Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#6253 Apr 11, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. 411 is information. He did dial 911.
Peaches, let me tell you something, I am never, ever wrong. he dialed 311, not 911. I was off one digit.

cporter14 Somewhere I saw someone claim that there had been a Sanford police log (since taken off their website) that showed the 311 call by Zimmerman ...
http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/eviden...

Did Martin double back to confront Zimmerman?
Apr 3, 2012 ... Zimmerman was on the recorded 311 call for almost two minutes after he reported Martin started to run.(And the fight didn't happen for a few ...
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/022072.h... - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

“no one told me”

Denver

#6254 Apr 11, 2012
Time Builder wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman lacked the authority to stop and detain Martin for questioning. Aside from that, what you just said was tantamount to saying that women should subject themselves to the commands of a rapist, lest the woman be a fault for agitating the rapist into harming the woman.
Hogwash

“no one told me”

Denver

#6255 Apr 11, 2012
Time Builder wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I'm suprised in this day and age that racists still think they can get away with murdering people.
Black racists do it frequently..

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

South Bend, IN

#6256 Apr 11, 2012
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
When was it ever established that Zimmerman was in fact a racist? I have read many, many articles from one side of the political spectrum to the opposite and one similarity is that there is little evidence that Zimmerman was or is a racist.
His skin is light enough to be racist.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6257 Apr 11, 2012
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>Peaches, let me tell you something, I am never, ever wrong. he dialed 311, not 911. I was off one digit.

cporter14 Somewhere I saw someone claim that there had been a Sanford police log (since taken off their website) that showed the 311 call by Zimmerman ...
http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/eviden...

Did Martin double back to confront Zimmerman?
Apr 3, 2012 ... Zimmerman was on the recorded 311 call for almost two minutes after he reported Martin started to run.(And the fight didn't happen for a few ...
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/022072.h... - 11k - Cached - Similar pages
First link says he dialed 911. The second one says 311. So which is it? Someone has a misprint.
Judge-it Judy

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#6258 Apr 11, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Never no where did I say he was a murderer.
you backpedaling liar

Location hidden

#6259 Apr 11, 2012
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>Black racists do it frequently..
I know I'm going to get blasted for this but here i go

First off what organizations or days of celebration do the white people have? There is cinco de mayo for Hispanics. The blacks have the NAACP. But if the white people want an organization it's called racism. I don't understand this.
1 post removed
Judge-it Judy

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#6261 Apr 11, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
Bro-Man, Snow-Job, Judy, & Other Haters...
How does that Humble Pie taste today?
(Captain Zimmerman arrested for Second Degree Murder!!!)
You have always guaranteed here that there was no evidence that Zimmerman broke the law, and that he would never be arrested.
You Are Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, and will always be Wrong on this issue.
I always told you that. Admit that!
You are now publicly confirmed here as IRRELEVANT.
Please be silenced now, and turn off your computer. This blog is for adults only.
Next...
prove it

you liar
Judge-it Judy

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#6262 Apr 11, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
411 is a directory not the police. I'm confused. I'm not trying to play stupid I even looked it up. I thought 911 was the police. Is it different there? Please it's just a question. I'm trying to understand.
who is the girl with you in the pic ?
Judge-it Judy

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#6263 Apr 11, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. 411 is information. He did dial 911.
you idiot

GZ called the non emergency police line

get your facts straight you moron...

who is the girl next to you in the pic ?

411 is directory assistence
911 is emergency

“no one told me”

Denver

#6264 Apr 11, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
First link says he dialed 911. The second one says 311. So which is it? Someone has a misprint.
I never said it was 911, that's the salient point. But, it was 311, the non emergency number.

Location hidden

#6265 Apr 11, 2012
Judge-it Judy wrote:
<quoted text>who is the girl with you in the pic ?
Don't know just a pic I took off the net. Lmao. Surprised that I'm not some fat ugly person? Trust when I say I'm a very confident young lady. Who doesnt take shit from nobody.
Chicago Guy

Evanston, IL

#6266 Apr 11, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
You have always guaranteed here that there was no evidence that Zimmerman broke the law, and that he would never be arrested.
Please be silenced now, and turn off your computer. This blog is for adults only.
Next...
LOL

I came back to point out the exact same thing. And look how fast these pathetic, lying, racist trolls move the goalposts, and pretend they never made those claims! Too funny!

“no one told me”

Denver

#6267 Apr 11, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I'm going to get blasted for this but here i go
First off what organizations or days of celebration do the white people have? There is cinco de mayo for Hispanics. The blacks have the NAACP. But if the white people want an organization it's called racism. I don't understand this.
It's liberal hypocrisy and what I can only describe as the actions of many self loathing whites in the Lame Stream Media[LSM]

Stick around and you'll see that according to many, especially Topix libs, everything is whitey's fault.

Location hidden

#6268 Apr 11, 2012
Judge-it Judy wrote:
<quoted text>you idiot

get your facts straight you moron...

who is the girl next to you in the pic ?

411 is directory assistence
911 is emergency

You moron information is directory assistance. Lmao. links posted said 911 and 311.
hagatha may

Orlando, FL

#6269 Apr 11, 2012
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman had the right to chase anyone down and question them. That is freedom of speech. Martin did not have to respond. Martin could have ran as he was, no doubt faster being an athlete, and he had a head start. That tells me that Martin made the conscious decision to stay and confront Zimmerman physically. Those in fear have a mechanism called fight or flight. Martin apparently was fearful or he wouldn't have ran initially. Why didn't he just run on home? He wanted to start a physical confrontation from a logical perspective. Martin got a physical confrontation.
You are absolutely correct. And we must remember, an arrest and or charges are not a conviction or proof of guilt. We must stay calm and let the system work. I do believe some thought was put into the possibility of retaliation by the black community if at least an arrest wasn't made. However that is a long stretch to a conviction of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter. I wish Mr. Zimmerman well, i do believe he is innocent and is somewhat being railroaded at this point. However he has sought the assistance of a remarkable law firm in Orlando. TaTa for now Lady of Quality

“no one told me”

Denver

#6270 Apr 11, 2012
RLBK wrote:
<quoted text>
actually what i posted both say 311..........

a minor point at any rate, the most important point is the witness who saw Martin on top assaulting Zimmerman and Zimmermans injuries.

Location hidden

#6271 Apr 11, 2012
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>I never said it was 911, that's the salient point. But, it was 311, the non emergency number.
Ok I was just pointing out there were discrepancies in the information provided in the two links. That's all it can be confusing sometimes
rebellious girl

Brooksville, FL

#6272 Apr 11, 2012
Citizen 1 wrote:
Next...
im not crying for no hispanic.tray-is-gone deserved it.but it wasnt a white guy who put him in the ground .so you keep your humble pie.
True Blooded American

El Paso, TX

#6273 Apr 11, 2012
BRONACH wrote:
<quoted text>My grandpa was Trayvons age when he landed on Omaha beach in ww2.

Wonder why they keep calling this 6ft plus 17 year old man a "child.
Why do they call a 17 year old young woman the same?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FBI agent removed from Russia probe called Trum... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 45
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JCPete 1,658,314
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 4 min Rupert B Jigglebo... 1,483
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min June VanDerMark 46,817
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 9 min Abrahamanic Relig... 112
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min ThomasA 322,226
News Obama: Protect democracy or risk taking path of... 13 min Red Crosse 260
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 31 min RiccardoFire 14,850
News Trump should resign amid sexual assault claims:... 2 hr Lawrence Wolf 52
More from around the web