Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 37504 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#31546 Feb 9, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, it didn't sway me, nothing I've seen has made me a believer[insult]. Are you frustrated[insult]? resorting to insults? The only thing predictable about the weather/.climate is that it's unpredictable.
Warmers[insult] said 20 years ago it would continue to get warmer, that hasn't happened.[insult]
The AGW theory has never been proven to my knowledge[insult].
I think my post above says it all.
LOL. You don't follow science but post your fixed politics.

Any theory holds until disproven. There goes your ignorance... pssssssss!

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/nma...

P.S. You are proud of your insults, huh.
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#31547 Feb 9, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>To another poster:

Would you have an estimate of the CO2 and pollution that Saddam unleashed when he set Kuwaits oil wells ablaze? Must have been substantial.
The tree huggers[insult] never mention that, do they?
Have you figured out yet how much CO2 and pollution two Iraqi wars and associated activities unleashed?

“Animal Testing Saves Lives”

Since: Apr 11

And Saving Lives is Good

#31548 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>.
From a factual perspective, that is incorrect. In fact, the opposite is true...except that things aren't "proven." Instead a theory needs "support" and if it isn't supported, it is rejected until it becomes supported.

Schools really need to focus more attention on understanding science.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#31549 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha only an idiot would post as you do!
Is it the fossil fuel industry that makes you deny the man-made CO2 has caused mostly the modern global climate change?
Makes you "double the idiot" ..!!!
LOL
you believe in an incredible hoax.......and call others an idiot.
try again, gullible moron.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#31550 Feb 9, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, you don't think perhaps the over 2000 nuclear bombs mankind has detonated hasn't had some kind of effect on the global weather streams?
no, son, i don't. do you have any quantifiable evidence to show it has?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#31551 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. You don't follow science but post your fixed politics.
Globull warming stopped 15 years ago, time for you to invent a new theory.

Ok, I theorize your fat mama was the biggest tramp in the state, now disprove it.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#31552 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Have you figured out yet how much CO2 and pollution two Iraqi wars and associated activities unleashed?
your political agenda is showing, lady.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#31553 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL
Really?
And you have the nerve to call others an idiot.
wow!
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#31554 Feb 9, 2014
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
From a factual perspective, that is incorrect. In fact, the opposite is true...except that things aren't "proven." Instead a theory needs "support" and if it isn't supported, it is rejected until it becomes supported.
Schools really need to focus more attention on understanding science.
In your ignorance, you speak out of context. You are incorrect.

I was following up on an ongoing talk regarding the AGW which is factually valid as the title of the thread tells you. Your ignorance in science matters is factually obvious.

What does this tell you:

“you know i know”

denver

#31555 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Have you figured out yet how much CO2 and pollution two Iraqi wars and associated activities unleashed?
No, I haven't, have you? I doubt if it's as much as Hollywood movies produce in a year, maybe you should tell Mr. Potato head, they all support him.

Hollywood gets a new role as Los Angeles' great polluter | World ...

www.theguardian.com › News › World news&#8206;

The Guardian

Nov 14, 2006 - A study by the University of California Los Angeles shows the film and television industry to be the second largest polluter in the Los Angeles ...

Can you show me one place where any warmer has criticized them and their non stop explosions and fires?

“you know i know”

denver

#31556 Feb 9, 2014
FARK.com :(2415472) Worst polluter in LA? Big Oil. Second worst ...

www.fark.com/.../Worst-polluter-in-LA-Big-Oil... ;

Fark

Nov 15, 2006 - Pasted below, if anyone's curious./not submitter. Another Hollywood production: smog. UCLA report says the movie and TV industry is a major ...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#31557 Feb 9, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
War Is A Racket
WAR is a racket. It always has been.
It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.
A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.
In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows.
How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?
Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few -- the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.
what does this have to do with AGW?
you are smart enough to stay on point, right?

“you know i know”

denver

#31558 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
I do follow science, have been interested in it all my life, that's why I know AGW is unproven bunk. That's why I know the earth has been thru many climate changing events and likely will continue to do so until the sun incinerates us. From what I know another ice age is a bigger worry.
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#31559 Feb 9, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
you believe in an incredible hoax.......and call others an idiot.
try again, gullible moron.
hahaha you called me and I served you back as you deserved. Don't you like the truth?

Answer: No, you don't. You accuse me of "believing in an incredible hoax." You are certainly a "gullible moron."

P.S. You are hereby served back your insults. Aww does it hurt?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#31560 Feb 9, 2014
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text> because of our ignorance and blind faith to follow empty promises and leaders.
this statement pretty much sums up global warming alarmists. it could be the AGW credo! one can only you people will never get the joke.

lol

“you know i know”

denver

#31561 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
What's so funny?

“you know i know”

denver

#31562 Feb 9, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Someone has very thin skin. Your statement on theories clearly shows YOUR lack of a scientific education.
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#31563 Feb 9, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Globull warming stopped[insult] 15 years ago, time for you to invent a new theory.
Ok, I theorize your fat mama[insult] was the biggest tramp[insult] in the state[insult], now disprove it.
The word is "global."

Does this show AGW has stopped? Of course, not.

Leave mamas alone.

“you know i know”

denver

#31564 Feb 9, 2014
AGW has too many unprovens to be called a "theory"

The word “theory” means a number of different things, depending on the context. In the maths and sciences, for example, it is a tested and testable concept that is used to explain an occurrence. For students of the arts, the term refers to the non-practical aspect of their work, while laypeople refer to unproven ideas and speculation as theories. The multitude of meanings for this word can get confusing, but the intent is usually clear from the context; a mathematical paper talking about a theory, for example, is probably referring to it in the scientific sense.

In English, the word dates back to 1592, when it was used to mean a concept or scheme. By the 1630s, scientists had co-opted the term, using it to describe an explanation or thought that was based on observation and testing.“To theorize” also emerged at around the same time.

In the sciences, theories are created after observation and testing. They are designed to rationally and clearly explain a phenomenon. For example, Isaac Newton came up with a theory about gravity in the 17th century, and it proved to be both testable and correct. Scientific theories are not quite the same thing as facts, but they are often very similar; scientists usually test their theories extensively before airing them, looking for obvious problems which could cause them to be challenged.
AGW is challenged daily.
SpaceBlues

Hockley, TX

#31565 Feb 9, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Really?
And you have the nerve to call others an idiot.
wow!
Read my previous posts.

BWAHAHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 4 min EVILmonkies 389
News Roy Moore's sexual assault allegations cloud Al... 8 min American Independent 127
News GOP closer to big win with House tax vote; Sena... 11 min Aquarius-WY 14
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 21 min ExplainsBongo 41,588
News Anti-gay married Republican quits after he is c... 30 min Retribution 5
News Moscow meeting in June 2017 under scrutiny in T... 50 min Apprentice 2
News Sen. Hatch to Dems saying tax cuts are for rich... 51 min Retribution 12
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr The Big Lebowski 1,640,333
More from around the web