Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68789 Jul 16, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? Or we'll think you're a stinking lying sack of shit.
See above and look up the Florida concealed weapons permit laws.

Law prohibits persons under the influence to be carrying.

Essentially, you may have an concealed weapons permit but that does not mean you are allowed to be armed anytime you feel like it.

You must comply with the terms and conditions of that permit. One of which is you may not be carrying while under the influence of alcohol or drugs something Zimmerman would have known because he was required to take the class.
2 posts removed
Truth

Rome, GA

#68792 Jul 16, 2013
You morons amaze me. You have zero knowledge of prescription drug affects. Zero knowledge of search and seizure. I bet some of you know the affects of crack because apparently a lot of you smoke it. By the way the jury said NOT GUILTY. LOL
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68793 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Those drugs are not illegal and he did not violate any rules of the CCW permit. Dimwit Catholic loses again.
Alcohol is not illegal and the laws governing the concealed weapons permit prohibit you from carrying a concealed weapon while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Same with driving a vehicle.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68794 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>As you know, I am free to disagree with the incompetent attorneys representing the state of Florida.
They did a great job. They hid the most damning evidence against Martin from the defense. They obtained an arrest warrant by withholding evidence. It's not their fault there was witnesses that proved it was self defense.
1 post removed
Truth

Rome, GA

#68796 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>See above and look up the Florida concealed weapons permit laws.

Law prohibits persons under the influence to be carrying.

Essentially, you may have an concealed weapons permit but that does not mean you are allowed to be armed anytime you feel like it.

You must comply with the terms and conditions of that permit. One of which is you may not be carrying while under the influence of alcohol or drugs something Zimmerman would have known because he was required to take the class.
Yawn. To bad Martin was the one under the influence. Try again dimwit.
2 posts removed
Patriot

Mexico

#68799 Jul 16, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
<quoted text>I carry a razor blade flip knife
What for?
Truth

United States

#68800 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>As you know, I am free to disagree with the incompetent attorneys representing the state of Florida.
I will have to give them a little credit. They are certainly more competent than you dimwit.
3 posts removed
Truth

United States

#68804 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Alcohol is not illegal and the laws governing the concealed weapons permit prohibit you from carrying a concealed weapon while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Same with driving a vehicle.
There was no evidence of alcohol dimwit. Those prescriptions do not violate the CCW dimwit.
Truth

United States

#68805 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>See above and look up the Florida concealed weapons permit laws.

Law prohibits persons under the influence to be carrying.

Essentially, you may have an concealed weapons permit but that does not mean you are allowed to be armed anytime you feel like it.

You must comply with the terms and conditions of that permit. One of which is you may not be carrying while under the influence of alcohol or drugs something Zimmerman would have known because he was required to take the class.
Doesn't matter since it was only Martin under the influence.
1 post removed
Truth

United States

#68807 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I see that your lack of knowledge about the law is only surpassed by your lack of knowledge of medicine. The fact that he was taking Aderall and Temazepam (legally with a doctors prescription) demonstrated that he was doing the correct things to counteract a physical condition. Now, oh great idiot, please tell me the state code where you can not operate a motor vehicle when you take these prescription drugs as prescribed by a doctor.
I've never seen someone claiming to be an expert in so many fields that is a total moron. His parents must be embarrassed. You would think after awhile someone would give up and go away after being made to look a fool after every post. Must be a gluten for punishment. What a dimwit.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#68808 Jul 16, 2013
endeavor wrote:
<quoted text>
The state proved the defenses case for them, of course they had nothing else, a clear case of self defense. When can we meet so I can knock you down, sit on your chest and pound your face?
Then we can talk.
If I shot you, I doubt you'd be able to talk.
Truth

United States

#68809 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Then name the state or federal law that backs up your statement.
That should keep the ignorant one occupied for an eternity.
2 posts removed
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68812 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They did a great job. They hid the most damning evidence against Martin from the defense. They obtained an arrest warrant by withholding evidence. It's not their fault there was witnesses that proved it was self defense.
First, they didn't file the right charges.
Second, they didn't call enough expert witnesses from around the country and from around the state.
Third, they didn't know the applicable laws well enough.
Etc.

They needed to build their case against Zimmerman with lesser charges building up to the more serious charges; instead they went for the most serious they thought they would be able to get against him and didn't understand enough of the lesser charges would have built up to a capital murder case.

Poor strategy; poor research.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#68813 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know, I am free to disagree with the incompetent attorneys representing the state of Florida.
Racial/Political Pressure and Social Engineering, forced an illegal arrest warrant by Angela Corey....That's the one that look's like Ernest Borgnine in pumps and pearls.....
1 post removed
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68815 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that your lack of knowledge about the law is only surpassed by your lack of knowledge of medicine. The fact that he was taking Aderall and Temazepam (legally with a doctors prescription) demonstrated that he was doing the correct things to counteract a physical condition. Now, oh great idiot, please tell me the state code where you can not operate a motor vehicle when you take these prescription drugs as prescribed by a doctor.
Aderall for the condition; Temazepam to combat one of the side effects of the Aderall.

Unfortunately, the combination of the Aderall and Temazepam both had a common side effect thus possible doubling the side effect;
aggression.

I think it is obvious who the real aggressor was. As a result,his medications contributed to his behavior and thus he was not supposed to be carrying his firearm at that time. That is Florida law.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#68816 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They did a great job. They hid the most damning evidence against Martin from the defense. They obtained an arrest warrant by withholding evidence. It's not their fault there was witnesses that proved it was self defense.
It's been fun, fighting the fight alongside you....but, this thread is attracting too many, simply keen on arguing in circles.....like the election....lol...
1 post removed
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68818 Jul 16, 2013
Oddly, I actually take a more conservative approach to gun laws than Zimmerman supporters.

That's why I'm not on Zimmerman's side.

I will never support the passage of laws that make it easier for the citizens to get away with killing one another.

Essentially, that is what the Republicans of the Florida legislature have done in an attempt to fix a problem caused by liberal judges. Unfortunately, they have opened the door to murder in the process.

They should have known better than to pass a law the judges would arbitrarily interpret. That's what they were trying to fix to begin with.
1 post removed
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68820 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter since it was only Martin under the influence.
No evidence of that. Lingers for up to thirty days in the system.

Prescription drugs Zimmerman was on though, would have been taken daily.
1 post removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#68822 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<They hid the most damning evidence against Martin from the defense.
They hid nothing.

You m/f c/s liar.

But we knew that already.

Stopping you from lying would be like asking you to stop breathing, eh?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#68823 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
Under the influence
On two prescriptions- and let's not forget you insisted he was on anything- two prescription drugs for sure combined with at least alcohol.

Not safe to drive but what the heck: he did it all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton campaign hits Trump for seeing Brexit a... 3 min SirPrize 6
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 4 min WasteWater 906
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 4 min WeTheSheeple 420
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 5 min Don Barros Serrano 2,034
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min Big C 12,994
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 6 min WeTheSheeple 1,297
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 9 min Add 6,006
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 13 min WasteWater 3,311
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Nuculur option 1,394,919
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 59 min Fukanig 231
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Taletha 16 387,954
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 5 hr abc 177
More from around the web