Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
44,201 - 44,220 of 65,544 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

chess not checkers wrote:
George left his vehicle looking for an address.Even if George was walking a bit further still does not give trayvon the right to beat George up. I base my opinion that trayvon confronted and attacked George because of the injuries george sustained. Remember the witness who said he saw trayvon throwing punches mma style. Remember trayvon did not have one single injury
He had a bullet wound to the chest.

Trayvon had every right to defend himself from Zimmerthugman. It's called self defense.

As all of the sponsors of the SYG law have publicly stated, SYG does not apply to someone who seeks out an unarmed child and shoots him. They have all said publicly it does not apply to Zimmerman. That also doesn't come under the self defense laws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pedophile was not out for a walk.
For you to say so shows you are as open-minded as you insist you are.
The fact is: the pedophile was stalking this boy who had every right to be right where he was at.
The fact remains: the pedophile had already "convicted" this boy of a crime he had not committed- and this is on tape.
So we have this armed cop-wannabe out at night stalking this boy who had every right to be exactly where he was at.
Explain the circumstances that you would be alright with this pedophile shooting your kid in the chest. You sent him to the store to pick up some milk and butter for dinner and an hour later the police call and your kid is dead on the sidewalk a hundred feet from your door.
You must have missed her posts about blacks and anal sex. She post under so many aliases, I guess because she is ashamed to own her own words. She only pretends to be nice when she's getting ready to expose herself for the racist she is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwww... funny how you can't post a link to defend your comments about me claiming Zimmerman is guilty.
It's as if it doesn't exist!
ROFLMAO. It is, isn't it!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Also i can say that if my son went out to get milk and butter he would have his pants pulled up and no cut through houses looking at others property;

And god forbid if he was approached by a concerned citizen he would nit attack that person he wuld answer the authority figures questions. If feeling threatened then call 911 or run or if need be defend yourself, however there is no proof that george attacked martin
Trayvon was on the sidewalk talking to a friend. He wasn't casing houses.

You choose to ignore the fact that Zimmerthugman did not identify himself when he accosted Trayvon. He knew Zimmerthugman had been following him and most likely thought he was being stalked by a pedophile. Turns out, he was.

There is no proof Trayvon attacked Zimmerthugman. There is only evidence that he defended himself.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Bo Diddy wrote:
<quoted text>
UUUUUMMMMM!!!! That's loser, dear, not looser.LOL
done on purpose, just wanted to see how many i could sucker
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't know what evidence is I see..........ROTFLMAO
But what do you expect crime someone like you??
And yet, you're still a proven liar since you don't have any "evidence" to prove your accusation of Zimmerman being guilty.

Oh well....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> He was looking for a definitive location to give to the dispatcher and police on their arrival. Yes if that meant George was heading in the direction that the suspicious person was then shall be it. There is no law that states a concerned citizen cannot walk around the block with a concealed weapon.. There was no malice intent,, he was looking for a specific address otherwise he made it clear he was on his way back to his truck
Zimmerthugman wasn't "walking around the block". He was stalking an unarmed child against LE instructions, against NW rules and against common sense. There certainly was malice intent. He was a vigilante and he murdered an unarmed kid in cold blood. That's precisely why he disconnected from the dispatcher before he hot footed it after Trayvon.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post evidence that proves your claim..........LOL
OOOOS ya can't can ya
Al of the evidence shows ash tray attacked Zim..........LOL
lol! Funny how you can't son.

It's as if you lied.... and you DID!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>In Florida, once self-defense is invoked, the burden is on the prosecution to disprove the claim.
You better let Florida know son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Not until you do..........LOL
Yes or no answer to what son? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Because I sure don't know what you're referencing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>
done on purpose, just wanted to see how many i could sucker
Were all of the other mistakes done on purpose also? Who do you think you are fooling?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> 10-4 you are right. its incredible to watch YEAH worm his/her way out of that lie.. Also didnt yeah claim that zim is guilty based on there being a gun and a dead body,,words to that effect..
You are a liar.

You remind me of a snake, slithering up to people and then striking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

he did not admit to "stalking" under FL law. The only way they could prove he was the instigator, is that if they could prove he attacked Martin, initially, and so far, we haven't heard anything that proves that.
Now, they may be able to do it, but don't see it yet. I have a question.
Would YEAH argue with an article by physicians about a surgical procedure?
YEAH why are you arguing with the legal analysis, that is done by equal professionals. Even the prosecutor has admitted that she will have a rough go of it.
You must have missed O'Mara whining about how difficult his job defending Zimmerthugman is. That's why he kept postponing and postponing the trial until the judge put her foot down and starting denying his motions.
3 posts removed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

"What's an affirmative defense?

An affirmative defense is a justification for the defendant having committed the accused crime. It differs from other defenses because the defendant admits that he did, in fact, break the law. He is simply arguing that he has a good reason for having done so, and therefore should be excused from all criminal liability.

In criminal trials, the most common affirmative defenses include self-defense, defense of others and insanity. Duress, entrapment and involuntary intoxication are used less often.

To see how one of these defenses works, let's look at the pending Trayvon Martin trial. George Zimmerman will undoubtedly argue that he acted in self-defense as defined by Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. There's absolutely no question that he killed Martin. If he can successfully prove he acted in self-defense, the law says he cannot be convicted of murder. He will go free.

The same analysis would apply to almost all of the affirmative defenses -- if accepted by the judge or jury, the defendant goes free. The only affirmative defense that differs is insanity. When defendants are found not guilty by reason of insanity, they are often placed in psychiatric institutions.

Still, a temporary stay in a hospital has got to be better than a prison."
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep
Why are you unable to post the links to back up your claim????
Uh.... but I did.... Chief Running Scared
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Caught in another lie
I graduated at 16
Graduated what at 16??? Pre-school??!!! ROTFALMFAO!!! Or "How to be an Accomplished Liar 101"??
indy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Six wrote:
You people just get on here an vent and say whatever is on your mind and thats cool no matter how ignorant it is, but do you hate minorities that much to where you rather watch america fall than to treat us like we walk upright and bleed like you?
..... umm, you people??? u racist
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Its all good if trayvon was just walking on the sidewalk minding his own business but the evidence shows that he attacked George ,.. What would you do if you were being vigilant in your neighborhood and were attacked by a stranger?
you inbred snot nosed racist bast@rds keep saying that.... but inconsistencies and outright (proven) lies in GI Janie's multiple statements say otherwise.
indy

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Six wrote:
You know you are truly sick anytime you find comfort in a childs death. A child that was minding his own business. That could have been your child!!!
...yes what happened to that innocent baby who was shot in the face was horrible, hopefully the prez will speak out on how tragic that was .... but im sure youll say we dont know the facts, im sure the baby was trying to jack 'em .... well we dont know all the facts yet on treyvons case,...... the suspects look like what his sons would look like if he had some....acc to him .......... why doesnt the lib media show both involved in the case as 12 yr olds? they show treyvon as if he was a boy...and we know we cant say that ....
Mike

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

The only good thing so far is that the criminal piece of garbage, ashtray is still dead. Next Zimmerman will be found not guilty and the knee grows will burn down their own Nieghborhoods. Ha ha ha !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••