Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,350

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#46793 Jan 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! This coming from the idiot who doesn't understand where the term "common defense" in the US Constitution is derived and used.
Preamble, yes, 2nd Amendment ,no.

On September 4(1789), the Senate voted to change significantly the language of the Second Amendment by removing the definition of militia, and striking the conscientious objector clause:

The Senate returned to this Amendment for a final time on September 9. A proposal to insert the words "For the common defence", next to the words "Bear Arms" was defeated.

^ Journal of the Senate of the United States of America, Volume 1: pp. 77

http://english.turkcebilgi.com/Second+Amendme...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#46794 Jan 2, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank the Repugnants for not standing up against tax hikes for the Middle Class.
They stand up against tax hikes for millionaires and billionaires all the time.
But not a sound from those Repugnants for raising taxes on the Middle Class.
They are so predictable.
Just like you, you FOOL.
If people were smart enough to vote a failed President out of office, all tax cuts would have remained and we would have serious spending cuts that we need. Now Republicans have to play games to try and save this country from disaster. Republicans only control 1/3 of our federal government right now and hardly that this coming year.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#46795 Jan 2, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>OK that's one. He suffered from autism and was given brain altering drugs probably around 1st grade and up (ADD or whatever they call it)It's NO EXCUSE for his actions, but that kid wasn't normal.

White kids killing other kids is NOT a everyday thing,even in the poorest sections of white America,there's no violent street gangs or anything like that.

Shit,I bet you could take the last 10 years of all white people killing like they do in da hood and I'll bet it's not even half the number of dead that Chicago had in 2012. 500 is it? In just 1 city in America?
Ok, you don't have to bet...

Go do your own research and let me know what number you come up with.

And in the course of your research, why don't you also look beyond the numbers and tell us what other costs you come up with.

I'll be interested in both aspects of your research.

I won't take it as gospel, though, as I have the apparatus and immense resources to do my own research.

But you should do your own research. In the course of your research, you will come across a few things that may cause you to take pause in the way you see things, the way you post things.

I wish you the best in your research. Say a little prayer for guidance before you begin.

You'll need it.

Truth's Door

#46796 Jan 2, 2013
do unto others wrote:
Well something finally got through that thick skull. He's finally started calling them the 'prosecution' instead of the 'DA'. That was almost as annoying as all those opinions stated as facts.
Yep, but he knows ALL about Florida law.

HA!

The Idiot then reverted back to "DA".

The Idiot is just too funny!
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#46797 Jan 2, 2013
zazz wrote:
"Zimmerman’s case could turn on another idiosyncrasy in Florida law—a nuanced provision related to who provokes a deadly confrontation. The law states that a defendant can’t “stand his ground” and use deadly force if he “initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself.” Prosecutors will almost surely argue that Zimmerman provoked the confrontation with Martin, and for that reason is unprotected by the law."

You are confused. Even if he does not have the right to claim the SYG law, which hasn't been decided yet, Zimmerman still has the option of invoking his right to self defense.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#46798 Jan 2, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
"Did George Zimmerman have help from his father, a retired magistrate judge, in clearing his name in three separate arrests? According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.
Show your sources. That's utter bull. He was arrested for resisting an officer with violence which was dropped to resisting without violence and then dropped if he went to a rehab course. There was never any domestic charge. That was a former girlfriend who made the accusations up and field a restraining order against GZ. He responded by filing a restraining order against her. That's all that happened.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#46799 Jan 2, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't figured out that murdering an unarmed child is illegal? It's against the law in the state of Florida. That's why the state is going to try Zimmerthugman for murder.
But killing an unarmed child who is committing aggravated battery on your person causing you to fear for your life is legal in the state of Florida,

Truth's Door

#46800 Jan 2, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>He was normal enough to get a CCW permit. Normal enough to interact with law enforcement. Normal enough to own a mortgage and enough character to make a stand to keep his neighborhood safe.

I'm sure Z had 100's of people he stopped and talked with as a N.W. Volunteer.

Could be you feel cheated because nobody in your hood stands up to keep the hood decent and crime free?
You forgot one...

He was normal enough to kill an innocent child who was minding his own business.

And you also need to get your facts straight. Thug Zimmerman did NOT "own a mortgage."

Thug Zimmerman and Shelly was RENTING their resident.

And your opinion as to the Thug having "enough character" to do something is very debatable, OF COURSE.

And the part you speak about the Thug stopping hundreds of people...well, many of them complained to police about that and the aggressive tactics he used.

The Thug has no right to stop anyone...I don't care if he was the Grand Poobah of the Greater Sanford Metropolitan Area. He has NO right to stop ANYONE!

I see he's not trying to do that today.

Hmmmm...you might want to rewrite your post.

HA!
heldebeast

France

#46801 Jan 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Why didn't the Repugnants stand up for the Middle Class?
They stand up for the rich and corporations ALL the time. So go sing your song to the Repugnants in Congress.
The Repugnants don't even stand up for those who have been hit hard by natural disaster. Political Hack John Boehner and his Repugnants pulled the bill that was passed in the Senate by overwhelming BIPARTISAN support that would have helped victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The Republicans in New York and New Jersey are steamed at Hack Boehner. Gov. Christie practically called him a LIAR on national TV. Rep. Peter King and others also have strong words for the Hack.
That's why I call those Idiots "Repugnants". Because they ARE.
They'll fight tooth and nail for millionaires and billionaires. But when it comes to people who have lost all they have and are living in shelters trying to put their lives back together the Repugnants say "too bad".
When it comes to the unemployed faced with losing their lifeline, the Repugnants say "too bad".
When it comes to assisting the poor and downtrodden, the Repugnants say "too bad".
ONLY the rich and powerful and corporate interests need to appeal to Repugnants. That's all who they listen to.
That's the very reason why the Repugnant Party won't win another presidential election and will soon be reduced to a regional hack party.
Take your post and shove it down Hack Boehner's throat, you Fool.
Democrats passed the bill...lol...what's wrong pedophile? do you think the tax will effect your clientele?....lol....you don't draw a paycheck, so why do you care? this is obamas economy, and he managed to kill millions of jobs with his tax bill....GFY you partisan hack, eat sh!t and bark at the moon.

Truth's Door

#46802 Jan 2, 2013
R-12 Freon wrote:
See that's the problem, you have a somewhat normal kid,who's hyper,like ALL kids are and they give them drugs that change the natural developement of the brain,chemically.

No wonder so many today can't seem to make a rational decision and combine two thoughts and make a logical intellegent choice from it.

The retarded generation..........
What about the drugs Thug Zimmerman was on?

They didn't alter his mind?

Oh, I guess when they enter Thug Zimmerman's body the drugs act differently than you say they do others.

So when you say...

"No wonder so many today can't seem to make a rational decision and combine two thoughts and make a logical intellegent [sic] choice from it."

...one would think that you're talking about Thug Zimmerman too.

If not, what makes him the exception to your observation?

BTW...if you're going to talk about being intelligent, at least be intelligent enough to spell the word right.

Understand?
heldebeast

France

#46803 Jan 2, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>
By the time the trial date gets here, it will have been far past a year since Zimmerman killed Martin.
You got something against due process? or do you just get upset when others are afforded their rights? how's the mayor doing? tell his stupid ass i said hello. oh btw, ask him how much cheese he's making on his side deals.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46804 Jan 2, 2013
<quoted text>
That Idiot sure does.
There is NO reasoning with that bombastic LIAR.
lol! I'd say IT qualifies as a fanatical idiot!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46805 Jan 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck and dodge..........LOl
But that does not change the FACT that NOBODY can prove the dead punk did not attack Zim........
Zim walks and you cry.......
bomp bomp bomp a black punk bites the dust...
lol! We can certainly prove Zimmerman attacked Martin son.

And that's really what this case is all about.

Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46806 Jan 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Every post I post is filled with humor
More from Queen.......
Bomp bomp bomp a black punk bites the dust.
lol! Yes son. Hilarious...

Ludicrous...

Insanely illogical...

Comically stupid...

These are just the ones that come to mind quickly

Truth's Door

#46807 Jan 2, 2013
American Lady wrote:
I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American.

WTH: Some people fear that government will use the military to forcibly disarm the public if gun banning laws get passed. What is your sense of your fellows in the armed forces. Do you think they'd follow orders to forcibly disarm the public?
JB: In my 8 years of service I could probably count on one hand the number of people that I met who would forcibly disarm the American public. The vast majority of American service members that I know and that I served with recognize that the Constitution is what we pledge to obey.
WTH: Do you feel that there will be any retaliation by the Marines for having posted your reply?
JB: I was honorably discharged on July 31st of this year. I'd certainly hope they wouldn't "retaliate" in any way because I am doing my civic duty and keeping myself informed. I think that would go against our motto: "Honor Courage and Commitment"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
Hmmmm....

You're a man who calls yourself "American Lady" ?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46808 Jan 2, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Preamble, yes, 2nd Amendment ,no.
On September 4(1789), the Senate voted to change significantly the language of the Second Amendment by removing the definition of militia, and striking the conscientious objector clause:
The Senate returned to this Amendment for a final time on September 9. A proposal to insert the words "For the common defence", next to the words "Bear Arms" was defeated.
^ Journal of the Senate of the United States of America, Volume 1: pp. 77
http://english.turkcebilgi.com/Second+Amendme...
Son, that's not what it is about.

You shouldn't get involved with things you don't know about... like the US Constitution.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46809 Jan 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you cant back up your climbs..........LOl
So why cant you prove that I lied????
Making the claim and that not being able to proves you a liar..........LOL
Bomp bomp bomp........A black punk bites the dust.........
lol! Already have son.

The problem for you is you're playing in an adult world with an ants brain.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46810 Jan 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting..........LOL
tell us why you cant show us any facts that proves the dead black punk did not attack Zim???
As if the jury is shown the facts that prove the punk attacked Zim then Zim walks free..........LOL
lol! Nope. He doesn't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#46811 Jan 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes duck and dodge..........LOL
Bottom line is that NOBODY will be able to prove that the dead perp did not attack Zim
lol! Nope. Doesn't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!

Truth's Door

#46812 Jan 2, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>Yes duck and dodge..........LOL

Bottom line is that NOBODY will be able to prove that the dead perp did not attack Zim
Angela will prove that Thug Zimmerman murdered Trayvon...

No matter what you say, no matter what I say.

You know, because that's how the legal system works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min Pearl Jam 307,128
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Blitzking 134,807
Ruble crisis could shake Putin's grip on power 7 min MOSCOW MAIDAN 136
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min johnplustwomore 1,156,637
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min wojar 182,297
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 36 min EAGLE EYE1 295,199
UN rights expert accuses Israel of 'ethnic clea... (Mar '14) 59 min chec 2,174
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 3 hr USMail XXXII 143
US and Cuba move to normalize ties, open embassy 4 hr xxxraytred 328
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 4 hr Uncle Bob 797
More from around the web