Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#58781 May 16, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I just hope they try to say it was Martin screaming in court. I can see it now. Martin attacks Zimmerman pinning him on the ground, pounding his face with his fists, and bashing his head against the cement and all the time, Martin is screaming for help. LOL!
If that's their strategy, for their sake I do hope they get the OJ jurors. In all of my life, I have never seen the dominator of a fight on top of his losing opponent screaming for help. That's a new one. LOL!
Martin was defending himself unarmed against a man with a gun. Of course he will keep screaming for help even if he had managed to get Zimmermen on the ground. Even Zimmermen's injuries are suspect because one of the first wittness after the shooting saw Zimmermen hitting his head against a wall. Now O'Mara is claiming both men were screaming for help. ie, he knows that it was Martin screaming for help on the tape.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#58782 May 16, 2013
get well soon trayvon, we're all pulling for you.

Deltona Fla

#58783 May 16, 2013
A couple days ago a cop in Deland ran a kid down and killed him with his squad car. The kids crime was driving without a license. When the cop stopped him he tried to run on foot so the cop ran him down with his car. The kid was Black, so it must have been self defense.

Deltona Fla

#58784 May 16, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
get well soon trayvon, we're all pulling for you.
We all know what you are pulling on. I just did not know you were into gay necrophilia.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#58785 May 16, 2013
I vividly remember the first witness's statement to a reporter on the scene. The witness was behind his partially closed door. The witness said these things - not verbatim, but the information is accurate:
The guy in red was on the ground, the other guy was on top of him hitting his head onto the concrete.
The witness then said he closed the door and went upstairs -- heard a shot and when he looked out, the one who had been on top was lying on the ground.

These statements, as I heard them, seemed honest and above board. I don't know who that witness is, I haven't followed it that closely. I don't know if he changed his story, but this is the information given to the first reporter on the scene from the first witness who spoke.

Seems as though it was probably pretty accurate to me.

By the way - I have no interest in supporting Zimmerman or Martin. This is just as I heard it, and I had no reason to doubt its veracity.

Deltona Fla

#58786 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
I vividly remember the first witness's statement to a reporter on the scene. The witness was behind his partially closed door. The witness said these things - not verbatim, but the information is accurate:
The guy in red was on the ground, the other guy was on top of him hitting his head onto the concrete.
The witness then said he closed the door and went upstairs -- heard a shot and when he looked out, the one who had been on top was lying on the ground.
These statements, as I heard them, seemed honest and above board. I don't know who that witness is, I haven't followed it that closely. I don't know if he changed his story, but this is the information given to the first reporter on the scene from the first witness who spoke.
Seems as though it was probably pretty accurate to me.
By the way - I have no interest in supporting Zimmerman or Martin. This is just as I heard it, and I had no reason to doubt its veracity.
Zimmermen want to hang his entire case on that one witness and forget about everything that happened berfore that. I believe that Zimmermen is lying because his statement does not fit with the physical location. Zimmermen claimed he was returning to his car when Martin jumped him out of nowhere. Where the shooting took place is NOT on the way bact to his car and there is no place for Martin hide which would have been necccessary for Martin to "jump him out of nowhere".
3 posts removed

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#58790 May 16, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
At 2:26, the dispatcher says,“Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds,“Okay.”
Distance from the truck when he says okay?

How did the pedophile get three blocks away?

Why did the pedophile end up in the opposite direction of where he was to meet the cops who were on the way?

Someone accosts you at night on the sidewalk in front of your home, what do you do?

Wipe your chin, Dongliqueur.

Location hidden

#58791 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
I vividly remember the first witness's statement to a reporter on the scene.
Statements to reporters are not the same as statements to the police.

Memories can improve when you are reminded that you can go to jail for perjury if you lie in these cases.

You know, as the pedophile's ugly fat wife lied and will end up going to jail for perjury.
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#58794 May 16, 2013
Jason wrote:
My statement has everything to do with the evidence in this case, and that evidence begins with Al Sharpton.
Sharpton has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

Who's next? OJ?

Location hidden

#58795 May 16, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps your own memory will improve when you are reminded of the basketball team you blew in the locker room
I think you must have hit your lead on the locker too hard when you finished with the football team, Sonny.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58796 May 16, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really Swampudd?
My statement has everything to do with the evidence in this case, and that evidence begins with Al Sharpton. The evidence against him is overwhelming...Tawana Brawley, the Duke La-cross players, the trail of dead and maimed, the list goes on and on......
You're a filthy POS SOB. I pop CKsuckers like you for Shiite's and giggles. Your racial hatred has backfired on your silly ass. You'll always be a loser, a scatter brain, and a dope addict, among other things.
Non-hygienic fem boys like you and barefoot must really get cooties from slurping each others sch-longs, yes?
GFY!
lol! You do know the Duke case is completely different and has been resolved, right?

Then again, maybe you don't! That would require intelligence!
No you are

Trenton, NJ

#58797 May 16, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
At 2:17 sec, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.
At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds,“Yeah.”
At 2:26, the dispatcher says,“Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds,“Okay.”
Zimmerman proceeds to give the dispatcher his name. Then he says,“He ran.”
Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.
So Zimmerman says 'okay' about ten seconds after he started running and thirteen seconds later he is breathing totally normal.Apparently he stopped chasing Martin at about the TEN second mark otherwise overweight George would have still been breathing heavy into the phone thirteen seconds later. He was not.
George wasn't overweight at the time of the shooting.
1 post removed
jackson

Lexington, KY

#58799 May 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Statements to reporters are not the same as statements to the police.
Memories can improve when you are reminded that you can go to jail for perjury if you lie in these cases.
You know, as the pedophile's ugly fat wife lied and will end up going to jail for perjury.
Why would this witness have any reason to not tell the truth to the reporter? This is before he even knew who was involved.
Maybe it's not your style, but I think most who witness such an incident would be inclined to be truthful to a reporter, especially with it all fresh in their mind.
My thinking is it's possible someone might have gotten to the witness and advised him it would be in his best interest to tell a different tale.
I don't know for sure, but neither do you. Let's let the jury weigh the evidence.

Location hidden

#58800 May 16, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
A couple days ago a cop in Deland ran a kid down and killed him with his squad car. The kids crime was driving without a license. When the cop stopped him he tried to run on foot so the cop ran him down with his car. The kid was Black, so it must have been self defense.
Swampy 'Reasonable force' was used. The cop didn't know what the kid had in his possession. He ran, and 'reasonable force' was used to apprehend him. Case closed.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58801 May 16, 2013
Son of Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
I got your intelligence swinging right here, Piggy!
"Weeee....weeee....we we we we....weeee....
Go back now and root through the shite....you filthy pig eating maggot!
LOL!
lol! You're not well son.

But you seem to be proud of it!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#58802 May 16, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Swampy 'Reasonable force' was used. The cop didn't know what the kid had in his possession. He ran, and 'reasonable force' was used to apprehend him. Case closed.
So... you're attributing this to poor training on the cops part?

interesting...

Location hidden

#58803 May 16, 2013
No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
George wasn't overweight at the time of the shooting.
Not if you are a walrus.

He was just a foot short for his weight.

Location hidden

#58804 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would this witness have any reason to not tell the truth to the reporter?
Why would this witness change his story after he was told by police he could go to jail for perjury if he didn't tell the truth?

Location hidden

#58805 May 16, 2013
jackson wrote:
Maybe it's not your style, but I think most who witness such an incident would be inclined to be truthful to a reporter
Because we know that when they are talking to a reporter, no one ever lies or tells a story making his role more important.

Humans are humble...

Location hidden

#58806 May 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... you're attributing this to poor training on the cops part?
interesting...
Yeahoo, you really show what you know about police training.... No biggy, just shows to go ya how lieberal reason..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,403,103
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 4 min Trumping On 108
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 5 min spud 1,477
News Democratic National Convention 2016: Everything... 5 min Wall Street 2
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min brad 232,758
News Newt for Veep: a oeWild speculationa 8 min Retired SOF 217
News Trump doubles back to hit Cruz 9 min YouDidntBuildThat 16
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 15 min Trumping On 146
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min Sharrp Shooter 390,997
More from around the web