Global warming 'undeniable,' scientis...

Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say

There are 36484 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Scientists from around the world are providing even more evidence of global warming, one day after President Barack Obama renewed his call for climate legislation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

litesong

Everett, WA

#21785 Oct 4, 2012
Debit-5squared-brownhole wrote:
Arctic sea ice retreating ? Good !!!
toxic topix AGW deniers were crowing 3 & 4 years ago, about Arctic sea ice 'recovering'. Some of your weakest shining dimbulbs were saying the ice age, the ice age, the ice age is coming!

Now, toxic topix AGW deniers see they can't win with that argument, so play another losing game.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#21786 Oct 4, 2012
Seatttle Slew wrote:
<quoted text>So, adding clean coal, is a problem for some reason ??? Odd, they have the same position...Of course, you ARE a moron.
It's all part of a dishonest reTHUGlican strategy centered around the lie that Obama is "anti-coal." It's all over Kentucky and W. Virginia, thanks to Big Coal and their reTHUGlican allies.

Of course it was never true, but when has honesty ever stopped these people?
Toidi Slayer

Blue Bell, PA

#21787 Oct 4, 2012
This is a trend that may or may not be related to this thread - you decide:

Study: Fraud growing in scientific research papers

http://www.washingtonguardian.com/study-fraud...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21788 Oct 4, 2012
Toidi Slayer wrote:
That is 0.0096% of the papers. Therefore we should conclude that this proves climate science is fraudulent? That the other 99.9904 percent are meaningless? Sounds like Limbaugh logic to me.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#21789 Oct 4, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is 0.0096% of the papers. Therefore we should conclude that this proves climate science is fraudulent? That the other 99.9904 percent are meaningless? Sounds like Limbaugh logic to me.
So an increase in fraud is OK with you?

Up to what point?
H2Oh

United States

#21790 Oct 4, 2012
.......Obama's high energy cost consume a far greater percentage of income of the poor and middle class than the rich.

Talking economics last night, Obama was a fish out of water.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#21791 Oct 4, 2012
Sorry, writing from TX disqualifies you from intelligent discussions. I like Obama's anything...since when aren't we all Americans ??? My answer is when the right started working against the president.
D1-25-5-br

Lafayette, TN

#21792 Oct 4, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
An unusually dumb post even by YOUR lame standards. Please, leave the discussion to adults.
After you listed your lame green devices and I tore them apart one by one , you disappeared off the D1 radar . Now you talk trash again . I repeat you are a science fraud , you were outed along with ALL your greenie friends , and NOTHING you propose either solves any problems or serves any purpose . You just want to bleed the taxpayers for as much fraud money as you can . You know that without gov't taxmoney you stand a good chance of having no life at all , especially after Romney handed Obama his A$$ last night . You are watching your only reason for living vaporize right before your own eyes . I like it !! Bleed some more !! I wanna watch .
Welfare Dad

Saint Paul, MN

#21793 Oct 4, 2012
I want my free gummit Obama cell phone, and does food stamps and some of dat welfare.

Obama 2012!
PHD

Houston, TX

#21794 Oct 4, 2012
ObamaSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess:
- you are not a business owner or a risk taker
- you have never had to come up with the money to pay your employees
- you do not pay for health care for other people
- you just do the minimum amount and expect the other workers to fill the gap left by you
or, maybe you just decided not to do anything and collect money from the guberment that everybody else pays for?
Maybe you are Greek?
Or are you just like them.
Nice to suck.
Nunya get a life sux. Maybe you like it greek you so often bring it up. Partner with the dirtling and remember to use protection.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21795 Oct 4, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to what point?
Your logic is even lamer than Limbaugh's!
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#21796 Oct 4, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is even lamer than Limbaugh's!
LOL

Once again your pompous generalities have you defending the absurd.

Never mind... you answered my question.

Since: Jul 12

Washington, DC

#21797 Oct 4, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to what point?
Negligable increase. Insignificant increase.

Tell you what though, lets go with the papers that say they are scientific and are anti-global warming/change and see which group has the most fraud when identical standards are applied to each group.
litesong

Everett, WA

#21798 Oct 4, 2012
Toidi Slayer wrote:
Its obvious that lots of exxon, oil, coal, energy, & industry money have bought results they like, from scientists who split from well established science research, in at least one area of science, AGW.

It all started with tobacco-cancer links that the smoking industry tried to side-track. That 'industry science' at least got some delays started.

Now, the energy industry has refined techniques developed in the 'smoking wars'..... even hiring the same PR agencies AND SOMETIMES THE SAME SCIENTISTS, that were in the 'smoking wars'. This time out of the pig trough gate, industry is in an all out effort to hammer lies into truth, so industry doesn't have to adapt, change, or evolve to creatures other than their pig trough selves.

DON' TAKE MUCH LOOKIN' TO SEE THE CULPRITS SCURRYIN'.
For Real

Saint Paul, MN

#21799 Oct 4, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is meaningless.
How do you compare mansions, helicopters, jets, yachts, limos, restaurants, etc on a personal basis?
There's data on the rich but not what you posted. They are energy wasters.
Yea dude guess what? who builds the helicopters, jets, yachts, limos, and works the restarants. Middle class americans raising a family nitwit. You can't do that living in a birdhouse.

Sorry those jobs are not done by Slew, he takes the welfare check
SpaceBlues

United States

#21800 Oct 4, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Sorry, writing from TX disqualifies you from intelligent discussions. I like Obama's anything...since when aren't we all Americans ??? My answer is when the right started working against the president.
You should be sorry.

Whose fault is it that Seattle is the most educated city in USA? Not the Texans'. But Austin is pretty good actually, if you ignore the capital building.
SpaceBlues

United States

#21801 Oct 4, 2012
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea dude guess what? who builds the helicopters, jets, yachts, limos, and works the restarants. Middle class americans raising a family nitwit. You can't do that living in a birdhouse.
Hey dude, when are you going to smart up??

Your post is meaningless again. Can you compare the energy consumption?

Btw, who has more kids rich or the poor while you think about their energy use?
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21802 Oct 4, 2012
For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do I earn my way, I capitalize Americans and can spell restaurant, dumb troll... LMAOROTFU~! Free rent in your EMPTY head.
Amused Slew

Kent, WA

#21803 Oct 4, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You should be sorry.
Whose fault is it that Seattle is the most educated city in USA? Not the Texans'. But Austin is pretty good actually, if you ignore the capital building.
If you're ACTUALLY from TX, you're the exception...sadly your fellow Texan is a turd blossom.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#21804 Oct 5, 2012
ObamaSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a clue.
Private enterprise creates jobs, not the gubberment that just spends the tax dollars on people who want free money from those that choose to work.
How long would the US last if they took all the money from the business owners that employ the rest?
About 2 weeks.
Where will Obama get the money to pay for those lazy people who are not willing to take the risk and start a business to employ other people.
He will print it.
The US has already printed 3 times the amount of money that was in circulation before he was elected in 2008.
Congratulations. Your US dollar is worth 33 cents as soon as the US banks release all the money into the market.
Elect an American who understands that private enterprise success is your only hope for recovery.
Business owners create jobs and wealth, not the gubberment.
Obama only worked for the gubberment all his life and does not have clue about the real world. Except how to destroy the US.
That's what this closet Muslim wants.
Send the closet Muslim a message.
Elect Romney, or perish as a nation.
THE OFFICE OF TAX POLICY RESEARCH
"is a research office at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. OTPR supports and disseminates academic research on all aspects of the tax system, with the goal of informing discussion about the future course of policy. We are non-partisan and advocate no particular policies."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min messianic114 219,618
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min Quirky 412,946
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 23 min Well Well 2,433
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 34 min Bigot mysoginist ... 6,020
News Protecting Trump Tower cost NY City $24 million... 43 min Susanm 62
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 47 min Trumpbot watch 21,140
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 59 min Jay 259,030
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Well Well 1,497,797
News Donald Trump Is Mentally Ill According to Petit... 1 hr nikolai longcocki... 178
More from around the web