Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 20 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47868 Jan 7, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not imagine not having at least one video of my children every month
I can't imagine you not having videos of young children playing in the park.

Seems to run up your alley.

Location hidden

#47869 Jan 7, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
That proves Zim was on his back and the dead black perp was on top of Zim beating him
I have no doubt the pedophile Zimmerman spends a lot of time on his back and will spend more in the coming months.

As far as the state of Florida is concerned: he ran three blocks before he could claim he was on his back.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#47870 Jan 7, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot possibly be as stupid or as ignorant as you appear.
lol! I dunno.... he's trying real hard to be!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#47871 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, son. The prosecution doesn't have to make the case for self defense. That's the defense's job.
Because now Zimmy could say another person actually pulled the trigger and under your "legal definitions," it's up to the state to prove the claim wrong.
The state only need to make it's case. And the defense, theirs. This is all part of the adversarial legal system we have.
You're problem is you're trying to draw a legal road map outside of the legal system .
As for syg, the longer it takes to get to that hearing, the more it looks like the state has a better case. And if your "witness" is as strong as you made him out to be with corroborating evidence from forensics, this case should have been over long ago.
But it hasn't even started. And the ignition for that is the defense and it's clear they're not ready.
All high profile cases take forever to get to trial. Where have you been?

I didn't say the prosecution has to make Zimmerman's case for self-defense. What I said is that Zimmerman is considered innocent because of self-defense unless prosecution can prove otherwise. He is not considered a murderer because he's charged with it. He is considered not a murderer in the eyes of the law and our system of justice.

Prosecution has to prove that he is a murderer or not covered under SYG laws should it go to that court. Until that time, he is considered innocent because of SYG laws until proven he wasn't or that there are circumstances that require a trial. But if it makes it to the murder trial, again, he is an innocent man.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#47872 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well son. You've already drawn your personal conclusion.
I still say Zimmmy should have his day in court.
After all, what are you afraid of? Losing?
Where did I ever state he shouldn't have his day in court? I don't think he should have been charged with anything, this is true. But now that he has, I look forward to the trial.
2 posts removed

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47875 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You lied about the syg hearing son.

It's real simple if you READ!
Prove it troll....

Oops ya can't

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47876 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And yet, you lied son.

Did you miss that part?
Prove it troll

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47877 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You lied son. that's too bad... for you!
Prove it or you are the liar

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47878 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! that's because you're too stupid son!

but you're a proven liar again!

but then, that's no surprise...
Prove it or you are proven a liar
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47879 Jan 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
All high profile cases take forever to get to trial. Where have you been?
I didn't say the prosecution has to make Zimmerman's case for self-defense. What I said is that Zimmerman is considered innocent because of self-defense unless prosecution can prove otherwise. He is not considered a murderer because he's charged with it. He is considered not a murderer in the eyes of the law and our system of justice.
Prosecution has to prove that he is a murderer or not covered under SYG laws should it go to that court. Until that time, he is considered innocent because of SYG laws until proven he wasn't or that there are circumstances that require a trial. But if it makes it to the murder trial, again, he is an innocent man.
lol! Where have you been son?

Yes, Zimmy is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

It doesn't matter what the charge is!

Yes, the prosecution has to prove their case for whatever the charge if they go to trial.

No, the defense has to make their prima fascia case in the syg hearing if that's the route they choose.

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47880 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! and we've also proven you're a liar son.

now that's as foolish as you can be!
Prove it or you are the liar
Here Is One

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47881 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! awwww.... too bad you're too stupid to know when you're caught in your own lies son.

but it sure is entertaining for the rest of the normal people son!
Too. Bad you are to stupid to prove anything you claim
Here Is One

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47882 Jan 7, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! and you've been a proven liar on syg son.

only you refuse to believe you were caught being stupid. from my perspective, you made it easy!
Prove it liar

OOOPS ya can't so you are the liar
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47883 Jan 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I ever state he shouldn't have his day in court? I don't think he should have been charged with anything, this is true. But now that he has, I look forward to the trial.
lol! You didn't. Then again, you didn't say he should.

I just thought I should make my position clear since you have a penchant for telling me where I stand.
Here Is One

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47884 Jan 7, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Are you REALLY that STUPID?????

NOWHERE do I say that "the law says that he must testify". Listen one more time and this time open your eyes AND mind (oops).

DOES NOT SAY....

"the law says that he must testify"

My post did NOT say that "the law" says the Thug has to testify.

It says that I say the THUG has to testify.(BTW...so do other legal experts).

And I continue to say that the Thug has to testify if he wants to prove his case in a SYG hearing.

YOU FOOL.
It is a lie

He does not have to

Location hidden

#47885 Jan 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
What I said is that Zimmerman is considered innocent because of self-defense
You are full of cr@P.

Had you had been his attorney, this pedophile would already be in making whoopie with a long line of cellmates.

The pedophile shot and killed an unarmed BOY- a minor- and the state has to prove this pedophile was there with a gun and that he pulled the trigger.

It then moves to the pedophile.

This pedophile has to meet an objective standard of showing that the force he used was necessary and that he immediate fear of death or serious bodily harm.

IE: burden of proof moves to the pedophile.
Here Is One

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47886 Jan 7, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you don't know me.

You only think you do.
I know your ghetto type

Location hidden

#47887 Jan 7, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
But now that he has, I look forward to the trial.
It starts with the trial of his wife.
Here Is One

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47888 Jan 7, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot possibly be as stupid or as ignorant as you appear.
She was caught in another lie
Here Is One

Guadalajara, Mexico

#47889 Jan 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I can't imagine you not having videos of young children playing in the park.

Seems to run up your alley.
Tons of them
I try and video my kids once a week
I currently have two full terabytes and working on my third all backed up on line and on hot swap drives

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min ACTUALLY 161,666
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Jacques in Orleans 187,693
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min Brian_G 309,737
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Bluestater 1,223,200
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 25 min Brian_G 325,943
News Congressman: Global Warming Is A 'Religion' 28 min Earthling-1 32
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 52,967
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 3 hr Silent Echo 364
News Rand Paul: Societal problems in Baltimore inclu... 4 hr serfs up 121
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 hr Jay 180,043
More from around the web