All gun owners aren't created equal, nor should they be treated equally: Phillip Morris

Oct 3, 2012 Full story: Cleveland.com 433

Perhaps that makes us all safer in the long run. Our guns - lots of them -- are what protect us from our neighbors and our government, right? It's what the founders envisioned -- a "well-armed militia," loosely translated as an well-armed citizenry.

Full Story
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#1 Oct 3, 2012
"It should be partly about whether military-style assault weapons are covered by what the framers of the Constitution had in mind for their well-armed militia."

Answered in US v Miller and reinforced by DC v Heller...YES..."military- style assault weapons are covered by what the framers of the Constitution had in mind for their well-armed militia."

"When did it become more dangerous to be an American citizen than a soldier assigned to a region of armed conflict?"

Because American citizens aren't as well armed as a soldier in a region of armed conflict.

"It remains a continuing source of frustration for me to witness the weakness and the impotence of the gun control lobby and those who sympathize with them. Gun enthusiasts and Second Amendment purists have taken complete ownership of the domestic arms race, leaving us without a much-needed genuine debate and resulting compromise."

The only "genuine debate" that was needed was done from 1781 to 1789 and resulted in the "compromise" we have today..."the right of the people...shall not be infringed."

Stephen Barton has become a mouth piece for the gun-control crowd when he is feed, and repeats, inflated numbers in order to inflame the public.

""This past summer in a movie theatre in Colorado I was shot. But I was lucky. In the next four years, 48,000 Americans won't be so lucky. Because they'll be murdered with guns in the next president's term. Enough to fill over 200 theaters."

"So when you watch the presidential debates, ask yourself: Who has a plan to stop gun violence? Let's demand a plan."

Well, since violent crime has fallen over the past decade, even with increased gun ownership and carrying of arms on the streets across America, the current "plan", taking back our rights, seems to be working.


1 post removed
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#3 Oct 3, 2012
People who PRETEND to be free, should NOT be allowed to live in freedom. Rather, they should be FORCEFULLY shipped to someplace which matches their ideology.
I reckon to say that fully a third of the American continent should find themselves living in China.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#4 Oct 3, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
People who PRETEND to be free, should NOT be allowed to live in freedom. Rather, they should be FORCEFULLY shipped to someplace which matches their ideology.
I reckon to say that fully a third of the American continent should find themselves living in China.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
Your in Russia now ?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#5 Oct 3, 2012
Marauder wrote:
"It should be partly about whether military-style assault weapons are covered by what the framers of the Constitution had in mind for their well-armed militia."
Answered in US v Miller and reinforced by DC v Heller...YES..."military- style assault weapons are covered by what the framers of the Constitution had in mind for their well-armed militia."
"When did it become more dangerous to be an American citizen than a soldier assigned to a region of armed conflict?"
Because American citizens aren't as well armed as a soldier in a region of armed conflict.
"It remains a continuing source of frustration for me to witness the weakness and the impotence of the gun control lobby and those who sympathize with them. Gun enthusiasts and Second Amendment purists have taken complete ownership of the domestic arms race, leaving us without a much-needed genuine debate and resulting compromise."
The only "genuine debate" that was needed was done from 1781 to 1789 and resulted in the "compromise" we have today..."the right of the people...shall not be infringed."
Stephen Barton has become a mouth piece for the gun-control crowd when he is feed, and repeats, inflated numbers in order to inflame the public.
""This past summer in a movie theatre in Colorado I was shot. But I was lucky. In the next four years, 48,000 Americans won't be so lucky. Because they'll be murdered with guns in the next president's term. Enough to fill over 200 theaters."
"So when you watch the presidential debates, ask yourself: Who has a plan to stop gun violence? Let's demand a plan."
Well, since violent crime has fallen over the past decade, even with increased gun ownership and carrying of arms on the streets across America, the current "plan", taking back our rights, seems to be working.
Equally sad is the lack of resolve of the pro Second Amendment lobby.

The gun control act of 1936 and 1968 are both anti-constitutional.

One of my favorite gun control groups the GOA wants Congress to pass a national reciprocity permit bill when this is a compromise over Constitutional carry and is a setback for gun owners and is in violation of amendments 2 and 10 of the bill of rights.
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#6 Oct 3, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Your in Russia now ?
My profession requires much travel. Surely you wouldn't complain of such, would you? And if so, why?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#7 Oct 3, 2012
The Supreme Court already ruled on the 2nd amendment a couple years ago granting Americans (Legal Americans) the right to keep, and bear arms. Democrats can dance, and jump up, and down like monkeys in the zoo, but they cannot go over the Supreme Court heads. They are the law, not Obama.
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#8 Oct 3, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Equally sad is the lack of resolve of the pro Second Amendment lobby.
The gun control act of 1936 and 1968 are both anti-constitutional.
One of my favorite gun control groups the GOA wants Congress to pass a national reciprocity permit bill when this is a compromise over Constitutional carry and is a setback for gun owners and is in violation of amendments 2 and 10 of the bill of rights.
As I understand that matter, the GOA's stance is (correct me should I happen to be otherwise) that every state's laws would apply in every other state, FOR THAT STATE'S laws.
Or, in other words, Vermont's law would apply in Massachusetts for Vermont citizens, i.e., NO LICENSE required for Vermont citizens.
Consonantly, the citizens of Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming would be able to carry openly, or concealed, in any of the states or territories of the United States.
Are you somehow in disagreement with that, and if so, why/how?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#9 Oct 3, 2012
The only way to stop gun violance is to incarcerate the criminal element, and since most of them vote Democrat nothing will be done until we elect the law abiding. So arm yourself, and forget about asking for help. The government will not jail their power.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#10 Oct 3, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
As I understand that matter, the GOA's stance is (correct me should I happen to be otherwise) that every state's laws would apply in every other state, FOR THAT STATE'S laws.
Or, in other words, Vermont's law would apply in Massachusetts for Vermont citizens, i.e., NO LICENSE required for Vermont citizens.
Consonantly, the citizens of Alaska, Arizona, and Wyoming would be able to carry openly, or concealed, in any of the states or territories of the United States.
Are you somehow in disagreement with that, and if so, why/how?
I think you are lying about your travel and are using proxy servers.

The law does not do what you are saying , you can read the law yourself.

I have already stated the law does not conform to the 2ND or 10Th amendments in the bill of rights , I am not going to repeat it a third time for you.

If you are not a US Citizen it is not your concern.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
The Supreme Court already ruled on the 2nd amendment a couple years ago granting Americans (Legal Americans) the right to keep, and bear arms.
1. the supreme court didn't grant any rights to anyone

2. there is no such thing as a "legal american"

3. there is no citizenship requirement in order to legally purchase, possess, own, transfer or manufacture firearms in the U.S.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#12 Oct 3, 2012
Yes the Supreme Court validated the 2nd amendment. They even made Chicago go to court to try to keep them gun free. It is still in court, but they will lose. The rest of Illinois is fighting too, but not as hard, and they too will lose. Only 2 states are fighting to keep guns out. 48 states let their citizens conceal carry, or open carry. We will get rid of the gun grabbers this election, and all will be well.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#13 Oct 3, 2012
A legal American s one born in America, or naturalized to legally become an American. All the rest are criminals. I know it is racist for me to only recognize legal citizens, and disregard the rest, the criminal element.
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#14 Oct 3, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are lying about your travel and are using proxy servers.
The law does not do what you are saying , you can read the law yourself.
I have already stated the law does not conform to the 2ND or 10Th amendments in the bill of rights , I am not going to repeat it a third time for you.
If you are not a US Citizen it is not your concern.
Well, you're certainly free to believe what you will. However, I am not constrained to conform to/with your particular beliefs.
Allow me to inquire: If you should think that I'm posting from the Planet Mars, am I required to declare 'Martianhood' whenever posting here, and about?

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#15 Oct 4, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're certainly free to believe what you will. However, I am not constrained to conform to/with your particular beliefs.
Allow me to inquire: If you should think that I'm posting from the Planet Mars, am I required to declare 'Martianhood' whenever posting here, and about?
Dr. Fraud.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#16 Oct 4, 2012
All gun owners aren't created equal, nor should they be treated equally: Phillip Morris

Hmm, I bet my father met this guys father somewhere.

Who said,

All men aren't created equal, nor should they be treated equally.

How about Mr Morris treat himself differently, and I will treat myself differently.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#17 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
A legal American s one born in America, or naturalized to legally become an American.
A Mexican is an American, dumb ass.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#18 Oct 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
The Supreme Court already ruled on the 2nd amendment a couple years ago granting Americans (Legal Americans) the right to keep, and bear arms.
1. the supreme court didn't grant any rights to anyone

2. there is no such thing as a "legal american"

3. there is no citizenship requirement in order to legally purchase, possess, own, transfer or manufacture firearms in the U.S.
Cat74

Westmont, IL

#19 Oct 4, 2012
Try getting caught with a gun if you are an illegal alien. I guarantee you will be going to jail for awhile.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#20 Oct 4, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
People who PRETEND to be free, should NOT be allowed to live in freedom. Rather, they should be FORCEFULLY shipped to someplace which matches their ideology.
I reckon to say that fully a third of the American continent should find themselves living in China.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
"Screw you and your friend too."
Jackie Mason

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#21 Oct 4, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're certainly free to believe what you will. However, I am not constrained to conform to/with your particular beliefs.
Allow me to inquire: If you should think that I'm posting from the Planet Mars, am I required to declare 'Martianhood' whenever posting here, and about?
You are required only to resist the temptation to say whatever comes to your mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Graham: 2016 hinges on immigration 7 min Guess Who 1
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 8 min payme 1,689
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min SobieskiSavedEurope 134,610
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 8 min xxxraytred 7
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 9 min payme 762
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Portlandia 1,156,365
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dale 182,200
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min freebird 294,899
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 26 min barefoot2626 136
More from around the web