Romney as governor denied new birth c...

Romney as governor denied new birth certificates to gay couples

There are 315 comments on the www.wisconsingazette.com story from Oct 25, 2012, titled Romney as governor denied new birth certificates to gay couples. In it, www.wisconsingazette.com reports that:

The nation's largest LGBT civil rights group today is condemning steps Republican Mitt Romney took when governor of Massachusetts to investigate same-sex couples with children and deny requests for new birth certificates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wisconsingazette.com.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Post Falls

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Romney is the Antichrist.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 25, 2012
freedomfromyou wrote:
He IS The New World Order. Why are people like Trump and others so intent on placing him in the White House?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 25, 2012
Naw. He's just an ivory tower conservative raised in a pseudo-religion based upon lies and fantasy.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 25, 2012
... and 19th Century gullibility.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#5 Oct 25, 2012
Yet another reason why I don't care for the man......remember he signed that Platt Pledge from Iowa........I don't vote for people willing to eliminate my rights or treat me different just because of who I am!!!

Location hidden

#6 Oct 25, 2012
snyper wrote:
True too. Remember Bush Sr. He spoke openly of the New World Order. Jr. tried to implement PNAC.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#7 Oct 25, 2012
Romney is a decent governer for rejecting the PP, which supports abortion and condoms. He firmly against abortion. He also rejected birth certificates to gays, which is good, because gays are scum. I hate gays.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 25, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
Romney is a decent governer for rejecting the PP, which supports abortion and condoms. He firmly against abortion. He also rejected birth certificates to gays, which is good, because gays are scum. I hate gays.
Another worthless opinion.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#9 Oct 25, 2012
Another example of how the anti-gay are willing to hurt children for the sake of putting uppity gays and lesbians in their place.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#10 Oct 25, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Another worthless opinion.
Another worthless teen who doesn't care for others opinions, hello TEX'es sock puppet.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#11 Oct 25, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
No one knows where Romney really stands on anything. It depends on which audience he's pandering to at the moment.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#12 Oct 25, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knows where Romney really stands on anything. It depends on which audience he's pandering to at the moment.
Feminists love sucking up to Obama and the PP, that is why feminists hate him. Feminists are scum anyway, and they are probably the ones partly increasing Obamas chance winning.
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Oct 25, 2012
snyper wrote:
Amen and hallelujah!
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#14 Oct 25, 2012
freedomfromyou wrote:
Are you hidings sock puppet?
TheTroll Stopper

Roanoke, VA

#15 Oct 25, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Feminists love sucking up to Obama and the PP, that is why feminists hate him. Feminists are scum anyway, and they are probably the ones partly increasing Obamas chance winning.
So you're a misogynist as well as a homophobe. Figures.

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#16 Oct 25, 2012
A "BIRTH CERTIFICATE" is a legal document, certifying a live birth, and listing the particular FACTS of that birth, including, but not limted to: date of birth, time of birth, place of birth, father, mother.

These are the FACTS that are listed on this legal document.

Just because a child is adopted by one or 2 people, does NOT change the FACTS of their birth.

A Birth Certificate should list ONLY the FACTS of that birth.
Orangelion

Buckley, UK

#17 Oct 25, 2012
Gays don't deserve to be given and treated with identities, that is wht they shouldn't have a birth certificate.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#18 Oct 25, 2012
Cal In AZ wrote:
A "BIRTH CERTIFICATE" is a legal document, certifying a live birth, and listing the particular FACTS of that birth, including, but not limted to: date of birth, time of birth, place of birth, father, mother.
These are the FACTS that are listed on this legal document.
Just because a child is adopted by one or 2 people, does NOT change the FACTS of their birth.
A Birth Certificate should list ONLY the FACTS of that birth.
Your argument is pointless as there are already states issuing birth certificates naming adoptive parents which have been doing it for years. And some of them list same sex couples as parents just like they do for opposite sex couples.

Refusing this legal paperwork is pure prejudice and harms the child. Is putting uppity gays and lesbians in their place so important that you would hurt children to do it?

Coolidge, AZ

#19 Oct 25, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is pointless as there are already states issuing birth certificates naming adoptive parents which have been doing it for years. And some of them list same sex couples as parents just like they do for opposite sex couples.
Refusing this legal paperwork is pure prejudice and harms the child. Is putting uppity gays and lesbians in their place so important that you would hurt children to do it?
I'm not against LGBT people adopting children. But I AM AGAINST changing the FACTS on a legal document to something that is NOT FACTUAL.

ONE reason for this is that many people carry genes that could put them at a higher risk for certain diseases. A good example of this is breast cancer in women. For instance, Christina Applegate (one of my FAV actresses), elected to have a double mastectomy because she carries the BRCA1 gene. If one is able to research their family history, for medical information in particular, it is ESSENTIAL, that the TRUE AND CORRECT information be listed on the appropriate birth certificates.

Moreover, a birth certificate "proves" very little, and is almost never neccessary to obtain any form of offical ID. So a birt certificate SHOULD LIST ONLY THE FACTS OF A BIRTH. Why the heck does that sound so unreasonable to you ?!

And btw, just to illustrate the point of I.D., I have several state-issued photo I.D.'s, all with different names, and all perfectly legal, and if you checked them out with the state taht issued them, the state would tell you that they are genuine, and that all theinformation is correct, accurate, and up to date. Yet they all have differnt names.

So it's really impossible to "prove" your identity, and very easy to get an ofiical state-issued I.D. in any name you want.

Also, you can obtain anyone's birth certificate, merely by writing a letter to the appropriate authority, asking for a copy, and paying a small fee, i've done this a couple of times.

Also, my parents changed my sister's name about a year or so after she was born. ALL her school records beginning at kindergarten, thru college, and all her other ID shows the name my parents started calling her at about the age of 18 months. The ONLY document that does not have that name is her birth certificate. So a birth certificate doesn't necessarily mean all that much.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 25, 2012
Why am I not surprised? Romney and Ryan are fascist pigs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min cathy1691823 1,396,359
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Ari son of Anarchy 228,967
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 14 min Just Think 13,170
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 15 min Go Blue Forever 12
News Biden says Sanders will endorse Clinton 31 min Go Blue Forever 2
News BLM leader warns of convention protests 32 min Go Blue Forever 1
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 36 min Go Blue Forever 1,965
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr spud 3,640
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Agents of Corruption 388,435
News Trump takes on trade deals in Pennsylvania speech 7 hr serfs up 70
More from around the web