Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,084

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#72046 Aug 3, 2013
Ilkwas wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking as an African American, I don’t hear the crying as much as I see the fear that some Caucasians have as the demographics and culture of the country changes. African Americans are thankful for our ancestors overcoming the mind set of white supremacy and physical violence of slavery and Jim Crow. Standing up for our rights and the rights of others is very American. Perhaps it is you that needs to go back to the cave that your ancestors dwelled in while the Africans created civilization.
``````````
For Katrisha…..
Posted on August 2, 2013 by sundance

Katrisha shares a valued comment:

It is difficult to feel welcome here as a black woman when blanket statements are tossed at will.
Many of “us” agree with much of what “you” say, but when blanket statements about our race are thrown,[[[[THINK of THAT from the other way around - you KNOW BOTH sides - if possible! Then make a 'decision'... WE Conservatives DO - AL]]] a) one automatically weakens their argument and b) it makes “us” who tend to agree, cringe or shy away.(shrugs)

There is a bigger “there” within that comment, which deserves expansion – and perhaps a greater understanding.
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/08/0...

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#72047 Aug 3, 2013
watermelons wrote:
Let me get off the computer. I have some intelligent Jehovah's Witnesses over here visiting. I definitely see the contrast. As a whole they are far more superior to you guys. Peaceful intelligent and happy, what a breath of fresh air. They advised me to stop absorbing the filth you guys are spewing. I definitely need to take their advice. I can't get them to read it. Smart aren't they. That is why there world is so much better. Have a good day.
They are only asking you to " stop absorbing the filth " because they want you to listen to theirs.

No different then Budweiser asking you to stop drinking Miller.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#72048 Aug 3, 2013
New Black Panther Party wrote:
George Zimmerman's vehicle was spotted in Albuquerque ,New Mexico approximately at 8:41 pm.He's still driving the 1998 Honda Ridgeline license plate number 748 ENK(Florida).This info is for concerned citizens only.Albuquerque be on the lookout for that vehicle
The New Black Panthers need a neck tie party.
1 post removed
Smar Tass

Stevensville, MD

#72050 Aug 4, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>They are only asking you to " stop absorbing the filth " because they want you to listen to theirs.
No different then Budweiser asking you to stop drinking Miller.
You're spot on regarding those idiotic Jehovah's Witnesses. I've had to heave a few of those clowns in my day; it seems that they enjoy being annoying.
Smar Tass

Stevensville, MD

#72051 Aug 4, 2013
watermelons wrote:
<quoted text>At least their doing something constructive with their lives while trying to help others. The world would be a much better place if more of them existed. My mother is actually one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She has more class in her pinky finger than some of you in your whole bodies. You guys wake up early in the morning running to badness. I'll bet the first thing many of you do is run to the computer and start typing in names of animals and cursing. Do you even get cleaned up first. You're racist. Mean while the witnesses are up early in the morning for a good cause. Getting their magazines ready and getting together to go out in field service. They could definitely use them in Chicago. Some of you have even admitted that you are older than 30years old.
Good god - what a noxious, odoriferous cloud of mental flatulence.

PHEW!

That said, Jehovah's Witnesses are superstitious fools, considering that their silly god is about as real as the Pillsbury Doughboy or the Michelin Man. I never have understood why people have to lean on the ethereal crutch of religion, especially when there is no supporting evidence for such absurd beliefs. Oh well, what can I expect from a drooling cadre of ignorant, talking anthropoids?

Incidentally, it's time for you to realize that people have the right to be racists - consult the First Amendment. People also have the right to be prejudicial, intolerant and bigoted, whether you like it or not.

It's called "freedom of association". If you don't believe me, ask any competent lawyer.
Smar Tass

Stevensville, MD

#72052 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>The New Black Panthers need a neck tie party.
I'd whack 'em.
Smar Tass

Stevensville, MD

#72053 Aug 4, 2013
Bigga Ghetto Butt Necks wrote:
<quoted text>
Watermelons, they are not more superior than you are.
They want to control you.
"Intelligent Jehovah's Witnesses"????

Oxymoronic.
watermelons

Cleveland, MS

#72054 Aug 4, 2013
Smar Tass wrote:
<quoted text>
Good god - what a noxious, odoriferous cloud of mental flatulence.
PHEW!
That said, Jehovah's Witnesses are superstitious fools, considering that their silly god is about as real as the Pillsbury Doughboy or the Michelin Man. I never have understood why people have to lean on the ethereal crutch of religion, especially when there is no supporting evidence for such absurd beliefs. Oh well, what can I expect from a drooling cadre of ignorant, talking anthropoids?
Incidentally, it's time for you to realize that people have the right to be racists - consult the First Amendment. People also have the right to be prejudicial, intolerant and bigoted, whether you like it or not.
It's called "freedom of association". If you don't believe me, ask any competent lawyer.
I am definitely glad we have freedom of association. I would have to kill myself if I had to associate with the likes of you. Jehovah's witnesses are definitely applauding their God Jehovah for such freedom.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#72056 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>The New Black Panthers need a neck tie party.
Definitely, provoking unwarranted revenge for a bogus arrest . This guy should be a wind chime.

Location hidden

#72057 Aug 4, 2013
watermelons wrote:
<quoted text>I am definitely glad we have freedom of association. I would have to kill myself if I had to associate with the likes of you. Jehovah's witnesses are definitely applauding their God Jehovah for such freedom.
Jehovah's witnesses are mindless sheep . Following a "literal" translation of the bible is not only clueless it is impossible . To literally follow a book that is comprised of folklore is for the truly mindless
Well

Bowling Green, KY

#72058 Aug 4, 2013
Zimmerman is Free and Traygone is DEAD and off to thugland, it's a wonderful day with much to be happy about. One less gigger to worry about.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#72059 Aug 4, 2013
watermelons wrote:
<quoted text>At least their doing something constructive with their lives while trying to help others. The world would be a much better place if more of them existed. My mother is actually one of Jehovah's Witnesses. She has more class in her pinky finger than some of you in your whole bodies. You guys wake up early in the morning running to badness. I'll bet the first thing many of you do is run to the computer and start typing in names of animals and cursing. Do you even get cleaned up first. You're racist. Mean while the witnesses are up early in the morning for a good cause. Getting their magazines ready and getting together to go out in field service. They could definitely use them in Chicago. Some of you have even admitted that you are older than 30years old.
I wish I was 30 years old again.

Rudely knocking on the doors of people who wish not to be bothered is not helping others, it's called being a pest. The guy that knocked on my door years ago wanting to sell me vacuum cleaners or encyclopedias was not helping me either. I know where to buy vacuum cleaners and I know where to find religion if I so desire. These people are not doing it for my benefit--they are doing it for theirs. It's the reason many cities have no solicitation laws.

"You're racist." Okay, so call me racist if it makes you feel good. But instead of trying to make me feel guilty because my racial views, did you ever ask yourself why some people are racist? Because when you call somebody racist, it implies that they are wrong somehow.

There are few who dislike or hate other groups of people because of how they look or what color their skin. People hold resentment of groups of people based on how they conduct themselves. When those groups of people are renown for their destruction and you've experienced it first hand, of course there is animosity. Blame the "racist" and not the people responsible for that person becoming a racist.
watermelons

Cleveland, MS

#72060 Aug 4, 2013
Bigga Ghetto Butt Necks wrote:
<quoted text>
Watermelons, they are not more superior than you are.
They want to control you.
Didn't mean to be offensive. Turned on computer yesterday and instantly saw racist comments from some people in forum. Reacted to those comments really fast as pay back. I realize Jehovah's Witnesses are not perfect,but most of them treat people with respect.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Kalamazoo, MI

#72061 Aug 4, 2013
What gets me is that so many black people (not all) are doing and saying to and about Zimmerman EXACTLY the same type of unfair, racist, and bigoted things they accuse others of doing to and saying about blacks.

Double-standard, much? Or is this an example of "black privilege"?
2 posts removed
watermelons

Cleveland, MS

#72064 Aug 4, 2013
Rebel Against Tyranny wrote:
What gets me is that so many black people (not all) are doing and saying to and about Zimmerman EXACTLY the same type of unfair, racist, and bigoted things they accuse others of doing to and saying about blacks.
You're right there is a lot of disgusting things being said by all races. It's definitely not right to pass judgement on everybody just because you don't like comments that a few people made. Many people are not bothered by what others say but some are. It's just a shame that all races can't live in peace. These scriptures may be helpful-James chapter 3 verses 8 through 10.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#72065 Aug 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>We know you'd use the open-mouth approach, HomoOne.

Wipe your chin, dear.
More gay sex fantasies
watermelons

Cleveland, MS

#72066 Aug 4, 2013
xxxrayted, A lot of people are offended by the statement that I made. I honestly didn't know so many hateful people existed in this world. I grew up in a peaceful environment. I don't go to the Kingdom Hall of JW now, but when I did go everybody of all races got along well. I am really shocked by all the name calling, and some people are experts at it. It's an amazing talent. I have sense enough to know that Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only decent intelligent people in the world. Here is a scripture that may be beneficial for many of us- James chapter 3 verses 8 through 9. I'm not a religious person but I do read scriptures every now and then.

Location hidden

#72067 Aug 4, 2013
Rebel Against Tyranny wrote:
Double standard for sure Blacks can do or say what they please about white people White people are racist for saying the same things about blacks This only white people are racists crap is wearing thin .

Before the Zimmerman lynching I had zero animosity towards blacks. Now I feel they have brought the attitude people have towards some blacks upon themselves , by their racist comments

Not one black person on this thread has engaged in an actual discussion . The media invented the term white Hispanic to incite racism I guess they have succeeded in their quest to promote hate of a man who was doing nothing, but defending himself

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#72068 Aug 4, 2013
SC Redneck_2 wrote:
<quoted text> Double standard for sure Blacks can do or say what they please about white people White people are racist for saying the same things about blacks
You hear the word "racist" around all your posts, that is for sure, and it has nothing to do with what color of skin you are.

You are a racist.

Are you white?

The statement that only whites are racists, of course, is cr@p.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#72069 Aug 4, 2013
watermelons wrote:
xxxrayted, A lot of people are offended by the statement that I made. I honestly didn't know so many hateful people existed in this world. I grew up in a peaceful environment. I don't go to the Kingdom Hall of JW now, but when I did go everybody of all races got along well. I am really shocked by all the name calling, and some people are experts at it. It's an amazing talent. I have sense enough to know that Jehovah's Witnesses are not the only decent intelligent people in the world. Here is a scripture that may be beneficial for many of us- James chapter 3 verses 8 through 9. I'm not a religious person but I do read scriptures every now and then.
I can't see getting offended by the way somebody feels. You can't change the way you feel. You either feel a certain way or you don't. I only get offended at personal insults. That is what's uncalled for and that's why you'll never see me do that except in response to a personal attack.

Sure people of different races can get along at a church, at work, at a bowling alley, at movie theater. But it's a different thing when you are talking living with each other because blacks and whites live very differently.

As I said before, people of different races can live together peacefully, but people of different cultures can't. Many blacks when moving into a white community will bring their ghetto ways with them. They're not about to change for anybody. As they preponderate, it causes white flight, and those who had to abandon their home will hold resentment towards the group of people that are responsible for that action.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,110,819
Bill Maher Takes Aim at Minnesota Congressman 3 min Obama Bad 75
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Sunnier 262,642
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 min Captain Yesterday 32,664
Hurdles for ObamaCare in 2nd sign-up season 7 min Captain Yesterday 10
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min litesong 46,701
Senator blasts revolving door from D.C. to Wall... 8 min Obama Bad 18
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Demonicrats 153,723
Obama thanks Congress for vote to aid Syrian re... 1 hr barefoot2626 65
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 1 hr barefoot2626 290
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••