Senate immigration plan creates complex road to citizenship

Apr 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTAX-AM Springfield

An immigration bill being written in the Senate aims to wipe out nearly all illegal crossings along the southwestern border with Mexico while maintaining a 13-year timetable for existing illegal residents to win citizenship, sources said on Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

there needs to be no rewards only punishment,anything else is against the citizens.

we do not need illegal aliens and we should not do anything for them or their anchors,march them out on foot the same way they came.
Con Todo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

"Motorola Solutions Inc. CEO Greg Brown, rebutting some conservatives' contention that the legislation would seriously hurt the U.S. economy, told reporters that it actually would be a stimulus because foreigners would be allowed to come to the United States to work and would contribute to the economy."

Hm, in other words, we (big business bazzilionaires) want access to cheap illegal labor says this one-time George W Bush stooge. Typical Republican hypocrisy.
Truth Speaker

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Con Todo wrote:
"Motorola Solutions Inc. CEO Greg Brown, rebutting some conservatives' contention that the legislation would seriously hurt the U.S. economy, told reporters that it actually would be a stimulus because foreigners would be allowed to come to the United States to work and would contribute to the economy."
Hm, in other words, we (big business bazzilionaires) want access to cheap illegal labor says this one-time George W Bush stooge. Typical Republican hypocrisy.
Everything you have ever posted on the forum is either a lie or just plain stupid. This comment is both. How many, exactly, unskilled, uneducated, semi-illiterate wet backs does a high-tech company like Motorola actually need? Do you think the new Motorola phones will be designed by a wet back with a seventh grade education? Or is it more likely he will clean toilets there?
1 post removed
Con Todo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Truth Speaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you have ever posted on the forum is either a lie or just plain stupid. This comment is both. How many, exactly, unskilled, uneducated, semi-illiterate wet backs does a high-tech company like Motorola actually need? Do you think the new Motorola phones will be designed by a wet back with a seventh grade education? Or is it more likely he will clean toilets there?
I certainly can't read Greg Brown's mind as to how he's going to utilize illegal immigrant labor within his own company. But he is a highly paid representative of numerous big bidness, some of whom have been recently busted by the Obama administration for employing illegal immigrants. It's called inference from circumstantial evidence. Look it up, get educated. More on.
albert

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

THINK ABOUT THIS!!!.......an american man or women black or white highly educated without a job...is an illegal alien fault? or is the highly educated legal immigrant fault? i don't think that somebody with some brain can't see the reality about this, the illegal aliens do job that most of the people don't want to do, not because is cheap is because is hard job, but legal immigrant take the highly pay jobs in some of the most important company in U.S, but the illegal aliens work hard and some of them usually don't get paid fair, just because they don't have legal papers and the company's take advantage on that, but that doesn't mean that the illegal aliens don't has to pay taxes, I.R.S give to the illegal aliens a I.T.I.N number this is only for pay your taxes every year, but...you can't have any return because you are not U.S citizen, did you know that? but lets be honest not all illegal aliens pay the taxes every year, with a immigration reform all the illegal aliens must be get paid in the same level as the other american citizen doing the same job and they will also receive all the law deduction from the paid check every week like every body else,....now...if i'm a company owner and i need some workers, i will not have any choice about cheap workers because i must paid the same right? so...this gonna open the door for so many american workers, before they don't get the job because some one else was getting paid cheap for do the same job, but not anymore who do the job must be get paid the same, don't you think that gonna be good for all the american people that usually do the same job that the illegal aliens do? educated people don't need to worry about illegal aliens, they can't take that kind of job, low educated people who do the same job as the illegal aliens will now have not reason to worry, because the salary it don't gonna be a issue anymore, at the end; is good for U.S citizen with a low study level, and not to good for illegal aliens who must to pay for every dollar they make from now on. sorry about my English i know is not good, i'm working on it!
1 post removed
Truth Speaker

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

I have it from a reliable source that the test to a path to citizenship will be very easy.

I propose the following:

PATH TO CITIZENSHIP

Answer the following:

Are you now or have you ever been a wet back.

()Si

()No

Gracias for taking this test. If you answered Si to any of the above, immediately deport yourself (don't forget you anchor bastards) back to Meh-he-ko.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Con Todo wrote:
all at the cost of citizens showing we have been sold out.

laws are not being enforced showing corruption in all offices. when these folks are in front of the main ice office saying they are illegal aliens and ice does nothing we have failures.
Gmc Jimmy

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Hello Truth Speaker. If you don't like democracy, I suggest you self deport.

"According to the Washington Post-ABC News poll, 57 percent of registered voters surveyed said they support a “path to citizenship for illegal immigrants” while 40 percent said they opposed such a policy".
Gmc Jimmy

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The economy of the last century was primarily based on natural resources, industrial machines and manual labor. Many of these resources were zero-sum and controlled by companies. If someone else had an oil field, then you did not. There were only so many oil fields, and only so much wealth could be created from them.

Today’s economy is very different. It is based primarily on knowledge and ideas — resources that are renewable and available to everyone. Unlike oil fields, someone else knowing something doesn’t prevent you from knowing it, too. In fact, the more people who know something, the better educated and trained we all are, the more productive we become, and the better off everyone in our nation can be.

This can change everything. In a knowledge economy, the most important resources are the talented people we educate and attract to our country. A knowledge economy can scale further, create better jobs and provide a higher quality of living for everyone in our nation.

To lead the world in this new economy, we need the most talented and hardest-working people. We need to train and attract the best. We need those middle-school students to be tomorrow’s leaders.
byebye illegals

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Really?

In Weak Job Market, One In Two College Graduates Are Jobless Or Underemployed
Broken down by occupation, young college graduates were heavily represented in jobs that require a high school diploma or less.

In the last year, they were more likely to be employed as waiters, waitresses, bartenders and food-service helpers than as engineers, physicists, chemists and mathematicians combined (100,000 versus 90,000). There were more working in office-related jobs such as receptionist or payroll clerk than in all computer professional jobs (163,000 versus 100,000). More also were employed as cashiers, retail clerks and customer representatives than engineers (125,000 versus 80,000).
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/22/job-...
2 posts removed
ronnie

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

I hope that the repeat offenders that creep in exploit the United States and leave, wait it out find new doc's, will finally be found out about. There must be paper trail on these illegals before they'll even get through the door. If they use welfare, Food Stamps or EBT, they're shit out of luck. And hopefully they'll relent and get the hell out of this Country once and for all. If employers don't have legal papers on them, this time forward, (reform) they'll lose their business licenses. They will not hire them anymore. I've noticed even in Utah, more Americans working job's that illegals used to do. Without magnets, they'll finally leave.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Kansas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Gmc Jimmy wrote:
Hello Truth Speaker. If you don't like democracy, I suggest you self deport.

"According to the Washington Post-ABC News poll, 57 percent of registered voters surveyed said they support a “path to citizenship for illegal immigrants” while 40 percent said they opposed such a policy".
They only poll Hispanic Americans! lol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

albert wrote:
THINK ABOUT THIS!!!....... but that doesn't mean that the illegal aliens don't has to pay taxes, I.R.S give to the illegal aliens a I.T.I.N number this is only for pay your taxes every year, but...you can't have any return because you are not U.S citizen, did you know that?!
Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax Benefits

Friday, 23 Sep 2011 05:17 PM

By James Walsh

On July 7, 2011, the U.S. Department of Treasury's inspector general for tax administration issued a startling report entitled "Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credits."

No wonder the nation's finances are in turmoil.

******It is clear that unauthorized aliens are filing ITIN tax returns with fraudulent data.******

The Treasury report found that "One common type of
fraudulent refund involves taxpayers fabricating a Wage and Tax Statement
(Form W-2) that shows excess withholding and results in a tax refund."

Read more on Newsmax.com : Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax Benefits

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Loophole!

Yesterday, Members of the House Ways & Means Committee voted 22-12 to stop
the IRS from giving refundable tax credits to illegal aliens.

Last year, the Inspector General for the U.S. Treasury Department released a
report revealing that illegal aliens annually receive $4.2 billion in
refundable tax credits, primarily through the Additional Child Tax Credit
(ACTC).

The Ways and Means Committee voted to close this tax credit loophole by
requiring that individuals who claim the ACTC provide a valid Social
Security Number (SSN), based on language introduced by Rep. Sam Johnson
(R-TX). Currently, the IRS only requires applicants for the ACTC to provide
an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), which the Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) indiscriminately hands out to illegal aliens.

The legislation was part of a budget reconciliation proposal that now goes
to the House Budget Committee for inclusion in a larger package aimed at
saving tax-payer dollars.

FAIR thanks the following Ways and Means Committee Members who voted to
close the loophole:

Chairman David Camp (R-MI) Rep.

Jim Gerlach (R-PA)

Rep. Wally Herger (R-CA)

Rep. Tom Price (R-GA)

Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX)

Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL)

Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX)

Rep. Adrian Smith (R-NE)

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)

Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL)

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA)

Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)

Rep. Pat Tiberi (R-OH)

Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-MN)

Rep. Geoff Davis

(R-KY) Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-TX)

Rep. Dave Reichert (R-WA)

Rep. Rick Berg (R-ND)

Rep. Charles Boustany (R-LA)

Rep. Diane Black (R-TN)

Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL)

Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY)

******Members who voted against closing the loophole include:******

Rep. Ranking Member Sander Levin (D-MI)

Rep. Mike Thompson,(D-CA)

Rep. Fortney Pete Stark,(D-CA)

Rep. John B. Larson,(D-CT)

Rep. Jim McDermott,(D-WA)

Rep. Ron Kind,(D-WI)

Rep. John Lewis,(D-GA)

Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr.,(D-NJ)

Rep. Richard E. Neal,(D-MA)

Rep. Shelley Berkley,(D-NV)

Rep. Lloyd Doggett,(D-TX)

Rep. Joseph Crowley,(D-NY)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••