Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 35607 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#24951 Apr 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyle wrote:

"Who gives a flying eff that a denier moron like yourself thinks they need to act seperately to disentangle their effects."

I think its a good idea to see experimental data before blah, blah, blah (insert variation on same old tired, totally discredited BS claim made a thousand times)
You evaded your clear implosion, jackass. You clearly and repeatedly claimed that the effects of anthropogenic CO2 must be shown experimentally to have the same physical effects as other CO2. You know damn well that they have the same effect. you all so know that the former is 100X as much as the latter, yet you DISHONESTLY argued that it has yet to be demonstrated that the warming isn't being caused by the 1%. You know, the 15 that does the same thing as the 99%.

COULD YOU BE ANY MORE TRANSPARENTLY DECEPTIVE?!

I accept your concession on this argument because there is no way you can feign severe enough mental disability to continue to make it.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#24952 Apr 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean? Irrationality is a trait common to global warming alarmists and climate change mitigators.
OMFG. The projection. How do you do it. It must hurt.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#24953 Apr 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>In the experiment posted above, anthropogenic salt was added to a solution containing bacteria. The amount of salt in solution was the independent variable and life or death of the bacteria acted as the dependent variable. Science moves forward by experimental tests, not untested or untestable theories no matter the consensus.
The experiment I want to see published is (insert another variation of totaslly defeated, common sense defying BS argument)
You EVADED again. I'm not letting you off the hook, dipsquat. You can start as if you;re going to addres your implosion and then tap dance into another BS defeated argument 100 more times, but I will make it crystal clear 101 times that you;re evading your implosion.

Let's review the actual topic that you pretended to address:

You claim that the science is poorly grounded because there must be experiments performed that require separating CO2 molecules based upon their origin in recent organic material or not, and then testing the centuries old solid science of the greenhouse effect of CO2 to see if the former isn't >100X more potent than the latter, thereby justifying your science denial.

That's retarded. You know it. Defend it or concede it you knuckle-dragging waste of flesh.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#24954 Apr 4, 2013
Kyle wrote:
That's retarded. You know it. Defend it or concede it you knuckle-dragging waste of flesh.
A troll wants to cause a commotion and get people ranting and raving because they want their presence on a forum or comments thread to be the main focus. They want the spotlight and attention on them.

Often they will play devils advocate, vigorously defending statements or positions they know to be illogical or untrue in an attempt to get people riled up.

When they get a response they cite that as a victory....

Sometimes it can be hard to determine whether someone is playing at being a troll or if, in actual fact, they’re just an idiot.
http://www.insidersedge.co.uk/lifestyletips/h...

"...vigorously defending statements or positions they know to be illogical or untrue."

That's what Brian's all about.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#24955 Apr 4, 2013
Kyle wrote:
What a monumental efftard you are.
Wow! You're getting tough on 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver'. I only call it a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener.
Kyle

Ligonier, IN

#24956 Apr 5, 2013
Well, for a dude that posts non-stop, Lyin' Brian has suddenly disappeared. What do you think? Was I correct when I posted?:

"I accept your concession on this argument because there is no way you can feign severe enough mental disability to continue to make it."

Or can Lyin' Brian feign mental disability sufficient to continue to make this last argument of his?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#24957 Apr 5, 2013
Kyle wrote:
...dipsquat...so terminally stupid ... denier... retarded ... Stop ignoring my posts.
I often ignore people who can't engage in rational arguments. Nobody has to put up with abusive, insulting and bullying posts.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#24958 Apr 5, 2013
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
Dear Brian, may I respectfully disagree? There have been thousands of climate mitigation tests/experiments involving CO2 in the air and the science is clear... 1100ppm is, in fact, a healthier invironment for plant life than the current level of 385ppm. Sincerely, koolaid
Very interesting, would you please cite one?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#24959 Apr 5, 2013
Kyle wrote:
A LIE ....being deliberately dishonest ...damn ...scumbag ....
^^^More name calling. If reason fails, irrational ad hominem fallacies is all that remains.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24960 Apr 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^More name calling. If reason fails, irrational ad hominem fallacies is all that remains.
While you spam unreasonable demands and offer partisan poo... Of course... life is all about you and you suck.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24961 Apr 5, 2013
If you were anything but a POS hypocrite, you'd have sent the same message to the morons you agree with. Oops, more "logic" Brain Gone cannot refute.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#24962 Apr 5, 2013
Kyle wrote:
..., douchebag... efftard ....
Insults detract from content.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#24963 Apr 5, 2013
Kyle wrote:
A LIE.... you're a prevaricating bag of excrement....
Calling people on their irrationality shows you care.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24964 Apr 5, 2013
If you had any integrity, you'd have said the same to Phd.... Sorry Brain Gone, when the shoe fits...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#24965 Apr 5, 2013
Kyle wrote:
You evaded your clear implosion, jackass. You clearly and repeatedly claimed that the effects of anthropogenic CO2 must be shown experimentally to have the same physical effects as other CO2. You know damn well that they have the same effect. you all so know that the former is 100X as much as the latter, yet you DISHONESTLY argued that it has yet to be demonstrated that the warming isn't being caused by the 1%. You know, the 15 that does the same thing as the 99%. COULD YOU BE ANY MORE TRANSPARENTLY DECEPTIVE?! I accept your concession on this argument because there is no way you can feign severe enough mental disability to continue to make it.
There's no way to differentiate fossil carbon from natural sources from fossil carbon from oil, coal and gas use. Oil seeps from natural reservoirs and enters the biosphere, so does oil used to warm you home and their isotope signatures are the same.

Without experiments, there's no way to know how much a given amount of man made CO2 emissions compare to natural CO2 emissions. There are no peer reviewed experimental tests on this so we can't know if we release 100% of the increased atmospheric CO2 or if the correct figure is less than 1%.
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#24966 Apr 5, 2013
If you had any integrity, you'd have said the same to Phd.... Sorry Brain Gone, when the shoe fits...

No point in rehashing your dusty old diatribes, you're a dumbass....
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#24967 Apr 5, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
Insults detract from content.
But descriptions of "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver", which insult it, are full of accurate content.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#24968 Apr 5, 2013
Man made CO2 emissions from cultivating yeast has increased since humans discovered the effects of alcohol a million years ago. Yeast produced carbon dioxide as dough rises to make bread the same way it dumps CO2 into the atmosphere when fermented beverages are made.

The carbon yeast pumps into the air has a different isotope ratio from the carbon burned when a surgeon uses fossil fuel energy to help save the life of your child or the carbon freed into the air when your mom cooks your family dinner. In either case, that CO2 enters the atmosphere to help keep our climate from freezing.
1 post removed

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#24970 Apr 5, 2013
Kyle wrote:
...You claim that the science is poorly grounded because there must be experiments performed that require separating CO2 molecules based upon their origin in recent organic material or not, and then testing the centuries old solid science of the greenhouse effect of CO2 to see if the former isn't >100X more potent than the latter,
That's not my claim, I've said we can't know if it's possible to mitigate climate change because it hasn't been experimentally tested, just like you can't know if the used car you're buying will work unless you take it for a test drive.

It doesn't matter if we're mitigating the effects fossil fuel use, mitigating against the effects of destroying a natural CO2 sink or mitigating against emissions from decayed biomass because there's no way to know if it can help without tests.

Kyle wrote:
thereby justifying your science denial. That's retarded. You know it. Defend it or concede it you knuckle-dragging waste of flesh.
^^^They use insults, ad hominem arguments, because they can't deal with rational arguments.
1 post removed
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#24972 Apr 5, 2013
The oil that spewed into the Gulf of Mexico during the Deepwater Horizon disaster three years ago killed off millions of amoeba-like creatures that form the basis of the gulf's aquatic food chain, according to scientists at the University of South Florida.

The die-off of tiny foraminifera stretched through the mile-deep DeSoto Canyon and beyond, following the path of an underwater plume of oil that snaked out from the wellhead, said David Hollander, a chemical oceanographer with USF.

"Everywhere the plume went, the die-off went," Hollander said.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/wate...

Why soiled sediment?

One intriguing question is why some oil settled into the sediment on the bottom of the gulf a mile deep and stayed there. Hollander says that may be the work of two factors. One is the dispersant called Corexit that BP used to try to spread the oil out so it wouldn't wash ashore. The other is the Mississippi River.

BP sprayed Corexit directly at the wellhead spewing oil from the bottom of the gulf, even though no one had ever tried spraying it below the water's surface before. BP also used more of the dispersant than had been used in any previous oil spill, 1.8 million gallons, to try to break up the oil.

Meanwhile, the spill coincided with the typical spring flood of the mighty Mississippi, which sent millions of gallons of freshwater cascading in to push the oil away from the coast.

The Corexit broke the oil droplets down into smaller drops, creating the plume, Hollander said. Then the smaller oil droplets bonded with clay and other materials carried into the gulf by the Mississippi, sinking into the sediment where they killed the foraminifera.

In some areas where the die-off occurred, he said, the tiny creatures came back, but in others the bottom remains bare. Meanwhile, some of the burrowing kind are digging down into the contaminated sediment — and stirring it up all over again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US Muslims watch Trump victory with 'fear and c... 2 min Stars5435 4
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 4 min positronium 14,922
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min ThomasA 312,868
News The Latest: President Obama orders flags lowere... 6 min Reality Speaks 4
News Colleges pushed to note sexual misconduct on tr... 6 min Frogface Kate 8
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min positronium 404,356
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 7 min butters_ 23,816
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Reality Speaks 1,460,326
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min when 253,575
News Trump says cancel new Air Force One: Costs 'out... 40 min Reality Speaks 143
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 2 hr President Donald ... 644
More from around the web