Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Geez

Carmel, IN

#66554 Jul 12, 2013
Joe Momma wrote:
I just heard a woman on HLN say the following about the case.
"This case is about staying in his car.
It's about not being a vigilante
It's about not taking the law into your own hands.
George knew the police were on their way.
When George shot Trayvon,
He didn't call out for help.
He didn't call for an ambulance.
He didn't take any steps to tey to revive or recesitate or to save this young man."
Well this case isn't about staying in his car. Sorry, but there is no law that was broken by George getting out of his car.
All the evidence presented suggests that George did not act as a vigilante. The State has failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he acted in any manner other than self defense. Again, the law states that the prosecution must provide reasonable doubt, and it hasn't shown me any within the scope of the evidence, the witness statements, or within the scope of the law.
Again, there is no evidence whatsoever that has been presented that has proved that George Zimmerman has taken the law into his own hands.
George knew the police were on their way?...Well of course he did dummy, he called them.
And perhaps George didn't try and help Trayvon after he shot him because he had just emerged from the fight of his life and he was dazed and confused from being sucker punched and having had his nose broken, and from being forced to shoot Trayvon.
Many people were gathering around the scene and he was staggering, and later we find out that he was also in shock. Are these valid reasons for George not helping Trayvon after he was shot?...Ya think?
Sorry, but your arguments are "shallow" to say the least.
Why should have tried to help him? He was trying to kill him with his bare hands, MMA style.
1 post removed
George

Fletcher, OH

#66556 Jul 12, 2013
truth wrote:
Only thing GZ is guilty of is Piss Poor Planning!
He should have planned it better and followed the three "S"s.
Shoot
Shovel
Shut-Up
If I had done as you say,I couldn't have been a hero! I always wanted to be a hero. I'm no ordinary watchman....I'm a WATCH CAPTAIN.

Instead,I shot and killed an unarmed teenager.

I'm a bit of a sexual predator as well.

I spent my life hiding behind my parent's skirts and trousers.

I'm a Watch CAPTAIN! I'm BIG MAN AT CAMPUS!

I like to smack women around. I makes me feel very manly.

I attacked a female LE officer once. Made me feel good about myself.

Me and the wife lived with my parents. I might be a loser, but some folks think I'm a hero.

People that sent me money for my defense---I thank you. You helped pay credit card bills for my family. Thanks for the handout.

I lied to the judge bout the amount of money in my defense fund. I'm a congenital liar.

I'm a manly man. I exude manliness. I am the hero of impotent milksops in the USA.

I am THE CAPTAIN!
truth

United States

#66557 Jul 12, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had done as you say,I couldn't have been a hero! I always wanted to be a hero. I'm no ordinary watchman....I'm a WATCH CAPTAIN.
Me and the wife lived with my parents. I might be a loser, but some folks think I'm a hero.
People that sent me money for my defense---I thank you. You helped pay credit card bills for my family. Thanks for the handout.
I lied to the judge bout the amount of money in my defense fund. I'm a congenital liar.
I'm a manly man. I exude manliness. I am the hero of impotent milksops in the USA.
I am THE CAPTAIN!
What the hell is a congenital liar???
Geez

Carmel, IN

#66558 Jul 12, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I am THE CAPTAIN!
No doubt that you are. The guy who has been harassed by the govt is innocent.
truth

United States

#66559 Jul 12, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I am THE CAPTAIN!
If he is a "congenital liar", then he has a medical basis to establish his defense!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66560 Jul 12, 2013
NOT GUILTY----On all counts....Savagely attacked by Trayvon....Absolutely forced to defend himself.....Tried by Racist Threat......
1 post removed

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#66562 Jul 12, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been successful at everything I've tried.
Look up the State of Florida laws yourself.
The concealed weapons permit does not permit class "C" licensed security officers to carry firearms while on duty. Same aapplies to neighborhood watch members in Florida. Look it up.
Your involvement in neighborhood watch in your state does not make you qualified to talk about neighborhood watch requirements in Florida.
Thank you for this info.

That makes about half of the posts from Gorging Zimmerman lovers outright lies.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#66563 Jul 12, 2013
Joe Momma wrote:
Well this case isn't about staying in his car.
He wasn't arrested for getting out of his car.

He was arrested because he stalked a boy who had every right to be where he was at, and the pedophile decided he'd play cop.

And lost control and lost his temper and shot the boy as the boy screamed for his life.
2 posts removed
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#66566 Jul 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was arrested because he stalked a boy who had every right to be where he was at, and the pedophile decided he'd play cop.
And lost control and lost his temper and shot the boy as the boy screamed for his life.
barefoot2626.

Good point. If Government had put Trayvon in prison and kept him there, that "child" might be alive today.

Ronald

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66567 Jul 12, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this info.
Yeah, you would buy that....something neither side noticed in 16 months...LOLOLOL......Jesus, Jesus, It's a Miracle......
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#66568 Jul 12, 2013
The Real Ugly Truth

Fletcher, OH

#66569 Jul 12, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman doesn't have the temperament to control his anger. What kind of moron attacks a female LE officer? Zimmerman has smacked women around in the past. Zimmerman was a ticking time and he eventually exploded. He was a loser hiding behind a thin facade of being a neighborhood watch captain.

Zimmerman is a fat,little and sorry excuse of a man.

Location hidden

#66570 Jul 12, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Zimmerman was never in fear of his life, and that he intended to shoot Martin from the beginning. I think he grabbed Martin and pulled him down on top of himself (like he had seen it done on TV) knowing Martin would resist and try to get away. Zimmerman knew he was armed; Zimmerman knew he had called police and they were on the way; Zimmerman knew based upon experience the amount of time before police would arrive. I think Zimmerman had decided to pull the trigger the moment he got out of the car. I think Zimmerman was counting on the new law to allow him to pull the trigger. All the evidence points to a first degree murder charge.
I think you've got it perfectly right.

Funny thing, even though Zimmerman lied and said he had never heard of the SYG law, it is the only class he aced.

The jury must surely understand why all the lies from Zimmerman.
1 post removed
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#66572 Jul 12, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this info.
So let me get this straight. We talk about immigration and we have laws that are not enforced for years and decades. That is okay. And the progressive immigration post lovers are much higher then 50% Zimmerman post lovers. Its the men who turned this case racial that need to answer for it. But they won't, will they? I have read that there have been people attacked and killed because of this case in America. That makes the race baiters "accessories to murder". p.s....that information should have been part of the prosecutors agenda.
joey

Boynton Beach, FL

#66573 Jul 12, 2013
i predict third degree homicide of justfiable manslaugter or something like that. it won't be first degree murder it will be something but not first degree murder most likely a lower charge he will do some time and then we can all get on with our lives again....
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#66576 Jul 12, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
Where has the time gone? It's been four months since I was last on this thread.
BUT, much more importantly...
Child-killing, crrrrreeeepy, over-fed, under-truthful, non-listening, woman-beating, father-coddled, gun-emboldened, so-called Captain George "Creepy" Zimmerman is one day closer to True Justice!
Do NOT be confused....
True Justice is NOT man's justice. Man's justice is insufficient to carry a child murderer to punishment. Those relying on this jury, this trial, this court, man's justice to see "Creepy" Zimmerman punished for his immoral, evil and nasty deeds will be left still wanting.
ONLY True Justice will be able to confer with Truth and Consequences to deal "Creepy" Zimmerman his rightful place at the feet of Punishment. True Justice will deal with "Creepy" Zimmerman, and all child murderers (convicted and non-convicted).
The outcome of this trial is irrelevant when it comes to True Justice having her day.
When True Justice has her day, "Creepy" Zimmerman's day will be a day of woe, a day of teeth-gnashing, a day of regret, a day of undeniable sorrow.
Woe be to the murderers of children!
Zimmerman needs to answer for breaking the laws of man now, while he's on earth. He murdered an innocent boy in cold blood and he needs to answer for it NOW.

His spiritual side and his breaking the laws of God will be dealt with after he departs this life.

Render unto God that which is God's. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

This sin isn't God's yet to deal with. It is a crime and needs to be rendered unto the state.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#66578 Jul 12, 2013
Jury has adjured for the night. Will resume tomorrow morning at 9 AM.

Location hidden

#66579 Jul 12, 2013
Joe Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
So have you gorged yourself today?
Fried chickens, mashed potatoes, corn bread, butter beans and black eyed peas?
Ummmm!....Eat!
Sounds really good except no butter beans with black eyed peas. Oh, and we need gravy for the mashed potatoes.

Desert? Apple pie would go nicely.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#66580 Jul 12, 2013
serfs up wrote:
So let me get this straight. We talk about immigration and we have laws that are not enforced for years and decades.
Immigration laws are enforced.

More strictly since Obama was elected.

Location hidden

#66581 Jul 12, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
Where has the time gone? It's been four months since I was last on this thread.
BUT, much more importantly...
Child-killing, crrrrreeeepy, over-fed, under-truthful, non-listening, woman-beating, father-coddled, gun-emboldened, so-called Captain George "Creepy" Zimmerman is one day closer to True Justice!
Do NOT be confused....
True Justice is NOT man's justice. Man's justice is insufficient to carry a child murderer to punishment. Those relying on this jury, this trial, this court, man's justice to see "Creepy" Zimmerman punished for his immoral, evil and nasty deeds will be left still wanting.
ONLY True Justice will be able to confer with Truth and Consequences to deal "Creepy" Zimmerman his rightful place at the feet of Punishment. True Justice will deal with "Creepy" Zimmerman, and all child murderers (convicted and non-convicted).
The outcome of this trial is irrelevant when it comes to True Justice having her day.
When True Justice has her day, "Creepy" Zimmerman's day will be a day of woe, a day of teeth-gnashing, a day of regret, a day of undeniable sorrow.
Woe be to the murderers of children!
I forgot to say, welcome back. I've missed you. I'm not here much lately because there isn't usually any discussion, just hate rants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,583,783
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Clearwater 27,302
News Federal judge again tosses out Texas voter ID law 4 min Convexx 5
News Arpaio pardon would refute key theme in immigra... 15 min poi pounder 98
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min American Independent 287,994
News Parks Service issues permit for San Francisco r... 18 min Covfefe 7
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 30 min youll shoot your ... 264
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Frindly 8,680
More from around the web