Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

Full story: TwinCities.com

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.
Comments
20,681 - 20,700 of 32,489 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#21795 Oct 4, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
So an increase in fraud is OK with you?
Up to what point?
Your logic is even lamer than Limbaugh's!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#21796 Oct 4, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is even lamer than Limbaugh's!
LOL

Once again your pompous generalities have you defending the absurd.

Never mind... you answered my question.

Since: Jul 12

Suitland, MD

#21797 Oct 4, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to what point?
Negligable increase. Insignificant increase.

Tell you what though, lets go with the papers that say they are scientific and are anti-global warming/change and see which group has the most fraud when identical standards are applied to each group.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#21798 Oct 4, 2012
Toidi Slayer wrote:
This is a trend that may or may not be related to this thread - you decide:
Study: Fraud growing in scientific research papers
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/study-fraud...
Its obvious that lots of exxon, oil, coal, energy, & industry money have bought results they like, from scientists who split from well established science research, in at least one area of science, AGW.

It all started with tobacco-cancer links that the smoking industry tried to side-track. That 'industry science' at least got some delays started.

Now, the energy industry has refined techniques developed in the 'smoking wars'..... even hiring the same PR agencies AND SOMETIMES THE SAME SCIENTISTS, that were in the 'smoking wars'. This time out of the pig trough gate, industry is in an all out effort to hammer lies into truth, so industry doesn't have to adapt, change, or evolve to creatures other than their pig trough selves.

DON' TAKE MUCH LOOKIN' TO SEE THE CULPRITS SCURRYIN'.
For Real

Saint Paul, MN

#21799 Oct 4, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is meaningless.
How do you compare mansions, helicopters, jets, yachts, limos, restaurants, etc on a personal basis?
There's data on the rich but not what you posted. They are energy wasters.
Yea dude guess what? who builds the helicopters, jets, yachts, limos, and works the restarants. Middle class americans raising a family nitwit. You can't do that living in a birdhouse.

Sorry those jobs are not done by Slew, he takes the welfare check
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#21800 Oct 4, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Sorry, writing from TX disqualifies you from intelligent discussions. I like Obama's anything...since when aren't we all Americans ??? My answer is when the right started working against the president.
You should be sorry.

Whose fault is it that Seattle is the most educated city in USA? Not the Texans'. But Austin is pretty good actually, if you ignore the capital building.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#21801 Oct 4, 2012
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea dude guess what? who builds the helicopters, jets, yachts, limos, and works the restarants. Middle class americans raising a family nitwit. You can't do that living in a birdhouse.
Hey dude, when are you going to smart up??

Your post is meaningless again. Can you compare the energy consumption?

Btw, who has more kids rich or the poor while you think about their energy use?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#21802 Oct 4, 2012
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do I earn my way, I capitalize Americans and can spell restaurant, dumb troll... LMAOROTFU~! Free rent in your EMPTY head.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#21803 Oct 4, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You should be sorry.
Whose fault is it that Seattle is the most educated city in USA? Not the Texans'. But Austin is pretty good actually, if you ignore the capital building.
If you're ACTUALLY from TX, you're the exception...sadly your fellow Texan is a turd blossom.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#21804 Oct 5, 2012
ObamaSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a clue.
Private enterprise creates jobs, not the gubberment that just spends the tax dollars on people who want free money from those that choose to work.
How long would the US last if they took all the money from the business owners that employ the rest?
About 2 weeks.
Where will Obama get the money to pay for those lazy people who are not willing to take the risk and start a business to employ other people.
He will print it.
The US has already printed 3 times the amount of money that was in circulation before he was elected in 2008.
Congratulations. Your US dollar is worth 33 cents as soon as the US banks release all the money into the market.
Elect an American who understands that private enterprise success is your only hope for recovery.
Business owners create jobs and wealth, not the gubberment.
Obama only worked for the gubberment all his life and does not have clue about the real world. Except how to destroy the US.
That's what this closet Muslim wants.
Send the closet Muslim a message.
Elect Romney, or perish as a nation.
THE OFFICE OF TAX POLICY RESEARCH
"is a research office at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. OTPR supports and disseminates academic research on all aspects of the tax system, with the goal of informing discussion about the future course of policy. We are non-partisan and advocate no particular policies."

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#21805 Oct 5, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I did. But you do not have the capability to understand. You continue to throw the baby out with the bath water.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21806 Oct 5, 2012
Toidi Slayer wrote:
This is a trend that may or may not be related to this thread - you decide:
Study: Fraud growing in scientific research papers
http://www.washingtonguardian.com/study-fraud...
Fraud and conflict of interest ARE growing problems in the world of science, but the problem is that the money is coming from the corporate world - anti-warming money from Big Energy, drug money from Big Pharma, etc.

Deniers want this to be about the supposed 'vast riches' scientists receive from government or university grants, but let's be honest - ANY scientist knows that's pure BS. The BIG money comes out of the pockets of big corporations.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21807 Oct 5, 2012
Mothballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to what point?
Not only DIDN't you answer the post intelligently or to the point, you've created an offensive strawman of your own to hide behind.

And you're not a troll?

LOL...SURE you're not.:)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21808 Oct 5, 2012
D1-25-5-br wrote:
<quoted text>
After you listed your lame green devices and I tore them apart one by one , you disappeared off the D1 radar . Now you talk trash again . I repeat you are a science fraud , you were outed along with ALL your greenie friends , and NOTHING you propose either solves any problems or serves any purpose . You just want to bleed the taxpayers for as much fraud money as you can . You know that without gov't taxmoney you stand a good chance of having no life at all , especially after Romney handed Obama his A$$ last night . You are watching your only reason for living vaporize right before your own eyes . I like it !! Bleed some more !! I wanna watch .
If only lies and bluster could win a debate, huh, yokel? You'd be all set then, wouldn't you?

LOL

Yep, I'm sure you look good to yourself when you simply lie about everything you've done. Pathetic. A TRUE Rightie.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21809 Oct 5, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Your hypocrisy steps to the fore as you accuse someone else of something you're CONSTANTLY guilty of yourself, Mr. Pompous Generalities.

Troll!
Jobless

Saint Paul, MN

#21810 Oct 5, 2012
I want my gummit Obama free cell phone,
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#21811 Oct 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hypocrisy steps to the fore as you accuse someone else of something you're CONSTANTLY guilty of yourself, Mr. Pompous Generalities.
Troll!
Ahh... poor little harvey.

Fighting like mad to be relevant ... and shed his troll title.

But still failing at both.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

#21812 Oct 5, 2012
Ahhh... Poor mother... Harv is creaming you, so you post nothing...
D1-25-5-br

Lafayette, TN

#21813 Oct 5, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
If only lies and bluster could win a debate, huh, yokel? You'd be all set then, wouldn't you?
LOL
Yep, I'm sure you look good to yourself when you simply lie about everything you've done. Pathetic. A TRUE Rightie.
I'm not here to debate you . I'm here to laugh at you , to ridicule you . As for GW , you lost that debate a long time ago . But you are good for a laugh . Moron .
Romney will win . Then you & your friends will starve .
(some more) I'm gonna like that . Laugh riot . Out in my garage I have few cans of 70's vintage R-12 refrigerant . I think I'll go open one into the atmosphere in your honor .
1 post removed

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21815 Oct 6, 2012
I love this answer from Romney:

The third area, energy: Energy is critical, and the President pointed out correctly that production of oil and gas in the U.S. is up -- but not due to his policies, in spite of his policies. Mr. President, all of the increase in natural gas and oil has happened on private land, not on government land. On government land, your administration has cut the number of permits and licenses in half.
If Iím President, Iíll double them and also get the oil from offshore in Alaska, and Iíll bring that pipeline in from Canada. And by the way, I like coal. Iím going to make sure we can continue to burn clean coal. People in the coal industry feel like itís getting crushed by your policies. I want to get America and North America energy independent so we can create those jobs.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/trans...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,101,038
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 min why 22,322
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 6 min Concern Citizen 1,591
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min positronium 256,665
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques from Ottawa 177,480
Race in America: Why are blacks being seen as r... (Jul '13) 11 min xxxrayted 9,861
Californians fight over migrants 16 min dragonX 132
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Politics People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••