Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation. Full Story
litesong

Everett, WA

#34060 May 20, 2014
"ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully" gushed:
nothun.....
//////////
"frontporchreactionary " wrote:
guttersnipe denialist.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Oh, how similar the descriptions & names of "ratdownthemiddledownwron ggully", who is a sleazy slimy steenking toxic topix denier liar.

“Captain Yesterday's the Future”

Since: Oct 10

New New York

#34061 May 20, 2014
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
You extremists have admitted Global Warming doesn't exits by changing the name to Climate Change. So any weather event can be blamed on Climate Change. Your group IS really stupid you know. Only a Libertard would fall for it.
You're really and truly a moron, Beth. Love to hear the pot calling the kettle black...LOL

New New York

#34062 May 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>so....you're willing to "play with our planet" and mitigate atmospheric co2 then deal with whatever the consequences are after the fact?
no thanks.....plants seem to like the stuff....and i like plants.
Judging by your posts, you ARE a plant.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#34063 May 20, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie.
"Antarctica is now losing about 160 billion tonnes of ice a year to the ocean - twice as much as when the continent was last surveyed."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
A lie, see above. You going to row your dingy thru the fabled NW passage this summer? Don't get iced in like the idiots who went to Antarctica to prove globull warming. snicker

New New York

#34064 May 20, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking for an experiment based on the Scientific Method showing the costs and values of climate change mitigation. Seen one yet?
No you're not, Brainless. You're trolling the board with the same idiotic comment about 'climate change mitigation' that you've been trolling with since you first apppeared on here like a malignant mushroom.

We KNOW your schtick by now, Brainless. You're not fooling anyone and no one's looking for "studies' to fit your absurd criteria.

Poor Brainless....:)

New New York

#34065 May 20, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>if i'm an idiot, then why ask me to answer questions you should know before believing the science is settled?
you need to brush up on scientific methodology specifically, and logic in general, son!
lol
You may or may not be an idiot, but you're certainly a noisy trolling asshat. Get lost.

“you know i know”

denver

#34066 May 20, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie.
"Antarctica is now losing about 160 billion tonnes of ice a year to the ocean - twice as much as when the continent was last surveyed."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
wow,.43 mm a year of sea rise, I guess you should just kill yourself now.

Antarctic ice shelf melt 'lowest EVER recorded, global warming
www.theregister.co.uk/2014/.../antarctic_ice_... ...
The Register
Antarctic ice shelf melt 'lowest EVER recorded, global warming is NOT eroding it'. Human CO2 just not a big ... at Pine Island Glacier. By Lewis Page, 3 Jan 2014.

been to Antarctica lately? Of course not, you don't know squat about squat. IN fact you don't know anything that some other hysterical ninny didn't regurgitate to you.

“you know i know”

denver

#34067 May 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down and read this:
Washington (AFP)- Sea level rise is threatening the majority of NASA's launch pads and multi-billion dollar complexes famous for training astronauts and launching historic missions to space, scientists said on Tuesday.
From Cape Canaveral in Florida to mission control in Houston, the US space agency is busily building seawalls where possible and moving some buildings further inland.
Five of seven major NASA centers are located along the coast. Experts say that proximity to water is a logistical necessity for launching rockets and testing spacecraft.
Many NASA centers have already faced costly damage from encroaching water, coastal erosion and potent hurricanes, said a report by the Union of Concerned Scientists.
Perhaps the most iconic launchpad lies in Florida at the Kennedy Space Center, the liftoff point for the Apollo missions to the Moon and many space shuttle flights over the past three decades.
"According to NASA's planning and development office, rising sea levels are the single largest threat to the Kennedy Space Center's continued operations," said the report, which also listed other historic sites across the United States that are threatened by sea level rise.
Really? Some other idiot on here quoted an article that said seas rise was .43 mm . Can you translate that to inches for me, we use inches in America.

“you know i know”

denver

#34068 May 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down and read this:
Washington (AFP)- Sea level rise is threatening the majority of NASA's launch pads and multi-billion dollar complexes famous for training astronauts and launching historic missions to space, scientists said on Tuesday.
From Cape Canaveral in Florida to mission control in Houston, the US space agency is busily building seawalls where possible and moving some buildings further inland.
Five of seven major NASA centers are located along the coast. Experts say that proximity to water is a logistical necessity for launching rockets and testing spacecraft.
Many NASA centers have already faced costly damage from encroaching water, coastal erosion and potent hurricanes, said a report by the Union of Concerned Scientists.
Perhaps the most iconic launchpad lies in Florida at the Kennedy Space Center, the liftoff point for the Apollo missions to the Moon and many space shuttle flights over the past three decades.
"According to NASA's planning and development office, rising sea levels are the single largest threat to the Kennedy Space Center's continued operations," said the report, which also listed other historic sites across the United States that are threatened by sea level rise.
I was at the ocean recently, looked exactly the same as it was 30 years ago. What city on our coasts is being threatened?

Do you know that 80% of the increased CO2 emissions until 2050 will come from developing countries? Countries who most assuredly will not stifle their increased standard of living for some American hysterics? There is no alternative for fossil fuels for these countries, they are going to use them for the benefit of their own people. Virtually all countries look out for their own best interests, unlike America under liberals and hysterics.

“you know i know”

denver

#34069 May 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are caught repeating the same lies.
Get it straight: Global warming is man-made greenhouse effect that results in global climate change and other consequences such as ocean acidification, species extinction, etc.
No, I am not a Libertard and I caught your lies again.
When are you going to learn? You must be really stupid!
The problem I see with your spurious claim is that there are no facts to back it up. Do you deny our planet has went thru numerous climatic changes, when we weren't even around?

Do you deny many of the predictions of the hysterics have not come true? For instance, what happened to all the hurricanes that were predicted?

Do you deny that globull warming needed a new name, climate change, when the warming stopped 17 years ago?

Do you deny that climate change is a catchall that can be used to explain virtually anything and everything?

“you know i know”

denver

#34070 May 20, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yearly polar ices extension and retreat by themselves have absolutely no influence on the ocean level as long as it's ice above the sea surface. Same as ice melting in your glass of Bourbon doesn't change it's containt level.
Only the variations of the continental ices volume are related to the ocean level.
As I've already said, either sea ice has been flowing from the continents, then we can worry with some ocean rise, or sea ice has been made by its interaction with winter cold air, thus we just don't care how much it's extension is if summer extend remains steady.
OK, so what?

“you know i know”

denver

#34071 May 20, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that. Some scientists think that effects of northern polar ices melt could change the Gulf stream regime so that it would stop mitigating the climate over Europe, thus Europe would be much colder and more snowy in winter, with higher albedo for longer time, thus more Sun energy reflexion at space, fueling climate cooling.
Up to now, such change in the Gulf Steam regime hasn't been registered.
as i said, climate change can explain anything and everything. I don't subscribe to that theory.

“you know i know”

denver

#34072 May 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
"Sea-level rise, coastal erosion, increased flooding, heavy rains and more frequent large wildfires are damaging archaeological resources, historic buildings and cultural landscapes across the nation," says the report, "National Landmarks at Risk."
What's the cost?
Ever watch "Dangerous Planet"? Are you aware right now we might be in a narrow window where mankind can even exist? The dinosaurs lasted much, much longer than we have, however they died out. AS at one time did tens of thousands of species. Been watching the new "Cosmos"? very enlightening.

Someone once said the only constant in this universe is change. Do you disagree with that?
1 post removed

“you know i know”

denver

#34074 May 20, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't ask a rationnal question.
he wants the climate as an experimental object that peoples can manipulate the way they want
To be feasible, this would require that we have an Earth twin-sister to experiment with.
As long as neither "Brian_G" nor "ritedownthemiddle" nor anyone can give me an Earth twin-sister to play with, I can tell you that "climate mitigation experimental tests" are pure fantasms, science is not science-fiction.
I believe the scientific method is entirely applicable to this subject.

“you know i know”

denver

#34075 May 20, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't ask a rationnal question.
he wants the climate as an experimental object that peoples can manipulate the way they want
To be feasible, this would require that we have an Earth twin-sister to experiment with.
As long as neither "Brian_G" nor "ritedownthemiddle" nor anyone can give me an Earth twin-sister to play with, I can tell you that "climate mitigation experimental tests" are pure fantasms, science is not science-fiction.
Are you a scientist Or a dilettante?

“you know i know”

denver

#34076 May 20, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I said an Earth twin sister, don't worry about your supposed to be twin brother, all that remains fantasmatics.
You like plants, so do I. The difference is that I have very good and rationnal arguments to say that men can influence the climate, especially when they erase the quarter of the forested surface of the USA. Cereal fields have very poor water retention capacity compared to that of a forest, further more, forests secrete cloud favouring molecules. I have not the least doubt that removing forests for cereal fields helps soil drying under lasting heatwave.
Do you eat things? Do you only eat things grown in forests? Of course not. How many forests has France destroyed? You're sounding nonsensical, do you propose we go back to being hunters and gatherers?

Sounds like it.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#34077 May 20, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem I see with your spurious claim is that there are no facts to back it up. Do you deny our planet has went thru numerous climatic changes, when we weren't even around?
Do you deny many of the predictions of the hysterics have not come true? For instance, what happened to all the hurricanes that were predicted?
Do you deny that globull warming needed a new name, climate change, when the warming stopped 17 years ago?
Do you deny that climate change is a catchall that can be used to explain virtually anything and everything?
Read my previous post.
1 post removed

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#34079 May 20, 2014
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
I said an Earth twin sister, don't worry about your supposed to be twin brother, all that remains fantasmatics.
You like plants, so do I. The difference is that I have very good and rationnal arguments to say that men can influence the climate, especially when they erase the quarter of the forested surface of the USA. Cereal fields have very poor water retention capacity compared to that of a forest, further more, forests secrete cloud favouring molecules. I have not the least doubt that removing forests for cereal fields helps soil drying under lasting heatwave.
i don't care about your doubts, son. i want factual information...not rhetoric. can you put that up if you won't shut up?

speaking of cloud favouring molecules....that really contributes to ghg....didn't you know that??!!

go back to the energy usage as a percentage of household income.....that was the best conversation i could have with a simpleton like you, son.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#34080 May 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you are misrepresenting the flow of the forum posts.
You liked your comrade's post so you should address it. You should also explain what's not settled... in your mini vocabulary..
if you're making a statement, son, back it up with how!! you always fall short of asserting yourself.

is it because you lack 'manhood', boy.

come out and say what you mean, pusssscceeeee!!!

i'm not misrepresenting anything.....you're a fuquing idiot just like litethong!! is that plain enough, shug???

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#34081 May 20, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>The insurers..
"Gerrard and other environmental law experts say the suits are the first of their kind."
no shit, sherlock!!! you people know how to boost corporate profits....and i thank you. just don't go thinking your hoax matches reality!!

haa haa haa

either way....i win. i'm just more altruistic than you seem to be.

dumb myopic fucquer. you don't even get the joke!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,173,839
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 8 min Elton Johns alter... 57,223
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min WelbyMD 183,889
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 27 min Agents of Corruption 305,241
Tea party plans to abandon some of their GOP stars (Aug '13) 1 hr swedenforever 137
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 142,702
U.S. senator threatens aid cut to Palestinians ... 1 hr Asian Guy 77
Scott Walker has no college degree. That's norm... 3 hr serfs up 729
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... 3 hr serfs up 42
Sarah Palin and her onetime fans on the right: ... 3 hr serfs up 40
More from around the web