Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#24603 May 31, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have an example of a jury declaring a defendant "innocent," son?
That idiot just reported his entire sum of IQ was in the thimble full of sperm that his daddy blew out on his conception when he took on the arguement that juries proclaim persons innocent, LOL.
justme

Casey, IL

#24604 May 31, 2012
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text> I fowarded this post to the proper authorities. You have broke the law. You will be investigated.
You are a fruitloop!

Just like the other of your comrades of stupidity. You know damn well you spreading lies.

NO law was broken. If anyone is to be investigated, it is YOU!

I'll let you chew on that for a moment. Then I'll come back and chew your two posts to shreds, you moron (just like bronach)
Jerry

Dayton, OH

#24605 May 31, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stand Treyvon's parents. They were to blame for all of this !!! Bad parents!!!!
I agree with this statement barefoot. What made you say that?

BRONACH

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#24606 May 31, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little Bro-job: he can't win an argument without editing the quotes.
REPORTED.
Poor barefool2626, can't win an argument so she whines to the Mods.

Mods did not like Barefool's language and did nothing about her whining.

:~)

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#24607 May 31, 2012
BRONACH wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you're not implying that a verdict of not guilty implies that the person isn't innocent.
Innocent people have even been found guilty.
Most juries either believe guilt or innocence, but in some cases they vote based reasonable doubt.
The prosecution in the Zimmerman case will never be able to eliminate reasonable doubt.
Many innocent people are convicted everywhere but certainly in Florida, especially black people.

Very frequently an acquittal doesn't meant the jury thinks the defendant is innocent. They will explain that they think the defendant in guilty but the state didn't prove their case.

Corey will not have that problem.
Jerry

Dayton, OH

#24608 May 31, 2012
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a correct.
Just like the other of your comrades. You know damn well you speak the truth.
A law was broken. If anyone is to be investigated, it should be the black panthers!
I'll let the Treyvon supporters chew on that for a moment. Then I'll come back and chew others posts to shreds.
I could not have said it better myself.
Jerry

Dayton, OH

#24609 May 31, 2012
Barefoot and justme don't seem to be normal. Are you guy's alright?

Location hidden

#24610 May 31, 2012
Last Updated: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 @ 07:07AM

SANFORD --
There’s new information in the case against George Zimmerman.

Attorneys for several major media companies tell News 13 they're filing a motion asking for a judge to deny the prosecution and defense’s motion to have the names of witnesses in the murder trial to be sealed.

Attorneys for the state and for Zimmerman argue releasing those names could jeopardize the trial.

A hearing on this new motion is set for Friday.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24611 May 31, 2012
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:
I got an arrest record
You have a big sloppy soft mouth and all the boys drop by after they have had a few bottles of Olde English 800 and pretend.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#24612 May 31, 2012
BRONACH wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor barefool2626, can't win an argument so she whines to the Mods.
Poor Bro-Job: can't play by the very simple and few rules here.

Time for a new alias, spoogemuffin.
justme

Thailand

#24613 May 31, 2012
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text> I could not have said it better myself.
I'm having a litte fun hopscotching across the country. Where shall I go next?

That may be fun, but you're a little more fun. You must like how you manipulate people's posts. Just like you try to manipulate facts. I gave you a chance to fess up, but you chose to dabble in a bit of tomfoolery.

Just as well. My very next post will expose the lie you posted earlier about breaking the law in posting public records. You are a real fruitloop.
1 post removed

Cpt Jack Sparrow

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24615 May 31, 2012
There is a lot of truth in what you say but it is still fun pointing out the ignorance and illogic in most of these idiots Besides I am neither White or Black.........
purg wrote:
you white people started a new thing back with O.J. Simpson. It was all racial. What new thing? Trying court cases outside of court. A bunch of people get online or on t.v. and they sit and act like bullies.
I heard 1 women say someone should apologize. She said she knows the legal ramifications of it but so what. SO What???????? Excuse me????? You take care of your court cases and I will take care of mine. Stay the Effff to the Uckkkkkk out of my business and I'll do the same for you. There nothing but bullies using the code word - "this is a comedy show" Stay the you see it right up there out of my business Azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz h olesssssssss
Jerry

Mount Vernon, OH

#24616 May 31, 2012
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm having a litte fun hopscotching across the country. Where shall I go next?
That may be fun, but you're a little more fun. You must like how you manipulate people's posts. Just like you try to manipulate facts. I gave you a chance to fess up, but you chose to dabble in a bit of tomfoolery.
Just as well. My very next post will expose the lie you posted earlier about breaking the law in posting public records. You are a real fruitloop.
you got me -- i'm hit Oh, and how do you manipulate facts? Is Tom a fool? Please don't expose yourself. Keep up the hop, it's good for you scotcher. Stay away from the I.Q. test.

BRONACH

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Location hidden

#24617 May 31, 2012
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Many innocent people are convicted everywhere but certainly in Florida, especially black people.
Very frequently an acquittal doesn't meant the jury thinks the defendant is innocent. They will explain that they think the defendant in guilty but the state didn't prove their case.
Corey will not have that problem.
Poor black people!

Always gotta drag race into it, like the racist you are.

Zimmerman Black/Hispanic.
2 posts removed

Cpt Jack Sparrow

“.strike yer colors swab ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24620 May 31, 2012
Trolling fer Gators indeed, hafta Check the Game regulations, Waite they Do like to eat coons !!!
Bill Hilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you think that Zimmerman should have been Travon's Pal and taken him waterskiing in the Florida everglades instead?
Sure. Down South, they call that trolling fer Gators.
justme

Orange, CA

#24621 May 31, 2012
Jerry wrote:
Florida Public Records
State of Florida does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on any associated or referenced message boards, discussion or chat areas.
You may not post or transmit on any message boards, forums or chat areas information declared.(hereinafter "Discussion Areas")
You agree not to place any material on Discussion Areas that is invasive of another's privacy or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation. You agree to use any of these Areas only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
You agree that postings that you make are not private and may be reproduced in any manner by State of Florida.com or associated service providers.
You agree to indemnify State of Florida, affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives, and to hold them harmless, for any and all claims and liabilities (including attorney fees) which may arise from your submissions or from your unauthorized use of material obtained through Public information.
You acknowledge that Discussion Areas operated on computer networks or Web sites that are not directly controlled by State of Florida may impose additional rules and registration requirements above and beyond those listed here.
I hope they press charges !!!! A man is innocent until proven guilty. That might have been one expensive copy and paste. Who knows, you might do jail time.
To all who care about the truth, Jerry is a liar. This post is a response to the nonsense he posts, but it is not a response to him. He doesn't care about the truth, only in how to manipulate it and spread more lies. I'm sure he will manipulate this post to his crazy satisfaction as well. But it will still stand no matter what he does.

The post he posted above is NOT Florida law. It is from a website called Stateofflorida.com . Stateofflorida.com is NOT a website operated by the State of Florida.

Jerry knew that because there is a boldface disclaimer posted at the top of the website AND because everywhere he lists "Florida," he INTENTIONALLY drops ".com."

You may go to the site yourself to see the lies Jerry tells. Please feel free to continue to post the past deeds of one George Michael Zimmerman.

Location hidden

#24622 May 31, 2012
1/2

Sanford plans campaign to repair its image in wake of Trayvon Martin's death

By Martin E. Comas, Orlando Sentinel
6:55 p.m. EST, May 29, 2012

In the war of images that followed the killing of Trayvon Martin, Sanford has launched a new offensive: a promotional campaign to showcase the city in a positive light.

After Trayvon was fatally shot in a Sanford gated community in February, a torrent of news coverage worldwide cast the city as a backward burg troubled by racism, angry protesters and an inept Police Department that did not arrest George Zimmerman for killing the unarmed teenager.

Sanford merchants saw sales decline, customers canceled reservations at restaurants and fewer shoppers browsed downtown streets.

Now, Sanford officials are putting together a public-relations effort to proclaim that the Seminole County seat is still "The Friendly City" touted by its slogan.

"There was a perception spurred by the media coverage that the city, particularly the downtown area, was on the verge of unrest. But nothing could be further from the truth," said Nick Mcray, Sanford's economic-development director. "We have always remained a welcoming and inviting environment for visitors and businesses."

Sanford has helped create a 14-member group, called the Positive Marketing Partner Panel, that includes business owners, representatives of nonprofits, Chamber of Commerce leaders, tourism officials and city employees.

The city also has spent $10,000 to hire the Lake Mary marketing firm Stephenson & Associates to help guide the campaign. In its first effort, the firm has come up with the tag line, "Friendly Sanford … A lot to like," that will appear on advertising and other promotional efforts.

So far, the panel's ideas have included launching an advertising blitz on radio, television, billboards and in print; using social media such as Facebook to promote Sanford; and setting up a camera at the downtown Historic Sanford Welcome Center so that visitors can record 30-second testimonials about their experiences. The recordings could eventually be part of an ad campaign.

Location hidden

#24623 May 31, 2012
2/2

Sanford plans to get help with social media from students at the Crooms Academy of Information Technology, a nationally recognized magnet school in the city's historically black Goldsboro community.

The city has earmarked up to $15,000 for advertising, an amount Mcray acknowledged may not be enough to make an impact. City officials have not yet decided on the scope of advertising, though panel members have proposed forming partnerships or obtaining sponsorships to support an ad campaign.

"It's all still in its infancy stage," Mcray said. "We'll take a look and see if [advertising] on one form of media is more effective than another and then move from there."

The task of rebuilding a city's image after months of negative publicity can be daunting, experts said.

"It's definitely a challenge for Sanford," said Juan-Carlos Molleda, an associate professor of public relations at the University of Florida. "But they need to continue their process of communicating their identity, the real Sanford and the best things that the city has to offer."

Sanford finds itself in a situation that few, if any, small cities have dealt with, Molleda said. He compared it to what Gainesville experienced in 2010, when Pastor Terry Jones drew international attention for announcing plans to burn the Quran. Gainesville increased security at University of Florida football games at the time, and Mayor Craig Lowe called Jones' church "a tiny fringe group and an embarrassment to our community." But city officials said Gainesville businesses did not appear to suffer economically.

That wasn't the case in Sanford, where businesses withstood a firestorm that included threats of boycotts.

Naomi Gonzales, owner of Le Petit Nails on First Avenue, said she saw a drop in the number of customers soon after news erupted about Trayvon and Zimmerman, who eventually was charged with second-degree murder by a special prosecutor and is awaiting trial. Gonzales is now a member of the marketing panel.

"It definitely had an economic impact on my business," she said. "But I love Sanford, and I want to see it improve."

For a PR effort to be successful, Sanford needs to pinpoint what negative images it wants to correct, establish an action plan and stay on message, said Spiro Kiousis, professor and chairman of UF's department of public relations.

"What's being communicated needs to be consistent with the city's policies and action plans," Kiousis said.

The shooting controversy could not have come at a worse time for Sanford, which had spent years restoring its old downtown and promoting its historic neighborhoods and scenic waterfront along Lake Monroe. The PR campaign will emphasize that Sanford is "much bigger than the perception that was painted by the media," Mcray said.
justme

Orange, CA

#24624 May 31, 2012
Jerry wrote:
Florida Public Records
State of Florida does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on any associated or referenced message boards, discussion or chat areas.
You may not post or transmit on any message boards, forums or chat areas information declared.(hereinafter "Discussion Areas")
You agree not to place any material on Discussion Areas that is invasive of another's privacy or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state, national or international law or regulation. You agree to use any of these Areas only for lawful purposes and you acknowledge that your failure to do so may subject you to civil and criminal liability.
You agree that postings that you make are not private and may be reproduced in any manner by State of Florida.com or associated service providers.
You agree to indemnify State of Florida, affiliates, employees, agents, and representatives, and to hold them harmless, for any and all claims and liabilities (including attorney fees) which may arise from your submissions or from your unauthorized use of material obtained through Public information.
You acknowledge that Discussion Areas operated on computer networks or Web sites that are not directly controlled by State of Florida may impose additional rules and registration requirements above and beyond those listed here.
I hope they press charges !!!! A man is innocent until proven guilty. That might have been one expensive copy and paste. Who knows, you might do jail time.
To be more specific, the LIE above, word for word, is in this link:

http://www.stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopD...

Notice the disclaimer at top in boldface type, then scroll down to the second section that says "Message Boards, Discussion Areas & Forums"

His LIE of a post is now documented.

Continue to post all the public records of George Michael Zimmerman you care to without threat of violation of law. No such law exists.

BRONACH

“FEED THE DEAD FETUS”

Location hidden

#24625 May 31, 2012
Zimmerman's past does not exclude him from the right to defend himself against the vicious attack by Martin.

Martin stalked Zimmerman as he was returning to his vehicle,confronted and sucker punched Zimmerman, knocking him to the ground,jumping on top of him, beating him and slamming his head into the concrete.

There is not one speck of evidence by the prosecution which will prove otherwise.

This case will either end in dismissal or acquittal.

Justice was served when the victim in this case was able to reach his firearm and cap the SOB who was trying to kill him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 1 min Mothra 351
News Clinton in a landslide in endorsements: Do they... 2 min Synque 42
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,530
News U.S. set to hand over Internet address book 4 min paddyomalley 3
News FBI releases notes from Clinton email investiga... 5 min WeTheSheeple 216
News California shooting shows police ill-equipped t... 5 min BabyDoll 26
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Jacques in Ottawa 225,558
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 10 min swampmudd 10,644
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Frankendrumpf 244,138
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Incognito4Ever 1,434,045
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr emperorjohn 299
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr An NFL Fan 396,068
More from around the web