Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,081

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#52273 Feb 19, 2013
do unto others wrote:
No wonder you think there is no evidence of a crime. It states right in the probable cause definition-'reasonably intelligent and prudent person'. Guess that leaves you out.
ROFLMAO. Ain't it the truth!!!!!
1 post removed

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#52275 Feb 19, 2013
But Zazz the truth is people can un-learn bigotry and hatred. I did. And the kids in my 'I Love Diversity' after school class, are too.
I wasn't just ashamed of believing what my family taught me, I was so ashamed, I decided to make sure kids had a chance to learn the truth about other races and cultures at an earlier age than I did.
I know it doesn't mean the hateful, but unspoken thoughts I had about Blacks growing up never happened, but it does make them quieter in my memories.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#52277 Feb 19, 2013
discordian wrote:
another scumbag Traygone look a like gets away with murder:
Federal appeals court halts Ga. execution
www.philly.com/.../20130219_ap_federalappeals... - Cached
5 hours ago ... 17, 1990 beating death of Joseph Handspike. Hill was serving a life sentence at
the time for the slaying of his 18-year-old girlfriend, who was ...
He doesn't resemble him at all. Are you blind?

No, you're a bigot, full of hate.

Location hidden

#52278 Feb 19, 2013
do unto others wrote:
But Zazz the truth is people can un-learn bigotry and hatred. I did. And the kids in my 'I Love Diversity' after school class, are too.
I wasn't just ashamed of believing what my family taught me, I was so ashamed, I decided to make sure kids had a chance to learn the truth about other races and cultures at an earlier age than I did.
I know it doesn't mean the hateful, but unspoken thoughts I had about Blacks growing up never happened, but it does make them quieter in my memories.
The difference is, you were open minded. You wanted to learn and grow as a person. These bigots are stuck in their hate, they thrive on it. They love to hate.

I too have many relatives who are bigots. However, they never stoop to the level of these haters on here.

I traveled extensively at a young age. I learned that their are diversities in people everywhere. You can't cookie cut people, especially based on their color. That's just plain stupid.

I know these people won't change. Many of them are elderly and they have taught their children to hate in the same way they were taught.

I don't think they are representative of our society anymore though. They are just old fogies stuck in the past and unhappy with their own lives.

Location hidden

#52279 Feb 19, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go back and look at this link and show me where the SYG hearing was ever brought up..........ROTFLMAO
Ooooops ya cant can ya and just proved you are a liar again........
On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...
The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……
I told you before, I don't have the time nor the inclination to pour over back pages looking for posts. Unlike you, I have a life.

You are a hater and a bigot.

You are also too dumb to prove anything. You couldn't prove the sky is blue or the grass is green.
2 posts removed

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Colima, Mexico

#52282 Feb 20, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Violent crime is actually down,'Here'.
Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008
Alexia Cooper, Erica Smith
November 16, 2011 NCJ 236018
Presents findings from data on homicides that occurred in the United States from 1980 through 2008. It also includes overall homicide rates for 2009 and 2010. The report contains a series of tables and figures that describe homicide patterns and trends. This patterns and trends release analyzes homicide trends by age, sex, and race, including homicides of children under age 5 and of persons age 65 or older. It examines the relationship between the victim and the offender, particularly in cases of intimate and family homicide. Data include homicides involving multiple victims and offenders, circumstances surrounding the death, justifiable homicides, law enforcement officers killed, homicides cleared, and homicide trends by city size and weapon use. The data are primarily from the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Reports with summary data from the annual report, Crime in the United States, for 2009 and 2010.
Highlights:
In the last decade (since 2000) the homicide rate declined to levels last seen in the mid-1960s.
Based on data from 1980 and 2008, males represented 77% of homicide victims and nearly 90% of offenders. The victimization rate for males (11.6 per 100,000) was 3 times higher than the rate for females (3.4 per 100,000). The offending rate for males (15.1 per 100,000) was almost 9 times higher than the rate for females (1.7 per 100,000).
The average age of both offenders and victims increased slightly in recent years, yet remained lower than they were prior to the late 1980s.
Part of the Homicide Trends in the United States Series
Press Release
PDF (1M)
ASCII file (48K)
Spreadsheets (Zip format 76K)
Help for using BJS products
To cite this product, use the following link:
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/index.cfm...
View All Publications and Products
Blacks still commit more crimes per capita than whites..........

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#52283 Feb 20, 2013
do unto others wrote:
No wonder you think there is no evidence of a crime. It states right in the probable cause definition-'reasonably intelligent and prudent person'. Guess that leaves you out.
Please show us this evidence..........ROTFLMAO

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#52284 Feb 20, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you before, I don't have the time nor the inclination to pour over back pages looking for posts. Unlike you, I have a life.
You are a hater and a bigot.
You are also too dumb to prove anything. You couldn't prove the sky is blue or the grass is green.
No need to pour over anything..........Just look at a few post before where moron claims the burden of proof in a court of law falls on the defense......

The fool is asked to prove that Zim broke any law and she claims that the defense must prove that he did not break any law..........ROTFLMAO

Just because I enjoy shooting black thugs does not mean I am a hater........

Proved you wrong many times..........

Still waiting for you to show any evidence that Zim broke any law.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#52285 Feb 20, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to pour over anything..........Just look at a few post before where moron claims the burden of proof in a court of law falls on the defense......
The fool is asked to prove that Zim broke any law and she claims that the defense must prove that he did not break any law..........ROTFLMAO
Just because I enjoy shooting black thugs does not mean I am a hater........
Proved you wrong many times..........
Still waiting for you to show any evidence that Zim broke any law.....
lol! Seems you keep injecting your claim in order to keep your story going son.

Keep going. You're already over the mental cliff so you have nothing to lose!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#52286 Feb 20, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny. You don't have any.

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#52287 Feb 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Seems you keep injecting your claim in order to keep your story going son.
Keep going. You're already over the mental cliff so you have nothing to lose!
Spin spin spin does not change your lies..........LOl

On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...

The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution.........
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p ...

Moron yea wrote:
lol! Nope. Don't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#52288 Feb 20, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. You don't have any.
Really???????

Grass stains
Zims injuries
911 call ash tray call to GF
Witness
Autopsy report.....

ooooops you are caught in another lie..........LOL

So why cant you post any evidence that shows Zim broke any law?????
Laughing from North of 49

Hamilton, Canada

#52289 Feb 20, 2013
gossamer wrote:
<quoted text>
WHy don't blacks in the larger cities speak out against the gangs that are murdering other blacks?
ahhh.... but they do. You saying they don't doesn't make it so. And so does the latino community against latino gangs... and (horrors of horrors) the white community against white gangs (ya... like there aren't any).
1 post removed
Ya kidding

United States

#52291 Feb 20, 2013
The reporter assumed Zimmeman was a white guy.
1 post removed
Truth

Duluth, GA

#52293 Feb 20, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>Might be evidence that happened. they got transcripts from zimmermans cell phone. martin was talking to his 'ho' on his cell as it was unfolding. It shouldn't take much of a court order to supeona those records from the carrier and it is relevant to the case.

That's whats gunna get zimmerman life?

LOL, I wouldn't doubt if he left his cell on, recording the whole incident. I wouldn't put it past ANY teenager to do that. HAA listen while I kick this dudes ass, LOL maybe even live streamed it to post it on youtube so his posse be seein him gettin down...

That would make a big boom wouldn't it, either way.
A witness did see Martin beating him and the autopsy reveals no evidence that Martin had injuries other than bruised knuckles and a gunshot wound. Zimmerman's injuries was a broken nose and lacerations to the face and back of the head. Pretty good evidence for self defense.
2 posts removed

United States

#52296 Feb 20, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The state's attorney has already shown a reasonably intelligent and prudent person this evidence at the probable cause hearing. The judge agreed that there was enough evidence pointing to Zimmerman's guilt to have him stand trial for murder.
1 post removed

United States

#52298 Feb 20, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is, you were open minded. You wanted to learn and grow as a person. These bigots are stuck in their hate, they thrive on it. They love to hate.
I too have many relatives who are bigots. However, they never stoop to the level of these haters on here.
I traveled extensively at a young age. I learned that their are diversities in people everywhere. You can't cookie cut people, especially based on their color. That's just plain stupid.
I know these people won't change. Many of them are elderly and they have taught their children to hate in the same way they were taught.
I don't think they are representative of our society anymore though. They are just old fogies stuck in the past and unhappy with their own lives.
Kind of makes me feel sorry for them. Nobody can truly be happy with all that hate in their heart. Not sorry enough for them to excuse their behavior, but their lives must be misreble.
1 post removed

United States

#52300 Feb 20, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones spouting hate is you blacks..........
You IDIOT!!! I'm white, and I'm not 'spouting' anything but the truth and maybe a little pity for poor pathetic fools like you.
Truth

Duluth, GA

#52301 Feb 20, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>The state's attorney has already shown a reasonably intelligent and prudent person this evidence at the probable cause hearing. The judge agreed that there was enough evidence pointing to Zimmerman's guilt to have him stand trial for murder.
That's not how it works. The prosecutor can spin whatever story they want to a Judge and get a warrant. Also a Judge only had to feel that there is enough evidence for an arrest warrant not that there is guilt. Duh. In this case if you saw the hearing you would see that when the prosecutor obtained the warrant they did not mention to the Judge that a witness saw Martin on top of Zimmerman and that Zimmerman's nose was broken and he had lacerations to the back of his head. It's that easy for an officer or prosecutor to get a warrant. You really should get more informed about the case because it just make you look ignorant when you comment.
2 posts removed

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#52304 Feb 20, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this Cousin.
You're welcome, although I know it will not penetrate the rubbery brain of the poster I hoped it would. ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US stocks start lower 4 min Peter 25
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Grey Ghost 1,109,989
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 16 min - Lady Liberty - 262,126
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 19 min fubar 22,579
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 48 min Life is Love 305,612
New Zealand Jihadist Wants to Leave Syria. Ther... 1 hr Mum of Tarris 5
How Raising the Minimum Wage Destroys Jobs 1 hr kuda 26
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Limbertwig 153,366
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 5 hr xxxrayted 235
Obama vows "relentless" fight against ISIS 7 hr sandy1 111
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••