are serial killers, yet White men are not profiled on account of that.

You see, if you want me to take in what you say, then it has to work both ways. If profiling is good for one race, then it HAS to be good for the other.

You mention something about the Black folk where you abide. Where are you located? I'm not sure as to your statement.

Your piece about voting concerns me. How come you favor such a card? Be careful what you wish for. Many states are against the federal government issuing a national ID card, and for good reasons. Many of those states have Republican governors. Libertarians also think that's not a good idea. It leads to a slippery slope.

Anyways, why do you think we need to revamp the voting laws as such? Has there been massive voting fraud cases that lead you to such concern? Do tell, let's say, over the past 15 years...how many cases have been brought for voter fraud?

Lets not fix what ain't broken. And especially don't let the federal government fix it.

Tell Grandma I said hi.
The stop and frisk was mostly carried out in neighborhoods over run by violence and murders. It was actually for the innocent citizens safety. I'm glad they are stopping. More thugs carrying guns and killing other thugs.
Truth

Rome, GA

#73588 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>As surely as I surmised when I posted that post, you just don't get it, truth (with a very tiny "t").

I don't give a damn how much money Captain Zimmermurderer comes into or doesn't come into, the bottom line is he will forever be destitute.

He has a poor soul. He is evil. Remember, on the Hannity/Zimmermurderer/O'Mara Entertainment-Fundraising Hour, he is the poor soul who said he had "no regrets." He's the one that proclaimed it was "God's Plan."

That arrogant non-convicted murderer will NEVER be wealthy.

It's been said many, many times and it deserves to be said here....

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?"
He shouldn't have regrets. He was attacked by a thug and he defended himself and like the juror said there was a trial that was a publicity stunt and his life has been turned upside down thanks to the race party. I hope he does own the morons and become wealthy.
1 post removed
Truth

Rome, GA

#73590 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>I stand by Facts...

The federal government has the non-convicted murderer's weapon and an investigation is currently underway.

If you think you got all the "i's" dotted and the "t's crossed, then go and tell the Department of Justice what they can and cannot do.

No need for YOU to tell me anything. I'll perhaps read what you post, but I'll never listen to anything you've got to say. Truth knows you not and you certainly no not Truth!
It's obvious you don't listen moron. Months before the trial I said what the facts are and he would be acquitted. Those same facts and reports I posted were offered at trial and he was acquitted. The fact that he was cleared by the Feds of racism was also said at trial and the Prosecution was told they could not play the race card at trial because he was cleared by the Feds. Looks like I've told the truth so far dimwit. Seems I know a little more about the case and how things work than you do. Here's one more fact for you dimwit and you can look it up. If they can't prove it was racially motivated there is no civil rights violation. LOL. You have been educated once again. You are welcome. You just don't know what I know. Go take some classes.
1 post removed
Truth

Rome, GA

#73592 Aug 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>If only Judge Zimmerman would have taught his son not to be a thug like he is maybe he could have saved his son. His list of victims will add up over the years, until he is caught again.
He taught his son how to defend himself and use a firearm. He done well dimwit. It saved him. LOL
Truth

Rome, GA

#73593 Aug 29, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>That policy has worked so well that New York is now actually a good place to live.

The city will continue to do fine as long as they keep on frisking the enwords.

But the minute they stop there will be dozens of dead enwords stinking the place up.
After a few small children get killed by stray bullets they will start blaming the police for not doing their jobs. It's a no win situation. As long as it is thugs killing thugs it's a win win.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#73594 Aug 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rosie.
Knowing it was written by the resident pervert should have given you a clue. He focuses on obesity, homosexuality, pedophilia, and other sexual perversions.
Those are his well-worn patented trademarks.

Truth's Door

#73595 Aug 29, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Martin's background was not good. Was he a member of the thug culture? If he was, did he really have a chance? There are many thousands of young black members of the thug culture. Saving them and future young blacks should be the civil right's establishment's greatest goal.
Your post is why I cannot take you seriously. You act as some neutral observer on this case but you trash the victim while leaving the non-convicted murderer alone.

Why do you not question the background of the child killer? Why do you pose negative questions of the child killer and then answer them with your "if he was" phrase?

You are content to pile on the victim while leaving the true and real thug untouched. You certainly do not fool me. I shall treat you as I treat the Resident Pervert bit Jit (aka BuffaLie BilLie).

You will feel most comfortable at the tip of my left boot.

I promise you will.

Truth's Door

#73596 Aug 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The stop and frisk was mostly carried out in neighborhoods over run by violence and murders. It was actually for the innocent citizens safety. I'm glad they are stopping. More thugs carrying guns and killing other thugs.
It doesn't matter where the policy was carried out.

It even doesn't matter the results of such a policy.

A violation of the constitution is a violation of the constitution.

I can think of many, many ways to reduce crime. But if it is unconstitutional, it is unconstitutional!
1 post removed

Location hidden

#73598 Aug 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they lose everything like Zimmerman did. Zimmerman will definitely collect. I hope he sues the pansy panther party as well. I doubt they have much.
Zimmerman lost nothing. Now he can afford to drive a new vehicle, travel, buy expensive guns instead of cheap ones, wear fat clothes that fit him, etc. The public paid for his defense through donations, it didn't cost him a dime.

He was living on welfare, unemployment, grants, student loans and food stamps. Not so today.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#73600 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I can think of many, many ways to reduce crime. But if it is unconstitutional, it is unconstitutional!
Racists don't believe the constitution applies for anyone but whites. WASPS.
JBH

Vancouver, Canada

#73601 Aug 29, 2013
US has a lot of problems right now.
A problem nation cannot go to do wrongly and badly on Syria. As the people in US ARE too SAD, US IS going through the syndrome of seeing how it turns out to be as THE PLANET is proceeding the direction that has to make sense--whether US can have resolve problems first within, that people still can breathe there as given such difficult bad times with no say and freedom value and so on.
THE WORLD THUMBS DOWN US while saying it is a remorseful and bad country.
When Bush had a few nations going with the Iraq case, which led to the bad nature of US getting the high costs and detriments. Yet Obama by saying acting alone would be worse disaster than the previous one of Iraq of Bush doing it.
When there was one war criminal Bush, just how many war criminals US would have?

As the people in US ARE too SAD, US IS going through the syndrome of seeing how it turns out to be as THE PLANET is proceeding the direction that has to make sense--whether US can have resolve within that people still can breathe there as given such difficult bad times with no say and freedom value and so on.

Yet, those who went along with Obama were dumped because he breaks their civil rights and freedom and spies on them.
Obama has left with no support these days, but being unlikeable, since Obama has done wrongly, especially including on his saying on Syria.

Obama by holding his wishy-washy thinking hoping to materialize his terror indulging and fantasy on Syria , makes him as a evil guilty creed, that he is going to suffer badly.
US IS UNDER WATCH From THE PLANET, THAT US IS DOING VERY BADLY AND WILL GET THE WORST TO COME BECAUSE the people in US ARE VERY SAD and are suffering.

Truth's Door

#73602 Aug 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you don't listen moron. Months before the trial I said what the facts are and he would be acquitted. Those same facts and reports I posted were offered at trial and he was acquitted. The fact that he was cleared by the Feds of racism was also said at trial and the Prosecution was told they could not play the race card at trial because he was cleared by the Feds. Looks like I've told the truth so far dimwit. Seems I know a little more about the case and how things work than you do. Here's one more fact for you dimwit and you can look it up. If they can't prove it was racially motivated there is no civil rights violation. LOL. You have been educated once again. You are welcome. You just don't know what I know. Go take some classes.
Whatever it is you think you know...

Write it on your pinky finger, then stick it up your stinkin butt and sit down!

Your sorrow butt will NEVER be able to educate me. Try as you might. You may be able to educate your fellow racist pals, but certainly and surely not me.

And if you persist in such woeful thinking, I shall tell you what you can do with your other pinky finger.

Try me!
2 posts removed
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#73605 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>

So you believe that should also apply to the assignation of American citizens without representation or affording them a trial of their peers?
1 post removed
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#73607 Aug 29, 2013
assassination

Location hidden

#73608 Aug 29, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The bloody head indicates that you are right about Zimmerman having his head slammed against the pavement. It is true that if Martin had gone home he would still be alive. It is also true that if Zimmerman had not followed him, Martin would still be alive. Before I can conclude fault here I must realize that I really do not know about the events that led up to the fight. Did Zimmerman threaten Martin and cause him to attack Zimmerman out of fear? Did Martin have a chip on his shoulder which caused him to jump Zimmerman simply because of anger? Not knowing that I must assume nothing. I do know that a young man is dead and another man is marked for life.
Martin's background was not good. Was he a member of the thug culture? If he was, did he really have a chance? There are many thousands of young black members of the thug culture. Saving them and future young blacks should be the civil right's establishment's greatest goal.
You are assuming the lies posted by racists are true. They are not.

Trayvon had a right to defend himself from the man who followed him, got out of his vehicle and chased him down.

The SCRATCHES on Zimmerman's head prove he did NOT hit the concrete. Anyone who has ever kissed concrete knows it's a trip to the ER with a concussion.

Zimmerman deserves to be marked for life. Shellie will dump his ass soon and all he will have is O'Mara.
1 post removed
Jit

Secaucus, NJ

#73610 Aug 29, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>

You are assuming the lies posted by racists are true. They are not.
Trayvon had a right to defend himself from the man who followed him, got out of his vehicle and chased him down.

The SCRATCHES on Zimmerman's head prove he did NOT hit the concrete. Anyone who has ever kissed concrete knows it's a trip to the ER with a concussion.

Zimmerman deserves to be marked for life. Shellie will dump his ass soon and all he will have is O'Mara.
And soon we will drop your big fat ass if we can ever find a hole big and deep enough to dump it in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Cornelius Scudmister 228,665
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 11 min Squach 1,187
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 19 min Responsibility 221
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min Aura Mytha 199,398
News Mayor of London Boris Johnson meets Hillary Cli... (Feb '15) 33 min Responsibility 21
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 47 min Weak Weak Weak 388,213
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 48 min Rosa_Winkel 13,115
News The Republican Party is dead 2 hr Quirky 1,798
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr OzRitz 1,395,640
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 5 hr WasteWater 331
More from around the web