US debt ceiling crisis – Ba...

US debt ceiling crisis – Barack Obama has won the shutdown. ...

There are 8 comments on the Free Republic story from Oct 16, 2013, titled US debt ceiling crisis – Barack Obama has won the shutdown. .... In it, Free Republic reports that:

But there are caveats to that narrative. First, the Republicans aren't the only ones who ought to hang their heads in shame.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Gordon Freeman

Montesano, WA

#1 Oct 17, 2013
I would hardly count getting deeper into debt "winning". It's like going on a gameshow, winning the grand prize, then having to pay the show for the prize.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 18, 2013
I wonder if BO would let his wife spend ten times more than the income they bring into the household. Is this how he wants his kids to live...well above their means???? How stupid is he??? His kids and future grandchildren will be losers because of his failure to understand that this latest debacle's outcome was not a win for our kids and grandchildren. What stupid people...sweep 'em out!
2 posts removed

Location hidden

#5 Oct 18, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for about a year during 18351836, the United States has continuously held a public debt since the US Constitution legally went into effect on March 4, 1789. Public debt as a percentage of GDP reached its highest level during Harry Truman's first presidential term, during and after World War II, but fell rapidly in the post-World War II period, and reached a low in 1973 under President Richard Nixon. Debt as a percentage of GDP has consistently increased since then, except during the presidencies of Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.
should you be at your job at the zoo cleaning out the cages?
Only if you crapped them up! When are you going to be potty-trained?
1 post removed
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#7 Oct 18, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
soon.. too busy with your mom...she loves sucking my salami....
Sad, child, just read this poor, uneducated child's post. Primary education, child, then debate with the adults.
1 post removed

Location hidden

#9 Oct 18, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
soon.. too busy with your mom...she loves sucking my salami....
You poor thing, you never succeed with your foul attempts at humor. My mom would never get near your minute appendage. My father was a real man, a Marine...Semper Fi, Dad!!! Shoo, back in your cage.
3 posts removed
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#13 Oct 18, 2013
I tried to get into the military, my record came back to haunt me. Too many petty crimes.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 19, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
wow.. how impressive....a marine...your typical block head who couldn't hack it in the business world, so he went on the government welfare program..
bhwhahahahha.... you have a lot to learn about real men, dumb$-hit.....
Idiot, my father never went on welfare...he worked for a living until the day he died. He was a WWII vet...one of the finest. Show a little respect for those who fought in our wars so that folks like you can spew more of your vitriol and nonsense at will.
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#15 Oct 19, 2013
oblunder signed the debt bill midnite the 16th

on the 17th the debt raced past 17trillion dollars
with the addition of the largest single increase of 330 billion dollars. the 330 billion was the 'extraordinary' measures after they froze the debt clock on May 2013 25million under the debt ceiling.

proving the debt limit is a sham, the ceiling was breached and obama just cooked the books as he continued to plunge the country 70billion a month deeper in debt with no controls whatsoever by the legislature which supposedly controls the 'purse' of the country. obama cut a hole in the bottom of the purse and spends it on who knows what since the 330billion was not in any legislative budget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Politics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama given rock star welcome in Berlin 1 min American_Infidel 84
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Uncle Tab 270,283
News Republican wins Montana election despite assaul... 2 min Ronald 31
News James Comey fired as FBI director 3 min FormerParatrooper 2,780
News Barack Obama charms golfing crowds during round... 4 min American_Infidel 10
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 min TomInElPaso 25,630
News US Muslim group says Ben Carson should drop out... (Sep '15) 5 min American_Infidel 283
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min bad bob 2,612
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 38 min John 1,535,908
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 52 min Lawrence Wolf 418
More from around the web