Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37261 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#33912 May 17, 2014
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't you learn it then?
Your ignorance is showing.
Apparently you're counting on readers having a goldfish mind like yours and not remembering that I knew it and you didn't.

How do you get through life without dropping an ice cube in a glass of water and wondering "Gee, I wonder why that floats?"?
Beth

Minneapolis, MN

#33913 May 17, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
He never said it doesn't snow at the South Pole. But the SP doesn't get much.......yearly, about 4 inches, compared to the yearly World Records, at Mt. Rainier & Mt. Baker, upwards of 1140 inches.
4 inches of snow a year amounts to less than 1/5 inch of water. How long does it take to accumulate the ice cap? FOREVER..

And in 200 years it's going to melt with below freezing temps?
1 post removed
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Since: Oct 10

Impeach Trump

#33915 May 17, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Your buddy spacdedblues was all a twitter that same image a while back He couldn't produce the data from which it was created. Maybe you can.
And for starts... who's version of "Observed Temperature" is that? There are many, many of those.
As Warmists are wont to do they cherry-pick one they like (or make one up) call it 'real' and trot it out to their minions (that would be you) to spew relentlessly.
But why are you even posting? If it's a crisis, shut your damn pie hole and save the planet from another puff of that evil CO2.
You'll be back... I'm sure.
Hypocrite.
As usual, nothing but cretinous trolling, spamming, and insults from you. As you are wont to do, you pretend it's about politics and lie, then lie some more, and finish it off with a couple more lies.

A planet dominated by thugs like you doens' t DESERVE to survive.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#33916 May 17, 2014
Global warminsts have a huge credibility problem and won't address it. Instead they whine like spoiled school kids, stamp their collective feet and scream from their tiny lungs, "Pay attention to us!"

Problem is... folks do pay attention, hence their credibility problem. For years and years using billions and billions of dollars they've produced scads for 'studies' to support their "science", and have the ears of the MSM, the politicians, and the 'hip' celebrities. And still they get crickets.

The public sees quite well on their own that for all the "talk" about crisis and government action on the matter, those widdle tykes screaming the loudest still don't act like the crisis they claim is really happening.

The MSM loves to cover all the summits, meetings, conferences and conventions (usually in exotic locations --- can you say 'free' vacation?), but somehow the warmists cannot understand that the public sees those same events in exotic locations and questions whether the crisis promoted really exists.

"Huh? If it's a crisis why all the travel? All the jets? All the taxis, the limos, the resorts? Should not these super-smarties have a way to NOT use all those dreadful fossil fuels they say are causing this same crisis? Is not that the message they're promoting -- to use less? Don't those same rules apply to themselves?"

Faced with this dilemma, warmists could set out trying to clean up their act, and start walking their talk. But instead, they go back into their standard playbook. "Hmm... no one is believing our message. I know! Let's have some studies to explain why they don't believe our message! And bonus points to any one that can knock organized religion, conservatives and the evil Koch brothers!"

Round 2: The studies come out... and the same result. No one takes them seriously. Back to the drawing board. "Hmm.... maybe it's Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Hannnity, Beck and all them talk radio folk. They must be sabotaging our message. Let's get the MSM on the warpath for us -- the owe us for all them great vacations to those exotic locations anyway."

And off they go... ignoring the obvious for the sake of their 'message'.

Round 3: Still no public support? "Huh? What gives? The public must be stupid."

But no where do warmists acknowledge they look no further than themselves to find fault in their strategy. If it indeed is a crisis, then shouldn't warmists from top to bottom actually behave as it is one? Should they not hold accountable even within their own ranks those who don't take the "crisis" seriously? Should not a few sacrifices be made for the sake of the 'cause'... and a few folks tossed under the bus for willful disregard for the very science they claim to support?

"Nah.... we just need another study. Yeah... a good one this time."
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#33917 May 17, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, nothing but cretinous trolling, spamming, and insults from you. As you are wont to do, you pretend it's about politics and lie, then lie some more, and finish it off with a couple more lies.
A planet dominated by thugs like you doens' t DESERVE to survive.
Oh look... another global warming hypocrite.

Maybe you can resolve the dilemma of creating that evil CO2 just to post your bit of nastiness.

Go ahead... give it a try.

You'd be the first.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#33918 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Do you want free fossil fuels?
No, of course not. I do want our government to encourage the production and use of energy and fuel, in order to bring down the price. Conservation only serves to raise the price of the conserved commodity, since we all need and use fossil fuel.

SpaceBlues wrote:
There's no dispute over the first man-made global climate change and its consequences..
There's dispute over how much climate change is natural and how much is man made. We have dispute over which point we want to set the climate thermostat, what's too warm for you is too cold for me. We have dispute over whether climate change is catastrophe or rescue from ice age. We have dispute over government wasting money on renewable energy while encouraging higher fossil fuel prices and conservation.

There's no end to the dispute over climate change; there is no consensus.

SpaceBlues wrote:
except from you. And you don't count in this matter.
Here we differ, I believe S.B.'s climate change fears are irrational and mistaken.

SpaceBlues wrote:
Give it up, denier creationist.
I wish you'd stop calling people who are skeptical of climate change mitigation: "denier" because it makes you look like antisemitic.

Also, I believe evolution is a scientific theory and creationism is faith, not science. S.B. seems to have a habit of defaming his opponents because reason takes more work.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#33919 May 17, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
It's actually warmer sea water that is melting the Antarctic ice.(And it is an observable fact that the ice is melting.)[URL deleted]
Heat from the Equator, where the sun strikes full on, moves to the poles. CO2 has little to do with heat flow through the oceans. Climate is arctic ice melting in Summer and seawater freezing in Winter. Don't panic.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33920 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, of course not. I do want our government to encourage the production and use of energy and fuel, in order to bring down the price. Conservation only serves to raise the price of the conserved commodity, since we all need and use fossil fuel.
<quoted text>There's dispute over how much climate change is natural and how much is man made. We have dispute over which point we want to set the climate thermostat, what's too warm for you is too cold for me. We have dispute over whether climate change is catastrophe or rescue from ice age. We have dispute over government wasting money on renewable energy while encouraging higher fossil fuel prices and conservation.
There's no end to the dispute over climate change; there is no consensus.
<quoted text>Here we differ, I believe S.B.'s climate change fears are irrational and mistaken.
<quoted text>I wish you'd stop calling people who are skeptical of climate change mitigation: "denier" because it makes you look like antisemitic.
Also, I believe evolution is a scientific theory and creationism is faith, not science. S.B. seems to have a habit of defaming his opponents because reason takes more work.
We want free fossil fuels, duh, recist!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#33921 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Probably true but one thing is certain: we have no more control over climate than cockroaches can control climate.
Enjoy it while it lasts; emit greenhouse gas today because you can't when you're dead and you'll be dead far longer than you've lived.
So, your life plan is 'f*ck it! I can't help it so I'm not trying.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#33922 May 17, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>We want free fossil fuels, duh, recist!
This bit of spew brought to you courtesy of a global warming hypocrite who routinely laments the evil CO2 he's only too willing to produce for the sake of his spew.
Beth

Minneapolis, MN

#33923 May 17, 2014
Global Warming is BS!
Purely Canadian

Spruce Grove, Canada

#33924 May 17, 2014
From an astrological point of view, we can expect current weather patterns to mellow out after 2016. By 2023, things are back to normal.

I'm sure all those politicians who have an astrologer on their payroll has already told them just that, but hey, what's one more lie?
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#33925 May 17, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Global warminsts have a huge credibility problem and won't address it. Instead they whine like spoiled school kids, stamp their collective feet and scream from their tiny lungs, "Pay attention to us!"

...blah, blah, blah.....
You're projecting again. As usual, much hot air from you but no facts and nothing to say. Just blustering resentment, lies, and personal attacks on everyone.

Pathetic, really.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#33926 May 17, 2014
Beth wrote:
Global Warming is BS!
No, troll, that would be your POSTS. Go away.
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#33927 May 17, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
This bit of spew brought to you courtesy of a global warming hypocrite who routinely laments the evil CO2 he's only too willing to produce for the sake of his spew.
Umm, I think that's yourself you're speaking for there, mothballs.:)
Captain Yesterday

“Trump is the Enemy”

Impeach Trump

#33928 May 17, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Heat from the Equator, where the sun strikes full on, moves to the poles. CO2 has little to do with heat flow through the oceans. Climate is arctic ice melting in Summer and seawater freezing in Winter. Don't panic.
My god, if you were any dumber, Brian, you'd have to get someone else to type your drivel for you.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#33929 May 17, 2014
Mothra wrote:
Problem is... folks do pay attention, hence their credibility problem. For years and years using billions and billions of dollars they've produced scads for 'studies' to support their "science", and have the ears of the MSM, the politicians, and the 'hip' celebrities. And still they get crickets.
The public sees quite well on their own that for all the "talk" about crisis and government action on the matter, those widdle tykes screaming the loudest still don't act like the crisis they claim is really happening.
The MSM loves to cover all the summits, meetings, conferences and conventions (usually in exotic locations --- can you say 'free' vacation?), but somehow the warmists cannot understand that the public sees those same events in exotic locations and questions whether the crisis promoted really exists.
"Huh? If it's a crisis why all the travel? All the jets? All the taxis, the limos, the resorts? Should not these super-smarties have a way to NOT use all those dreadful fossil fuels they say are causing this same crisis? Is not that the message they're promoting -- to use less? Don't those same rules apply to themselves?"
Faced with this dilemma, warmists could set out trying to clean up their act, and start walking their talk. But instead, they go back into their standard playbook. "Hmm... no one is believing our message. I know! Let's have some studies to explain why they don't believe our message! And bonus points to any one that can knock organized religion, conservatives and the evil Koch brothers!"
Round 2: The studies come out... and the same result. No one takes them seriously. Back to the drawing board. "Hmm.... maybe it's Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Hannnity, Beck and all them talk radio folk. They must be sabotaging our message. Let's get the MSM on the warpath for us -- the owe us for all them great vacations to those exotic locations anyway."
And off they go... ignoring the obvious for the sake of their 'message'.
Round 3: Still no public support? "Huh? What gives? The public must be stupid."
But no where do warmists acknowledge they look no further than themselves to find fault in their strategy. If it indeed is a crisis, then shouldn't warmists from top to bottom actually behave as it is one? Should they not hold accountable even within their own ranks those who don't take the "crisis" seriously? Should not a few sacrifices be made for the sake of the 'cause'... and a few folks tossed under the bus for willful disregard for the very science they claim to support?
"Nah.... we just need another study. Yeah... a good one this time."
This is one of the most honest and best posts I've read in a long time!!!

Thanks, Mothra.

If AGW is so real....such an emergency.....so dire.....why aren't the elected officials who promote this hoax riding bikes to work? Why do they insist on riding first class if theyre really ashamed of their fossil fuel usage? Why does Al Gore and other liberals live such lavish lifestyles with multiple homes? Can liberals lead by example???

NO!!! Because they really know this climate hoax is really bullshyt. What other conclusion can one come to? If it was as bad as they insist.....they would lead....not preach.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33930 May 17, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
You're projecting again. As usual, much hot air from you but no facts and nothing to say. Just blustering resentment, lies, and personal attacks on everyone.
Pathetic, really.
hey, son, the forum is quietly waiting for you to put on a mitt and get into the game.

or, are you just going to lie and make personal attacks on people apparently much smarter than you seem to be??

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33931 May 17, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
My god, if you were any dumber, Brian, you'd have to get someone else to type your drivel for you.
do you have a scientific refutation of the comment that poster made???

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#33932 May 17, 2014
Captain Yesterday wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, I think that's yourself you're speaking for there, mothballs.:)
mothra isn't worried about co2 emissions, son!! you and your ilk are......where is the concern and frugality from your faith based proclamations?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min mdbuilder 1,580,758
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Trumpler 25,559
News Why Hire More Border Patrol When Illegal Immigr... 6 min spytheweb 41
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 7 min EMMETT TILL 317
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Quirky 286,887
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 21 min Rico from East Lo... 1,260
News Arpaio pardon would refute key theme in immigra... 24 min spytheweb 1
More from around the web