Georgians wait for the storm

Feb 11, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KETV-TV

Once you're logged in, at the top of each article, video or slideshow you will see a list of your Facebook friends who recently visited Choose to share stories you'e read with your friends or turn sharing OFF to keep your reading experience anonymous .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

It is hilarious to watch all those far right wing whackos cry to the government for help. Come help me quick, it might snow.
Jack Frost

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Judged:

Don Joe wrote:
It is hilarious to watch all those far right wing whackos cry to the government for help. Come help me quick, it might snow.
Yep, the tough-guy, gun toting southern boys need the government to protect them from snow flakes.

Pathetic. First the civil war and now "flurries".
Also lives in the South

Chandler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Do you think you will all stay home this time or will we see you on the news again? No excuses this time, you have been warned. Waiting.
Bear

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

Also lives in the South wrote:
Do you think you will all stay home this time or will we see you on the news again? No excuses this time, you have been warned. Waiting.
Warned against what, a little snow and ice? Won't bother me none, got work to do...
Almanac Gore

Hanoi, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

please dont blamatic on Gore!! ;-0r visit www.fema.org

;-000
Southern

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Jack Frost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the tough-guy, gun toting southern boys need the government to protect them from snow flakes.
Pathetic. First the civil war and now "flurries".
Our tough-guy, gun toting, southern boys aren't used to living on all that pavement especially ice/snow covered. So what? We think its funny when a Yankee tries to tear us down with insults because as our southern rep is hospitality, the Yankee's rep is a know it all ass who always voices their opinion with crudeness. May I suggest you return to land above Mason/Dixon.
Southern

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Don Joe wrote:
Yeah, you would think when a state declares a state of emergency, the federal gov, people from other states, people in general should already be making plans to help.
Southern

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Warned against what, a little snow and ice? Won't bother me none, got work to do...
Me me me me me. Gordon Co Emergency has put out a statement asking everyone to stay off the roads because of the weather. Take the time off and try to enjoy it. If not, I hope you are self employed and don't have employees or work with the public that way your decision won't effect others.
Batty

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Southern wrote:
<quoted text>Our tough-guy, gun toting, southern boys aren't used to living on all that pavement especially ice/snow covered. So what? We think its funny when a Yankee tries to tear us down with insults because as our southern rep is hospitality, the Yankee's rep is a know it all ass who always voices their opinion with crudeness. May I suggest you return to land above Mason/Dixon.
"Jack Frost" is a mentally challenged troll living in Long Beach, Ca. Originally from Minn., he has trolled this site since 2011.The moderators banned him from the Long Beach site some time ago. He says he picks on the south because it's fun. Translation: a lonely bully.
Last winter hundreds of persons from CA were stranded on mountain roads during a snow storm. Also, CA just received millions in federal funds to assist with the drought.
Jack Frost

Pico Rivera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Judged:

Southern wrote:
<quoted text>Our tough-guy, gun toting, southern boys aren't used to living on all that pavement especially ice/snow covered. So what? We think its funny when a Yankee tries to tear us down with insults because as our southern rep is hospitality, the Yankee's rep is a know it all ass who always voices their opinion with crudeness. May I suggest you return to land above Mason/Dixon.
Hospitality? Slobbering racist sluggishly lurching to the next fried pile poorly cooked slop.
Anger and Hatred

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Jack Frost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hospitality? Slobbering racist sluggishly lurching to the next fried pile poorly cooked slop.
Troll Purpose: A socially, emotionally. and mentally immature person who seeks to inspire anger for personal amusement. Eventually he will work up to talk about depraved sexual acts. He goes by the name of Cletus. He says that he doesn't read the articles, just the headlines.
Bear

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Southern wrote:
<quoted text>Me me me me me. Gordon Co Emergency has put out a statement asking everyone to stay off the roads because of the weather. Take the time off and try to enjoy it. If not, I hope you are self employed and don't have employees or work with the public that way your decision won't effect others.
I hope you stay cuddled up and warm in front of your fireplace, no worries on my end. I have work to do. Some of that work will involve moving equipment up and down state highways. My equipment can handle it, without any issues at all. In fact, if called upon (as in many times before) I'll end up helping "the authorities" somewhere along the line. Coffee is done, time to get back at it. Enjoy your day, I'm sure I'll enjoy mine.
Southern

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you stay cuddled up and warm in front of your fireplace, no worries on my end. I have work to do. Some of that work will involve moving equipment up and down state highways. My equipment can handle it, without any issues at all. In fact, if called upon (as in many times before) I'll end up helping "the authorities" somewhere along the line. Coffee is done, time to get back at it. Enjoy your day, I'm sure I'll enjoy mine.
Be safe and thank you for helping out when they call on you.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

The deep south far righters will be screaming for big daddy government to help them...

Oh and what they are getting down there and it is HORRIBLE to them..WE GET ALMOST WEEKLY IN MINNESOTA. No big deal.
CZars_R_US

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

cancer suxs wrote:
The deep south far righters will be screaming for big daddy government to help them...
Oh and what they are getting down there and it is HORRIBLE to them..WE GET ALMOST WEEKLY IN MINNESOTA. No big deal.
Course you know the Atlanta area is mostly Democrat. That is where most of the mess always is. The rest of the area you hear very little about.

Atlanta area hospitals will be full of folks whose last words were Hey Ya'll watch this.
1 post removed
fehnmk

Freetown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

hgfhrt yurtyu
Weeks

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

cancer suxs wrote:
Minnesota gets little summer and a lot of winter. As you stated "almost weekly" you should have evolved into dealing exceptionally well with your snow. We in the south deal with 100 degrees in the summer, spring rains, cold winters, and fall droughts. We are not accustomed to dealing with snow and ice on our roads nor or we equipped for it. Our last "big one" was in '93.
As for asking gov for assistance, they give it to Calif for their droughts, La to rebuild New Orleans, etc etc. Heck, they're still giving farmers in Texas money not to farm some of their land and this has been going on since dust bowl.
Personally, I think you should enjoy your two seasons and let us handle our ever changing four. Look at it this way, once we have a handle in the snow thing, we may very well be equal to you during a storm like this but you can't handle a Georgia humid heat wave.
cancer suxs

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Weeks wrote:
<quoted text>Minnesota gets little summer and a lot of winter. As you stated "almost weekly" you should have evolved into dealing exceptionally well with your snow. We in the south deal with 100 degrees in the summer, spring rains, cold winters, and fall droughts. We are not accustomed to dealing with snow and ice on our roads nor or we equipped for it. Our last "big one" was in '93.
As for asking gov for assistance, they give it to Calif for their droughts, La to rebuild New Orleans, etc etc. Heck, they're still giving farmers in Texas money not to farm some of their land and this has been going on since dust bowl.
Personally, I think you should enjoy your two seasons and let us handle our ever changing four. Look at it this way, once we have a handle in the snow thing, we may very well be equal to you during a storm like this but you can't handle a Georgia humid heat wave.
Never been to Minnesota I take it? We get upper 90,s and 100% humidity for two to three months in summer. Cold rainy wet flooding springs and dry drought type falls. PLUS SUB ZERO WINTERS WITH TONS OF SNOW.

We from the north are just stronger tougher and not as weak as people from the south.

Oh and we get heat waves as hot and as humid as you do down south. Plus we have 10000000000000 trillion mosquitos per person to deal with.
Southern

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been to Minnesota I take it? We get upper 90,s and 100% humidity for two to three months in summer. Cold rainy wet flooding springs and dry drought type falls. PLUS SUB ZERO WINTERS WITH TONS OF SNOW.
We from the north are just stronger tougher and not as weak as people from the south.
Oh and we get heat waves as hot and as humid as you do down south. Plus we have 10000000000000 trillion mosquitos per person to deal with.
Trillion Mosquitos?? Can't help laughing at that because that's what we're known for. My bad on comments I made about two seasons. We Do Not get sub zero. We are not accustomed to snow and ice. Four wheel drive and tire chains are something we don't think about because we don't have to use them but every 20 years. We don't own excessive snow plows and salt trucks because of that reason.
It's like saying if you live on the beach and hit by hurricane the gov shouldn't help. In reality, we all end up paying for this help in other ways. Example: after Katrina, they came thru Georgia and surveyed land. They put me in flood zone and now I am mandated to have flood insurance by my mortgage company.
Southern

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Its Weeks that posted on sister computer under Southern. Wanted to clarify that. And to tell you that just because you are accustomed to driving and living in so much snow doesn't mean we are weaker. I'm sending a pat on the back your way since I figure you are hinting for one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the US Politics Forum right now

Search the US Politics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dems bring shutdown talk to Senate highway bill... 5 min Bee Eff Dee 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min EasyEed 1,071,471
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Fed Up Again 239,481
Obama rejects criticism over border crisis 7 min Bee Eff Dee 13
House Benghazi panel may cost $3 million this y... 8 min Shinichiro Takizawa 41
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Subduction Zone 111,631
Obama blamed for immigration influx 9 min squeezers 77
•••
•••