Connecticut school shooting, Obama on Sandy Hook, accusations of 'politicizing tragedy'

There are 92 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Connecticut school shooting, Obama on Sandy Hook, accusations of 'politicizing tragedy'. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The shooting tragedy at Newtown's Sandy Hook Elementary: "What happened Friday in Newtown, Conn., was a variant on what the country has witnessed repeatedly in recent years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1 Dec 17, 2012
With Obama pulling the fake tear ploy, he is doing everything he can to subvert the second ammendment. Our gun laws had nothing to do with this crime. A deranged man did. In China a man walked into a school and slashed 22 students. Are we to outlaw all kitchen and hunting knives too?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2 Dec 17, 2012
Irony meters, they all just broke.
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#3 Dec 17, 2012
We must ban assault weapons, hip hop music, and video games. We must disallow non school related internet access and i phone access to children under 16.

This is the only way to stop the corrosive impact our society is having on our kids.

Americans have to Man Up and act like Adults if we are to stop the madness.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
We must ban assault weapons, hip hop music, and video games. We must disallow non school related internet access and i phone access to children under 16.
This is the only way to stop the corrosive impact our society is having on our kids.
You are insane, and no better than Obama, Hillary, and those idiots who abuse kids.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 17, 2012
If he goes the Morsi route. This will be the excuse.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
Your right.
Kennesaw, GA does not have a gun problem. Altanta, GA has a gun problem. This may be conceal/carry problem.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#7 Dec 17, 2012
If by "politicizing" we mean "politicians discussing real-world solutions to the national gun violence problem," then yes, we SHOULD politicize it. Not by party, but as a practical matter - this is a problem, let's solve it.

Of course Obama's going to be faulted by rightwing extremists no matter what he does or says, that's a given, but those people don't deserve a seat at the table. They're not real Americans.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#8 Dec 17, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
With Obama pulling the fake tear ploy, he is doing everything he can to subvert the second ammendment. Our gun laws had nothing to do with this crime. A deranged man did. In China a man walked into a school and slashed 22 students. Are we to outlaw all kitchen and hunting knives too?
1. "fake fear ploy" - 27 people, including 20 children, were gunned down in merely the LATEST gun massacre. How is this "fake?"

2. How is Obama "subverting the Second Amendment?" Offer proof.

3. Our gun laws make guns available to deranged men. Discuss.

4. This isn't China, and your knife crime is an evasion.

5. Can we outlaw stupid, pointless, partisan posts like yours?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#9 Dec 17, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
No one's banning hip-hop or video games, or the internet, or iPhones. Get a grip.

Granted, our society is a mess, but let's get real.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#10 Dec 17, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
1. "fake fear ploy" - 27 people, including 20 children, were gunned down in merely the LATEST gun massacre. How is this "fake?"
2. How is Obama "subverting the Second Amendment?" Offer proof.
3. Our gun laws make guns available to deranged men. Discuss.
4. This isn't China, and your knife crime is an evasion.
5. Can we outlaw stupid, pointless, partisan posts like yours?
Discuss this...

Chicago, IL has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country yet this year 39 people have died and 130 were wounded in gun violence.

The inner city is a war zone.

Where's the outcry over that?
Dane Thorsen

AOL

#11 Dec 17, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
If by "politicizing" we mean "politicians discussing real-world solutions to the national gun violence problem," then yes, we SHOULD politicize it. Not by party, but as a practical matter - this is a problem, let's solve it.
Of course Obama's going to be faulted by rightwing extremists no matter what he does or says, that's a given, but those people don't deserve a seat at the table. They're not real Americans.
The massive increase in applications for Guns (currently 16.8 millionz) was a logical response to Obama's re-election. Once Americans had to face the hard fact that the Mob had given Big Brother the power to rob our families of our freedoms and libertys Americans had no choice but to arm themselves. Arming for SELF DEFENSE is much different than SUB HUMAN Crazy people misusing Guns to kill innocent children.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#12 Dec 17, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
No one's banning hip-hop or video games, or the internet, or iPhones. Get a grip.
Dane's comment is no less sane than your attempt to blame guns on a something that doesn't happen that often.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 17, 2012
ObamaCare was a subversion of the U.S. Constitution, he is a smart man.
pogue mahone

Southampton, NY

#14 Dec 17, 2012
I'll bet it just about destroyed the racist Obama to have his photo-op taken with nothing but white people.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#15 Dec 17, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawsuits against schools, teachers and principals who attempt to point out possible violent tendancies of a particular person...goth cults, devil worship cults, gangs, violent video games all protected by liberal lawyers...

Ban liberal lawyers.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#16 Dec 17, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Discuss this...
Chicago, IL has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country yet this year 39 people have died and 130 were wounded in gun violence.
The inner city is a war zone.
Where's the outcry over that?
Sorry, I won't be discussing any evasions. Get back on topic.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#17 Dec 17, 2012
Dane Thorsen wrote:
<quoted text>
The massive increase in applications for Guns (currently 16.8 millionz) was a logical response to Obama's re-election. Once Americans had to face the hard fact that the Mob had given Big Brother the power to rob our families of our freedoms and libertys Americans had no choice but to arm themselves. Arming for SELF DEFENSE is much different than SUB HUMAN Crazy people misusing Guns to kill innocent children.
Your post indicates the ravings of a crazy person. Not sure if you're "subhuman," but that's a distinct possibility.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#18 Dec 17, 2012
RayOne wrote:
ObamaCare was a subversion of the U.S. Constitution, he is a smart man.
Off-topic, but just out of curiousity, prove it.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#19 Dec 17, 2012
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawsuits against schools, teachers and principals who attempt to point out possible violent tendancies of a particular person...goth cults, devil worship cults, gangs, violent video games all protected by liberal lawyers...
Ban liberal lawyers.
Ban babbling, irrelevant posts. Granted, that'd cut down a lot on your posting, but why would THAT be a bad thing?:)

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#20 Dec 17, 2012
pogue mahone wrote:
I'll bet it just about destroyed the racist Obama to have his photo-op taken with nothing but white people.
Your slanderous comments show you to be the victim of Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min Blitzking 163,750
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 20 min Louigi 2,033
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Fair Game 53,473
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min Crow__ 182,266
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr RayOne 328,299
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr grinch 1,232,300
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 7,269
News Huckabee: I would ask Clinton about Benghazi 3 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 113
More from around the web