Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66327 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

the skinny

Germany

#47311 Jan 5, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
When questioned by the FDLE, instead of the witness leading, witness correcting, witness coaching, inept Sanford PD, Witness John admits he doesn't know who was calling for help, it was too dark to see their mouths.

In addition to Martin's family saying it was Martin heard calling for help, 2 different audio voice experts, using 2 different methods of examination, would stake their reputations on the fact that it was not Zimmerman calling for help.
On the contrary, Martins father Tracy said that it WASN'T the voice of his son Trayvon that he heard screaming on the tape. His girlfriend also said that she didn't know if it was Trayvon screaming for help.

The audio experts never received a copy of Trayvon's voice with which to compare the audio. Can you tell me why the Martins never gave investigators a tape / digital recording of their sons voice?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47312 Jan 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Which turned out to be false. Or are you trying to tell us that while Martin was beating Zimmerman to death, Martin was screaming for help?
lol! Now there you go "drawing ridiculous conclusions" on your own son.

Just like your claim "...Martin was beating Zimmerman to death."

You've gone beyond the factual and into your opinions.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#47313 Jan 5, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
When questioned by the FDLE, instead of the witness leading, witness correcting, witness coaching, inept Sanford PD, Witness John admits he doesn't know who was calling for help, it was too dark to see their mouths.
In addition to Martin's family saying it was Martin heard calling for help, 2 different audio voice experts, using 2 different methods of examination, would stake their reputations on the fact that it was not Zimmerman calling for help.
Again I ask, what are you suggesting? That while Martin was beating the crap out of Zimmerman, Martin was yelling for help?

Background sounds of yelling for help in 9-1-1 calls

In recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, yells for help are audible in the background. Zimmerman's family says it was Zimmerman yelling for help, Martin's family says it was Martin yelling for help, and independent audio analysts offer differing opinions as to who was yelling for help.

Independent audio experts vary in their interpretations of the low-quality audio of the phone recordings, which one expert compared to analyzing low-resolution video from a security camera.[227] The FBI was not able to determine whether it was Zimmerman or Martin who could be heard yelling out for help in 9-1-1 calls, citing both poor audio quality and "the extreme emotional state of the person screaming."[228][229] Two expert audio technicians, listed as possible witnesses for the prosecution, analyzed the emergency calls made during the altercation and concluded that the screams did not come from Zimmerman.[230]

In an interview with prosecutors on March 19, Zimmerman's father identified the yells as George Zimmerman's, stating, "There is no doubt who is yelling for help. It is absolutely my son." Other relatives of Zimmerman, including his brother, concur and are equally adamant.[231] During a bond hearing on June 29, the 9-1-1 recording was played in court, and Zimmerman's father testified that "it was definitely George's" voice heard yelling for help in the recorded 9-1-1 call.[232]

According to police reports, after listening to audio recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, Martin's father, Tracy Martin, told police investigators that it was not Trayvon Martin's voice yelling for help.[206] Martin has since told reporters he was uncertain at that time, but that when he heard an enhanced recording on March 16 he was convinced it was his son yelling for help. Investigators interviewed Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, who reviewed the 9-1-1 calls to police and identified the voice crying for help as her son.[223] Investigators also interviewed Martin's cousin who stated that without a doubt "on a stack of bibles" it was Martin yelling for help on the 9-1-1 tape.[233][234]
During the FBI investigation, Witness 45, a neighbor of Zimmerman's, stated he was 110% sure the voice calling for help was Zimmerman's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin#Ba...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#47314 Jan 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The dead body that Zimmerman created.
Are you sure you know what's going on?
When did I ignore that fact? Did I ever dispute there was a dead body or something?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#47315 Jan 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Now there you go "drawing ridiculous conclusions" on your own son.
Just like your claim "...Martin was beating Zimmerman to death."
You've gone beyond the factual and into your opinions.
Did I draw a conclusion? I thought I asked a question. Why would Martin be screaming for help when he was the only one assaulting another person? His autopsy showed no signs of injury outside of the bullet wound.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47316 Jan 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ignore that fact? Did I ever dispute there was a dead body or something?
When you claimed the incident at the vehicle had no bearing.

Clearly you've ignore that point in order to make yours.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47317 Jan 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I draw a conclusion? I thought I asked a question. Why would Martin be screaming for help when he was the only one assaulting another person? His autopsy showed no signs of injury outside of the bullet wound.
lol! Another assumption on your part.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#47318 Jan 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I ask, what are you suggesting? That while Martin was beating the crap out of Zimmerman, Martin was yelling for help?
Background sounds of yelling for help in 9-1-1 calls
In recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, yells for help are audible in the background. Zimmerman's family says it was Zimmerman yelling for help, Martin's family says it was Martin yelling for help, and independent audio analysts offer differing opinions as to who was yelling for help.
Independent audio experts vary in their interpretations of the low-quality audio of the phone recordings, which one expert compared to analyzing low-resolution video from a security camera.[227] The FBI was not able to determine whether it was Zimmerman or Martin who could be heard yelling out for help in 9-1-1 calls, citing both poor audio quality and "the extreme emotional state of the person screaming."[228][229] Two expert audio technicians, listed as possible witnesses for the prosecution, analyzed the emergency calls made during the altercation and concluded that the screams did not come from Zimmerman.[230]
In an interview with prosecutors on March 19, Zimmerman's father identified the yells as George Zimmerman's, stating, "There is no doubt who is yelling for help. It is absolutely my son." Other relatives of Zimmerman, including his brother, concur and are equally adamant.[231] During a bond hearing on June 29, the 9-1-1 recording was played in court, and Zimmerman's father testified that "it was definitely George's" voice heard yelling for help in the recorded 9-1-1 call.[232]
According to police reports, after listening to audio recordings of the 9-1-1 calls, Martin's father, Tracy Martin, told police investigators that it was not Trayvon Martin's voice yelling for help.[206] Martin has since told reporters he was uncertain at that time, but that when he heard an enhanced recording on March 16 he was convinced it was his son yelling for help. Investigators interviewed Martin's mother, Sybrina Fulton, who reviewed the 9-1-1 calls to police and identified the voice crying for help as her son.[223] Investigators also interviewed Martin's cousin who stated that without a doubt "on a stack of bibles" it was Martin yelling for help on the 9-1-1 tape.[233][234]
During the FBI investigation, Witness 45, a neighbor of Zimmerman's, stated he was 110% sure the voice calling for help was Zimmerman's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travon_martin#Ba...
Son, you shouldn't use Wiki as your "source" since they've just discovered the biggest hoax in their history.

I don't know why you lazy people feel it's a "legitimate" source when even they claim they aren't.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#47319 Jan 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Another assumption on your part.
Nope, it was in story after story. No reports out there making claim that Martin had any injuries related to being hit.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#47320 Jan 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter bull. The job loss
Employment = trailing economic indicator.

High school macro economics.

We know why you don't understand.

Location hidden

#47321 Jan 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I ask, what are you suggesting? That while Martin was beating
Isn't it just too bad for the pedophile Zimmerman that he was three blocks away where he was supposed to be at, that the pedophile has a history of violence, that the pedophile as a record, that is a racist, that the pedophile has told four version of what happen, that the state of Florida has looked at the facts in this case and concludes it can put this pedophile in jail?

America is a little safer... certainly, black children are safer.

Location hidden

#47322 Jan 5, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Independent audio experts vary in their interpretations of the low-quality audio of the phone recordings
There is no disputing that who ever was yelling, he was doing it from the sidewalk that was out of sight of the truck the pedophile was told to stay - the mailboxes where he was supposed to meet the police officers who were trained to investigate this boy who had every right to be exactly where he was at.

It seems the pedophile thug never got over flunking out of school and not having what it took to be a cop. It seems that pedophile thug thought having a gun was enough for him to pretend to be a cop.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Colima, Mexico

#47323 Jan 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>He got beaten within an inch of needing a note to his employer. My my. Was he in ICU when he requested the note?
No it was a medical provider..........LOL

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47324 Jan 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>You posted a lie about Trayvon trespassing. That lie is disproven by the police report, the state attorney's investigation, the FBI investigation, the woman who invited him to be her guest, and common sense.

You have told so many lies it would take all night to respond to them. Everything you post is either a lie, non nonsensical, or proof of your diminished intelligence.
Post a link that disproves he was in a private yard..........LOL

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47325 Jan 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>They write excuse notes for people with scratches hes that don't even require a band-aid.
Spin spin spin

The doctors report will be shown to the jury..........

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47326 Jan 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So tell me my little petunia... what did Zimmy's doctor do?
I posted the report for you to read..........LOL
Anonymous

Reading, PA

#47327 Jan 5, 2013
LOL! How true!

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47328 Jan 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Spin spin spin..........

We all knew you could not prove anything I said wrong..........LOL

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47329 Jan 5, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Spin around again........LOL

So why can't you prove anything I have said wrong???

“Facts”

Colima, Mexico

#47330 Jan 5, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>It proves you are just as evil and mentally deficient as your posts make you appear. It proves you lied you way out of having to answer for your evil deeds.
Only thing that matters is what the jury sees

And they will see that a punk attacked Zim, punched him in the face and knock him out.
The black punk then jumped on top of Zim to continue to beat him until Zim had been beaten long enough and the he defended himself with a single point blank gunshot wound to the chest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Eagle 12 7,642
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min sassyjm 309,998
News Rick Santorum Will Fight The Supreme Court If I... 3 min Fa-Foxy 114
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Trey LaTrache 53,588
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Kong_ 164,741
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,236,253
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min FastandFurious 189,853
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Reader 183,229
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 24 min Facts about Ricky... 329,050
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 52 min Right Wing 2,594
More from around the web