Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66308 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

The Truth

Santa Clara, CA

#71856 Aug 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, Mr. Martin had every right to be where he was at 7:00 pm.
Creep Zimmerman instigated the incident by following Mr. Martin, and escalating into a killing of a seventeen year old.
I believe Zimmerman will one day tell the truth about how and why he escalated this into a death.
I see that you're denying the fact that your boy Martin started the attack. You continue to say that Martin had every right to walk around the complex. So did Zimmerman!!!! Stalking? Really? How about "looking for" since he ran away while he was on the phone with the police. Big difference.

You continue to not mention that Martin (you know, the dead guy) started the physical confrontation which lead to his deserved death.

Go ahead and keep your head in a watermelon shell so you can keep telling yourself that Martin was minding his own business, just walking home and got shot. Such horseshit. Tell the whole story if you're going to tell any of it.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#71857 Aug 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, Mr. Martin had every right to be where he was at 7:00 pm.
And Zimmerman didn't?
The Truth

Santa Clara, CA

#71858 Aug 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the obvious is a death occurred because a man had NO common sense to stay in his car, keep his gun packed close to his body and leave a seventeen year old alone with shooting him.
And... tell me again who initiated the physical attack?

Yea... that's right. You refuse to say it.

Martin caused his own death. Get over it.
The Truth

Santa Clara, CA

#71859 Aug 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, the "idiot" you are talking about was a juror - yes a juror.
"George Zimmerman got away with murder," she said. "But you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with.[But] the law couldn't prove it."
I'm well aware it was a juror that said that. And she's an idiot.

"I wanted to find him guilty of murder but there wasn't any evidence"

and somehow you take that statement and make it sound like she said he is guilty and got away with murder???? Are you retarded?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#71860 Aug 2, 2013
MR CITIZEN 01 wrote:
Hahaha! Now the Pedophile, wife-beating Zimmy haters know where to "talk to him" = Texas. Little Zimmy coward with his little boy pea-shooter is runnin' like a scared lil' biotch. Run Zimmy, run...here they come! You just may have been a bit safer in prison.
Zimmy haters are scared to go near him. They don't want to be the next Trayvon.
1 post removed
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#71862 Aug 2, 2013
watermelons wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I thought I was responding to you when I called Barefoot filthy mouth and unlady like. I thought the comment he made about you was you addressing it to me. Barefoot was 100% right about you. I definitely owe him an apology.
Well I don't know what BareStool said because I ignore all his comments. I even ignore the responses to his comments.

I don't think siding with Topix's number one troll gives you any credibility though.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#71863 Aug 2, 2013
====@#_#@

WHEN THE WORLD MOVES ON AND MORE POPULATIONS GROW, THERE WILL BE MORE ATHEISTS growing, yet the people who are still religious will also be there existing, that religions will never disappear.
The conflicts based on religion differences are there, as whether are substantial in current times, will be based on rules, such as universal rules.
This calls concerning the aspects--would there be someone new like Obama by doing some new things?
That is it-- Obama changes nothing since Bush stated that Patriot Act, yet Obama would do more of it and expanded snooping programs as the tyrant Obama. He did more of hacking and false acts more than Bush and Cheney. Therefore, one can't distinguish who is the worse evil, Bush or Obama.
As Bush is wanted by world public as a war criminal, however, Obama has NOT BEEN CHARGED AS SUCH YET.
That says Obama is the worst of all time because he over-does more than Bush on Patriot act not started by him, by acting as the tyrant as neo-Hitler of using repressive surveillance by massively destructing of civil liberty at all time high, against basic human rights needs of US public.
He is no progressive man thus as same as another NeoCon radical in surveillance like Bush, by demonstrating not going forward but backward in his snooping acts so far, as the worst of all time.
It is a totalitarian tyranny police state as Obama has done it.

#@$#%====

Since: Aug 13

Overland Park, KS

#71864 Aug 2, 2013
Gravediggers wrote:
This is a minority (hispanic) on minority (black) crime being EXPLOITED by Obama and the democrats.
Is this how you want our country to be manipulated?
The Arab Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter/Spri ng is social media instigated.
The Limbaugh uproar is a social media instigation.
What about Maher and Letterman, do they get a pass because they are on after 11pm and are supposed 'comedians'?
Stop being manipulated by demoNcRats.
Let's get FOCUSED:
1. HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR GAS THIS WEEK? OVER $5 YET?
2. HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR GROCERIES THIS WEEK?
3. HOW MUCH HAS YOUR HEALTHCARE INSURANCE INCREASED?
4. ARE YOU CAPABLE, ARE YOUR CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN AND GREATGRANDCHILDREN CAPABLE OF PAYING OFF THE TRILLION$ IN DEBT?
5. ARE YOU READY TO HAVE YOUR CHILDREN DRAFTED TO TAKE THE PLACE OF EXHAUSTED TROOPS IN THE MIDDLE EAST?
Wake up, America and don't let the democrats turn your attention AWAY from matters which are of GREAT CONCERN TO FAMILIES
I paid less than $5.00 for gas. Still less than I paid under Bush.
I paid the same amount for food as I did last week. More after 2000.
My health care expense is going down thanks to Obamacare. My youngest son who is in college is also on my health insurance.
The national debt could be decreased if the republicans write a law forcing their rich friends to bring all the money that they keep off shore back to the US and be taxed.
President Obama has ended the Iraq war and is ending the current war in Afghanistan, unless the hawks in Washington start another war that will add to the debt. Wake up "gravedigger". Fox news Hannity and lush are feeding you misinformation. As for the topic. This crime was not black on black. It was a "profiler on child" murder. The folks trying to defend the killing of a 17yo by a man who got a bloody nose and some scratches on the back of his head after he followed the 17yo against the advice of the police, kills the unarmed 17yo with a gun and is acquitted because the law is written in such a way that this is legal is what caused the outrage. Stop being scared by the right and hating Obama. If you are not wealthy and you vote republican, you are voting against your own interest.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71865 Aug 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>The zimmerman pedophile is far from regular folks. Regular folks aren't dope head cop pretend to be thugs that attack people minding their own business walking on the sidewalk in front of their house.
He was not on dope dimwit he had legal medication. He also was not impersonating an officer. There was also no evidence he attacked Martin. There was however plenty of evidence suggesting that Martin was the attacker. Next dumb reply please.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71866 Aug 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>A juror in the George Zimmerman trial who had recently moved to Florida from Chicago said today that Zimmerman "got away with murder" for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology to Martin's parents.

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty," the woman, identified only as Juror B29 during the trial, told ABC's "Good Morning America. "We had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

She said the evidence, under Florida law, did not prove murder.
All other jurors said they did not share her views. She needed some money so she made an appearance on tv. She just had to say something hoping she wouldn't be attacked by the racists.
watermelons

Cleveland, MS

#71867 Aug 2, 2013
Butt Necks, I understand that I can simply by pass/ignore this forum if I don't like it, and that is what I will do. This is a free country and people can talk about what they want. I just didn't realize that there were so many angry, unhappy people in this world. I'm a black woman who lives amongst peaceful happy intelligent black people. You're frustrated because you can't do anything about what's going on in the world. I definitely hate hearing about what's going on in Chicago and Memphis. It's nonsense. The parents of these criminals needs to start doing all they can to raise these children right. They need proper discipline by both parents. A household divided will not stand. You, I and no one else can do it for them. It is their responsibility. No, I don't take everything y'all say personal. Some of you are actually kind of funny, but yet very offensive. Y'all are constantly inciting Barefoot to anger. He probably needs to by pass you guys as well, of course that's his decision to make.
1 post removed
Truth

Rome, GA

#71869 Aug 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>The pedophile has been using drugs since before he was legally allowed to drink.

The pedophile was on TWO prescription drugs when he killed this boy who had every right to be where he was at.

The rapist blames the victim.

This rapist isn't done yet.
The pedophile was on lean and marijuana. He is drug free now and taking a dirt nap.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71870 Aug 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Dear nobody supports criminal activity especially by a wannabe cop that creeps and crawls after a 17 year old and then ends up shooting up.

Your hood, my hood or any kind of hood.

Even in a hoodie.
My hood doesn't support dope heads, thieves and thugs attacking our law abiding citizens. Looks like that community has one less to worry about since he is under the dirt now.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71871 Aug 2, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>In Floriduh too?
Not normal procedure at all to do tox screens.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71872 Aug 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>There's a first time for everything, they say, but I'd put my money on him being in jail within the year.
According to the evidence presented at trial and the jury verdict I think we already got it. NOT GUILTY.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71873 Aug 2, 2013
Rebel Against Tyranny wrote:
1. Blacks commit violent crimes four to eight times the white rate. Hispanic commit violent crimes at approximately three times the white rate, and Asians at one half to three quarters the white rate.

2. Blacks are as much more violent than whites (four to eight times) as men are more violent than women.

3. Of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of violence involving blacks and whites, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites. Blacks are 50 times more likely than whites to commit individual acts of interracial violence. They are up to 250 times more likely than whites to engage in multiple-offender or group interracial violence.

4. There is more black-on-white than black-on-black violent crime. Fifty-six percent of violent crimes committed by blacks have white victims. Only two to three percent of violent crimes committed by whites have black victims.

5. Blacks are twice as likely to commit hate crimes.

*Sources

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Crime in the United States

Bureau of Justice Statistics, Criminal Victimization

Bureau of Justice Statistics, Sourcebook of Criminal Justice

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Hate Crime Statistics
----
Those numbers put the lie to your little racial-victim-hood narrative.

Blacks are doing it to themselves. Nobody is putting guns in their hands and telling them to rape, rob, and murder.

Again, of the approximately 1,700,000 interracial crimes of violence involving blacks and whites, 90 percent are committed by blacks against whites.

There is more black-on-white than black-on-black violent crime. Fifty-six percent of violent crimes committed by blacks have white victims. Only two to three percent of violent crimes committed by whites have black victims.

More government racial discrimination against whites (Affirmative Action) isn't going to stop thugs from being thugs.

Why do black people accept that those who want you to have Affirmative Action do so because they don't think blacks are capable of succeeding without help from the white man?

What an insult to black people.

Black people are just as capable of competing & succeeding as any other race in the US. Blacks simply need to quit listening to those voices on the political Left telling them that they need special help because you just aren't as smart or capable as other races, even after ~150 years.
Easy now. They don't like those stats and they will deny them even though it is easily available on the Internet. They don't believe FBI stats.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#71874 Aug 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the evidence presented at trial and the jury verdict I think we already got it. NOT GUILTY.
Give Zimmerthug an 'OJ type' of civil trial, he'll get what he deserves
Truth

Rome, GA

#71875 Aug 2, 2013
WERE IS BLACKS OUTRAGE wrote:
JULY 24,2013 http://www.infowars.com/say-hello-to-roderick... ... The Black George Zimmerman the Media Doesn’t Want You to Know About Did you notice during the George Zimmerman trial how the media kept repeating the salacious question “What if Trayvon Martin had been white?” They acted as if this question was the perfect response to Zimmerman defenders. They pretended that this was a question without a “safe” answer, but in reality, the question had already been answered. In April of 2009 Mr. Roderick Scott awoke at 3am to the sounds of three young men breaking into cars on his street. He called the police and went down to the street to make sure the young men did not flee before the police arrived. He shouted at the three to “freeze” and told them that the police were coming soon. The three boys stood before the big man obviously considering what they should do.

That’s when Christopher Cervini (17) rushed at Mr. Scott uttering “I’ll get you” or “I’ll get him.” Roderick Scott fired twice, killing the teenager. The trial that followed was again a case of prosecutorial overreach, as they tried to charge Mr. Scott with manslaughter. Fortunately for Mr. Scott, a jury of his peers agreed with him that he did only what was needed to protect himself.

Afterwards the prosecutor opined,“I just hope it’s not a message to this community… that you have the right to shoot an unarmed 17-year-old kid for breaking into a car.” The problem is that Mr. Scott did not shoot young Christopher Cervini for breaking into his car, but for attacking him. While the Cervini family may now be in much pain over the loss of their son, he brought himself to his tragic end through a series of terrible choices. Roderick Scott had every right to protect himself; he did what he should have… and a jury of his peers agreed.

Oh, and Roderick Scott was a 42 year old black man about the size of an NFL linebacker. Christopher Cervini was a skinny, 17 year old white kid with a little bit of marijuana in his system. Scott was justified in the killing of the younger man not because of the crime that Cervini had committed, but because Scott rightfully feared for his own safety.

There was no “white uproar” over the shooting of a young white man at the hands of a black man with a “hero-complex.” The NAACP didn’t show up to argue that the shooter should be jailed, or that the Justice Department should pursue charges of civil rights violations against the man for killing Cervini. Jesse Jackson, Al Shartpon, and all of the other race hate baiters stayed home for the trial. The trial was treated as a tragic situation that a young man brought on himself by turning to violence.

Which is exactly how the George Zimmerman case should have been treated. The next time someone tells you,“What if…?” You can tell them it already happened, and the outcome was exactly the same… minus the racial tension.
Maybe if he had some skittles and ice tea ignorant Al and Jessie would have gotten involved. Maybe if he actually attacked and tried to kill the man they would have gotten involved. Probably not.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71876 Aug 2, 2013
New Black Panther Party wrote:
George Zimmerman is driving a Silver Honda Ridgeline.License plate number 748 ENK(Florida)
He was also armed. Maybe he will do another heroic act and remove a thug.
Truth

Rome, GA

#71877 Aug 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>The pedophile is only making days against unarmed women and boys.

We know what happens when he tries to back up his big fat lying mouth with his fists.
What happens? He kills thugs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min what 265,193
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 11 min oops 26,088
News Americans have rendered their verdict on the fi... 15 min dane jah 88
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min VetnorsGate 1,521,952
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Dr Guru 240,348
News White House refuses to hand over documents to F... 42 min Retribution 40
News Racism motivated Trump voters more than authori... 48 min Retribution 317
News Attorney General doesn't realize Hawaii is a state 2 hr Trump your President 314
News Will Islam Inherit the Earth? 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 179
More from around the web