Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 20 comments on the Jul 29, 2010, TwinCities.com story titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Sunny

Longview, WA

#30090 Oct 14, 2013
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30091 Oct 14, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bit one sided. The land (47% of Palestine) was granted to them as a homeland for reparations of the Holocaust. Maybe a bit 'post facto' but still legal. The Palestinians backed the wrong horse.
But of course, I cannot defend the naked land grab that has gone on since. They 'took' 78%, exceeding the land grant by a wide margin. They currently 'control' 100% and they continue to expand settlements on 'occupied' territories that violates the Geneva Convention and is totally ILLEGAL in international law. And they continue to violate Palestinian rights with impugnity and some disdain. I value the Jewish friends I have, but the current STATE of Israel is nothing I can approve of.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30092 Oct 14, 2013

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Since: Oct 13

Norvelt

#30093 Oct 14, 2013
fifth grade science wrote:
<quoted text>
Co2 and sunlight are fifth grade science project material. Did you sleep through it?
Co2 levels have exploded in the last century along with the industrial revolution. Been asleep again?
I love reading ignorance like this couched in condescention. Ignoring the fact that CO2 levels in the past have been 5 times higher than they are today, even manbearpig, er Al Gore's graphs show increased CO2 levels follow warming, which means it is impossible to be the cause.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30094 Oct 14, 2013
The Abstruse Polymath wrote:
<quoted text>
I love reading ignorance like this couched in condescention. Ignoring the fact that CO2 levels in the past have been 5 times higher than they are today, even manbearpig, er Al Gore's graphs show increased CO2 levels follow warming, which means it is impossible to be the cause.
Get out of here, no-polymath.

Your words don't mean a thing in science without evidence. And you have NONE.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#30095 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of here, no-polymath.
Ice core samples prove the CO2 levels, what isn't proven 1 bit is that increased CO2 emissions cause warming and especially that Man is in any way responsible for climate change.

If you wish to remain a fool in ignorance, that is your perogative.

Since: Sep 11

Rogers, MN

#30096 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Ice core samples prove the CO2 levels, what isn't proven 1 bit is that increased CO2 emissions cause warming and especially that Man is in any way responsible for climate change.
You're right. Ice core samples have demonstrated that not only were there periods in history, prior to homo sapiens, that had higher CO2 levels, there were also periods of warming more intense than those recorded in the last few decades.

And as always, the global warming crowd does not take in to consideration the findings of geologists, astronomers, astrophysicists, and other cosmological scientists that have a good deal of evidence that throws a number of other factors in to the mix that affect the Earth's atmosphere. These include solar activity, one of the biggest factors, gravitational effects of the other planets and other space born bodies, cosmic radiation from outside the solar system and even the distant effects of the black hole that is very probably at the center of our galaxy. All of these things and more play a part in the development of Earth. hinging their results on just the observations of a few decades or even centuries of observation is not science. It is more akin to guessing.

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#30097 Oct 14, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Ice core samples have demonstrated that not only were there periods in history, prior to homo sapiens, that had higher CO2 levels, there were also periods of warming more intense than those recorded in the last few decades.
And as always, the global warming crowd does not take in to consideration the findings of geologists, astronomers, astrophysicists, and other cosmological scientists that have a good deal of evidence that throws a number of other factors in to the mix that affect the Earth's atmosphere. These include solar activity, one of the biggest factors, gravitational effects of the other planets and other space born bodies, cosmic radiation from outside the solar system and even the distant effects of the black hole that is very probably at the center of our galaxy. All of these things and more play a part in the development of Earth. hinging their results on just the observations of a few decades or even centuries of observation is not science. It is more akin to guessing.
The best part is even when the evidence points to the opposite conclusion, as in the latest IPCC study, they think that people will buy their crap.... New Improved Global Warming: now with increased sea ice coverage and cooler temperatures, LOL!
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30098 Oct 14, 2013

“Earth's #1 Brain.”

Norvelt

#30099 Oct 14, 2013
I love it when the Terri Schaivos of the world vote on my posts, it is funny to see the ignorant wet their diapers.
Kyle

United States

#30100 Oct 14, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when a denier tries to sound all sciency and presents stupid shite and glaring mistakes while doing so.

This moron is either so clueless as to think that climate scientists ignore solar activity or thinks you are.

As for some of his other arguments? He's simultaneously stating a fallacious argument from ignorance and proposing causations that are laughably improbable.
Kyle

United States

#30101 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I also enjoy it when science deniers present what they believe to be bulletproof arguments ("it is impossible") that completely rest on fallacious reasoning so obvious that small children would be appalled.

Here's an analogy for you, Obtuse Pokeman - "Chickens cannot possibly lay eggs because chickens have been observed to hatch from eggs."

Prediction: Not one of you science denying ftards will have the intellectual honesty to admit how hard the Obtuse One's argument blows. Not one. Not even when I've preemptively revealed how this failure provides evidence that deniers are not interested in the truth.

I would like to be proved wrong but experience says that your pathologies are stronger than your dedication to denial.

BTW, there is a rational conclusion to be reached from CO2 increases lagging warming episodes caused by multiple other forcing functions. That is that there is a CO2 based positive feedback that amplifies warming - including warming caused by CO2 in the first place. I guarantee that no science denier will admit to that obvious conclusion.
Kyle

United States

#30102 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
The best part is even when the evidence points to the opposite conclusion, as in the latest IPCC study, they think that people will buy their crap.... New Improved Global Warming: now with increased sea ice coverage and cooler temperatures, LOL!
You have not made any rational argument for these claims.

You made an hilariously irrational argument for one, but that doesn't count.
Sunny

Longview, WA

#30103 Oct 14, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I also enjoy it when science deniers present what they believe to be bulletproof arguments ("it is impossible") that completely rest on fallacious reasoning so obvious that small children would be appalled.
Here's an analogy for you, Obtuse Pokeman - "Chickens cannot possibly lay eggs because chickens have been observed to hatch from eggs."
Prediction: Not one of you science denying ftards will have the intellectual honesty to admit how hard the Obtuse One's argument blows. Not one. Not even when I've preemptively revealed how this failure provides evidence that deniers are not interested in the truth.
I would like to be proved wrong but experience says that your pathologies are stronger than your dedication to denial.
BTW, there is a rational conclusion to be reached from CO2 increases lagging warming episodes caused by multiple other forcing functions. That is that there is a CO2 based positive feedback that amplifies warming - including warming caused by CO2 in the first place. I guarantee that no science denier will admit to that obvious conclusion.
"Yikes"Kyle you're just a want to be scientist and also a little brat boy that thinks nobody can deny his little dream world.
Or maybe you're a pizzed off Android that just thinks he has to control everybody.....lol
Or maybe you been taking to many of them testosterone pills.
Because you're one little mean boy,oh gee I just got it your a short guy.HAHAHAHA

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30104 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Welcome to the thread, "Poly"!! You'll see a lot of warmist religious freaks here. When posed with actual observations and facts, they always play the 'condescend' card.

pssssst......no intellectual honesty either. Some even perpetuate lies that have been proven wrong time and again.(1)

(1) See Spaced Blues willful dishonest claims.

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30105 Oct 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of here, no-polymath.
See what I mean, "Poly"?!?!

bwahahahahaha

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30106 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I've tried that route!!! Spaced Blues really enjoys ignorance bliss!!!!!

No point in responding to this proven liar......and trolly troll.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30107 Oct 14, 2013
cantmakeitup wrote:
<quoted text>
WARNING!!!!!! Facts are met with ad hominem diatribes on this thread.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30108 Oct 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Bravo!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Let's X Change!!”

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#30109 Oct 14, 2013
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when a denier tries to sound all sciency and presents stupid shite and glaring mistakes while doing so.
This moron is either so clueless as to think that climate scientists ignore solar activity or thinks you are.
As for some of his other arguments? He's simultaneously stating a fallacious argument from ignorance and proposing causations that are laughably improbable.
See what I mean, "cantmakethisup"?

LOL

Yet....."kyle" thinks his opinions outweigh scientific observations!!

It's like...."HI! I'm KYLE! I'm willfully ignorant....and I love it"!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 3 min the truth is the ... 976
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min Blitzking 160,827
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Troll IZ U 324,378
News Political barbs, celebrity-gazing main course a... 6 min Novus Ordo Seclorum 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min HILLARY 2016 179,128
News POLL Marco Rubio jumps to the head of GOP 2016 ... 13 min barefoot2626 33
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,220,127
News Clinton charities will refile tax returns, audi... 18 min barefoot2626 144
News Biden: 'Guys a you have to step up' to fight vi... 20 min serfs up 95
More from around the web