Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

New evidence

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#62348 Jun 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was calling cops on people he said were spitting at his car and wearing T-shirts he found offensive, and try harder to not be stupid: no one calls this polished turd to have him call 911.
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
You are wrong. The FACT is that the residents were told to call George if they saw anything suspicious and at that point George would call the non emergency police line..
New evidence

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#62349 Jun 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm... yeah, after 16 months, you suddenly heard something and gosh let's just forget the whole thing, eh?
Yes i have heard something new. Did you hear the states witness testify today..
wondering

United States

#62350 Jun 25, 2013
New evidence wrote:
<quoted text> Yes i have heard something new. Did you hear the states witness testify today..
lol yea i did...zimmermans lawyer made her look like a complete fool...wonder if she had got a cut from mammys millions? lmao guess mammy needs to rethink her investment.
wondering

United States

#62351 Jun 25, 2013
wondering wrote:
did anyone see the trial today? who is that big buck that sits by thugs diddy? he always gets up and follows the women out after they testify.
anyone know?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#62352 Jun 25, 2013
Heal the world wrote:
The video of Trayvon in the 711 is so telling. He looks totally suspicious with the clothes he was wearing along with going back and fourth in the store. He definitely does not look like the young boy in the photographs the media was showing
Yes it i telling. It shows a young black kid who doesn't know he has only minutes to live, doesn't know there is a madman out there waiting to murder him.

You still harping on the pictures in the media from over a year ago? Do you really think that has anything to do with the murder of Trayvon?

Location hidden

#62353 Jun 25, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>anyone know?
I didn't see any deer in the courtroom.
NOT PC

Old Bridge, NJ

#62354 Jun 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it i telling. It shows a young black kid who doesn't know he has only minutes to live, doesn't know there is a madman out there waiting to murder him.
You still harping on the pictures in the media from over a year ago? Do you really think that has anything to do with the murder of Trayvon?
I think these pictures kind of tell their own story. One that is a) underreported and b) not politically correct to notice because it is the usual black on white crime.

If Trayvon had a brother, this is what he'd look like:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Millburn...
NOT PC

Old Bridge, NJ

#62355 Jun 25, 2013
WHY George Zimmerman might have over-reacted:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Millburn...
1 post removed

Location hidden

#62357 Jun 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you gather up all your aliases and put them in the back seat of the car, shut the garage door, and meditate?
Hope he starts the car and lets it run.

Location hidden

#62358 Jun 25, 2013
The short fat man at the defendant's table was sweating bullets today. It's going to get worse.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#62359 Jun 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
How fortunate that people your bigoted ilk are being found out and pushed to the margins and the trailer parks of society, AnalOriface.
A of I tells the truth, and you're saying he's bigoted? Kinda "Can't see the forest for the trees, can ya Barefootin' It? You're as bigoted as they come, and you call other people out?? Whata Country??

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#62360 Jun 25, 2013
New evidence wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong. The FACT is that the residents were told to call...
Did you know in the rest of America, people call 911?

Location hidden

#62361 Jun 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope he starts the car and lets it run.
He may need gas money.

Location hidden

#62362 Jun 25, 2013
New evidence wrote:
...and at that point George would call the non emergency police line..
In fact, the pedophile was calling 911 line.

And I would change my alias again if you want to continue to insist the 200+ residents were instructed to call the pedophile before they called the cops.
FreeGeorge

Phoenix, AZ

#62363 Jun 25, 2013
Zimmerman did everyone a favor by getting rid of another wanna be gangsta. You want to like like one then be ready to die like one.

Location hidden

#62364 Jun 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it i telling.
Walking back and forth at 7-11 and then paying for everything using exact change, sounds like a gangster to me... I bet he even stepped on cracks in the sidewalk on the way home!!!
1 post removed

United States

#62366 Jun 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
The short fat man at the defendant's table was sweating bullets today. It's going to get worse.
he looked pretty calm to me. and his lawyer done an excellent job of making that one woman look like the liar she is...wonder if shes on mammys payroll.
1 post removed
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#62368 Jun 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-appointed, huh?
"Wendy Dorival, former coordinator of the Sanford Police Department's neighborhood watch program, testified how she had worked with Zimmerman to set up a watch in his neighborhood.
When asked by prosecutor John Guy if neighborhood watch participants should follow or engage with suspicious people, she said no.
"They are the eyes and ears of law enforcement," Dorival said. "They're not supposed to take matters into their own hands."
Similarly, Donald O'Brien, president of Zimmerman's homeowners association, said it was his understanding that neighborhood watch members are supposed to "stay at a safe distance" and "let the police handle it."
But Dorival said she was impressed with Zimmerman's professionalism and dedication to his community.
"He seemed like he really wanted to make changes in his community, to make it better," she said."
Well, it wasn't a term the judge struck down.

So it's still in play.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#62369 Jun 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweating doesn't mean you're guilty. Evidence does. And there is no evidence presented so far that can prove Zimmerman did anything wrong.
I'm sure that if Zim didn't have his firearm to protect himself and Martin was on trial for murdering Zimmerman, he wouldn't have a drop of sweat. What does that tell you?
Well... there is that pesky dead body people keep glossing over.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#62370 Jun 25, 2013
Zimmerman Trial Day 2 – Analysis of State’s Witnesses
Posted by Andrew Branca
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 9:04pm

Today can only be characterized as an utter debacle for the prosecution in Florida v. Zimmerman. Besides the testimony of a couple of highly professional law enforcement witnesses, the testimony of the the other State witnesses ranged from signing George Zimmerman’s praises, to acknowledging the utility of following a suspicious person from a distance, to being utterly discredited by razor sharp cross-examination of the defense.

Before we even get to the disaster that was the State’s witnesses, however, we first have to discuss this morning’s hearing and the extent to which it evanescent is the State’s case against George Zimmerman.

State: Zimmerman Is So Good, He Must Be Bad

Following on a disagreement between the parties yesterday, before the jury was seated the Court held a hearing on whether to admit into evidence a half-dozen or so calls made by Zimmerman to the police in the six months leading up to the shooting.

In each of the calls Zimmerman was playing the diligent Neighborhood Watch role, calling the non-emergency number (as trained) to report a suspicious person in the neighborhood. There is not the slightest suggestion of misconduct, ill will, hatred, etc. in any of the recordings.

MORE:
http://legalinsurrection.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 6 min Trump your President 4,580
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Grey Ghost 1,480,929
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 18 min replaytime 218,774
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 18 min huntcoyotes 467
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 19 min USA 14,878
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 22 min Trump your President 3,648
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 23 min Quirky 18,005
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Just call me ABE 2 256,453
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 2 hr -Dont Panic- 409,450
Donald J Trump, our next president (Mar '16) 4 hr Crossroads50 1,972
More from around the web