Lawmakers wage campaign to end draft registration in US

Feb 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

Two lawmakers are waging a little-noticed campaign to abolish the Selective Service System, the independent federal agency that manages draft registration.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gunnery Sgt Hartman

Oakdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Mandatory draft registration and conscription for ALL between the ages of 18-35 with NO deferrments for anyone, including politicians and their family members, would put an end to commiting troops to foreign soil and America's involvement in the useless waste of blood and treasure associated with war.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Gunnery Sgt Hartman wrote:
Mandatory draft registration and conscription for ALL between the ages of 18-35 with NO deferrments for anyone, including politicians and their family members, would put an end to commiting troops to foreign soil and America's involvement in the useless waste of blood and treasure associated with war.
Old grey haired bastards are always sending young men to die.......and now women. Maybe if we institute the draft for fifty and over it would also have an effect.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Gunnery Sgt Hartman wrote:
Agreed, but it needs to include all members currently serving in Congress regardless of age.

AND they need to be drafted as infantry troops; no officer positions.

Then lets see how badly they want to go to war with Iran......
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but it needs to include all members currently serving in Congress regardless of age.
AND they need to be drafted as infantry troops; no officer positions.
Then lets see how badly they want to go to war with Iran......
Lets start with those that are in Congress/President that have NEVER been in service and start at the top down.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets start with those that are in Congress/President that have NEVER been in service and start at the top down.
Agreed.

President Obama is already serving as Commander-in-Chief.

So time for Congress to get fitted for their cammies......
Raylin

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Why register for the draft when we don't have a draft?We will never again have a draft. In a draft you have to take every one, even the unqualified, We need well educated people who can be part of a high tech Military. We spend too much time checking for drug abusers, gays and transgenders. Let them all in. The enlistees will sort them out.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
NO he has not done time in the military service and being Commander in Chief (which he has no idea of the missions and functions of a Commander-in-Chief) does not qualify him to be a VETERAN. He should be the first to go in service and not go in as an Officer. Let him find out what the men and women do in service and how they love America and their freedoms.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

And pot for everyone!!!!!
How weak can Barack Benghazi make America?
Only time will tell.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
OBAMA:'We've got to do some governing'...WOW, what a novel idea from the flier in chief. If he ever lands or gets off the teleprompter maybe he could do something unique like lead.

Republicans urge Obama to end 'road show,' work with Senate to avert automatic cuts
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Also change the fiat currency printed by the federal reserve and owned by financiers/industrialists into at least partially backed by gold/silver or a fiat currency printed by and controlled by the people of the United States and its government. this will reduce our foreign interventions massively.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Well unless a draft includes all rich kids all college kids then let it go away. I mean in Veitnam rich kids got out of the war...That is BS>
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

sickofit wrote:
Well unless a draft includes all rich kids all college kids then let it go away. I mean in Veitnam rich kids got out of the war...That is BS>
That is why there won't be a draft again. The only way is if everything is going into "a hell in a hand basket" scenario. Its laughable watching all of us baby boomers and after in power now. Doing the same things others have done but without shedding to much blood for the cause or not remembering the atrocities of the same.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> That is why there won't be a draft again. The only way is if everything is going into "a hell in a hand basket" scenario. Its laughable watching all of us baby boomers and after in power now. Doing the same things others have done but without shedding to much blood for the cause or not remembering the atrocities of the same.
Oh yea. The boomers raged againt war and agint super rich and big business....Now the boomers are for war and are the super rich and big business.....SELL OUTS.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea. The boomers raged againt war and agint super rich and big business....Now the boomers are for war and are the super rich and big business.....SELL OUTS.
I am a boomer. I am not for war. Many are not for war. Unless it is for defending our nation. Many are "teabaggers". When you speak of super rich and big business that has to be more specific. We blame everyone when it may not be that. But you are in the general direction. We do have a good life compared to many in this world. Its the evil cancerous ones that must be cut away from the body. And frankly they are everywhere and on bopth sides of the political spectrum also. We make them our heroes and it is not easy.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> I am a boomer. I am not for war. Many are not for war. Unless it is for defending our nation. Many are "teabaggers". When you speak of super rich and big business that has to be more specific. We blame everyone when it may not be that. But you are in the general direction. We do have a good life compared to many in this world. Its the evil cancerous ones that must be cut away from the body. And frankly they are everywhere and on bopth sides of the political spectrum also. We make them our heroes and it is not easy.
Yes the far left communist who want our nation to be all scoialist at lease and communist at most must be CUT OUT.....Also the far right social issue nazi pigs who want religion and morals made into law must be cut out.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the far left communist who want our nation to be all scoialist at lease and communist at most must be CUT OUT.....Also the far right social issue nazi pigs who want religion and morals made into law must be cut out.
As long as no one is charge for what we do. and there is the problem. Because we do assinine things that costs the culture in ways that destroys it. So if a woman gets pregnant..do we pay for her child? So we make it easy for an abortion. Which is a result of pleasure and not responsible thinking. Stop paying and there will be a bit of pain in the transition. But it will enrich us as morals will be forced by not getting a dollar from the taxpayer. Do this for everything. But with common sense used.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> As long as no one is charge for what we do. and there is the problem. Because we do assinine things that costs the culture in ways that destroys it. So if a woman gets pregnant..do we pay for her child? So we make it easy for an abortion. Which is a result of pleasure and not responsible thinking. Stop paying and there will be a bit of pain in the transition. But it will enrich us as morals will be forced by not getting a dollar from the taxpayer. Do this for everything. But with common sense used.
Oh yea I dont want to pay for anyone to get anything....But abortion should be legal...Just like same sex marriage should also....
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea I dont want to pay for anyone to get anything....But abortion should be legal...Just like same sex marriage should also....
Abortion at one and a half million a year...no! Same sex marriage..only if hetero marriage is fixed and given a priority because of generational issues. And this won't happen. It can't because there is not enough wealth to do it. We threw away the cheapest way of going from one generation to the next as nuclear families did most of the dirty work to get there. Not anymore. Government is part od the equation and nuclear families are partial. The result it is several times more expensive to raise a child now. Not worth it. We are suckers. Believe me. of course stop hetero marriages and just have a good time and let the government pay is an option more people are doing.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> Abortion at one and a half million a year...no! Same sex marriage..only if hetero marriage is fixed and given a priority because of generational issues. And this won't happen. It can't because there is not enough wealth to do it. We threw away the cheapest way of going from one generation to the next as nuclear families did most of the dirty work to get there. Not anymore. Government is part od the equation and nuclear families are partial. The result it is several times more expensive to raise a child now. Not worth it. We are suckers. Believe me. of course stop hetero marriages and just have a good time and let the government pay is an option more people are doing.
So your againt freedom and your againt equality..Ok tyipcal nazi.

I wish you far right nazi pigs would just mind your own business and allow ALL people freedom and equality,.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
So your againt freedom and your againt equality..Ok tyipcal nazi.
I wish you far right nazi pigs would just mind your own business and allow ALL people freedom and equality,.
It is easy for you to write that. But people go to the lowest level when they are given total "freedom". All right, I ask you a question. If no one is charged for anything due to personal responsibility issues, would you agree to that? otherwise you are what you wrote. Give me my paltry amount of money. And don;t throw in the social security/medicare crap since people are paying 15% of their income on it. Again. Freedom base on personal responsible actions. do you agree? otherwise you are bull chitting. Even with this, I believe we are finished as a culture. Why should i want to have children and raise them and spend all my wealth on that if i can have a good time. You must think that people do not think of that once they do this. And it becomes a lifetime situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••