Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

crimedy

Saltville, VA

#59114 May 24, 2013
All the other white peopel is the reason why zimmerman is still in there..
crimedy

Saltville, VA

#59115 May 24, 2013
cuz yall took it to new levels and thanks to ones who realize that its racism going on..
misslady whacker

Houston, TX

#59116 May 24, 2013
misslady65 wrote:
<quoted text> Whites are the most hateful evil animals ever created Tray on Martin was a child would you find it justifiable if your teenaged son was gunned down in cold blood regardless of what he was doing if he was unarmed?? So STFU you useless piece of scum or should I say human waste.
Whites are evil animals?....Sounds like something I'd expect to hear from an enword. Martin was no child, he was a gangbanger wannabe who got what he had coming to his stupid ass. If my teenaged son was gunned down it would be because of the people he associated with, the bad element, mostly enwords but not exclusively.

Perhaps you should STFU enword!....Oh BTW, how do you people know when to stop wiping your asses?....Humm? What do blind people and enwords have in common?

XOXO.
1 post removed
Tally

Seychelles

#59118 May 24, 2013
Zimmerman killed Martin.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Zimmerman should be punished.
2 posts removed

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#59121 May 24, 2013
Grason wrote:
Thank you defense team for FINALLY releasing info that shows the true character of this thuglet punk Martin. Every form of media has been bombarded with photos and interviews where Martin's parents have tried to paint him as some kind of wholesome child. He was trouble looking for a place to happen and he found it. A little common sense advice for the Martin's - no matter how hard you try to candy coat shit, the truth that it's shit will come out.
As for the lawyer representing the Martin family, PLEASE learn how to pronounce your T's. I would hope that whatever university you attended to attain your NAACP/federal grant funded education required some public speaking/proper English classes. If you want to be taken seriously, stop talking your ghetto slang like you're talking to your homies.
Whether Trayvon Martin was a punk or not is entirely immaterial. Four years ago, I was on a jury for a murder trial where somebody blew away a drug pusher. The fact that he was a drug pusher did not prevent us from finding the shooter guilty of premeditated murder (or murder one, if you please). The only issue is who was acting in self defense. Let the jury sort that one out.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#59122 May 24, 2013
Tally wrote:
Zimmerman killed Martin.
What's so hard to understand about that?
Zimmerman should be punished.
He is, he is be procicuted for a crime that is justifiable homicide. Tryavon had an illegal gun at home, and maryjane plants. He was already a drugie and zimmerman was lucky Trayvon didn't have his gun on him.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#59123 May 24, 2013
Tallywhacker wrote:
One post of you ****ing your **** was enough. We don't need a repeat performance.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59124 May 24, 2013
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Lesson learned, I it could be said, you shouldn't run from the rookie cops.
Especially if you are black.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#59125 May 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Uh-oh. There goes that "child on a horse theory."
New Trayvon Martin Case Evidence: Defense Team Releases Photos, Texts That Teen Had On His Phone
By MIKE SCHNEIDER 05/23/13 07:48 PM ET EDT
ORLANDO, Fla. Data released Thursday by the defense from slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin's cellphone includes texts with a friend about fighting, smoking pot and being forced to move out of his mother's house because of trouble at school, as well as photos of a gun and what looks to be a potted marijuana plant.
A hearing next week will decide if the information can be used at the trial for George Zimmerman, who is charged with fatally shooting the unarmed 17-year-old last year during a confrontation at a gated community in Sanford. Prosecutors want the negative evidence omitted, but Zimmerman's defense attorney said if they try to portray his client as the antagonist and Martin as the victim, he wants to show the jury that Martin has talked about fighting before.
"If they had suggested that Trayvon is nonviolent and that George is the aggressor, I think that makes evidence of the fighting he has been involved with in the past relevant," said Mark O'Mara.
Zimmerman, 29, has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming self-defense and his trial starts next month. O'Mara also filed a motion Thursday asking for a delay in the start of the trial so the defense team can talk at length with an expert witness for the prosecution.
The photos released by Zimmerman's defense team also show Martin blowing smoke and extending his middle finger to the camera.
In the text messages, Martin tells a friend that his mother has told him he needs to move in with his father since he was caught skipping school. He also talks with a friend about smoking "weed."
In another section, he describes being in a fight where his opponent got more hits than he did in the first round.
Prosecutors have filed a motion asking Circuit Judge Debra Nelson to prevent the photos, texts and other personal information from being used at the trial. The hearing is set for next Tuesday when the judge also will consider the motion to delay the trial.
Attorneys for Martin's parents said in a statement that the photos and texts were irrelevant to the trial and could pollute the jury pool.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/tray...
Isn't it great how they try to poison the jury son?

This is not a good sign for the defense.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#59126 May 24, 2013
My Portal wrote:
He was already a drugie and zimmerman was lucky Trayvon didn't have his gun on him.
The pedophile zimmerman had an arrest record and had already gone through drug rehab at least once.

Almost ALL Americans have used maryjane... or worse, much worse... Does that make them all druggies?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#59127 May 24, 2013
Al Chimpton wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Says hi assho1e! He wants to bite your face off like a good chimpanzee.
XOXO.
Hi Al!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#59128 May 24, 2013
My Portal wrote:
<quoted text>He is, he is be procicuted for a crime that is justifiable homicide. Tryavon had an illegal gun at home, and maryjane plants. He was already a drugie and zimmerman was lucky Trayvon didn't have his gun on him.
What Martin had at home has no bearing on this case. He was unarmed at the time and that is the only thing the jury can legally consider in regards to his relationship to a firearm. BTW, there are many law biding citizens with guns at home anyway. There is no proof if he owned one that he intended to use it unlawfully. You really need to familiarize yourself with criminal law. The jury will simply have to choose between who felt threatened by whom first. Had Zimmerman not tried to follow Martin in the first place against the advice of the police dispatcher, none of this would have ever happened in the first place. Martin had no weapons or contraband on him at the time and was returning to where he was staying and was just a few houses away from his destination.
1 post removed

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#59130 May 24, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>What Martin had at home has no bearing on this case. He was unarmed at the time and that is the only thing the jury can legally consider in regards to his relationship to a firearm. BTW, there are many law biding citizens with guns at home anyway. There is no proof if he owned one that he intended to use it unlawfully. You really need to familiarize yourself with criminal law. The jury will simply have to choose between who felt threatened by whom first. Had Zimmerman not tried to follow Martin in the first place against the advice of the police dispatcher, none of this would have ever happened in the first place. Martin had no weapons or contraband on him at the time and was returning to where he was staying and was just a few houses away from his destination.
Sorry, it goes to his being and character. Just as Zimmerman's does as well.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#59131 May 24, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're driving around late at night with heavily tinted windows and are then surprised that a cop has a hard time determining if you have a seat belt on or not?
NO I am saying there was no way he could not tell one way or the other. They are suppose to have probable cause to stop someone. ie, they see SEE you ain't wearing a belt. Damn, are you dumb. I bet your windows are tinted. I don't know of any cars built in the last 20 years that aren't.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#59132 May 24, 2013
You're probably talking Florida. My car has tinted windows from the back seat going back, but not the driver's window or the windshield. It's a 2008. We don't have many cars here with dark-tinted glass, and I believe it's the law that the front seats and windshields can't be tinted (except very lightly, as they have been forever).

Deltona Fla

#59133 May 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile zimmerman had an arrest record and had already gone through drug rehab at least once.
Almost ALL Americans have used maryjane... or worse, much worse... Does that make them all druggies?
It is called the rapist defense. You try to smear the victim.
Son OJsons Sons Sons Son

Reston, VA

#59134 May 24, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>NO I am saying there was no way he could not tell one way or the other. They are suppose to have probable cause to stop someone. ie, they see SEE you ain't wearing a belt. Damn, are you dumb. I bet your windows are tinted. I don't know of any cars built in the last 20 years that aren't.
Cops are TRAINED to spot if you're not wearing a seat belt. If you are driving behind tinted windows at night the cop might be unable to make a determination one way or the other, at which point he/she has the legal right to pull your stupid ass over and make sure that you do not pose a danger to yourself or others on the road.

Driving in a vehicle with tinted front windows at night is dangerous, and is why it is illegal in most states. Try to get insurance if you have dark tint on your front windows. Don't let your insurance company find out or else they'll drop you like a hot rock.

Who do you think you are? You think the rules don't apply for you? That's special! Ohhhh... precious, mommy's calling. Go home now.

Deltona Fla

#59135 May 24, 2013
jackson wrote:
You're probably talking Florida. My car has tinted windows from the back seat going back, but not the driver's window or the windshield. It's a 2008. We don't have many cars here with dark-tinted glass, and I believe it's the law that the front seats and windshields can't be tinted (except very lightly, as they have been forever).
My fronts and windshield are tinted lighter than the rears. It came from the factory that way. It really doesn't matter. The cop was behind me. His only view was through the rear window. He was out trolling for drunks and was harassing people doing nothing. I am sure that if he pulled over enough people he would eventually get one. It is a numbers game, but that not what he is suppose to be doing. He is suppose to be looking for signs of drinking, not just harassing innocent people. The cops around here view the community they are suppose to be protecting as the enemy.
Puddwhacker

Chicago, IL

#59136 May 24, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>My fronts and windshield are tinted lighter than the rears. It came from the factory that way. It really doesn't matter. The cop was behind me. His only view was through the rear window. He was out trolling for drunks and was harassing people doing nothing. I am sure that if he pulled over enough people he would eventually get one. It is a numbers game, but that not what he is suppose to be doing. He is suppose to be looking for signs of drinking, not just harassing innocent people. The cops around here view the community they are suppose to be protecting as the enemy.
What about signs of smoking weed?..... Do cops look for signs of smoking weed also?..... It's obvious you view the police as the enemy, most citizens who are "less than law abiding" do..... Hey man it was only an ambulance!..... Light up another one!....lol!
Puddwhacker

Chicago, IL

#59137 May 24, 2013
Can you get pulled over for having tinted windows?

You bet your ass you can.

Tinted windows must pass a vigorous standard for the amount of tint used in the process. Factory tint usually meets specifications whereas other applications by window film installers and banjo playin' country bumpkins like Swampudd usually do not come up to snuff.

Driving is a privilege, until that privilege is revoked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Coffee Party 241,599
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 2 min Chilli J 1,083
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,548,714
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 4 min old_moose 542
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Chicagoan by Birth 274,709
News John McCain: Otto Warmbier 'murdered by the Kim... 7 min Red Crosse 73
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 12 min Red Crosse 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 14 min old_moose 7,100
More from around the web